Is there a rule of "priority to the right" (or left) in the traffic in your country...

Is there a rule of "priority to the right" (or left) in the traffic in your country? How much do people understand it or care about it? Here in Sweden this rule exists but 99% of people are too fucking stupid to understand and apply it or they don't care about it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priority_to_the_right
>Priority to the right is a right-of-way system, in which the driver of a vehicle is required to give way to vehicles approaching from the right at intersections.

Never mind the signs in the picture. Not the best illustration, I realize now.

in the us normally the bottom car that is making the turn would give way to the red car that is going straight

there is

in my state(washington) you can even make a right(but not left) turn at a 4 way when the light to go straight is red

That seems to be what a lot of people think is the rule here, but it isn't. Niggers thinking they can follow the rules of their home country all over the world.

why would car 3 have the right of way if it is the one that is travailing into a new road from a junction, the red car would have the right of way

Do you have a driver's licence? Also the priority to the right/left is for both 3-way and 4-way intersections, where there are no lights or signs.

Momentum has the right of way.

>in my state(washington) you can even make a right(but not left) turn at a 4 way when the light to go straight is red

What the fuck, isn't that the law everywhere?

They don't have enough goddamn turn lanes.

It's the same here in spain

It depends; I'm not 100% sure what the yellow sign is, but the red one seems to be a yield sign (as if entering a traffic circle or something) in which case the bottom car has right of way.

>Here in Sweden this rule exists but 99% of people are too fucking stupid to understand

Wait, you guys are already 99% niggers over there? That was quick.

What kind of shit skin rules are these? just like how you faggots give way for sand niggers to rape the pussies of your wives and daughters ffs.

I have a driver's license and he's 100% right.

Slowing down traffic all up and down a major thoroughfare everytime some fucking idiot pulls up to turn on onto it is bass-ackwards.

The point of traffic is to FLOW, not stop-and-go.

it varies by state

In the US (NY, PA, NJ, MA, VT, RI, OH and FL at least; I haven't driven in every state) the priority is always to the driver going straight. So in your scenario 1 would keep driving and 3 would stop until 1 passed. The system you described is kind of weird because it would basically turn every road into a series of stop signs. I feel like it would interrupt the flow of traffic. Then again US roads were balanced around 1/5th the traffic they have now so maybe in a system with very few cars priority to the right would work.

It's a rule that applies when there's no sign, and it's pretty logical. Most cases are in the countryside but there are some in cities. I'm pretty sure it exists in most countries.

FFS I said never mind the signs in my second fucking post. I also said this rule is for intersections with no signs or lights.

You can think whatever you want. That is the law here in Sweden, don't know about your country.

None of those signs are valid traffic signs where I live.

Atleast in our capital most people obey that rule.

Is that because you are a muslim country?

>it would basically turn every road into a series of stop signs.
No, it's a case of "give way", you just have to slow down and check, you obviously don't need to stop if there's nobody.

read the second fucking post in the thread

fpbp
That's a fucking mess.
Fix your shit son then we'll talk traffic management.

thats fucking retard, why is sweden so stupid?

Four way stops + boulevard rule is superior. Right priority is only needed if you're a third world country and can't afford stop signs at symmetrical intersections.

Every civilised country has this rule and punishes those who break it. It's not Bangkok or Malmö here

retarded*

i am referring to your traffic laws,...well...and every single aspect of your society, also

You would be hard pressed to find an intersection with no signs in the US. The few that exist are probably out in rural areas. Also I think there's even a catch-all rule "if there are no signs/traffic lights an intersection or the traffic lights have no power the intersection becomes an all way stop".

it's just fine.. if people don't get it they're fuckers

Right priority is applied to 4-way stops. If vehicles arrive at the intersection simultaneously then the vehicle who is to the right goes first.

Well then, merging traffic never has the right of way (where I live) unless there is a sign indicating so. There would never not be a sign telling one side or the other to stop or yield here; so while the rule might apply to a vehicle entering a traffic circle there will ALWAYS be a sign indicating so; sometimes two depending on how well the primary sign can be seen on the approach.

The give-way-to-the-right meme as displayed in the picture is also used in France. It's a fucking retarded Euro-cuck thing. The red car already on the road has right of way in the UK, and I assume in any other non-cucked nation. I like the "I was here first so GTFO mentality". It should be applied to more things...

>pic related

In the US the priority is always on the car with more inertia. That is, if you are on a side street, you fucking wait till it’s clear. This also follows good human factors as it’s intuitive to not get in front of something that will kill you. It also keeps the process flow higher since moving lanes of traffic don’t have to stop.

