So...

So, I've been reading Toriko and I'm kinda shocked at how the artist straight up rips off Luffy's Gear 2nd when Toriko powers up. Steam comes off his body and he says the word Jet when calling out upgraded attacks. Is this what homage looks like in Japan?

I guess.

Eh don't think too hard about it he doesn't use it very often.

What the fuck is even happening here?

He uses the power of sound to take off like a jet.

>After eating AIR, Toriko's Gourmet Cells' skin respiration process is drastically increased. The force of the air inhaled and exhaled is comparable to that of a jet plane. When Toriko uses techniques exploit this side of his metabolism, he adds "Jet" to the name of the attack.

At least the explanation is pretty unique and interesting. Breathing through your skin with the force of a jet engine? Goddamn lol

Toriko has so many moves that he only does once, then gets a new powerup and they all change again, I don't really think it's a big deal.

This is the major flawed with toriko. After learning food honor it seems rushed as fuck.

So can Toriko fly? If you can breath through your skin with that much force then you should be able to blast jets of air from your back or something.

The drawing looks weird. There's like a cloud or something in front of Zebra, or he's in the cloud?

Zebra can control sound he wraps it around people like armor at later points.

How is that a flaw? Is it any worse than seeing the same attacks over and over again? I like the way Toriko just comes up with unique ways to implement his powers and has to constantly get stronger in order to compete with growing threats. I also like how fast it's going, it's exciting.

He can fucking teleport, dude. Toriko can create back channels. HE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME. The power levels are INSANE right now.

It's a flaw because it doesn't even make it seem like the power up was worth while in any way just a simple way to solve a problem. I agree its better then just him having one move but holy fuck we skipped 4 god damn parts of the full course and the powers they could of gave because he gave everything out like candy all right. He even said fuck off about the calorie meter half way through.

But can he beat Goku who can move while time is stopped?

>skipped

Don't see it that way. The story shifted to the threat of Neo and Acacia. It's THAT fucking serious, that collecting the Full Course is more a matter of "we need to do it as soon as we fucking can if we're to stand a chance", something that's supposed to be an incredible feat to perform. And it's all leading into how unbelievably fucking ultrapowerful Acacia is and has become. That the effects of the Full Course DON'T EVEN MATTER RIGHT NOW!

What, you think they're not going to cover any of the full course effects once we see what's happened to Toriko and he's ready to start fighting Acacia? Or whatever is going to happen? Of course they will, but right now some really fucking crazy serious shit is going on.

After his latest power-up he most definitely can, since his third gourmet demon is supposed to make his other two look like trash in comparison, and he's already a ridiculous powerhouse that can launch hypersonic megaton force projectiles in the form of forks and knives.

>But can he beat Goku who can move while time is stopped?
Of course not Goku can solo the Toriko verse easy.

>Acacia is Monkey King
>Toriko is Buddha
>their fight will probably be TTGL-tier up to a point Toriko achieves true enlightenment and transcends way above Acacia

Toriko's gonna create an entire universe made of nothing but Kugi Punches and banish Acacia to it, where he'll get infinitely Mugen Kugi Punched forever.

Why are you referring me to a false statement?

Jesus this still going?