Handgun waiting periods reduce gun deaths without imposing any restrictions on who can own a gun

pnas.org/content/early/2017/10/11/1619896114

>Waiting period laws that delay the purchase of firearms by a few days reduce gun homicides by roughly 17%. Our results imply that the 17 states (including the District of Columbia) with waiting periods avoid roughly 750 gun homicides per year as a result of this policy. Expanding the waiting period policy to all other US states would prevent an additional 910 gun homicides per year without imposing any restrictions on who can own a gun.

Why are you against handgun waiting periods Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html
crimesolutions.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?ID=413
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like some bullshit, and I'm too lazy to look into their methodology. But I'm not against waiting periods.

SHALL

IT’S MY GUN AND I WANT IT NOW!

>without imposing any restrictions

a waiting period is a restriction

unconstitutional

>Ay yo, hol up
>yeh yeh, I'm finna buy that 9 rite thur hommie
>I'm sorry sir, there is a waiting period of xx days for handgun purchases
>what nigga? for realz, sheeeit
>fuckin government, fuck

nigger leaves the pawn shop empty handed.

NOT

>Nigger brains take several days longer than human brains to calm down and think clearly.

The vast majority of gun restrictions harm responsible gun owners while doing nothing to reduce crime. This might be one of the rare cases where a restriction is actually useful.

A reasonable waiting period for first time purchasers sounds reasonable to me. A CCW should let you bypass it, since you already own guns a "cooling off" period is silly.

Explain Illinois then.

>nigger spends all his money on weed and sizzurp in the meantime
>doesn’t have any money to buy gun
>doesn’t kill another nigger
>doesn’t add to the gun homicide statistics
>doesn’t give liberals anything to bitch about

maybe mandatory waiting periods are the best way after all

Do niggers buy their guns legally? Tyrone's buick trunk firearm emporium is more how i picture it.

Nigger if your on a waiting period your paying for the whole gun on your first visit

I live in NY (buffalo area) and while there isn't an official waiting period to buy a hand gun, the bureaucratic nightmare of getting one is long enough, go and take a 4 hour safety class, go get finger printed, mail In your paperwork and non refundable fee for your liscense, wait 6 months for them to process your paper work, and thats just to get your liscense to own one in your own home. Then you need to go buy a hand gun, wait for them to fill out paper work for you to take downtown (if they're open) and then drive back to your gun store after your hand gun card has been updated to show that hand gun on your physical liscense.

If I could trade all that away and just wait 3 days after I make my purchase id do that in a heart beat.

I'm sure some do/try to. Irrespective of this, my example was derived with the most current FBI statistics in mind where gun crime is heavily weighted by niggers.

This only eliminates the "in-the-heat-of-the-monent" shooters, which is kinda a fringe group. People who really want to commit crime will gladly wait some days, or will make purchase in advance. Here you have to wait roughly 8 month, including training and application period, which is kinda overkill.

Live in Jew Jersey. Not like it matters to me.

>"(((restricting))) when who can protect himself isn't an imposition of restriction."
LOL!

>cun control works

Cunt control

Noggs dont care about waiting periods.

picks desired outcome, cherry picks data to fit, folds, spindles & mutilates as necessary, releases "study".

FOAD with this BS.

BE

meanwhile in reality:
>depressed
>want to end it
>goes to buy gun
>sorry there is a 5 day waiting period
>hangs himself the next day
>"gun violence" averted

>fat brass

Oh wow a whopping total of 910 deaths per year!

No they don't.

We really need to start institutionalizing you retards.

niggers arent buying legal guns

I can also cut sentences in half and make it look like

They don't buy their guns at pawn shops you retarded chimp.

>"Looking only to official criminal records, data over the past thirty years consistently show that the mythology of murderers as ordinary citizens does not hold true. Studies have found that approximately 75% of murderers have adult criminal records, and that murderers average a prior adult criminal career of six years, including four major adult felony arrests. These studies also found that when the murder occurred "[a]bout 11% of murder arrestees [were] actually on pre-trial release"--that is, they were awaiting trial for another offense."

>"The fact that only 75% of murderers have adult crime records should not be misunderstood as implying that the remaining 25% of murderers are non-criminals. The reason over half of those 25% of murderers don't have adult records is that they are juveniles. Thus, by definition they cannot have an adult criminal record."

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html

The waiting period in California is idiotic. First you have to wait 10 days to pick up the gun. Then you have to wait 30 days in between handgun purchases (and they're now trying to extend that to any type of gun). If the purpose of waiting periods is to reduce "heat of the moment" deaths then there's no reason for existing gun owners to wait.

