Are Shinji and Kaworu one of the only instances of requited male homosexuality in anime...

Are Shinji and Kaworu one of the only instances of requited male homosexuality in anime? The only other example I can think of offhand is those guys from CCS.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/TigerAndBunny
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no.

Outside of BL, obviously. BL is cheating.

google

Fuck off.

These two, I guess. Got the wedding rings like Kaworu in Shinji and pretty much the whole staff agrees they're in love with each other and going to spend the rest of their lives together.

I never knew that about the staff agreeing.

Shinji loved him like a brother, only Kaworu was a fag.
Fuck off, /y/.

>Thread starts with a question to introduce discussion

How is it any different than just going 'lets talk about gays in anime'.

I think brothers only love each other that way in doujins user

He felt like he was the brother he never had.

Do you want your brother's Lance of Longitude in your central dogma?

But he never wanted anything sexual himself.

These two guys, probably.

no.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/TigerAndBunny
Shit source, but it's a decent summary of the staff comments. It's kind of incomplete and doesn't mention the novels and everything related, though.

Itsuki was definitely in love with him and by Word Of God him and Sensui were actually a couple. Not a very healthy relationship, though.

Pretty sure canonically they're just "too pure" or whatever.

CLAMP has many examples, I think, then again for CLAMP love is just love.

>男から見ると明らかにおかしい。あれは恋人どうしです(笑)。友情じゃない。
>From a male perspective, their relationship is clearly peculiar. They are lovers (laugh). This is no friendship.
And then the series was called 夫婦漫才, "a husband and wife comedy act".

You don't blush at your brother faggot, Anno said Shinji was romantically in love with Kaworu.

I've always seen Kikuhiko as having a slight one-sided crush on Sukeroku, or at least more or an interest in men than in women.
Though that's probably down to the author being mainly a BL mangaka.

Why does Akira Ishida always voice the fags?

>requited
Might as well post Franz and Albert too just to twist the knife, user

It wasn't about homosexuality so much as Shinji feeling truly loved (i.e. accepted and appreciated) for the first time in his life.

Not to say that there weren't homoerotic vibes (there were); I just think you'd be missing the more important point by focusing on that aspect of it. Shinji's struggle was ultimately about not being able to develop healthy relationships with people, including with himself, and a lot of that was because he didn't know what it felt like to be loved from the start. Kaworu was there to stand as the apotheosis of love, the thing Shinji most craved and lacked in his life. That he was a male was VERY important in my opinion because it served to underscore that the connection was more on an emotional level and was not as heavily adulterated by sexual urges like all his interactions with the women in his life.

tl;dr It wasn't homolust; it was pure love.

That was unrequited.

Samurai Flamenco.

The only reason Anno made Kaworu a boy was because he wanted to try writing BL. Just look at the drafts, he intentionally made it a homo love story.

Maybe, but authorial intent is not the be all and end all authority on the meaning of a narrative.

>Kurata.jpg
Only in headcanon.

Those two.

Boku no Pico?

Any CLAMP work is bound to have heavily implied gays, be it male or female.

Whatever you say, Barthes.

>Implying you aren't making a recommendation thread

thank you for giving me the opportunity to post this
I love when people do that

I think this is the only other example outside of BL (and even then whether or not it's BL is up for debate).

It's BL disguised as dystopian sci-fi. Using a normal art style is just a spook to throw us off

No.

They just don't know yet

wasn't this nohomo-ized by someone from the staff later?

I'd say Kiku being gay is a valid interpretation of his character. There's a lot of emphasis on how he doesn't really connect with women despite being handsome, talented, and famous. Sukeroku was straight as can be though.

>A boy falls in love a boy (no homo).

I don't think Sensui loved him back.

Actually... Neither is gay technically... Itsuki loved his FEMALE personality...

No, they are pretty much the closest to an endgame ship in their game. The 'too pure' comment was about Sorey to females.

Untrue. Togashi himself said him and Shinobu were a couple. I think they probably became a couple around the time they first met. Itsuki said he loves Shinobu most.

That was before he even had the multiple personalities - he was in love with the original

an anime where neither of the boys are actually just girls with no titas

Shinji and Kaworu aren't gay though.

Nice bait

doujins and fan art aren't canon.

Kaworu is basically god and loves Shinji in a benevolent way.

Shinji is so starved for love of any kind he ends up being awkward around someone who truly loves him as he is.

These guys. From /u/ to /y/ by way of /d/, though.

Trap-kun was OK, man
He even had a waifu and everything

Anno disagreed, sorry senpai.

Its not gay if its yourself

>nen has the proprieties of rubber and gum
>has a crush on a girl with bubble gum pink hair
Pottery.

No, because Kaworu isnt even a human and he is not sexually attracted to him. He is just that way because is interested in shinji the same way you would pamper your own dog. Considering he sees humans as an inferior kind of life form. After all wherent they spawned from his and Lilith's tang?

Everytime I hear Ishida, I know it will be a fag and I love it.

That or will be some kind of crazy guy.

Tertiary characters are too minor to really count.

>itsuki says he loves Shinobu most
Ah, that's right.