'user, I'm happy now.'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gt7tW6nsOZM
youtube.com/watch?v=6is0qMN0FiA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Context?

Crowd congratulates Anno on godzilla

CONGRATULATIONS

Good, now he can fuck off to Eva and finish it already.

Did Ikuhara finally give him the D?

Why is he so smug? I thought japanese were supposed to be modest.

Japanese are also supposed to be skinny, but that doesn't stop him.

The guy with the beret is the author of Aoi honoo.
Annnooooooooo

He rehashed someone elses idea and put his name on it

Kind of impossible to be original anymore. Everything has been done by somebody else previously.

Does animation even interest him anymore?
Because heck yeah I'd watch an anime film from him that is not fucking Eva but I get the feeling he's just going to end rebuild and then rest on his laurels.

Why does he look like a hobo?

Not surprising, considering how Shin Godzilla was a massive success and everyone loved it. Also, people say it was very Eva-like what with all the politicians and government/military exchanges.

The new Godzila is shit. Even 2014 Godzilla is better
Anno is hack and nothing more, he should stick to his shity anime and leave movies to real directors

based

Interesting choice of image.

Just as you'd expect from the master

Everyone seems so spontaneously and genuinely happy to be there

Holy shit they love him.

I've never seen japanese people look so happy. How did Anno do it?

How are Anno's other live action movies?

You're allowed to be smug when you're the master.

Holy guacamole, they even have rave lights.

How about finding out yourself ?

I'm gonna cum in your ass ya little twink!

Japs love their glowing sticks.

No you won't. Now learn to think by yourself faggot.

They sure do.
youtube.com/watch?v=gt7tW6nsOZM

Oh yeah, that's Shimamoto.

His charisma. He can make you depressed or genuinely happy. He could be a cult leader if he used some religious elements of NGE.

Is Anno autistic?

He's got taste in comfy footwear.

Why is everybody wrrryyy'ing in the picture?

sounds right

>Be Japanese
>Go to the movie theater
>Enjoy a movie with Anno

>Be American
>Go to the movie theater
>Get shot

Love and Pop is good. Don't know about the rest.

Me, bottom left.

Godzilla pose.

If Anno came on Sup Forums, would he be Annon?

Me in the bottom right.

It's what shin-goji's tiny malformed hands do in the new movie.

And Anno is Ultraman.

weird coincidence; Ken Yasuda is in one of the movies that got previewed before Shin Godzilla.

>the glare on his glasses
masterful

Imagine being him though.
You go from making Ultraman fan-film that is way better than it has the right to be to directing a Godzilla film that everyone loves.
Just ignore the horrible depressive episodes he had inbetween then and now.

I'm honestly happy for him.

Is that Anthony Fantano next to him?

Always bother me how anything live action related to anime ends up having the actors overacting like they're a cartoon character

user, that's exactly how it went down.

Aoi Honoo is a bit overblown on purpose.

I understand and I agree, but to be honest, it's also something you should expect. And in Aoi Honno's case, even more.

Are cults common in Japan? It seems like I hear more in the news about Japanese cults than cults anywhere else.

That's exactly the reason Aoi Honoo is hilarious.

In Japan: Organized religion = cult.
Watch Mawaru Penguindrum and read up on Tokyo sarin gas attack, that's basically what shapes the modern view of cults in Japan.

There are a few but none have any real power or following. Most burn out a couple of years after their inception.

And serve as, apparently, an inspiration on Shin Gojira.

It's not just the stuff that's related to anime and manga, it's literally every tokusatsu ever made and most other live action shows aimed at young audiences.

Which is fine, I'd say.
Western young-adult television as contrast is too fixed on trying to look understated and subdued

>those people in camo
kek

As expected of the master.

>You've done it, Anno
>After all these years, after all those times Miyazaki had to talk you down from that ledge, you made a Godzilla film.
>Now, lets shit out one last Eva movie so I can be free from that mess.

Think about it.
If you live in Japan there's a chance you will run into Anno in a store while he's buying eggs and milk.

This bothers you, why?

That's great, they got the real Gozilla back. It would have been a tragedy if people had stayed with the image of that Jurassic Park recycle product America transformed it into.

I bet Miyazaki found something negative to say about the film anyway, he never praises other people's works. Which is fine but sometimes it feels like he just does it for the sake of being contrarian.

In AH's case it's deliberate because the funny faces is an actual trope called kaogei (顔芸)
Basically people make weird faces that are so over the top that people have to laugh at it

what's the sauce here? I tried to google it btw

If I ever ran into him, I'd tell him Rebuild fucking sucks.

Legendary Godzilla looks more like a scaly bear than anything from Jurassic Park. At least it's somewhat loyal to the original concept, it's shocking how misguided the '98 movie was.

Read the fucking thread

>it's shocking how misguided the '98 movie was.

Combine a lack of respect for the license with the Jurassic Park craze at its peak, and it stops being being shocking. Even the little Godzillas in '98 simply serve as replacements for raptors.

I saw Hideaki Anno at a grocery store in Tokyo yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Anno trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

10/10

>Not posting the version with the subs about 009 and having the filename as autis/m/

>eva
>finish
Why would he kill the cash cow? All he has to do is slap his name on these movies and they keep paying off.

Based Anno

I heard Iku-chan made a cameo in the movie, actually.

Less can be more at times.

Murricuck pls.

I think i liked this guy better when he had depression

But people liking him made him undepressed.
Please hate him.

Okay come on, this one actually is funnier with the subs

He'd be Annoymous

can't tell if anno is fat or just has a huge ribcage

It's the latter, he is quite short

Does miyazaki like godzilla movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=6is0qMN0FiA

What, so now instead of atomic breath he shoots purple lasers out of every pore?

Bravo Anno

>I heard Iku-chan made a cameo in the movie, actually.

What the fuck are you smoking?

>I wish I were at home

I can't picture him being fond of any kind of tokusatsu