Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1635

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/PC_Engine_CD_-_Turbo_Duo_-_TurboGrafx_CD_ISOs/Ranma_Ni_Bun_no_Ichi_-_Toraware_no_Hanayome_(NTSC-J)/149900
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

おすっ

Hand hold me RIGHT NOW.

That's disgusting user

How long are the Fureraba character routes? I'm on my first sex scene and not really enjoying anything.

You don't need particles to attach ある to the 連用形 form (楽しく). That's why it's 楽しくない and not 楽しくじゃない.

The optional (は) there is also possible with the casual negative. 楽しくはない and 楽しくはありません are valid and have their own nuances to them. You would never say 楽しくではありません, though.

All moege are shit and almost all of them get even worse once the common route is over. Go read Oretsuba instead

Do I do RTK meanings then learn the readings through vocab or just fuck meanings and learn readings?

Just try Core and if it's too hard to distinguish kanji do RTK or radicals.

I did it guys, I'm finally all cought up again.

>forced yuri shit
Yeah, fuck off to

ちわっす
>以外と
>not 意外と
But yeah I misread the last part regardless

/u/ haters are the most permanently butthurt people on the board

What the fuck

I just covered the difference between 形容詞 and 形容動詞.
I just didn't see one of pages, I have now gone over it and understand.

I like cute girls, I like yuri

I don't like MAI OTP IS GAY spammed everywhere. Yuri threads on Sup Forums are image dumps with little to no content and anime threads with yuri shipping get the same treatment. This isn't a sfw yuri board it's an anime board.

What you see here is the surge in power you get by doing 手うが before every review session.

>see image i remember seeing on /djt/ months ago
>surge of memories from writing shitty japanese and giving wrong advice
>no one ever corrected me
On one hand I'm glad I'm at a level where /djt/ isn't necessary to my studying anymore, on the other hand I feel bad for graduating and letting the cycle continue

>Yuri threads on Sup Forums are image dumps with little to no content
Image dump threads are the only good threads.
Surely you don't actually enjoy arguing about waifus like an autist?

Why would you come to Sup Forums for an image dump when you can just go to danbooru?

The autistic thing to do would be to save images solely to post and never talk about as if posting them meant you were interacting with someone.

fuck dykes op

>giving wrong advice
I always knew I shouldn't trust you guys. Always arguing over what's wrong or not. Hell that N5 level question posted a day or two ago got a bunch of incorrect responses.

Is stackexchange a good place to actually get solid advice on language?

な、なんか変なもの言うな、アノンのエチ!!!

its not 手うが you need to learn japanese but 天佑が

Go to lang 8 or something, anywhere you can consult with a native speaker instead of JSL yotsuba veterans

俺の大学はアニメ部がある
入るのはやだけど気になる
見苦しい女ばかりそう
俺のJAPANESE SKILLSで感動しようか?

I want to try out mimicking a sentence to form my own.

高い買い物を買わせてすみません。
Sorry to make you pay for expensive shopping.

Is this grammatically correct, I based it off sentence I found:
長く待たせてすみません

I am wondering If I said:
高く買わせてすみません。
It would be understood through context? is it strange then to say 高い買い物? would that be over emphasis?

That was yesterday.
I am studying from textbooks and little of imabi/kim tae
I think at the basic level at least DJT is helpful, I can't really speak for intermediate and above grammar etc.

I want to go to study Japanese at university for the benefit of having someone with credentials to teach me or at least access to a network of people who know what they are talking about.

>Is stackexchange a good place to actually get solid advice on language?
Yea there are some native speakers there.

こんな日本語では無理です。

しょうもないけどしょうがない

You could speak incoherent sentences and they wouldn't know the difference, so yeah probably

Try an italki tutor. One-on-one attention, cheaper, don't have to leave the house, and no tedious busywork like with a college class.

ESLの方は永遠だ

Kanji were a mistake.

haha yeah that is a bunch of kanji

crazy!

Yeah fuck kanji i only read long strings of hiragana, imouto where you at i need my reading practice for the day

Both of your sentences are grammatically correct. I would say 高く買わせて is better because 買い物 is more commonly something you する than something you 買う.

I would probably say something like そんなにお金をかけさせてすみません, myself.

I can read kana rather fluently now.
Do I learn grammar now, or do I gather vocab first?

お前は英語が出来無ければ、日本語も出来無いよ。

Both at the same time

A month ago I would have agreed with you but now どうでもE

あぁ、思わないから抜かりした
JSLということだね

Ranma 1/2 is great.
I brought a PC Engine Ranma 1/2 game and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, fully voiced and nice story.

I found an online version if you are interesting:
emuparadise.me/PC_Engine_CD_-_Turbo_Duo_-_TurboGrafx_CD_ISOs/Ranma_Ni_Bun_no_Ichi_-_Toraware_no_Hanayome_(NTSC-J)/149900

You use ootake to play it.

きょうはいもうとがこない
けどあたし、びっちいもうと、がいる
おにいちゃんのちんぽをすわせて

>not 意外と
It's not

why not 男なら全部払うべきだ。お詫びなんて必要ない

so user didn't mean

今日は意外と早かった
Today was unexpectedly quick

まじで ?

