Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro are set to debate religion in December. Who will come out on top?

Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro are set to debate religion in December. Who will come out on top?

Other urls found in this thread:

adweek.com/digital/ben-shapiro-donald-trump-is-a-smoking-garbage-heap-of-human-debris/
youtube.com/watch?v=hU6TkfCGlX8
youtube.com/watch?v=VClzcXkZ-8Q
hooktube.com/watch?v=tL5pAZU8wKA&t=615s
youtube.com/watch?v=aof6h6KTOs0
youtube.com/watch?v=8lRhq9EA0u4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Who will come out on top?
In religious debates, everyone is a bottom.

Zionists.

don't know but they both are (((scum)))

adweek.com/digital/ben-shapiro-donald-trump-is-a-smoking-garbage-heap-of-human-debris/

Both are Israeli first shills

The Jews. The Jews will come out on top.

nobody, they're both dumbasses

Shapiro will give the better performance, but they will both completely ignore what the other says and just regurgitate their memorized talking points.

when has sam harris ever successfully argued his point about anything?

his whole tactic is to lay out his retarded reasoning, get demolished by the opposition, and then quietly conclude that his abject defeat is a sign that, in fact, he is the winner - because only someone who is wrong could have proven themselves to be right.

meanwhile his legion of numales nod along and cry "religion is racist!" or whatever buzzphrase they've picked up this week.

Used to love and respect Harris a ton until he went full fucking left-wing sociopath retard and shilled as hard for Hillary he could. His level of Trump Derangement Syndrome is record-breaking.

Ben is so much smarter than Sam. He's the real Jew, and Harris is going to get the fucking hammer.

harris will get smoked

his argument will be literally "muh fairytales"

so many people butthurt about sam in this thread for some reason.

What exactly is the topic of the debate? Does god exist?

Harris.

He has an ability to take a step back out of the debate and call out whatever sneaky debate tactic his opponent is using.

Remember Deepak?

youtube.com/watch?v=hU6TkfCGlX8

Also, both should be gassed after the debate

What will the debate be about exactly? If it is about the existence of God, Harris would win because Shapiro has to admit in the end belief leans on the leap of faith.

If the debate is about religion in general and the benefits to society, I think Shapiro has a better chance of winning that one.

>Shapiro will give the better performance
You think? I see him ending up a blubbering mess. Watch this conversation for reference, his views arguments on religion are high school level.

youtube.com/watch?v=VClzcXkZ-8Q

Give one example of him failing on a single point against a religious argument

He went a bit overboard with the Russia thing but but I think the madness of the whole situation broke him somewhat. I also imagine many people point to him as being a voice who emboldened Trump because he has been critical on Islam, regardless of how much he denounces him.

That said, Trump is a retard. Just listen to the things he says. I get that a lot of people thought that it was all about SJW vs memes and that's what's important for the fucking presidency but the smartest people in the country voted Hilary. It would have been a slightly more sanctimonious Obama, that is, a stable and functioning country.

Not sure specifically but Ben mentioned they're debating religion in December on episode 396 of his show.

spotted the numale

what's the point in arguing with you? you clearly have no interest in learning anything. you've decided what's true and what isn't and now you spend your days abusing people on the internet who know that you are wrong. very sad.

Are you actually this stupid? Literally the only thing I said in response was that you give me evidence of what you're claiming. I made it easy and only asked for one example. If it's good evidence it may just convince me. And that's me not being open to learning anything. Right.

Not that guy but from the outside looking in here buddy to your conversation, you look like a fucking idiot.

What's really sad is you are looking that idiotic on a message board, where you have time to construct your argument and think about things before you hit post. In real life, I imagine you are really embarrassing to be around.

You might consider suicide, there is no dishonor in realizing the net balance of the rest of your life is to the left of the line.

Stop oppressing that innocent jewish man. Belief in god isn't a crime. We have freedom of religion.

I kind of agree with this. Ben clearly hasn't thought the topic through very well, but if it's a question of "is religion a force for good" it's very hard for anybody to mount an argument against that.
The interesting part is that sam and ben believe many of the same fundamental things, so it will be interesting to watch how they go about disagreeing with eachother, rather than just agreeing on everything.

cuck

Spbp

Would love to see Ben Shapiro debate THIS GUY

Someone that actually knows history and their game.

hooktube.com/watch?v=tL5pAZU8wKA&t=615s

jews

Ben Stiller.

where's the arguments? the facts? the proof?

>implying any more is needed

Shapiro will just come at it from a pragmatic viewpoint
Harris hopefully will find a way to pick apart Shapiro

For once I'd like to see Shapiro get smoked in an argument. I think Harris will give him a run for his moeny

Can't wait to see the two Zionists agree that identity politics are bad

Neither will. It'll come down to the same topic they disagree on: free will.

Sam will say free will doesn't exist, Ben will say it does. They won't be able to get beyond that.

Both are intelligent Jews. This will be amazing to watch.
I like both even though I disagree with both on many issues.

I still can't understand why so many people including Sup Forumstards sided with Peterson in the Harris vs Peterson debate on "truth".

Peterson was clearly BTFO in that debate.

You're either pretending to be stupid or you're too stupid to be worth engaging with so I won't after this. You made the claim dickhead.

But ben agrees with sam's viewpoint on free will. That if god doesn't exist, then there is no free will.

He makes fun of it himself:

youtube.com/watch?v=aof6h6KTOs0

Skip to 1:00

Source? Where did you find this??

It is reasonable to agree on that point but still disagree with which side of that reality actually falls.

