Post series that were once very popular, but now nobody cares about anymore

Post series that were once very popular, but now nobody cares about anymore

But I keep rereading it once a year

That's like almost every ended series.

People will care when the new manga starts this fall.

Every weekly UQ Holder thread was a Negima thread, and will be again when it comes back from hiatus as a Negima flashback arc in another month.

Chachamaru >= Setsuna >= Kaede > Eva > the other irrelevants

Is the school festival arc of Negima a really slow point of the manga or does it stay like this for the rest of the run, I liked the Kyoto arc but its gotten a little slow for me

Too many to list. Most series don't have much lasting appeal.

Thank fuck. Is Hayate over yet?

>People will care when the new manga starts this fall.
I'm not falling for that again

Ayaka is my waifu

i blame this shit for giving me false hope as a child

shouldve stayed away

Narue no sekai is fucking buried treasure

Gurren Lagann was widely regarded by old Sup Forums as being better than Evangelion until the faggy GAR meme wore off and everyone recognized that it was a derivative manchild series.

Madoka was hailed as a new classic on par with Evangelion. Five years later, and the franchise is dead in the water. No one but a handful of autists discusses it anymore, and it's well on its way to becoming consigned to the dustbin of history, as it should be.

No one cares about Haruhi anymore. Part of it is because the author himself dropped it, but part of it is also that everyone realized that it wasn't all that special once other LNs started to get adapted. It will, at most, be just a footnote in the history of anime.

the new series being a dud probably didn't help

I think what you're saying is every anime is destined to be forgotten except Eva

Makes me sad.

Madoka is still discussed here.

>hiatus
how long is it on hiatus?

Who's that guy

Every seasonal anime ever

Of course nobody cares anymore it ended.

GA is still loved and discussed which is not bad for a series that ended before Sup Forums began.
Was Manabi Straight even that popular?

In other news, Maria Sama was big once.

>Was Manabi Straight even that popular?
It wasn't

;_;

Is it that good?

>Implying every seasonal anime is popular.
probably has more to do with the way it ended.

Another subcategory is "popular as a manga/game until the anime came out"

I wonder if people know that Broccoli made anime/manga besides card games that usually don't last

>GA is still loved and discussed which is not bad for a series that ended before Sup Forums began.

I'm pretty sure that X (or whatever the one Chitose appeared) aired after Sup Forums became a thing

Nah. It's just a little above average at best.

For a nostalgia series, it was pretty good.

Asuna still best twintails, but both she and all of Negima has entirely too little fanart (even when it wasn't a 'completed' series)

DRRR
Baccano
yen press didn't help

Didn't it end a while ago.

Plus UQ holder is a sequel, and they're even doing a flashback arc right now.

chode gayass

I will be watching this anime forever. Never played the games though

Recent threads have disappointed me with how many lewdfags are around now.

I love the game that this led to. Don't know a single thing about the series though.

>really liked the love hina manga
>start negima
>wow this is awesome
>volume after volume of complete shounen nonsense, 50 characters, goes nowhere
>no end in sight

nah.

>tfw medaka is really smokin but her show seems like hot garbage

Plus it solidified the fall of Gainax so I can't help but salt.

It finished a few years ago.

Never read it, but the pseudo-sequel is fine enough

lies and slander.

Negima?! or however it was spelt?
Did it cut out the action and keep just the slice of life?

No, I mean UQ Holder.

MC is his grandson and Evangeline is still a main character.

The lack of love for MariMite in the current era absolutely kills me.
Fuck, man.

wow ken's art style has turned into completely uninspired shounen rubbish. Looks so flat.

love hina was never amazing art wise but at least it was distinctive

The final episode is worth the trouble.
Original material with the best character by a long shot.

you'd be surprised how many normies/casuals still love this show.

It's not up there with death note/ attack on titan but it's definitely the rung below

>Did it cut out the action and keep just the slice of life?
hahahahahahahahahahahah
don't read uq holder.

My pseudo-normie friend hadn't seen it before and another of my normie friends watched it a few months ago.

They both thought it was really stupid but iirc they liked it.

Honestly the only reason I read it was for the friend who could turn into a girl if he wanted touta's dick enough.

Sadly it was a cop out because of course it was, but it's not bad enough for me to start reading it.

Really? I figured the normalfags would have forgotten it by now and the only only anons who talk about it here are the ones who really like Yuno like me.

Generally they like it because it conforms to what normies think anime is. Cute/crazy colourful haired high school girls, action, edge, 'deep' concepts. I don't like it but I get why it has staying power.

It's the role that used to be filled by HOTD

It would be way easier to do the opposite

Tons of people still like it for some reason.

Special place in my heart from when I was a weeb for these

Last time I checked the ln was untranslated and there's like 6 separate mangas just like re zero.

I loved the shit out of Negima during the Mahora Festival/Mundus Magicus arcs, but the ending soured me on it so badly I'd rather not think about it nowadays. UQ Holder being even worse than that is the final nail in the coffin.

I do still occasionally reread Love Hina though.

I was with you until that last sentence.
I'm curious: why?

$50 this person obsessively posts in Asukafag vs. Reifag posts

I wish Overlord would die already.

SAO

There was a huge gap between the anime ending and volume 10 coming out, were people still talking about it?

I thought it was on hiatus until November when the anime starts.

Yea, so that's why I was wondering hwy they said they wished it would die.

Still one of the best harem mangas to date, and it handled the relationship well without making it terribly obvious and forced like most fake harems.

The last sentence being about UQ Holder or Love Hina?

If UQ Holder: I hate how the plot keeps shifting focus at complete random and dropping concepts before doing anything satisfying with them, as if Akamatsu himself had ADHD. Same thing that ended up happening with Negima in late Mundus Magicus when he kept introducing stuff he evidently had no intention of explaining (such as the Gravekeeper, Shiori's pactio card, the events in Instanbul etc).

If Love Hina: nostalgia and because reading further haremshit throughout the years made me sadly realize all of them are shitty Love Hina clones anyway, so I'd rather just reread one I enjoyed. Nisekoi being such cancer turned me off the genre entirely.

>it will be just a footnote in anime history

I take it you don't know how haruhi changed otaku culture then? It defined half a decade as the property people wanted to emulate.

Especially in the real of figures and merch. If haruhi is a footnote then which series will be truly remembered then?

Except this is wrong.

Fun thing is, Negima is still more loved years after it ended than UQ Holder was at its prime.

Really? I thought it was obvious that Ken had a plan for these things and just never got around to them before becoming tired of drawing Negi as an intelligent shounen action hero and wanted to go write your standard idiot boy MC.

bit fedoracore for me
>manchild series
but i fear you're semi-right on Gurren Lagann

It's mostly kept alive by the western anime fandom. In Japan it's pretty untalked about, there's still out there but it isn't exactly the era-defining experience it was for many western fans.

Nobody gives a fuck. Otakus have moved on from Haruhi. They're now obsessing on isekai shit.

why does she look like that character from HDN?