Is anyone else watching Alderamin? I can't fucking stand this faggot. He's an actual literal Mary Sue

Is anyone else watching Alderamin? I can't fucking stand this faggot. He's an actual literal Mary Sue.

>I'm always yawning and not paying attention because I'm so carefree, look at how cool I am
>A dry and sarcastic quip at every turn because I am so fucking witty
>Bullies threw a bug at me? Joke's on them, I'm actually really knowledgeable in bugs, I ate the bug in front of them and they got so embarrassed they had to leave! Boy, I sure showed them!
>I'm so fucking intelligent that when a teacher asks me a question about history I answer it and then refute his interpretation of the events to get applauded by the entire class as he looks at me unable to do anything because he's so BTFO
>Also, I'm Yang Wen-li tier with my strategy despite being 18 years old
>Oh and I fucked this woman's mom and she's mad at me because I'm too baller lmao

FUCKING HELL, WHO WROTE THIS SHIT?

I gave up on the show in the exact episode all of that shit happened

Didn't watch this show, but this MC sound cool.
Thanks OP, going to download it now.

this show not famous at /a.. MAL maybe like this show

I dont like his self-righteousness like a crab mentality. This is the reason i dont like young Male MC leading in the military.

I really liked his design from the LN. Someone posted it in an earlier thread he had bags under his eyes, and looked like a shithead. I don't understand why they went with these awful fucking designs.

People used to call him the military version of 8man. Madhouse went with shoujoshit designs instead.

What Ikta hold in his hand? Anyone have clue?

dropped it at episode 2 because >M-muh justified self defense!

I'm not watching the anime, but I thought he was fine in the manga. If he wasn't "a Mary Sue" people'd just shit on him for being "a beta self-insert" or something.

Ribbon of a girl who dies.

There are actual perfect people like that IRL, you know.
More beautiful, more fearless, smarter than us.
The Gary Sue and Mary Sue thing is just some concept made by whiny authors and critics who can't even thought up a good character and is just jelly that someone got to it first.

>The Gary Sue and Mary Sue
Actually It was made to describe an author's self insert in fan fiction. It's not really supposed to be applied in an original work.

Dropped it right after episode 1 for the same reasons. Oh look at that cool guy! He's so aloof and he doesn't care, but he's so smart he could play chess without even looking at the board! Combine that with his stupid "comedic" faces and perverted attitude and you get one shitty MC. Good to know that he somehow got even worse.

ITT people dropping a good series because they cant self-insert

Sounds like the comedy show of the season.

That would be Ange Vierge

>it: inferior humans triggered by a fictional character having confidence and abilities to back it.

How low is your self confidence that this gets to you guys so bad?

I'm watching this because I know at some point he'll fuck up, even if it's just in a minor way, and everyone will grind his face into it and he'll never live it down. The moment where confidence is destroyed is something I enjoy.

He's not perfect, though. He's just a retard and everyone else is even more retarded.

>Bullies throw a bug at him
>He eats it
>Instead of being laughed at, the bullies run away in fear

These bullies are like 16 to 18 years old too. You ever see a kid that ate bugs in the kindergarten?

There's a difference between confident characters and seemingly perfect characters. If that's something you enjoy, then good for you. I just can't dig it.

I doubt his self-confidence is low at all. This character is insufferably grating from all the dumb shit he does. Even if you don't think his behavior is idiotic, it should be easy to believe another person might.

I don't self insert but I'm still watching.

Please, every MC for Sup Forums is 'self-insert' when they dislike him/her for whatever reason.

Its also a very western thing I noticed. The whole self-insert shenanigans when criticizing animu.

Do the nips not bitch about that constantly? Yet another reason I should learn moon, I guess.

I'm watching it for Yatori.

That was a poisonous bug as I recall and he casually ripped off the head.

Yatori dies

how ?

Looks like the same faggot to me.

>tfw hate the everliving fuck out of the anime artstyle

why god, the manga had it to a T

Am I the only one seeing it for the loli?

I like it so far because each character has a clearly defined weakness that is made up for by their friends
I don't remember their names and I'm too lazy too look them up so here goes
MC General-Pants is smart as hell but lacks any sort of physical prowess
Tits McSnuSnu is beyond physically superior to everyone, yet she can't control her mental state, leading to outbursts of violence
Gungun McCree Is an amazing shot, but he is a clear coward, afraid of doing eal harm and getting in harms way
_________Fat shows immense resolve and pretty well rounded skills, but he is extremely proud and gets beaten out by his peers

Iktas dick was just too big.

The worst scene to me is when they stopped the princess from being kidnapped after the training exercise.
The tone was all over the place.
First he calms Red down by acting care free.
Then he shows heavy hearted respect for the dying commander and tells him that he sympathized with their cause.
Immediately after that guy dies, he starts making fun of a little girl for being covered in blood and is somehow surprised that she got traumatized by watching people being hacked to bits in front of her.