I'm not against it, no one should be against it. It's the most sensible way to prevent gun crime without actually restricting guns. The only kind of person that can't wait a week or two just to own a gun is the kind of person that's fucking pissed right now and wants to use it to shoot someone.

It doesn't help against NEETs who are spending months of dedicated time planning out their autistic revenge fantasy but there's nothing that can truly stop that now is there.

How does it prevent gun crime, monkey?

Big boss.

No, they get their gfs / hoes / moms to straw purchase them. No adult male nigger is going to pass a 4473

the Gun Control issue needs to be addressed.
Are there are a lot of violent murders by firearms in America? Yes

Are these firearms purchased legally? No

Who is committing these firearm murders in America?

Whites? no. Whites dying by firearms is statistically by suicide.

Hispanics? yes, small percentage

Blacks? OVERWHELMINGLY so.

Why not just regulate niggers?

I just explained it, nigger. It stops impulse purchases and forces people to calm down and think about their gun for a while before they can actually use it.

>stops impulse purchases
who is dying from "impulse purchase" of firearms?NO FUCKING ONE

Not sure how it works now but when I bought my handgun the waiting period was 9 (business) days so it ended up taking 2 weeks but I could buy a shotgun or certain rifles and leave with it same day.
How does the handgun waiting period argument of a cooling down period even hold up in this case?

>it's just more legislation to see how far the gungrabbers can push

Literally no one is dying because of impulse purchases.

You chimps legitimately belong in rubber rooms.

>literally denying the existence of impulse purchases just to prove his point

Here's your last (You), retard.

Waiting periods are one of the gun grabbers older tactics. They think if they can make purchasing a gun annoying enough, fewer people will buy them.

It's like permits to carry requiring long, expensive classes and fees.

We've been gutting these laws at the state level for decades because they're retarded.

Find one case of someone going out, buying a gun, and immediately committing a murder with it.

Just one.

I mean they're so common. It should be easy, right?

>girl plays fps games
so she streams bronze mercy with her tits out

>GETS BTFO
>starts to cry
>posts r_the_donald meme

at least you tried kiddo.

>Waiting periods are one of the gun grabbers older tactics. They think if they can make purchasing a gun annoying enough, fewer people will buy them.

this, but it's one of the more benign tactics they employ. at least it filters out some of the morons who try to buy a handgun just for shits and giggles. i draw the line there though.

INFRINGED

OP advocates an infringement on my civil liberties.
OP is an anti-civil liberty leftist cunt.
Sage goes in all fields.

Big Nig Trig

Dreads Ta Walk

>dumb bitch dates a nigger or a piece of white trash who might as well be, comes to her senses and dumps him
>"bitch I'll fucking you", he says
>she goes to buy a compact handgun, because he's sending a lot of text messages along those lines
>sorry ma'am there's a five-day waiting period
>day three, Tyrone breaks into her apartment and stabs her 11 times with a kitchen knife
>"gun violence" averted

Here in FL if you have a concealed weapons permit or a carry permit you don't have to wait any amount of time you get it same day

If I already own a gun should I be exempt from further waiting periods then?

Actually, one of the only gun control systems that has ever actually worked is project exile, it doesn't hurt law abiding citizens, but it hurts criminals. Liberals hate it for some reason though.
Here: crimesolutions.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?ID=413

Careful with that line of reasoning, you'll give them more ideas about gun registries.

There's nothing benign about it you worthless cuck.

California here,
Currently waiting for the new handgun I just bought.
It's fucking stupid. It's not like once I already have the hand gun, I'm going to wait ten days to go get it from my safe to shoot someone.

Unlike the gun grabbers paranoid fantasies of impulse killings, this has actually happened.

Nah, in CA the court already ruled additional waiting periods for gun owners is unconstitutional and they have a registry but still have a 10 day wait.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away
proofs?
you don't see any tigers do you?
ffs

good thing black-market gun dealers enforce laws such as this...

i bought my pistol and ~200 rounds and that same day i was at the quarry shooting trash.
im such a fucking criminal

This is incoherent nonsense. The proposed policy by its own admission has zero (0) per cent impact of any kind on illegal handguns, which are the ones used by criminals. People advocating for gun control are not sincere, they are really trying to alter the way the Constitution works, thus they are not bothered by how insipid they sound.

Why do these studies always assume people are first time handgun buyers?

What about people who just want to add to their collection?

I am against any form of gun restrictions.... so yea fuck your big brother bullshit