Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1636

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bunpou.neocities.org/基本basic.html#
bunpou.neocities.org/
bunpou.neocities.org/基本basic.html#㊦ 間・あいだ(に)
genki.japantimes.co.jp/site/self/site/js/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

japanese is god
kansaiben is the devil
なんでやねん

オッス

>protagonist's one character trait is that he likes food
>annoying overly cheerful character (生徒会長)
>annoying overly cheerful sidekick

I mean you can do this with anything
>Daitoshokan
>protagonists one character trait is that he likes reading
>overly annoying cheerful blonde character
>overly annoying unpopular-with-girls sidekick

What's important is whether or not the VN is good, and Daitoshokan, and Flyable Heart, are both very good VNs.

Posting an update once more before getting stuck into working on converting the notes.
The Basic, Intermediate and Advanced pages now have their interactive table of contents. Unless there are any major oversights or minor improvements that could be done, I'll probably be spending the next few months working on the notes and not really poking into these threads. Here is an example of a concept entry that already has the concept note image converted, for an example of eventually how ever entry will appear: bunpou.neocities.org/基本basic.html# 間・あいだ(に)

The site has a feedback and comments link at the bottom, on the front page. If you have any comments, ideas, spot and typos, etc. please don't hesitate to use the form. While I probably won't be checking these threads, it's a google form so I'll get an email when someone posts something.

bunpou.neocities.org/

bunpou.neocities.org/基本basic.html#㊦ 間・あいだ(に)

anyone wanna just sperg out and argue with me

英語でも日本語でも構わないぞ

when I die, I want to be buried with my anki stats

俺の日本語を改正するくれるなら会話あげるよ、孤立君

ちわー

日本かぶれクズ出て行け

xth for you cant learn Japanese

でも私できるですかだようね?

出来れば出来るほど出来るようになる

sorry for the really noob question, but i'm just wondering - what's the best method of learning kanji right now? through anki, or through a textbook like heisig's one (and if it's through a textbook, which are the best textbooks? i can't get kodansha's one though :( )

thanks!!

Wanikani

let the kanji flow through you

Do you want to just be able to read it or actually write it?

Thank you very much. I just got out of Japanese 1A in college and really confuse what to do next - til i see this thread T_T!ありがとうございます。

何の意味もないだろ
相手のセリフを書いてるなら

ただの悪口大会とか別に興味ないし

+1

just google kanji alphabet and learn them from the pictures theres only a few of them

and then into the toilet

>tfw 2 (You)
アリガトウ、ファンパイ

>just google kanji alphabet and learn them from the pictures theres only a few of them

what the buck up everybody I learn and remember the romaji instead of writing the damn shits

shhhhhh

>trying to memorize all romaji
Not even native Japanese know them all

romanji isnt really a great way to go itll just make your life harder especially on spelling tests where you have to spell 続き and 外れ correctly or go to summer school

it's no harm just remember if you're paying for romaji lessons you're probably getting ripped off...

but I'm having fun typing romaji

its ok as long as fun is involved right?

>its ok as long as fun is involved right?
どうでもE

What is so hard about that, romanji differentiates づ and ず with du and zu respectively, also じ and ぢ are ji and di respectively as well.

>its ok as long as fun is involved right?
this thread is long mired with regrets and self-flagellation from personal misunderstandings, its hardly the place for fun
if you are having fun, its because you already know japanese and are here for gratification in teaching

tfw in japan and still struggling

tfw not in japan

Where in Japan?

わたしわかくです

いや意味があるぞ、俺に
改正以外に他のヌルポ書いたらもいいよ

please write watashi in kanji pls or use "ore" I beg you user

ワタクシ

Tfw not in japan and not struggling

>tfw
isn't it suppose to be は instead of わ

余は貴様の言うことを聞かん

a manga cafe in tokyo.

struggling is relative tho, my speaking has improved but my listening, vocab, and (kanji) reading are gwtting nowhere without active study

和多氏

Just find some desperate gaijin hunter to carry you around and baby you.

nice and checked
one of us is gonna make it lads

in djt where posting is laid back and not a big deal so that you can do it at your leisure fun is ichiban (that means number one in nihango)

as the first guy to be sentenced to summer school you have the right to the 主人公の席 if you want it

今ここで新しいミームを作りまっしょい

ヌルポスティング

空閨

tfw gay

how?

just be white and go to shibuya

>tfw not white

>あ!ご飯の準備してこないとなので、切りますね

k ill go now and report results

both? i feel like i remember better after i write things out, anyway so..
the srs anki method hasnt been working out for me, unless i should be doing more then just looking at the words and trying to remember what it looks like and what they mean. i've opted to write it out instead (e.g. when i can't seem to get the word correctly, i write it out a couple of times and it becomes easier to remember) because i feel like i have better retention that way.