Thanks for the help.
Thinking about it, you are right I often see 買い物 with する I don't know why it didn't dawn on me.

No that wouldn't make sense. I'm dumb, 昼寝します

>Hell that N5 level question posted a day or two ago got a bunch of incorrect responses

I never posted an answer, but I thought it was に. An user said that, that was a second language learner mistake. Is the sentence still grammatically correct though?

弟は部屋に掃除をしました

I think it just means something else, hence "second language learner mistake".

"grammatically correct" is not actually the right question to ask when learning a language.

"I flew in new york" is perhaps grammatically correct but is completely wrong when you obviously want to say "I flew to new york"

Yeah that's what I meant. Still grammatically correct, but a different meaning.

choose the grammaticaly correct answor

俺( )日本

I thought it was を since I thought the room was the object of 掃除をしました but I have now learnt it is の, 部屋の掃除をしました。

I'm slowly digesting Japanese grammar, I feel like I am horribly slow at this.

日本人らしくないな、それ

それにしても正解があります

It doesn't matter how bad you are at answering questions like that as long as you can understand what sentences say when they are given to you. That stuff comes with reading

顔が光ってる
顔は光ってる

if you dont understand the impossible to explain difference between は and が how can you know what is being said though

正解でも正解ではないものもあります

There are different levels of understanding

Bought it myself.

みんな拍手

It's not impossible to explain, just complicated, は and が have some clear differences.

In most cases it's a shift in emphasis, like in your example.
With が it's important that it's the face that's shining, but with は the important thing is the shining.

In some other cases it's more obvious. When you identify an unknown person for example.

fuck it maybe ill just do 100 new anki cards today i'm getting impatient

どうもどうも

This is how burnout happens.

This is how not remembering any of them 4 days from now happens.

顔は光ってる is actually a really unusual construction. It only gets 11 search results on Google, whereas 顔が光ってる gets over 50,000.

Not every sentence gives you an opportunity to make a terrible mess of it by misunderstanding the difference.
Making the は・が mistake in your example sentences won't make you get the facts wrong.

The opposite case is also nice, if you bother to reread the sentence and figure it out. You make a factual mistake that gets revealed at some point, and you can return to the sentence to figure out your error.

This picture ruined translated manga for me.

>skip reps for one day
>ONE DAY
>literally can't remember anything today
Kill me.

There's a reason for Anki being a meme you know, and you found it right there.

Man FUCK 上

This kanji is designed to fuck up vocab drills.
>more than half a dozen readings
>used in over 1000 words
>virtually identical readings and writings with completely different meanings
I mean, it's pretty simple to read it correctly in context but when 上がる shows up in Anki it has no context, and I've since learned well over a dozen different meanings just for that verb.

That's why you should bulk through new cards only once a week, it allows for more flexibility.

Just get high and review, everything will be 大丈夫.

How does something like this happen?
Do they just hand a dictionary to a monkey?

彼女なしの時あの感じ

but why

see post above you

see post 上 you

I'm gonna do it and you can't stop me!

I'll do it 10-20 new cards at a time though

I posted that the other day but I think that there is a good English translated version of Nozaki-kun but that was the one I found.

But yeah reading something translated is always dangerous because it's not like they're speaking and you could tell by the Japanese that the subs don't match. I know I was watching Gunbuster and they completely changed the script in the preview section of the episode. Really jarring to listen/read to.

Remember to study everyday kids so that this doesn't happen to you.

They might have known how to read Chinese and guessed on the Japanese grammar. I was watching a playthrough of some vn that this Chinese person translated and some of the things were horribly wrong. Grammar's important too, you know.

Anki has its uses and memorizing all the meanings of 上がる context free is not one of them

上がる just means to move upwards, don't overthink things.

Is "betsu ni" Japanese for "I am worst girl"?

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Do you not "get" translation, or something? Anything fan based is complete pot luck, and for written material, it's even worse because you have to go looking for the raw to compare it to.

Christ, there was a good one a while back that was literally just the dubtitles for Dragonball somehow plastered back into the manga for Dragonball wherever some idiot thought they might potentially fit.

I'm guessing the Nozaki-kun one is more likely to be a complete idiot who can use OCR rather than a chink, translating just the kanji because he couldn't understand grammar. The barrier to create shoddy work is lower than it's ever been.

getting stagefright?

user think about it. Does that really sound like a meaning you need to be worrying about in your first 1000 words

That's true, I didn't even think about OCR. These are probably just kids in high school who want to be involved in the community and are just not studying properly. I feel pity for the people who will always be dependent on translations.

I don't get it

Get what

What's wrong

pic is gross

you're gross

Why does は, が and を not work for this sentence? I know they are wrong but I don't really know enough specifics to really get it.

弟は部屋は掃除をしました。
I assume this is wrong because the room is already the subject?

弟は部屋が掃除をしました。
Same reason as above?

弟は部屋を掃除をしました。
I assume this is because 掃除 is a noun a noun can't be a the object of another noun?