Are the rebuilds worth watching?

Are the rebuilds worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GokGKpXirv0
youtube.com/watch?v=iFcVr0SWSDs
youtube.com/watch?v=ziM6VS9pbgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idk, hard to say until it's finished

Everyone agrees that they're FAR better than the show, which is really outdated nowadays

just watch the rebuilds

It's like you took away all the psychological stuff from the original Evangelion, and just turned it into an edgy mecha.

1 and 2 yes
I'd rather swallow shit than watch 3 again, and by extension 4 too when it comes out

1 is good
2 is great
3 is good
4 is dead

This. Skip it.

This.

The show is fucking shit, you should skip it and watch the rebuilds instead.

>edgy
How the fuck are the rebuilds edgy? And since when was edgy a bad thing?

3.0 was pretty edgy.

The only thing the Rebuilds do better is Ramiel.

The original was never worth watching to begin with, so it's your call.

le troll meme

>le
Don't use that word, even if you're being ironic.

and sahaquiel
maybe zeruel if rei vore wasnt a thing

No, stop at End of Evangellion. You will thank me

No one would thank you for them missing out on 2.22

Cool picture man

Just watch the fights and skip everything else.
Because everything else is done way better in NGE

You have a point, the Engrish scene that it opens with is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

If you cannot enjoy action as a genre in any capacity, then no, don't bother. Because 1.0 was a limp retelling of the first few episodes, then 2.0 went off the rails to do its own thing and ended up being amazing in an entirely different way that Eva TV. 3.0 was shit though.

3 is 90x better than 2
At least 3 is it's own thing, 2 is just insulting too the source material

>is X worth watching?
You can't take time out of your busy schedule of eating stale Doritos by the handful and masturbating six times daily?

All the Rebuilds do is add more fuel for waifu wars.

improvement

kys

Fuck off.

No. First two are decent and great, but the third Rebuild is so bad that Rebuild should be scrapped.

damn, sorry mate

>3 is 90x better than 2
>At least 3 is it's own thing, 2 is just insulting too the source material

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

3 is what's insulting to the source material, with it's complete lack of story or any sort of coherent and believable characterization.

Before you counter with "b-but the second one was too fanservicey!", consider that the original was even MORE fanservicey, cliched and lighthearted. Not only that, 3 had far more fanservice anyway, so get fucked.

Stop projecting you sad fuck

If you think the rebuilds are better than or replace the show, you watched the show wrong.
If you think the rebuilds are shit and ruin the show, you watched the rebuilds wrong.

2 just fucked over the characters, Misato and Asuka and empty shells of what they where in Neon Genesis, Misato doesn't feel like someone who is a mother like figure with slight sexual attraction to Shinji, she just feels like someone who's there. I don't mind fan service in anime desu, but when you fucking hollow out one of the deepest characters in anime just for a ploy for fan service like they did with Asuka, you know you fucked up.

At least 3 decided to go in it's own direction and say "hey, these aren't the same characters"

>unironically using 'projecting'
Oh my god.

Too big of a word for ya, bud?

Yui going off on Zeruel is better than Rei being eaten. I mean, that was a holy shit moment despite the fact that you knew already Eva could be fucking brutal.

>2 just fucked over the characters, Misato and Asuka and empty shells of what they where in Neon Genesis, Misato doesn't feel like someone who is a mother like figure with slight sexual attraction to Shinji, she just feels like someone who's there. I don't mind fan service in anime desu, but when you fucking hollow out one of the deepest characters in anime just for a ploy for fan service like they did with Asuka, you know you fucked up.

All 100% bullshit you just wrote that will never, ever make sense in any way whatsoever. Everything you wrote was not substantiated or backed up in any way, retard.

>At least 3 decided to go in it's own direction and say "hey, these aren't the same characters"

Now this is how you know you're almost irredeemably retarded. They removed all depth in 3.33 and fucked the characters completely by not developing them in any context, and only making sure they catered to filthy fat otaku such as yourself.

Get a fucking grip, or get the fuck out from eva discussions you amoeba.