This is the point where the LN author tries to have his pie and eat it too.
The guy can either be snarky and aloof in this situation or genuine and caring. He can't do both in such rapid succession. It makes him look like a schizophrenic and it destroys any sense of mood.

She looks better in the manga.

Will Ikta Solork ever be knocked down a peg or two?

I'm watching, its pretty interesting. But even self-inserting has a limit, you know?

But the MC is horrible. And I don't need the constant narration shoving his dick in my mouth of how cool/badass/witty he is. Then in the ending, as if you could have forgotten, Hime also sucks his dick
>and this was thr first time MC was THIS cool

He's literally the "post characters that are literally you" joke
>intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

Yes. After Yatori dies he's now basically broken and is more or less an honored prisoner of the loli.

You say that but he's the only interesting character in the show, I really like him.

Who would even watch Alderamin if it wasn't for him.

Green guy is a beta.
Hime is annoying.
Fat guy is useless.
Yatori is entertaining sometimes but even she feels like the female version of Ikta but less cocky.

>conveniently forgetting he gets beat up by every other character he meets

He's constantly doung five things at once while everyone just stands their and watches.
What's the point of the other characters asides Yatori if he's covering 80% of the roles.

There are not.

There are limits. A person can only do so much in a certain time span. 18 year old kids are dumb because they don't have experience. That experience can only be acquired by doing things and doing things takes time.

Doesn't matter how much money someone has or how smart they are or how genetically gifted, they can't cheat time.

> (Unless they have time-travel - in which case they can be as perfect as they want to be)

That's like an excuse for him to turn the tables to look good.

>gets beat up in front of girls all the time only for the red girl to save you, thus looking like a weak bitch

>beat me up so I can teach you a lesson about attrition
>beat me up so I can show you how I'm SCIENCE man

nice review, picked up

I am but it's impossible to talk about it on Sup Forums since the threads are always that cancerous.

He's basically Zhuge Liang, even to the point where the author pretends he's writing like Luo Guangzhong.

It's not unique here either. Lelouch always had the right plan, Blank from No Game No Life, Light was never wrong, Narsus is just as bad in Arslan, he's just not the main character, etc. The "strategist" character in anime is always nearly insufferable because they never get beat at what they do. It destroys any sense of tension if you know he's reading the script and can always counter any tactic. If they're going to be outsmarted or defeated at tactics, it is usually a climactic point of the entire show, which may result in their downfall or a mere temporary rethought in strategy before winning again.

If you've never read Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you'll find that every fucking strategist featured in there is exactly like this, until a smarter one comes along. It's annoying, but it is what it is.

What kind of fucking name is Alderamin?

Sounds like some anti-psychotic drug.

>each character has a clearly defined weakness that is made up for by their friends
>I don't remember their name

What are examples of well-written tactician characters in anime?

The worse part is that the smug asshole lives while the nice rational one that is bro tier fucking dies.

Fuck this author, the character is only as smart as he is

Yang Wengli.

>Lelouch always had the right plan
>Light was never wrong

>this would later be known as the first amazing win of the lazy super-genius general

That and the gummy bears made me want to drop it, but it wasn't until I noticed that their ebin super tacticool plan was "hide some logs in the river and run across them to charge a position where everyone has a gun and you guys have crossbows" that I completely lost interest.

Dunno about the other two, but Light and Lelouch gets checked quite often. And I think that's what matters more. Not that they have to suffer any dramatic setback, but there should be other characters forcing them to come up short or alter their plans. It's also what makes Ravages of Time quite a fun read. There are multiple geniuses trying to one up each other.

Neck ribbon of the redhead and it's a foreshadowing that she will die.

Difference is Lelouch has Suzaku who always become obstacle in his plans, and Light has L who pushed Light to keep outsmart him.

>yet everyone still sucks his dick
>and he even looks cooler after

But hey, he got beat up.

That's the problem here, though. There are no other geniuses checking some of these characters. Lelouch gets checked and Light ends up people on his level but other strategists just waltz through the world tearing things up without a worthy foe.

This is what creates he feeling of Mary Suedom. It isn't that the MC is unbeatable, it is that the writer doesn't create a rival who can do it.

>yet everyone still sucks his dick

Since when is the princess "everyone"?

>Yang Wen-li
get the fuck out with your chink memes

I would argue that the show is well written but Yang Wengli isn't.

Although Yang was certainly more tolerable then Aldermin's MC, he was still a pretty big Gary Stu. I liked him tho, he had pretty good lines.

Seems like everyone forgetting about LoTGH in this thread though

Early on, though, they were both nigh unbeatable. It was only when competent opponents showed up that things got interesting. Before that, they were far more boring characters from a pure conflict point of view.

>better

How? Manga version doesn't have DSL

It's the arabic name for a star so you aren't far off.

Suzaku messed up his plans just from being around. Course Lelouche was his first time penetrating someone with his throbbing red sword.

