What do you think of Bokurano?

What do you think of Bokurano?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poor's man Madoka

Sounds petty but I didn't care to watch it after I read the director didn't like the manga. Not that I read manga but it kinda seemed stupid to me.

Bretty good.

The manga is worth a read. Anime is shit anyway. Kind of shitty CGI that doesn't really do the designs justice.

I read the manga, everyone seems to die far too quickly to actually start giving a shit about them. The only exception to that probably being Dung Beetle surprisingly enough.

I caught on pretty quick and it was pretty dull to me. Don't think I finished it.

I remember when it was airing.

10/10

UNINSTALL UNINSTALL

>giving an opinion when you haven't watched/read it at all

I love that OP

youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0

OOOOOAAAAAHH UUUUNNIIIIINSTAAAAALL

>everyone seems to die far too quickly to actually start giving a shit about them.
For some, yeah. Others I feel that "died too young" and that their arcs gave just enough impact.

Don't watch it. It's an anime called boku.

A better deconstruction of the Mech Genre than Evangelion.

Dull and hilariously manipulative.
>sudden sobstory episode for a character that has been a total literally who until now
>gee, I wonder what is going to happen

But that's every shonen in which people die.

The manga was terrible, but I understand the director of the show didn't like it either so it still has potential.

Too bad Bokurano is supposed to be seinen.

Cool opening but shit everything else

Mediocre show with GOAT OP.

Manga was pretty good. Haven't seen the anime

I enjoyed both the manga and anime. A nihilistic work, i thought by the end in just enjoy the ride while it last, it's almost like the whole series just don't have purpose.

>those alternate plane and car designs absolutely everywhere
Stealth industrial design manga. Kitoh really shines with hardware; I'm really hyped for Futago no Teikoku.

anime is kindda milder than manga

That's a really interesting design

It's becoming easier and easier to spot newfags

>hurr durr
>Wasn't as good as SAO, wasn't as good as Madoka...AoT, etc.
> It looks old

You guys know

Ooh, here's a nice one.

I'm going to try to make a collage. If the thread dies I'll just post it in the next Futago no Teikoku thread. We have those, right?

Is that... being stabilized by the vent at the back? Are those ailerons?

Silly user, the director was just being tsundere

>y-you're just new!
Only one guy posted the Madoka bait, family. Not everyone is obligated to like your favorite animu.

The anime was still good, right? I liked how heartwarming it was in the very end of each character despite being violent as hell. Dunno if that's specific to the director's modifications or if that was already in the manga.

Hey, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

This is the same guy as Narutaru, right? This guy has such a hard on for despair and suffering.

Despair and suffering and Su-27s.

I love how intimidating Zearth looks despite (or maybe because of) how little screentime it actually gets in the OP

It's got to be the best stock-footage OP out there.

Bokurano was just as shitty, derivative and vapid when it aired (and as a manga) as it is today.

The pretensions that many who watch it hold, that it's meaningful or in any positive way comparable to Evangelion, are only more reason to dislike what is already very bad.

I dropped it about halfway through if I remember. Showing multiple arcs for every character who was going to die next was fucking retarded and played in muh drama. I didn't like the premise to begin with after I watched the first ep but I continued on. But I soon gave up when I realized that I could never get attached to a bunch of teens whose entire depressing backstories are told within 1-2 eps a piece. Tt wasn't engaging, it wasn't fun, it was just a bunch of kids who got suckered into one of the most depressing mechas I've ever seen.

Read Shadow Star!
It's like pokemon, but for real

Whoops, doubled up on the Zearth universe Type 96 fighter. Trying again.

I wish I could see this guy's notes.

>watch
>watch
>watch
It's like none of you even did your research.

Apparently he's got an artbook but I can't find it anywhere.

It was good. There was a little too much military stuff towards the end, but I guess they didn't have much choice when they had to make 26 episodes and all the main characters were dead.
I don't know about the manga, but even if the anime isn't accurate, it's still a good anime.

Ah, I started working on a Zearth-uniform a few months ago, but got stuck on a difficult part, so still can't wear it and has much left to do

Anime diverges hardcore pretty early on, around the halfway point if not before. The characters are much better developed in the manga, the plot is less formulaic, the military characters get extremely sympathetic and the fights get really really good.

Whoa, whoa. tgshits still exist? Didn't know that!

Fuck off tg is shit

>You have to read garbage to know for sure it is trash

A discerning eye can tell what is shit and what isn't due to a number of factors. Your picture for example is shit.

Jesus. Are you 14 years old or something?

OOOOOOHHHYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

gobble on a dick

New generation of kids. You don't even need own opinion. Just create thread and compare your clocks to form ebin opinion

Did you check Amazon jp?

>New generation of kids.

Do you seriously need to read/watch trash to call something trash?

I mean I couldn't find it scanned anywhere. It might be available for money but that's just not anywhere on my financial horizon.

Yes, unless you're dyslexic native speaker who can express opinion only using simple sentences filled with "shitty shit" or "trashy trash". Don't skip literature classes

But there are some things that are quite obviously garbage that you can skip. You only need to watch trash if you want to win arguments on the internet.

I watched the Bokurano anime and aside from the premise and Maki and a couple of the robot designs I would have forgotten it by now. I wouldn't call it trash but I can understand why someone would, especially when a giant robot anime turns into a half-baked yakuza anime with four episodes left on the clock.

I also read the Bokurano manga, which was much better, left a lasting impression on me, and remains one of my favorites. I can't really understand why someone would call it trash, and would defend it against those accusations where I would not defend the anime.