Fanboys are always like that

2 kikes

Ben believes his God gave him free will.

Sam can show you lab data which suggests it doesn't exist.

I think that's what makes this debate so spicy, Ben will be forced into using feelings against facts.

>Sam can show you lab data which suggests it doesn't exist.

Oy vey which chosenite will win, goyim?

Yes, exactly ...
I thought Harris made a great point contra Peterson, saying that by redefining what "truth" means he's doing something even worse than the people trying to redefine language, force pronouns, etc.

I would rather see Shapiro debate the Holocaust. He's a logical guy, he knows facts count more than feelings do, so I wonder how he would get on.

youtube.com/watch?v=8lRhq9EA0u4

6:00

Don't take a post on Sup Forums for it, look into the evidence.

>muh peer reviewed science is dogma guys lol religion is gay lol smart people dont believe in the bible lol the science has been settled lol

>if i string together random strawmen in green text i dun did a good thing

Thank you very much user. I genuinely thank you.

With jews you lose. It doesn't matter which brand of kikery is being shilled. Gas them both.

But gas sam first.

cuck

No problem. I've wanted this debate for a long, long time.

Sure showed me

Shapiro is Conservative, Harris is Liberal, naturally atheistards will side with Liberal.
Ben Shapiro being intellectually superior will win over Sam Harris.

It will be the same thing that happened with David Wolpe who is way smarter than Shapiro. Completely destroyed.

Peterson isn't attempting to redefine truth, and Sam bringing that up as a point demonstrates a fundamental understanding on Sam's part of what Peterson is trying to argue. As far as the debates go, I think Sam "won" but only because Peterson isn't a debater.

I say this as someone who was entirely in Sam's camp but now agrees a lot more with Peterson's views. Someone who is schizophrenic and thinks the radio is talking to them is operating under a false reality, an illusion, and we can say that as people who don't suffer from this illusion, but if the word "true" is going to have any meaning, this illusion is on some level "true" to the schizophrenic. If you agree with that then you agree with Peterson on what defines truth.

sorry but i dont communicate with memeflags

*fundamental misunderstanding.

I'm sorta interested in hearing this debate but I can't stand listening to Shapiro's voice

If they are arguing about the existence of God then Sam Harris will come out on top. That's not to say that God doesn't exist, but that there is no proof of existence and therefore believing in him requires FAITH (and isn't that the point, anyway?)

If they are arguing about religion as a social construct then Ben should have the upper hand because the merits of western religion are OVERWHELMING when compared to its weaknesses, which only hurt a small percentage of the population.

>not believing in God doesn't require a massive leap of faith

Toothpaste, pls.

Using your example, it's true that person is having delusions but it doesn't make them so even if they act out based on those delusions. He believes the radio is talking so it is in a sense true to him but it isn't true as a matter of fact.

Does that go against Peterson or am I still misunderstanding him? I've had a lot of trouble actually grappling with what he's trying to say for the most part.

>you maybe won, but that because i didn't want to
What kind of kindergarten shit is this? He lost because his argument was shit, there's no other reason. He screeches about postmodernists and then says that truth is whatever useful to you, completely deconstructing the most fundamental concept in human civilization, to the envy of every postmodernist. Thats what happens when you go over your head and area of expertise. And there's nothing you can say that will help you weasel your way out of this.

Idk man. Peterson explicitly tried to tie truth together with evolutionary value.

Didn't they use the example of a porcupine throwing its quills?
My memory of it doesxn't really jive with hat you're saying.

>lack of belief requires faith
Never go full retard.

Please tell me Jordan Peterson is going to moderate.

Fuck this shit. Why waste a debate on religion when theres a lot else to talk about. Hope that 90 percent of it talks about the shitstainthat is Islam

>He believes the radio is talking so it is in a sense true to him but it isn't true as a matter of fact.

Absolutely, and that is what Peterson is admitting too when he says it's not an objective truth.

The issue I had with Peterson when I first heard him is that he came off as another religious man trying to redefine truth to safeguard his religious views, and I assume this is what Sam is assuming in his debates. On the contrary, I think Peterson is throwing in the towel and banishing "value truths" out of the realm of objective truths where they don't belong. They are "truths" only in so far as we act them out as animals forever trapped in this illusion.

My measure for "winning" a debate is whose arguments came off as most convincing, in this case I think Sam wins hands downs. I don't necessarily think that that makes him right.

Sam obv

Ben Shapiro will get emotional like he always does

As long as Sam doesn't start trying to talk about atheist morality (accepting the implicit assumption that "no religion = no morality" means religion is TRUE) he will wipe the floor with him

What evidence could BS even point to?

if i was interested in two kikes debating religion i would just read the fucking talmud.

Defiantly Ben you retard

>Used to love and respect Harris a ton until he went full fucking left-wing sociopath retard and shilled as hard for Hillary he could. His level of Trump Derangement Syndrome is record-breaking.
This. And I would add that while he might claim to be a freethinking atheist first, his real allegiance lies with Israel and his people.

>Sam can show you lab data which suggests it doesn't exist.
But race realism is fake because there's reasons why the data isn't right

This is a clear example of jews trying to rule through both sides in a debate.

>This is a clear example of jews trying to rule through both sides in a debate.
>Implying it isn't just Jews and spiritually Jewish goys who listen to Harris and Shapiro
Harris is /r/atheism incarnate

This

Even with the whole Michelle Fields thing I like Shapiro better.

neither will attack Judaism

B O R I N G
O
R
I
N
G A Y

Shapiro is only good with dumb college sjws. It will be a bad debate.