Our right of way systems usually focus on when traffic is stopped like in turn lanes and 4 way stops, again giving priority to lanes that need more traffic. Like the Main Street turn lane still has priority over an entrance because it’s the street and we don’t want it getting backed up.

Are you telling me in Sweden you have to stop for everybody that wants on the road? That’s so cucked... and dangerous.

That's fucking stupid then

why would the road with a red car have a "watch out, crossing of equivalent roads" sign? shouldn't it be a "yield" or even a "stop"?
yeah, we have the same rules, signs override priority to the right, '3' goes first, before '1'. without the signs it would be the other way around.

Hahahha that's a retarded fucking rule

in the US, merging traffic needs to yield.

i remember being in france with a frenchman, driving around the arc de triomphe and freakign out at first because people were just coming in from the right.

Most of the time it's not needed, there are stop signs literally everywhere here

Who goes first Sup Forums? Both going straight. Both arrive at the same time.

the yellow sign for car number 3 is a "primary road", meaning other cars have yield for that road. dunno if you burgers have those tho

the red car because he is on the right.

Red

In Oregon too

>what are roundabouts or traffic lights

>I like the "I was here first so GTFO mentality".
Insurance companies don't like it... That's why this rule exists, in case of accident people can't say "I was here first gib me the mony".

Where I live, the red car, unless red car has a pussy beta in it who waves on the green car, which happens from time to time.

>Both arrive at the same time.
Quantumly impossible. Someone always arrives first making the right-hand rule irrelevant.

>>what are roundabouts or traffic lights
costly crutches for a population too dumb for traffic rules?

What does this have to do with Sup Forums

Damn sage

Red car

so traffic laws aren't politics? dumbass

>Is there a rule of "priority to the right" (or left) in the traffic in your country?
Yes, it was invented here.
>How much do people understand it or care about it?
Anybody understands and follows it, even most bicyclists.

That's retarded. Priority should be given to the one already on the road so as not to slow traffic. Here in the US there are signs at just about every intersection in the country so people assume that if there is no sign they have priority because the other guy will have a sign.

One the very rare occasion where neither side has a sign people just stop their cars and get out and have a chat with each other in the middle of the road for 10 minutes because it is some tiny as town in the middle of nowhere where everyone knows each other.

>not to slow traffic
Slowing traffic is intentional.

fuck it. I drive an 18 wheeler. I win.

this

That makes no sense. it’s setup in non cuck countries where they’re stupidity for pulling out into traffic and not yielding punishes them

Why though? Person coming in from the right has to slow down already just to be able to make the turn but there is no reason to slow the person continuing forward.

I recall reading some comment on the website of a travel agency about how some americans got fined for speeding in Hungary even though, as they whined "no speed limit was posted". I drove for years in the USA and indeed, speed limit signs were everywhere. so is that a given, that in the USA no speed limit sign == no speed limit? because in Hungary it's highway = 130 km/h, lower class highway = 110 km/h, country road = 90 km/h, railway crossing = 30 km/h, inside towns (marked by a sign on every road leading into and out of the town) it's 50 km/h, except if the beginning-of-town sign is accompanied on the same pole by a speed limit sign, because then that is the default speed limit. also, other speed limit signs may alter (raise or lower) the speed limit, but their effect only lasts up to the next side street or other crossing, then reverts to the default. it's exceedingly simple.

There are dedicated priority streets for going fast without slowing down.
Priority to the right usually happens in residential areas, so you keep awareness and don't just speed through them. It's safer for everyone.

What unit does America measure it's speed in? Miles or kilometres? Kilometres don't mean fuck all to me.

In Oregon For country roads it’s 55mph, highway 55 usually and 65 on some, roads out of main city centers 40, in city roads in town 30-35, residential 25, parking lots 5

>Priority to the right usually happens in residential areas, so you keep awareness and don't just speed through them. It's safer for everyone.
I don't think that's really true at all. Imagine if you're car number 3 and you pull out on the the road assuming car number 1 is going to stop because that's the law. You're essentially putting your life on the line assuming that car 1 is intelligent enough, or sober enough, or whatever to actually follow the law. Frankly, that's not a gamble I'd be willing to take, law or no especially so because if car 1 is a dumbshit he's going to crash straight in to the driver side of car 3. The sane and sensible thing would be for car 3 to come to a stop and wait for an opening in traffic before proceeding. In residential areas you never have to wait more than a few seconds because there isn't all that much traffic.