If you want to do both, grind through the flash card, but also learn the stroke order and write it a hundred times each following that stroke order everytime.

Muscle memory is how people remember to write kanji.

空行ウザイ

顔ウザイ

>顔ウザイ
Hahaha

おぉそれは気に入る、とっても高等なミーム気がする
俺もこれを使うとしよう

Haha I saw that one too, he really got him there damn, I like the part where he goes ウザイ

?

It has been months since I last opened Anki, I have lost the habit.
It took a while to get into the habit and now I'm out of it I fucked up.

I might have to reset everything and start from the beginning.

thanks! also, what's the best settings for the anki flashcards? or the most optimal setting that most people use? because i've just been using a variation between Eng(front) -> Jap(back[with Kanji, kana]) and Jap(front[with Kana,Kanji]) -> Eng

not sure if that's the best method of doing it though so if you (or anyone, really) could give me pointers that'd be great.

thanks!!

there's no shame in starting from zero, if you have the motivation, you'll pick things back up quickly :)

Ruthless

遠慮せず存分に使ってやれ

just skip anki and go to japan youre probably ready to just get laid 24.7 by thirsty ladies who wanna worship some import dick

>I might have to reset everything and start from the beginning.
Don't do this, it's a massive way of time.
Take a week to power through the reps. Do a batch of 100 every hour.

I recently did the same with 3000+ pent up reviews. It's easier than you might think.

ざわ..ざわ..

And here's my review count. 7 days is all you need.
As you can see I took it a bit slower in the beginning to get back into it.

I feel like I'm having a lot of trouble with having grammar I learn actual remain in my head after I'm done studying. How do I fix this?

Read more.

I haven't come in /djt/ for a while, nice to see some people have been working to help everyone, thanks for your help user. 頑張ってくださいね。

/thread

Do you guys think I can learn katakana and hiragana in one week? This certain japanese company accepted my resume and I'll have my beginner test in a week. They gave me materials though.

Trying to translate a sentence and I'm not sure how these 2 words go to together:
別に嬉しくないし
Is it just something like "I'm not particularly happy?" or is there more to it?

"read more"

OR am I reading the definition wrong and it's more like "I'm not really unhappy"?

Keep practising it, I am constantly going doing a the quizzes on genki.japantimes.co.jp/site/self/site/js/
I'm only just starting to get to grips with grammar.

If you're mentally disabled, yes. If you're a normal person you can do it in 3 days.

3.5・10

Yes it's easy, look at a mnemonics chart and drill it in, you can get rusty Kana in a day and never forget it after a few days practice.

Oh so it's easy as fuck then, i'll try my best. This japanese company seems to pay well

>mnemonics chart for kana
Just drill it in please.

Faster and easier with mnemonics which you'll naturally forget about once it's in your head.

Instead of just memorizing a rule, try to look at lots of example sentences and find out why it works this way.

DOJG usually has lots of examples.

>tfw still haven't forgotten the one mnemonic I used for す 11 years ago

>11 years ago
ちょっと待って

>11 years ago
wew lad, are you a grandmaster in japanese now?

still sub N5 who believes he's N4

american public schools don't go very fast

I didn't study much in college either so add a 3.5 year break

i think if you were gonna say nothing else ちょっと待った woulda been more dramatic and funny

I expect nothing more from /djt/ really.

well i dont know what was supposed to happen exactly but nothing did

Did you go for Comiket, or is this the end of your Obon vacation?

My speaking is shit but everything else is fine, so exact opposite.

Yeah you're dragging the average down pretty hard

Go sit in a coffee shop with some compelling content and ask random Japanese girl what this word means you don't understand while pointing at ロリコン

sick burn, senpai

ive been travelling for 3 months in other countries, and this is te start of three months in japan with the goal of language immersion. but im beginning to realise im gonna have to study real hard to make the kind of progress i want regardless.
comiket was awesome though.