Can someone tell me just what the fuck Canada thinks they need an army for

>18 Billion budget
>23,000 active duty soldiers
>No attack helocopters
>1/3 regiments completely French speaking?!?
Leafistanis, explain yourselves
>inb4 "elite" snipers and commandos, wars aren't fought by spec ops...or Canadians appearently

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.ca/bruce-moncur/canadian-forces_b_6407088.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_York
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actually JTF-2 is used a lot both overtly and covertly. Our standing military is a joke though, and serves the purpose of employing people essentially.

t. former weekend warrior

>wars aren't fought by spec ops
kek what

Battles are fought by spec ops, wars are fought by army's...I'm just saying, when your numbers are that low, may as well scrap all support jobs and make military strictly straight leg infantry that can deploy easily as an augment with US/ British units

This can confirm we are so backlogged on recruitment people who passed.im summer.are still waiting for medical.
JTF-2 are respected even by /k/

I actually tried joining in 2006, was told 2 year wait for infantry. As I'm a dual citizen, joined the US Marines instead. No shit got a call about 2 years later asking if I wanted to go to boot camp... I had already gotten back from Iraq and was about to deploy to Afghanistan

>Battles are fought by spec ops, wars are fought by army's
A battle inside of the war. Do you split hairs this much? You can't even split this hair, it doesn't make any sense.

>I'm just saying, when your numbers are that low, may as well scrap all support jobs and make military strictly straight leg infantry that can deploy easily as an augment with US/ British units
Do you not understand how a standing army functions? You need 4-5 people in support roles to make sure the 1 combat role can function properly. Sounds like you're getting most of your military knowledge from multiplayer FPS games. Don't.

Sounds about right. Atleast I get CadPat. So yay

Army is so retarded that I heard at one point they were rejecting people who want to join Infantry because “we have too many.”

>army's

if you don't even know what the right words are to describe this subject then why do you expect any of us to take you seriously about it?

this is like if you blathered on about how trump is a bad president but instead of calling him a president you called him a banana king

Nigger, I'm talking about blatantly useless jobs like your entire navy and air force, your anti missile defense soldiers, your cyber security cunts...as your military is incapable of fighting wars alone, and only deploys in support of NATO as is, would it not make more sense to bulk up your infantry and leave these useless spots for larger military members to fill

Lord Trudeau asked for 5000more troops

>I'm talking about blatantly useless jobs
You're fucking useless and your empty skull could be used to store Canadian military hardware.

Don't liberals actually use the military more than conservatives in your country for some reason? Some guy from BC told me that

Yup. Our liberals are more war hungry than the conservatives

HAHAHAHAHA, you can literally criticize any aspect of Canadian culture and leafs are like "Meh, your kinda right." but if your say ANYTHING about: beer, hockey, their military; they turn into a bunch of over sensitive niggers. Kek

sshh don't mention logistics to summerkids, they're still here(as if they ever left)

You're literally just a moron, that's what I'm telling you. Your posts are indicative of a dummy.

What's wrong with hockey and beer?

they are a vassal state to the US. Their armed forces are committed to US foreign policy as a "payment" for our defending them.

What the hell is up with that yellow silencer on the end of that assault rifle?

We Swiss could easily beat Canada.

Fire-adapter for shooting blanks.

That fuckin weeb looks like a grass stained dog turd.

>be canadian
>wear massive reflective patch on arm
>get spoted
>get obliterated along with your squad
>all is fine because atleast now you dont have to go home to your shithole country

Can you tell me just what the fuck Canada thinks they need an army for? You know, like the topic of this thread...fuck off to plebit if you're gonna be a sensitive little cunt

CadPat has a +15 to stealth
Reflective patch is only -5 to stealth is all good

>wear massive reflective patch on arm
You're retarded, we don't wear the red and white flags in the field. We have CADPAT versions of them.

>just
>watch
>me

For shit like Iraq we were there right behind ya second biggest supporter besides u fuckers

Canada wasn't in Iraq at all

Your thread is dumb to begin with because you clearly don't understand how any military functions, let alone our military.

Multicam > Cadpat

...you sent like 69 CANSOF guys after the 2nd Iraq war had already "officially" ended, what in the actual fuck are you talking about?

Middle East all the same nuke it.
No your uniform is brown cause you don't want to see your enemies shit your pants ours are green to blend in with trees and become ghosts

We were confirmed to be in Iraq in 2005 and I'm willing to bet it wasn't the first or last time. We're still in Iraq right now.

>be me
>be canadian spec ops
>do literally nothing
>go to afghanistan
>get made fun of by those stupid american special forces, such assholes
>get into a combat situation
>a bullet hit the door of the truck i was in. A BULLET!!!!!
>go home
>praised as a combat hero
>nobody in the history of the canadian military has ever experienced what i experienced
>have severe PTSD
>only thing that will help me is coming home to my beautiful wife
>get home
>go upstairs to surprise her
>find her getting ravaged by our neighbor, who is a 6’4 black man with a gigantic obongo dick
>MFW

>what the fuck Canada thinks they need an army for

To protect multiculturalism and cosmopolitanism until our Chinese Muslim overlords take over and rename the nation "New Malaysia".