Miles

we're used to them being posted everywhere

by way of those signs it should be
>car 3 turns right
>while car 2 goes straight
>lastly car 1 should continue its path following car 3

It depends on the city where I live they’re not posted that often but a big city you find them everywhere

typically I just go at the traffic speed or what feels comfortable
there's some big ass 5 lane roads in industrial areas that are inexplicably posted at 35 when you could easily do 50

US has default speed limits but they vary by state which complicates things. Apparently in Texas they even vary by county.

That applies to a stoplight in the states too, if driver A has a red light and driver B has a protected left turn then driver B has to make sure driver A isn’t going to be a dumbass and run the red. I agree it’s a dumb rule to police the speed that way, it ruins the flow of traffic and it’s a hazard

If there is no stop sign then the vehicle coming from the right has priority.

Vehicles entering a highway are obliged to give priority to vehicles already on the highway.

A big issue here, is who has to stop when entering a round-about. Some say the vehicles already in the round-about. Others say the vehicles that are about to enter the round-about.

Straight has ultimate right of way over turns in an intersection without traffic lights or stop signs. People like you are why I hate driving

Whoever slowly rolls through the stop. Jesus have you never driven aggressively?

>Some say the vehicles already in the round-about.
that's fucking stupid

see

>costly
Third world detected

I agree.

In the Northeast there is ALWAYS a stop of yield sign. If there is not, whoever is already in the road has the Right of Way. That's the rule of thumb for all things in MA: whoever was already here has priority over whoever is coming in.

If only our immigration policy was the same.

In the US in a situation like that, it's almost always going to be controlled with a yield sign or a stop sign directed towards the driver turning right into traffic. On highways, the right of way is generally given to those on the highway, with no obligation to yield to merging traffic.

Theoretical exam teaches the rule backwards. They give you a top down drawing like OP gave and have you list the order in which the cars will drive, in reality all you need to concern yourself is whether or not you have someone to your right, teaching plebs whether the person going opposite way or goes before person coming from the left is pointless.

If the road is 3 is going is single way 1 has priority. If it's 2 way then traffic lights direct who can and can't move.

Yeah it would be easy to go 80 on highways but it’s limited to 55 here, to many dumbasses who drive slow in the passing lane or decide to tap their brakes constantly. You’re right though just going at speed the flow of traffic is going is a good rule of thumb if you have no idea

80 in my vehicle feels like driving a quad bike

>Swede
>Doesn't realize that the law can be wrong
Like pottery

your law sucks then, stop putting retards in charge that can't even play Cities Skylines properly

Turning cars yield to thru traffic.

... But if nobody's behind me and it's a slow road I'll usually brake and give them the opening.

If nobody's behind you why give them an opening? They'll have an opening as soon as you pass the intersection.

>Masshole lecturing people on driving

I've lived in MA all my life. Everyday I see people doing the dumbest and most reckless fucking shit on the roads due to impatience and entitlement.

Also, "keep right except to pass" isn't really a thing here, apparently. Going to Maine is always a refreshing change of pace. Those fuckers know how to drive.

Why is everything so much more retarded in europ... oh... never mind.

Also, when are you guys going show us Amerifats how it's done and take all these niggers and spics off our hands?

>Stopping on a roundabout

Who would ever think that's a good idea? Roundaways need to be fluid because they have extremely limited capacity, unlike roads.

I take my right of way ever morning and laugh at the pissed off bums that nearly bone their car into mine as they stay behind me and flash their lights or aggresively pass me while honking.

You just agreed with him

Move to the South. Rule of thumb south of the Mason-Dixon Line is cops don't bother with anything less than 10-15 above the posted limit. I'll usually coast at a comfy 80-85 mph on the highway.

There’s really no point, I’ve done that myself and the person merging usually looks at you confused as you wave them forward. But sure it’s a good thing to do if someone is leaving a parking lot and there’s a dozen cars behind you and a red light in front of you

In NYC/NJ area people pretty much just drive like in Mad Max. No sense of the fast lane, people fly by on the outside lane and drive side-by-side going 50 in the fast lane. I fuckin hate driving here.

Yes in Germany it works fine.
However in my town there is a crossing while both roads are one way. And a bus driver was so sure about his priority that he rammed and pushed a fucking Van for 2 or 3 meters. Fucking hilarious. But busdrivers are about 60% mudbloods here. And 99% of them are assholes.

Common courtesy. It's the vehicle equivalent of stopping to hold a door for someone.

Like I said, I'll only do it if it's a slow road and there's no one behind me, I ain't slammin' on the brakes on the highway during rush hour to let someone pull out from an intersection.

>alpha car with the greatest momentum must stop to allow beta low velocity car potter out sheepishly from side road
literally swedish tier traffic law