One thing i don't get-- how did the right become objectively wittier, funnier, and cooler than the left?

one thing i don't get-- how did the right become objectively wittier, funnier, and cooler than the left?

The spoken unspoken truth always makes one giggle.

Left took itself too seriously

Sup Forums is just made of edgy retards who want to watch the world burn and contradict the mainstream.

If the right becomes the norm then then Sup Forums will lean left because people don't actually give a fuck

Cause the right is not bound by their own retarded PC rules. That's why they can't meme or ever take a joke, cause PC culturing inherently unfunny

nah they'll just go even further right, if possible. nazi-ism and beyond is sort of a final destination of sorts for being edgy, something you can't really say about the far left.

even still, the left typically has much funnier and wittier people than the right. why aren't they keeping up? why are they so bad at memeing and in general why do they not understand how "retro right wing" they seem? they are educated in liberal universities and exposed to lots of funny shit from an early age. they should be superior versions of whatever Sup Forums's style is called but they're not even close.

the left can't meme

why though, it doesn't make sense

Should serve as a warning to what can happen if r/the_donald overshadows Sup Forums.

I think it started with the looks of the people. It's like when Sup Forums bashes on atheists now. The people in the group just look nasty, weird, and a culture that we don't want.

since ur fist got stuck up ur sphincter faggot.

We have to keep them on a tight leash.

Memes are supposed to be edgy and politically incorrect. That makes them funny. Look at the succesful memes. They're all offensive in some way.

The left is trying to push their agenda, which is why they try to improve society with memes. Therefore they include wannabe- Sjw shit into their "memes", which makes them unfunny.

The Left does'nt know that much about the internet either. They simply don't understand memes and how to use them.

>t. leftist who actually does this

When we started telling the truth and the left started lying. It used to be the other way around - to a certain extent. Back when the issue of the day was yellowcake uranium and mobile WMD labs, the Right was lying. The jews hopped off the neocon train and got on the Obama bandwagon in 2005-6. Yes, before Obama was running. The had him speak at the DNC for a reason. He was their backup plan, and it worked. Neoconservatism was roundly rejected in 2008, but they had accounted for that. They had a fresh pack of lies ready to sell, but below the surface, they still had jewish interests at the core of the new itinerary.

We started winning hearts and minds when the left started having to lie in order to keep their worldview consistent. Now that we're talking about race, immigration, gender, traditionalism, etc, we have the truth on our side. And humor has to have a dose of truth in it.

The group with the highest number of sacred cows becomes fenced in by their own taboos.

At present, the right has fewer perceived or in-group-enforced restraints on its speech. The left on the other hand has spent the past two decades walling themselves into confined territory via political correctness.

Left went so far up their ass that they now outdo Christian housewives at their own game of wanting to ban things

Also, men stopped being dominant on the left and became more apologetic and soft-spoken and careful. The death of comedy and masculinity.

And women aren't funny.

The smart, average-living people on the left went to the right. What remained are the elites, and
the tards.

The left is incapable of laughing at itself, and is offended by everything. Its the naivety of the left where they believe small actions like changing words and shit will change the world to their liking.

Me? Personally? I'm a based Centrist

good responses but again, the left produces funnier, wittier people in every other decade i can think of. they should be able to work around their self-imposed racial/gender/sexual limitations on speech pretty easily. it's not like that's the only style of humor.

Both those responses explained why there was a recent change

for example if we go back to '05 we have daily show and colbert pretty much running shit. genuinely considered to be funnier than anything the right can produce by far. they're not calling people faggots or niggers back then. but their style got outmoded and suddenly the younger generation can't keep up? it's bizarre anons.

The left was too busy fixing the country from the last time the right was in charge.

Yeah, I mean, they have that prime 105-115 IQ range that makes the best comedy. Still capable of dumbing down their jokes to the lowest common denominator, but just smart enough to get the 'sensible chuckle' crowd onboard. Plus, most people don't want any hint of true animosity towards 'lower' classes in their humor, and the left likes to punch up.

But I think now 'punching down' seems to be the edgier, off-limits form of comedy that breaks taboos and gets people gawking. "I can't believe he said that!" Whereas the true animosity can be seen in the leftists, since they direct all their criticisms at poor whites, middle class whites, men, and people they think are 'out of touch'. But it comes off as preachy, and the middle Americans they're targeting can sense the undertones of genuine loathing being directed at them. The new right wing humor punches BACK, so there's also that cathartic feeling of righteous repartee going for it.

Dunno man, this is a complex question. I feel like I've got a grasp on it, but every time I try to type it out, it just seems to get more complex.

Because anyone who doesn't see the Jew for the festering sore that they are, is a brainlet. Also anyone who supports globalism has a worldview similar to a child's

The right stopped being Chr*stian and became more secular, just like all segments of society

also, I can laugh at someone like Sam Hyde and his antics without necessarily agreeing with his positions

For leftist comedy, political alignment with the comedian is almost a prerequisite for finding them funny.

good shit user.

Any memes the left comes up with is a weak attack on a right wing meme. It's either a pale imitation or it tries too hard and isn't funny.

bravery in the face of Armageddon

the left is made of individuals
the right is made of ideas

you can't have true right wing discussions until you throw out the need to defend your persona

>they should be able to work around their self-imposed racial/gender/sexual limitations on speech pretty easily
They can't, because again they have radicalized their political base into not having a sense of humor about anything controversial. You can't poke fun of much when your audience is convinced that something as retarded as "microaggressions" exist.

Extend beyond that their inability to self-depricate, their over-dramatization of everything, their condescending attitude, their dismissive and deriding disregard of opposing viewpoints, and so forth. They've become serious-business 24/7 because they've deluded themselves into believing that those they oppose are the embodiment of pure evil (muh nazis). That kind of moral weight doesn't foster an environment of levity or humor.

You also cannot effectively lampoon or satirize anything in a way that's clever of poignant if you've lost the ability to understand the basis of why that group or person does what they do. Biting and effective humor requires some amount of truth to it to function. There's subversion of that truth or misdirection of it, but without the foundation of truth to start with all you can manage is weakly shallow counter-commentary. The kind of commentary that is excessively non-influential and lacks staying power.

In one word, edgy
The left lost it's edge, they became the status quo, and really sensitive
The late night comedy reminds me so badly of nerds in HS who would make fun of the "bullies" when they weren't around
It just comes off as so lame because you know that resentment is coming from the fact that they've been BTFO

it became none of those things.

right wingers are autistic losers who were bullied in school and now hate society

lefty is a chad who dresses well and gets all the chicks

The left was never funny. An entire ideology built on lies can't be funny to anyone that isn't a retarded sheep.

>obama
>leftist

I see this posted a lot unironically are americans really this retarded? obama is pretty right wing

obama took the radical centrist pill

Because us oldfags grew up

fpbp
look up, you got the answer in first post, you retarded?

not much in the way of competition

Stand up comedy and tv and film are establishment and old school. Its not just that they are constrained by pc
but by big money and time. Meme are the new art form. They are able to be made free and fast.