Abenobashi Shopping

I'm so mad at this ending. All that buildup for NOTHING arumi a cute/10

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20031205021525/http://anime-tourist.com/article.php?sid=298
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just watched this, too. Ending was too lazy and quick, but I don't know what I really expected.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything else.

I wish she was holding my penis.

literally every Gainax show except for TTGL have a really lazy and rushed ending, without budget even.

You should avoid His & Her Circumstances.

Pic might help you pretend.

I wish she was holding my hand

The ending didn't bother me, but all those episodes of the male training to be a mage or whatever were boring was fuck.
Also, Imaishi's episode was pure garbage, and the best episode was the Hollywood one.

What about FLCL and Gunbuster?

I actually liked the ending.
I think it was better than going with the painfully obvious and it made a point of not doing that.

FLCL was planned as a full season show and ended up having just 6 episodes, that's why Production IG is making the sequel, I guess they have the original plot that gainax left out.

Gunbuster's last episode was made in black and white to save budget.

Reminder to read the manga for a page of Arumi nip-nips if you haven't already.

But user, ep 3 with the mechas was one of the best ones. Also the Hollywood one had a lot of Imaishi, with his traditional noir/contrasting shadows look.

IG Production is making a sequel because they want to milk it, FLCL ended being sorter than planned but it was properly wrapped.

>Gunbuster's last episode was made in black and white to save budget.
Again, no, it was made on full grayscale in purpose and it did not save any money.

Did Ryo-timo work on this? Some eps have his moe look.

>I'm so mad at this ending. All that buildup for NOTHING arumi a cute/10
The point is that the original argument is kids need to eventually grow up and face reality. However, that wouldn't work because the protagonist IS a kid, and it makes no sense to tell a kid to act like an adult. Further, the only reason the kid didn't succed in making a happy ending was because he wasn't an adult. So his bilogical father manipulated spacetime to bring his future adult self out, who then used his far superior power to genuinely fix everything.

Fundamentally it is unreasonable to ask a kid to stop being a kid.

>Gunbuster's last episode was made in black and white to save budget.
Making it black and white made it cost more, user.

12 had a lot of his animation but he only directed episode 3.

Wel, then I'm glad I dropped it around ep 8 simply because I realized I wasn't enjoying myself very much.

Imaishi + Yoshinari combo is always a pleasure to watch, I'm so glad they're both in the same animation house now.

The original concept was pretty different:

>Originally, it was based somewhere in the deep mountains of Finland, whether or not there are actually mountains in Finland. It is supposed to be out in the boonies of Finland and was set about a thousand years ago. It was about a group of boys who had decided that they wanted to become magicians and they go around studying [magic]. That was what the original story was about. For a TV series, that seemed to be a little bit on the bland side, so we got a script writer who has worked on a lot of flashy animation. Since then, the setting of the story became Osaka in modern Japan, in a place called Abenobashi, which actually exists.

web.archive.org/web/20031205021525/http://anime-tourist.com/article.php?sid=298

No, way before his time.

To be fair Kare Kano was an adaptation of a long running shoujo manga rather than an original like most Gainax shows.

I prefer Yoshinari's stuff myself. His animation always feels more alive and Imaishi doesn't really animate his characters.

I also think Masahiko Otsuka is pretty underrated as a director. Episode 1 felt really good as a SoL and Puchi Puri Yuushi is my favorite Gainax

well, ep1 is what hopefully hooks the audience into watching the entire series; at least it did that with me. Otsuka made a great job with this, so much that many of the later eps lacked the subtlety with characters that ep1 had.

>hey investors let's make an anime in Finland, there's not many of those out there and it could be cool

>hahahhaha put more brown into it and then we'll talk