>Can someone tell me just what the fuck Canada thinks they need an army for

Because the moose have gone crazy

MMMMMMM, kinda do actually. Why I'm asking what the fuck is the point of Canada having an army. (still hasn't answered question) Stay mad

>why not just remove all logistics positions so the military can't even do anything bro?!?

Anyone noticed the guy in the background with what looks to be a bloodbag hooked up and in his pocket?

Your CANSOF all wear US Mulicam brainlet, like the last pic related

>23,000 active duty soldiers
wrong troll

You literal nigger, are you being pedantic or are you just this dense? You ONLY deploy in support of NATO, so my point is you may as well use their support and concentrate on bulking up your infantry as your 3 regiments are on a skeleton crew...unless their is another POINT to the Canadian army...answer the question mother fucker!!!!
68,000 total, 23,000 active duty. Learn how to read drone dodger

This is true

just like when you say anything to an amerifag.

Armies are self sustaining. You cant raise an army for war without a standing army competent in the current technology and tactics to teach them. They will deploy in operations with other allies and they will work in disaster relief and they will exercise to become competent and respected among their allies.

It's very rare for any country to not have an army. Even one like NZ with no borders and perhaps 10,000 troops has it's SAS and the snipers compete favorably in the concentration in canada, deploy on 5 operations in the last 10 years, etc

For countries that have such a small military, or have a big brother like the US on their border, I would my though would be just go all in on one aspect, especially one that big bro across the border may be faltering with, or something they use a lot. In canada's case, it seems to me they would be better off devoting more men to have a 3000 strong special forces unit, seeing as the most they do is counter terrorism, and maintain a small airforce, and a small armored corps if a larger conflict, were to ever happen. That way they can just put the commandoes under coalition command and use their armored units to support the infantry of larger coalition members.

To stop a possible civil uprising

If you get killed by your enemies, you win

God damn Fidel Castros son and that 2 year senator from Illinois sit exactly like I would have someone satirically making fun of them *cringe*

Yeah and then your own troops can't see their own flag and you have friendly fire.

Oh oh missed a few fun points:

>No AA assets
>At all
>As in "retired MANPADS without replacement tier"
>literally less AA than ISIS
>This would be excusable if leafs had an airforce worth a shit
>They don't
>They rely entirely on American LHDs for force projection
>Which is one less LHD than fucking Singapore

Multicam, Alpenflage, and KLMK are my favs.

Yeah, really what Canada needs are standardized uniforms that would minimize friendly-fire incidents.

Oh wait, we already have that.

Good question. And why does Mexico need an air force?

I-is, is this article accurate?

huffingtonpost.ca/bruce-moncur/canadian-forces_b_6407088.html

>Huffington post
Yeah, definitely

They look like this?

To strafe drug cartels who have as much firepower as a canadian infantry platoon

...because they regularly put down large insurrections from cartels. Have you been living under a rock?

We don't have anything in Canada called "active duty" We have regular (70,000) and reserve forces (25,000), numbers you are posting are wrong, showing me that you are only a troll amarifag who actually knows nothing of what you talk about. Why would Canada go fight a war by itself anyways, no one accept Mudslimes want to blow us up, even North Korea has no issues with leafs

No western military deploys by themselves anymore. The US hasn't been involved in a war without asking for help from other countries since the 60s. You have massive bases around the world left over from world war 2 that literally do nothing but provide a place to keep service members in an attempt to make amarifags feel US military is doing something.

Do you wanna try making some sense?

This is what they need an army for

Beer is nothing more than piss.

*face palm* I said active duty soldiers. Your entire combined air force, navy, and army is 70,000 brainlet (not that 70,000 active duty soldiers would be much of an improvement)
>No western military deploys by themselves anymore
You're right, they all deploy with the UNITED FUCKING STATES
God damn, why are sand nigger leafs so autistic?

1 Canadian military man is worth about 10 American, so even if it's small our elite training makes up for it

Because they have patriots who need to do patriotic things with in their lives.

We don't need an army apart for disaster relief, U.S taxpayers take care of our country's defense

So are you in the forces or just ecstatic that you pay so much for it

>Grossly underfunded
>Our troops are trained 10x better than yours
Oh, so that's why you got replaced by the French globally for peace keeping?
Fun fact: Canadians low-key made southern Afghanistan a dangerous hellhole because they were wholly incapable of fighting the war in Panjwai, Sangin, and Musa Qaleh.

They spent their entire time LARPing about Oruzgan, Deh Rawood, and Baghran. All the problems came from Tarin Kowt or Qalat, never because they were't able to properly fight and wouldn't authorize the necessary ROE. They LARPed so hard the US and other countries had to dedicate extra 'surge' troops to Kandahar and when the US figured out the problem was Canada, they were relieved, only the Canadian Hospital remained.

Veteran

Leaf vetfag here. your numbers are correct.
even worse -- maybe 5000 of those are active duty (called regular force here) infantry soldiers from a total of 3 regiments (RCR, PPCLI, 22nd).
the infantry is the whitest branch left in the CF.
every supply and medic unit has a lesbian colony. its fucking weird.

