Any anons have any experience in the marines? Are they just a meme, should I just join the army?

Any anons have any experience in the marines? Are they just a meme, should I just join the army?

>glad you asked

>Marines: smaller, harsher, older worn gear.
You’ll never be treated nicely, and must take orders from anybody outranking you

>Army: varies largely by branch & MOS
I dont’t like the huge marine egos, they were just Frat-boys
That said... my current unit is soft as fuck... aviation is too relaxed

I dont have a problem with the harshness unless the payoff isn't worth it. Mainly the quality of life after basic. I want to join the marines cause their advertising got to me in the sense that i bought into the idea that marines are tougher than other branches.

General plan right now is to serve and then join the FBI. What benefits should I ask for when signing up? Are there differing benefits for Army and Marines? Anything you regret not asking your recruiter?

user it's illegal to join if you're IQ is less then 83 and I'm pretty sure you can't weigh 300+ lbs

Go to OCS. Quantico if you can get in trains both Marine officers and FBI

Spent my career in the Marines. If you can earn the title, it will be the single most productive thing you do with your life.

If you take the time in the Corps to learn about leadership and motivation, it will set you up for success for the rest of your life.

army is the meat that marines hide behind. Marines like to act badass but if you're truly badass you go army. More likely to get to kill or be killed.

I did PLC (OCS) and TBS in Quantico. Being an officer of Marines is a challenge that should only be accepted by those that truly want the responsibility and put themselves last. OCS will break down and weed out the want to be’s and anyone else not fit to be there.

The Sgt. Instructors call you sir the day you are commissioned, they are the utmost professionals and will screen and evaluate all potential officer candidates. They have 13 weeks to break you any way they can.

American military is to PC now. go join the French forgein legion or something. that and the Army Rangers in the 75th do EVERYTHING that I was told I'd be doing in the Marines. fuck life man. Doesn't matter what job you have the USMC just doesn't go and KILL anymore.

There are pros and cons to both the army and Marines, and obviously as a Marine I'm biased towards the Corps, but here's 3 good reasons why
1. Navy Corpsman> Army medics. Much more training. Who do you want working on you if you're hit low?
2. CAS (Close air support) everywhere we go. If you've ever had to call for it, you wouldn't want to be left without it
3. Most guys join the Marines to kill people, people join the army for a variety of reasons and many are incentivised by big bonuses. Personally, I'd rather have the savage who jerks off with CLP while snorting nitro tech and preying for a TIC fighting with me

That being said, the Marines will absolutely grind your dick into the dirt, miserable conditinos and there is a reason 75% of guys don't re enlist. If you want nice things, join the army. If you want to live a spartan lifestyle and have the highest probability of killing people, join the Marines. Feel free to AMA, will be up for another 20 min or so

>Most violent province Iraq war
>Most violent province Afghanistan war
>First into Vietnam in large numbers
>Saved your fucking asses in Korea
>Took Japanese empiral army while you were LARPing around Western Europe fighting the bottom of the barrel reserves the USSR hadn't killed yet
What?

Personally I dont care about killing people but I would definitely have no problem doing it. Joining for me is about opening up options.

I was in uni with a fully paid ride at A&M but the IRS and school screwed me over and some payments didn't go through so now I owe that semester out of pocket. So I'm enlisting. It's always something that's been in the back of my mind anyways I've always been extremely patriotic.

How's the culture around other marines are they really just meat heads or can you have good conversations? How much time do you have to pursue a degree during active duty? I dont mind menial labor I'm poor as dirt so it's something in used to but how much of it is just that? Is there anything I should ask my recruiter about that you forgot or some basics I might have overlooked?

Yeah join the army kid, the Marines doesn't do anything for you except teach you how to kill people and prepare the fuck out of you to be homeless as shit. Also, if for some reason you do decide to join the Marines, don't do it for any job besides infantry (03xx field on your contract) any other job you can do in a different branch and get treated like you're a human being...as for Marines being dumb, there are more stupid people in the army, but this isn't saying a lot. We do tend to get more of the upper middle class ideological guys although, vs army has to deal with poorfags looking for jobs and gibs. This is just generally speaking however, we have plenty of window lickers for sure...even the Air Force despite thier reputation, like nearly every single person I have met in the AF I think has a degree of autism, very technically savy but not socially intelligent group

Fransisco????

I'm really split on this. I want the standards, or least as perceived by me, of the marines with the benifits of the army. I want the tough as nails boot camp. I'll have to do more research on it. Anywhere you reccomend looking for answers. And yea everywhere I looked everyone says the airforce is full of autists.

nope, I am a spic though

Same but I'm a Jew Spic. Fight for Israel.

Just fucking let me enlist in your armed forces / marine already
Why I wasn’t born American fuck

Marines definitely have highest standards, but again: be careful what you wish for. It's seriously miserable, also especally so in peace time. The one thing I will say about the army is they have the budget to do addtional training/ missions when we aren't at war. All Marines do is prepare for offensive combat operations, and play fuck fuck games...I'm actually halfway convinced the reason the Corps fucks with Marines so much is because it makes us pissed off 24/7 and that happier to vent that pent up rage during a fire fight

Start your application today you lazy fuck, I'm an immigrant and now a naturalized citizen

That's actually fucking hilarious to me. Also how do you think the few actual racist Sup Forumsfags feel about apparently 3 non whites being in the military?

>play fuck fuck games
what are fuck fuck games

did you just unfold that flag for a meme picture

I’m 21, I don’t think there would be enough time for me to immigrate and then enlist
But I also have no idea of how this works
I have lived in Britain before, I don’t know if it could help

not him but if you don't know whether there would be enough time or not than you haven't researched it cause you don't care enough

Neh I was too lazy to iron it.

I worked with a spic marine at a job once. Super nice guy that could probably turn into a murder machine at a moments notice.

It seems that I would have to apply first for a visa independently of the military application, which even as a soon to be STEM graduate would be hard
There’s no straight process of applying to the military as a foreign from what I’ve understood

do you support all possible regimes of global effect that past current and future governments and agencies are putting in place, of which you cannot yet possibly understand?

are you willing to die for those things of which you may not know of, understand or believe in?

are you willing to sacrifice your freedoms, up to your life, if ever you see speak out against anything of substance that has happened before during or after your servitude to the army?

if yes to those, then join army, doesn't matter which one you join, they're all doing the same job and just need applicants to fill the places

are you lonely, want friends, have failed or are failing aspirations, seeking a life style change as well as a more spiritual understanding of where you are in the universe, as well as feeling trapped by your current circumstance?

if yes, then don't join the army, you will only realise that is the same as well as getting yourself locked into something

if you don't want to really think about what you're doing, then do anything, join the fucking girl scouts or whatever, but if you think about what you do, then get yourself a simple set of morals that paints clearly who, or rather what, is and isn't bad - if you haven't already got your own set of morals, the army does supply some basic ones, and im sure if you follow those like a fly following the smell of shit, then im sure youll do fine!

TL;DR join the army and go on a rampage then suicide, it'll make for some pucker press when they find all your waifus