>it's a what would Yang Wengli do episode

Yeah but they always had to keep it down, lie or decieve, so they dont get constantly shoved down your throat how badass and smart they are, so at most, only the reader knew who they really were.

Lelouch lied and decieved, heck he even used a persona, plus he had Suzaku. Also his dad.

Light had L and had lay low, so no one knew it was him.

Kuuhaku are literally looked down by every character they come through and usually have no help but on their own Sue-ism.

Narsus is a wierd case, but he isn't the MC and battles in Arslan are usually big scale, so every fighter gets a spotlight anyway.

Torway would suck his dick if he were gay. His whole squad, too, and the science girl he just met.

I don't know man, L and Misora Naomi were keeping Light on edge early on.

I have seen nothing which implies they would

Only the princess keeps making horny faces at him and the narration at the end of the episodes

If Light never bothered to try hunting down L, he would have never been caught

They were chanting how legendary he is by the end of his speech after the mock battle.

I assume he is a genius compared to a backwaters nation that blindly follows a tyrant.

It's just that to a normal human like us he's also an idiot.

>Early on
Suzaku kept fucking up Lelouch's plans throughout the season another thing is that Lelouch would fuck himself up on top of that in fact by R2 you have to wonder why he's considered a genius?

In Death Note Light was pretty much on equal footing with L, Mello and Near and it ironically took a big fuck up from one of his own followers that caused his downfall.

He's smarter than most people but pride tends to get in Lelouche way. Look at how easily Sneazel had the dumb Black Knights eating out of the palm of his hands twice.

Also Suzaku is literally superhuman. He's lucky that Knightmares made it possible for a normal human like Kallen to rival him.

>generic-ass artstyle vs something not seen since like 2007
I'll take my anime art and enjoy it, thank you very much.

Some plan by her father or some such that orders her to kill MC. She couldn't do it so the kings men killed her.

No since I'm not a big fan of the LN.

As a senki series I still prefer Madan's battles/tactics/Worldbuilding despite its shortcomings, Vol 4 especially.

I agree that everything going Ikta's way is annoying and what's worse is that it isn't that what Ikta does is particularly clever but it's just that everyone else are just incompetent, ignorant or plain bad people. This is bad writing

The show still has potential and would greatly improve if they added a competent antagonist that could challenge Ikta or had Ikta start failing and doubting himself.

I like the green-haired fuccboi because snipers are tacticool and he seems like a more realistic character with flaws and doubts.

There's nothing wrong with being a genius.

What is wrong is the narrative forcing it to everyone.

What I like about Wenli is that ability-wise and character-wise, he isn't a clearcut winner. His tactical victories often come with strategic losses or compromise. His ideals are put to doubt by the FPA and the Empire, even though the author obviously leans his way. Heck, even his inability to use a gun proved to be costly. It doesn't always go his way.

>good series
>self insert

In Sup Forums? i'm afraid none of any character is well-written.

>Heck, even his inability to use a gun proved to be costly.
Imagine Ikta dying because of beatings. Poetic.

>it is that the writer doesn't create a rival who can do it.
Oh so you want rival, soon user, he's coming.

>but it's just that everyone else are just incompetent, ignorant or plain bad people. This is bad writing
Is that really hard to believe an Allahu Akbar empire act like that?

If only Bada Sankrei were still alive.

>It's not unique here either. Lelouch always had the right plan, Blank from No Game No Life, Light was never wrong, Narsus is just as bad in Arslan
Blank are in comedy so it's fine and other two die in the end.

*three

Not really, which is why I'm questioning why people are surprised that they are dumb incompetents.

An endorsement from Lelouch?

Well, I was going to give the MC the benefit of the doubt, but this basically proves beyond a doubt that he's a piece of crap.

>...and that's why you shouldn't eat shit, it is unscientific.
>THIS IS BLASPHEMY I'LL HAVE YOU HANGED FOR THIS!
>Wow Ikta you are a genius, you truly are the Alderamin in the Sky.

The problem with these supposed tactical genuises in fiction these days is that they rely mostly on their enemies following a very predictable pattern.
Arslan Senki is a horrible offender in that regard, because all the enemy armies ever seem to do is rush directly into Narsus' traps.
I'll give the guy from Alderamin a little credit for actually mentioning that he had contingency plans if his main ruse hadn't worked.
But then again, so far they always have.

Genuinely one of the better written tactical geniuses in fiction is probably Thrawn, because he's not infallible and even when his plans don't work out, he's able to salvage the situation or manages to cause enough damage to still chalk it up as a win. He wasn't some kind of seer, able to 100% accurately predict the actions of every moving piece on the board. Plus his enemies actually wised up to many of his faints and were able to avoid traps before they were sprung.
In the end he's defeated because he can't keep track of every situation or scenario simultaneously and made a critical error.

I had a feeling from that show's description that the MC would be too high on the "foppery and whim" scale to be tolerable.

Makes you think why an Empire so full of retards wasnt rolled over yet then

I still can't stop laughing.