Full Metal Panic! Teases "Important Announcement" With Voice Cast

It's finally happening.

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-08-15/full-metal-panic-teases-important-announcement-with-voice-cast/.105399

>Voice cast

This is the first Yukana anime in how many years?

It's not like everybody forgot about FMP in 2016

Daily reminder that Tessa is best girl and that Chidori is an NTRing slut.

>announcement on oct 22nd
Fuck. We're not gonna see this new series until Q4 2017, are we?

Fuck year. I'm ready.

>Tessa is best girl
Truth.

been so long since sigma ended, I stopped caring

Both Chidori and Tessa are best girls.

It has been happening since like 3 years ago.

I hope Chris Patton, Luci Christain and Hillary Haag are reprising for the inevitable dub.

I probably would've been more interested if it was more of an comedy show like fumoffo, but the later volumes went kind of boring. Writer should've kept to the fun stuff.

So Seki is still confirmed for Sousuke. That's good since he didn't show up at the last event. Alright Gatoh do your magic and get us KyoAni or Takemoto or both.

Tried watching FMP for the first time and it was horrible.

Never Forget the day that Sup Forums drowned in tears.

>Expecting anything
It'll be an audiobook or pachinko machine just like every other time.
Even if it wasn't, its been half a decade since anyone really cared. Even if Free! had actually been FMP like everyone thought, it would have been running late..

>It'll be an audiobook or pachinko machine just like every other tim

Hello newfag. Maybe you missed the three stickies we had a year ago when an anime was announced.

Fumoffu 2 when?

>its reboot

Why are people posting Free?

>Dub
Get out.

why I wonder

After this new anime. Gatoh is on a mission to get everything adapted.

>implying those people even dub anymore.

Does anyone remember how well free sold?
Did it sell poorly?

>tfw KyoAni is doing the new FMP
>tfw Takemoto said fuck it to those homo swimmers and is directing the new FMP

That would be the ultimate revenge and Gatoh can make it happen.

> Seki
Fucking great.

>KyoAni
>selling poorly

GET HYPE

Well, we already had the new anime confirmed to be greenlit last Halloween, so it looks like we're finally gonna get a trailer.

Seasons 1 and 2 only covered the first 5 volumes of the light novel right? So this will continue with volume 6?

They're looking to finish everything, so yes.
S1 also had some anime-original stuff, like that terrible Helmajistan one.
I really wonder how the anime-only are going to react when the fun times are dead and buried after DVMC.

It's hard to imagine KyoAni doing it, who else could? A1?

Shit taste

Bones, obviously.

Unless it's a Fumoffu sequel i do not care.

Fumoffu season 2 when?

I'm also looking forward to what anime-original content Gatoh will add to improve upon the novels.

Fumoffu was godtier and I don't care what Sup Forums has to say to that

You already waited ten years. One more is not much.

Production IG + Xebec Zwei
Oh who am I kidding, this will never happen

Seki is fucking amazing. There's no way they'd replace him.

>doesn't appreciate both the serious and comedy aspects of FMP

Fuck off.

Where can I read the light novels? I don't want to buy shit

Fumoffu was great but you're fucking retarded if you don't think Second Raid was the best season.

It's not like you can buy all of the novels in English anyway.

When did I say that ONLY Fumoffu was good?

KyoAni did this on purpose.

You literally just said that you didn't care about anything other than Fumoffu in your post

does gonzo even do anything anymore

Only the first 5 were translated into english by Tokyopop and then they dropped the series. There are fan translations but they're bad. Right now the only way to experience the whole story is through the Sigma manga otherwise just wait for the anime to come out.

They're pretty ded, they do some stuff every once in the while and they've been a bit more active lately.

>There are fan translations but they're bad.
I found them perfectly fine.
Sigma's alright but I felt it leaves out too much of the little details I loved about the novel.

They've only done one anime a year since 2014. They're pretty much dead.

>Hunter x Hunter manga came back for a volume
>Diamond is Unbreakable anime
>Full Metal Panic Season 4
>Tenchi Muyo OVA 4
>Berserk Conviction arc anime (albeit shitty), manga returns
>FLCL new season announcement
>D.Gray-man Hallow
>Beet the Vandel Buster manga return

This has been a really good year for Sup Forums

No, I said that I don't care about this new series unless it's a Fumoffu sequel. How exactly does "I want a sequel to this particular piece of the FMP franchise" translate to "all the others are bad"?

I also think Gundam is painfully overdue for something in the spirit of G Gundam and have little interest in the endless series of UC reimaginings at this point. Doesn't mean I hate every Gundam that is not G.

Out of these only Part 4, FMP and Berserk manga matter.

>>FLCL new season announcement
>A good thing
Slow down user, that could still very easily be shit

You are literally fucking retarded

Tessa is just an all around on slut, she's literally begging for Afghan D.

Rosario + Vampire S3 when

Just take me back goddammit

Doesn't Tessa have her own fuccboi in Another?

It means you don't appreciate the main story of FMP. FMP isn't just shits and giggles with Fumoffu. There are 12 whole volumes dedicated to telling a serious story with little to no comedy.

