Just finished evangelion and can't help thinking every other anime I watch from now on will be shit in comparison

Just finished evangelion and can't help thinking every other anime I watch from now on will be shit in comparison

It's good, but far overrated. Check out the movies if you haven't already.

I don't know man.. have you seen the previews for Cowboy Bebop being posted to Usenet?

I watched nge 3 years ago and have yet to find anything as good, so have fun being disappointed with the rest of anime

after end of evangelion, anime never felt the same again.

this work was done out of the heart when Anno Hideki had the sword in front and the wall at his back. In his most vulnerable and catastrophic moment, at the brink of darkness an depression.

Most film makers that produce works during those times always end up producing something amazing.
And here you have it, call it pretentious if you want but he ended up building something that worked and made sense to a lot of people, even if he did not even realise it.

Watanabe worked on Macross Plus, right? I'll give it a go if it releases here. I doubt it will be as good as Eva, though.

Alright you faggots, sell me on this show.

Always sounded like some 2deep4u bullshit. I try not to read about it to save myself from spoilers in case I decide to actually sit through this shit but at this point I'm gonna need to hear a good selling point.

Have you ever watched boku no pico? It's far better then evangelion

It has the best male protagonist in the history of anime

Upbeat music plays during the final rapture/fight

No, No, No... Tsk tsk tsk... user..

You're mistaking that with Serial Experiments Lain.

Sure, Evanjelly has it's cryptic moments, but at least it's action and interesting characters keeps it from being mindless 12deep200u garbage like Lain.

fuck off back to Sup Forums

>best male protagonist
No one can replace my GATSU but, explain why, will you?
The hell is Lain?
And good action is always a plus.

>The hell is Lain?

I pray that you never have to suffer through that anime. Just keep it that way.

it's a cool mecha anime with a moderately hard to follow ending. The animation is pretty high quality for its time so it's a lot of fun just to watch

Evangelion is kind of a tough act to follow, but not to the point of everything else being shit in comparison. I'm not certain that I could say any given show is definitively better than it, but I'm also not certain whether that's because it is actually the best or of it's just because it has a special place in my heart for blowing my mind when I first saw it and being what really got me into anime.

But there are other excellent shows out there. Nothing that does quite the same thing Evangelion does, but plenty of shows that are excellent in their own right.

Can't tell if you're saying that it's fucked up or if it's terrible.
You guys would suck at marketing this thing.
What makes this one stand out. Why out of all the mech animes is this one better.

And don't you fucking dare tell me it's because of waifus.

You really won't find another show with characters as interesting.

Here's a selling point, if you haven't seen it by now you shouldn't even be posting here.
Get out.

Hey, Lain is great if you like computers and mindfuckery. But very much not everyone's cup of tea.

dude just fucking watch it. In the time you have spent shitposting here you could have watched a good portion of the first episode and made up your own damn mind.

I'm here to stay faggot. I don't have to watch and like everything you like, now go fuck yourself.
I would have been called an idiot many times if I only ever tried some shows based on what I saw in the first episode.
Unless its a show that throws a lot in your face very fast. I don't mind slow build ups if it's worth it in the end. I just wanted to know what the hype was. Considering it has such a fanbase, I thought you could easily describe something about it that would get someone hooked. You guys make it sound generic as hell.

First episode shows a lot and will get you hooked

I didn't like it personally, but I do realize this is probably because I hate mechs with a passion, so if you are cool with that it's a lot better than my opinion. It's irrational, but if a mech pops up it immediately sullies my opinion of an anime. It didn't get good until the last five or so episodes plus the movie, and for the rest of it I felt like I was yawning through it constantly wondering when it would get good. In terms of the 2deep4u angle I liked Lain more, and in terms of the "battle shonen" angle I preferred HxH.

That said, probably the best mech anime I've ever seen, which puts it at slightly below average overall.

I miss when the default response to retards saying shit like "Convince me to watch x series" was just "no."

well it is pretty generic since it's the progenitor to a lot of modern anime. nice dubs

It's definitely my favorite now. I'm looking into lain right now. I'll watch as soon as it's downloaded since computer stuff is cool

>What makes this one stand out.
The mech battles are very interesting and varied, requiring more imaginative tactics than typical to win. Animation technique is pretty damn good, cutting edge for its time, though some bits are less animated so as to focus budget on the bits that really benefit from the attention.

The characters, and their interactions with each other, are a lot more interesting than is typical. There's intrigue, characters having arguments and breakdowns and the lot.

>You guys make it sound generic as hell.
It really isn't, as you say the people here are bad at selling people on things. It doesn't help that half the anime made after it draw inspiration from it; it was far from generic when it was new, and still isn't really, but many elements have become common.

First episode shows a lot, but it does take a few episodes for it to really get going.

The basic premise is generic, but it is rendered in an extremely radical and innovative way, as opposed to most anime today which are the reverse of that.

EoE is literally one of the crowning achievements of cinema as a whole, up there with anything by Tarkovsky or Bresson. While I do agree that no other anime comes close, I think that's an unfair comparison.

a large chunk of mecha focuses on either the action itself or just the characters. Evangelion likes to go deeper and gives every character more realistic outcomes that subvert common mecha tropes.