In the Korengal, in Paktika, ABAD, and occasionally in Khowst (neighboring Paktika), you would see massive formations of fighters mobilize and attack US positions. Some places, this would occur more often, but these locations are similar in that they have easy border access to be used as staging, supply, and casevac. In the case of the Korengal, you didn't need as many fighters because the location was a bowl surrounded by soup.

In the other locations, I've seen 200+ men attacks take place where guys were throwing cots at the people they were fighting. In some instances, they might have only survived because the attack was known about ahead of time and extra ammunition and crew served weapons were moved to the outposts. In one case, the staging area was discovered and a file of roughly 160 fighters was engaged by AH-64 and A-10's.

These types of attacks never occurred while not in proximity to the border.

In southern Afghanistan (Kandahar, Panjwai, Arghandab, Sangin, and Musa Qaleh) these types of attacks occurred regularly against Canadian units. Often, Medevac birds couldn't even get in to save people because the restrictions on their landing somewhere were so strict. (A shot couldn't have been fired in the last hour) For whatever reason, Canadian Officers wouldn't lie about this, and I don't know that anyone died because of it but you can imagine. Massive attacks like these were a regular occurrence, and squad-platoon sized attacks even more so.

The Canadian"military" is a joke

what the fuck are you talking about?
people from the private sector come from the public
your military is only as good as the basis of your citizens and looking at your populations Id say your army is shit leaflet

It is for signal to the world (but chiefly the US) Canada's virtuous commitment to the UN and peacekeeping, but it ends up in debacles due to all the child rape by the Canadian military.

The leafs have a massive chip on their shoulder that compels them do do stupid things to show up the Yanks. This leads to disasters such as Dieppe to today's hugs for thugs in welcoming all the mohammedans, handing over millions of dollars to terrorists, etc.

They are a broken, effeminate people.

We have you so we don't have to do any real efforts

again, the autistic Reeeee is funny. the combined force is about 100,000 if you include the rangers.

We have 70,000 Regular force members (retards who show up to work everyday and do stupid shit for full pay and benefits

25,000 reserve retards (who yell autisticly on the weekends and in the summer time for less money and no benefits, most of them are in college, to lazy to wake up in the morning and work out like the real army,)

5,000 Indians (who walk around in the snow up north and shit called rangers.)

fucking retard amarifag so fucking stupid he cant even do math correctly.

Pretty much what NATO is. The US does everything, the UK most things, and countries like Greece and Canada do mine sweeping or sub hunting respectively.

From a previous poster:
"Leaf vetfag here. your numbers are correct.
even worse -- maybe 5000 of those are active duty (called regular force here) infantry soldiers from a total of 3 regiments (RCR, PPCLI, 22nd).
the infantry is the whitest branch left in the CF.
every supply and medic unit has a lesbian colony. its fucking weird."
God damn Canadians live in constant denial about everything

yes but 85% of those "troops" are either support trades, women, or diversity.
in other words useless.

UHHH, haven't you guys tried to annex Canada at least fopur times in the past?

ok there soo yuk fuk, lets see how those hundred million hours of dota 2 and starcraft will help when nk nukes you

We had one defensive war against Britian over 200 years ago that neither side took seriously, but for some reason autistic leafs won't shut the fuck up about it and claim every British victory as theirs (Because local milita totally marched all the way down to Washington DC)

God was on America's side that day

You made this exact same thread yesterday. Why do you even care about Canada’s military? If your not LARPING you have a real fucking rage boner against Canada.

>Going on a japanese anime board for clear and coherent answers on a countries military
>being mentally retarded

>Brits artistically tried to burn down a stone building, failed.
>Piled a bunch of furniture outside they lit on fire
>rain puts out furniture fire
>Americans laugh and then burn down Canadian parliament
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_York

Kek

That crop duster's actually pretty cool.

Only once in the war of 1812. It was more of a bargaining chip than anything really with the UK over trade rights and the impressement of former citizens into their navy. Pretty much a draw, although the UK planned to renig on the peace treaty after taking New Orleans, which failed. I don't doubt that we would've taken Canada if we could, but that wasn't the reason for the war. Our army was weak and the militias refused to cross the border. Some buildings were burned down, a song came out of it, and a hurricane spawned some tornadoes. A good time was had by all.

We did this

We don't really want Canada, we want Quebec.

>England did that
>We did this

Every male serves at least two years and you need only look at the order of battle to see S. Korea has a potent force. It's unlikely the Norks would waste a nuke on the south, rather they'd shoot them at Japan for PR purposes because it would make South Koreans happy.

If the US is lucky the ICBMs fired their way will strike Vancouver. Actually, that's what the Emperor of Cotton Candy ought to do; nuke Canada to show the capabilities. I doubt the US would go to war over Canada. Yanks would chuckle.

aw come on man, I live right in Vancouver's core!
call kim off immediately plz
I know you can do it.
challenge him to starcraft at dawn or some shit

to secure the southern border

I would :)

Ashamed to admit you were bested by leafs?

I think you spelled the British wrong, snow flake
>Why, WHY are leafs so autistic

What's this revisionist drivel?