I liked the Helmajistan arc, shoot me.

I hate myself for falling for that shit.

Yes. A Sousuke clone.

>Being this retarded kyoanifag
>Can't even accept the fact that Kyoani is selling poorly for the last 3 years
>Only depends on Fujoshit and Yurifags

>selling poorly

So if it's not 10k it's selling poorly? What about Free then? It sells 20k. Secondly, KyoAni proved it can have shit sales and still make a profit since they get almost all the money from disc sales rather than before when they only got a small percentage with Kadokawa.

Below 10k is shit you retarded newfag, especially after how Kyoani did in previous years with series like Haruhi or FMP.

Now Kyoani is a silly studio that need to use their own money to pay their employees because the sells are dogshit, or are you going to forget what happened 2 years ago?

The only way for kyoani to stay alive is baiting the fujoshits and yuritards, that's why they still throwing more shit like the new season of Free! and Hibike S2.

KyoAni made more money than SHAFT last year though, even with Phantom Sales and SHAFT having released two seasons of Bakeshit that sold over 20k.

All I want is a New Mai Hime series after LoveLive:Sunshine. I know the money train will never stop but it isn't too much to ask really.

You're the retarded newfag sticking to an outdated "10k or bust."

KyoAni has been making more money since they stopped doing Kadokawa shit and their post-Kadokawa disc sales are nothing compared to when they were adapting their shit.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

>Assblasted Kyoanitard thinking blow 10K is good

You must be one of the biggest retards in this board newshitter, Kyoani is failing over and over and ther you have KnK, Tamako, Chuu2, Nichijou, Amagi and Munto as a proof of their incompetence to adapt anything that is not shit to pander the retards like you.

Next time when you try to defend your shitty studio at least do it with proof instead of sperging around because "muh kyoani!!!".

>its the monthly "FMP is back!" thread
the anime that cried wolf

Munto and Tamako weren't adaptations, shitposter-senpai.

>KnK, Tamako, Chuu2, Nichijou, Amagi and Munt

Nice cherrypicking there.

>Munto
>Something from 2003

Oh I'm laffin. I'm not going to spoonfeed you. Go into the archives and you'll see KyoAni's financial reports that prove they're making more money now more than ever despite their so called "flops"

Have you been living under a rock? A new anime was already announced a year ago. This announcement will be which studio/director will do the anime.

>implying the value of money hasn't changed in the past 13 years.
>implying past 10k equal present 10k
Retard

Ignore him, he's retarded. If he really cared about the series at all he would already know the confirmation of a fourth season.

You're still missing the point. KyoAni is making more money now despite most of their works not hitting close to 10k. 10k doesn't fucking matter for them. Now stop being a fucking retard.

>implying the value of money hasn't changed in the past 13 years.
That 10k refers to units sold not 'money', inflation is already taken into account by the price of a volume changing.

But user, the hivemind agrees and loves FMP

Man I'm going to enjoy it when the anime only people experience Nami

How does S2 compare to S1 and Fumoffu? I thought some of the drama was meh in S1 but Fumoffu really excelled at the humour.

Also why would KyoAni make more FMP before more Haruhi?

>S2
TSR is god tier

>FMP before more Haruhi?

A. Gatoh is best friends with Takemoto
B. Gatoh has been a scriptwriter for many KyoAni anime like Haruhi, FMP, Amagi, and Hyouka.
C. Gatoh is based as fuck and gets shit done. He always keeps his promises.
D. Tanigawa is a lazy faggot who doesn't care about Haruhi.

>Summer Battle of the Century

Neptunia didn't even stand a chance.

The Second Raid has great animation and fights and is in general more serious than its predecessor.

The haircutting scene will give you feels.

>S1

S1 was mediocre because Gatoh didnt have as much control over scripts and Chigira isn't as good as Takemoto who has great synergy with Gatoh since they're BFFs. Also KyoAni production values are 1000x better than Gonzo.

I thought S2 was a bit worse than S1. I really missed the relaxing school episodes in between, it was serious all the time which got tiring.

Is Mikuni Shimokawa back for the OP/EDs? It would be pretty disappointing if not.

It's a safe assumption to make but no confirmation yet.

I wouldn't assume so. She hasn't done music in many years and is also married now.

TSR literally forced me to the edge my seat with the suspense and character drama. It had a lot of great writing and is definitely my favorite season.

>not being hyped for animated BOMF

No, you just have the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old and can't understand that wanting one thing doesn't mean hating everything else.

Right, and my point is that all the "serious story" of FMP has been more than established and gotten plenty of attention. Like you said, there are 12 whole volumes of it.

FMP showed a lighter side one time 13 fucking years ago for a brief 12 episodes and it was really great. It would hardly tarnish the SERIOUS BUSINESS tone of FMP as a whole to revisit Fumoffu at this point.

>FMP showed a lighter side one time 13 fucking years ago for a brief 12 episodes and it was really great.
There are eight volumes of short stories a few of which were adapted by Fumoffu. They'd have material for a couple more seasons of that if they wanted.