Bokurano manga is not trash for sure.

All I know about Bokurano when I scouted it is all the people who pilot it use their life to power it and so you have a disposal cast of nobodies that I couldn't care less about because they're all going to die anyway.

It's not about whether they die, it's about how they die. Some use the robot to get revenge, some really like piloting it, one kid doesn't want to fight and just sits there. And it gets more complicated when the military takes over. It tries to develop its characters long before their deaths, and while there are too many to develop properly, quite a few of them have deep story arcs.

And user, we care about people even though all of us are going to die anyway.

Always seemed to me that it's for people who can't say they like Evangelion but still want a mecha 'deconstruction.'

Despite it not being faithful adaptation i liked it.
Manga is better though.

Are you really from Sup Forums? Only newfags don't know about Kitoh. Suspicious

I'm glad you enjoyed it but to me it sounds like trash and Narutaru left a poor taste in my mouth.

I use Sup Forums to filter the trash so I can find the gold nuggets easier.

It was good, but It left some things without explanation.

Narutaru made me wish I had it in physical form so I could throw it across the room. Bokurano didn't have that effect. Kitoh let a lot more of his characters show their inner light than he had to, only two or three of the kids were actually nasty. Some of them were downright heroic.

But I can totally understand being turned off of Kitoh for good from Narutaru. I'm still angry about that one.

Liked the piano and ending arcs. Really left an impression. The idea that even kids can sometimes display bravery, hope, and responsibility under the inevitability of death makes it a compelling read.

those are Su-30
and the mangaka have a bike fetish

Maybe I'll give Bokurano another look if I'm not going to get fucking Narutaru again.

One of the people you quoted made the "madoka" argument, and that's it. The other two didn't make any of the three arguments you listed, which shouldn't be surprising considering that one of them was
>hurr durr

Are you drunk user?

There is nothing deconstructiony about Bokurano. Just because people die doesn't make it a deconstruction.

An enjoyable read, although narutaru is a lot more entertaining.

I think that's just memelords pretending to hate Eva because it's too popular. Bokurano has very little in common with it. It's still pretty good though.

Underrated

This. Read the manga. The anime is hot garbage.

It's not that expensive. I own a copy and it's worth getting if you like Bokurano but most of the illustrations are just covers for the manga and anime dvds along with some sketches and illustrations from the alternative light novel.

Gj user
Now make more

I enjoyed it. That being said it's too front heavy on the suffering and I burned out towards the end. The later events didn't have the impact they would have if they had happened earlier in the series even if the scale was larger.

On a related note Narutaru can fuck right off and Kitoh should just write the fighter jet and PTSD story we all know he wants to.

It's still my favorite manga ever to this day, but god the anime was dumb.

>Evangelion
If you're going to try to make this criticism then you might as well just hold up a sign saying your opinion is worthless. Seriously, it's completely different from NGE, go bother the RahXephonfags or something if you really want to make that complaint.

I thought it did a really good job of keeping the impact up, actually. It changed things around - you had Jun's family plot (which involved major non-pilot characters dying), Machi dying before her turn comes, etc. that all worked later on because they were slightly out of line with the formula that had been set up, and carried more weight that way.

Narutaru just felt like Kitoh had a nervous breakdown after the first quarter and didn't even care for the plot. I mean the shit that happens with Norio or the ending were just out of nowhere - it didn't even fit in with the rest of the arc. And that disgusting shit with her best friend and the worms and so on was just some kind of filler arc. After all, it was kind of interesting but not in a very enjoyable way.

You sure as fuck need more information than "I heard the characters die, and that sounds like it'd be boring" to call something trash, you retard. This is why I hate your kind of crossboarder, they're extremely dismissive and only bother actually watching a tiny slice of anime/manga and never expand their boundaries or actually get a good feel for the medium themselves.

Why old anime have the best OPs?
I mean, there are exceptions right now, but just listen to all the late 90's/early 00's songs.

They are timeless.

The yakuza bit -- I dropped it at the "what I got" point -- there's adaptation decay, and then there's rotting completely away.

I wanted to fuck the single mom girl.

How would you rate the anime compared to the manga?
I absolutely loved the manga and I'm wondering if it would be worth watching the anime.

>kitoh's bike manga anime adaption when

The OP is excellent. Play it on loop while rereading the manga. That is all.

That bad huh

Boring. They didn't mix anything up, or fuck with the plot to keep it interesting. "Win 16 matches, your planet survives". They won 16 matches, and their planet survived. No they didn't overthrow the evil aliens controlling everything, they just did what they were told. That was it.

The first few episodes are acceptable, but by this point, things have started to drift noticeably.

The director is on record as hating the material he'd been given to work with -- and it shows. Not helped by the manga still being on-going at the time, and so it was inevitably going to have a GONZO original ending, no matter how faithful the first 3/4.

I did like how the story progressed and it didn't leave me bored or wishing it would end, just kinda emotionally exhausted. I read the whole thing over the span of two or three days so maybe it was partially due to the fact I binged on it but I definitely could have used a little catharsis in the second half to break up the bleakness and re-prime for more suffering.

Yeah the whole thing was just a mess, the plot falls apart almost immediately, the characters aren't particularly interesting, and the ending is an asspull that makes everything feel completely pointless. The most interesting arc for me was when they find the pilot living on Baba Yaga's hut in space which is a filler chapter to flesh out a side character.

>we're going to die anyway, so let's fug
>dies like 4 panels later

Feels bad.

Kitoh gained this reputation for bad things happening to children.

Narutaru is just pure fucked up edgy; Bokurano at least attempts to do more than that.