>Everything you wrote was not substantiated or backed up in any way, retard.
but nothing you're saying is substantiated or backed up in any way...
And I don't have to resort to calling people retards anonymously over the internet to feel happiness.

You have to do something worse, you have to literally go on Sup Forums, click Sup Forums, and then enter some EVA thread, and blatantly LIE about things you even know yourself to be utter, complete bullshit.

What exactly is wrong in your life that makes you do this? Be fucking honest for once.

Damn, you're an edgy one aren't you

Calling out faggots like you or being honest will never, ever be edgy. Being as dishonest as you about a fucking japanese cartoon? Hell, that's fucking edgy.

Not the funny kind of edgy either, just the pathetic, sad kind since you can't even stand for your own nonsense when called out. You know you're full of shit, and yet you persist. That's insane and you need help.

Are you okay?
Like, do you need me to call you a doctor?
You're actually getting upset over this....
Like, get help....

Stop deflecting already. You're simply just mad and butthurt your shit got called out. This is why you went off topic, and it's a sign you need psychological help.

Look at thrid impact from End of Eva then from 2, there, End of Eva deals with the effects it has on charatcers, 2 has Shinji acting like Simon from Gurren Lagann.
Back on topic.
It's called an opinion.
No one is right or wrong
calm your tits

Yes, but only if you've seen the original first. The rebuilds are visually impressive, and have an interesting sort of story in their own way.

anyway ima go and jerk off and then get some sleep, was nice talking too you

Some times, your opinion is based on sad delusions and is a sign that you need help. What you wrote even in that post was utter nonsense that makes no sense, and yes, you need help.

neon genesis sucks, rebuild 2.0 is better because there's lots of action and no stupid """"philosophy"""" shits

4.44 or 3.0+1.0 is dead.. so the story will never be completed.. for some reason gainax just gave up on it and said fuck it.

This.

If you're expecting NGE but better animated then don't expect much. The closest to NGE you'll get is the first Rebuild movie which was my favorite of the series.

If you want more Eva then the Rebuilds are the correct way to go, you just need to understand that it's a separate entity from NGE.

what a fucking hack

>4 is dead
What is this meme?

It's not true right?

It's pretty much is sadly. But it's okay because i think the 3rd sequel was a good way to end it. Really was a kick ass movie with lots of great action and character building moments.

There may be a 4.44 eventually.

But it was never the plan according to one of the recent interviews with Anno.

If you HAVEN'T UNDERSTOOD WHY YET, THEN CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE PART OF THE RETARD GROUP THAT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT.

Anno made the Rebuilds and practically all modern EVA because he's a butthurt otaku that didn't like Rei being the best liked character in the entire show. Makes sense how modern EVA really drags Rei through the mud now, doesn't it? Also makes sense that his favorite characters (Asuka, Kaworu) receive all the flattering.

Put one and two together, I know you can do it!

There's a special place in hell for people like you.

Further proof that Americans should never watch Evangelion.

The rebuilds have their own merit. But you will never, really appreciate what the rebuilds are going off of, (good or bad) unless you watch the series first.

1 is barely good
2 is mediocre
3 is horrible

The soundtrack is worth it.
youtube.com/watch?v=GokGKpXirv0
youtube.com/watch?v=iFcVr0SWSDs
youtube.com/watch?v=ziM6VS9pbgM

Take your meds.

It only makes sense fot the rebuilds to be horrible on porpoise...

Touji is a real bro.

I really wouldn't mind gurren laggan-tier nonsensical bullshit if the rebuilds didn't take themselves as seriously as the original series.

top lel this pic

>gainax
... you have no idea what you're talking about do you...

The only video I liked from Demo was his review of Rebuild vs Evangelion

You don't know what an homage is, right?

Good luck with waiting.

2 is shit

>TTGL
>when Getter Robo is one of Anno's favorite manga
fuck off
yeah i know it would make it less funny

What the hell.
This is fucking hilarious.

I want to watch an anime directed by Ikuhara and Anno.