Why the fuck is ((((modernist)))) architecture so ugly? why don't we build aesthetic buildings like we used to?

why the fuck is ((((modernist)))) architecture so ugly? why don't we build aesthetic buildings like we used to?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2017.07.07-100242/http://www.thedailybeast.com/jewish-immigrants-fathered-modernism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jews

Nigger Jews

Globalist Nigger Jews

Overdesigned pretentiousness originating from nu males and jews.

Because old models are boring

Buildings and architecture are part of a people's culture.

The jew wants to destroy all cultures that are not its own

you do the math

At least the faggot crystal didn't damage or alter the old museum in any way. The rest of the building is still very nice tbqh, pic related.

It's post-modernism you retard

which is even worse

It's literally Jews.

The Jews, my friend! It is they who are to blame!

it's an attempt to destroy art as a refuge from nihilism. modern art is an intentional sabotage of the human soul

TO make a corporate drone out a person, feng shui of his living environment must be disrupted.
If you ever wondered why inhabitants of commie blocks drink and smoke weed so much more than a peasant from a comfy mountain village.

The Jew understands that decorum instills a sense of national pride, which they wish to deny white people.

doesn't this look so warm and inviting though?

Brutalism was made by fascist and Nazi architecture is worse than brutalism.

I think that building is a cool juxtiposition of old against new

I think you're exaggerating quite a lot. German architecture of the time was pretty bland, but still had a distinct and appropriate aesthetic

Soul crushingly soul eating hope grinder.

Italians had some fun fascist architecture too

There's a reason why Canary Wharf exists.

It's true. It's certainly more work to live in a house than it is to live in some cramped little apartment and sure it will save you a lot of time on your days off but the people who live in apartments tend to squander all of that saved time on being completely sedentary and useless. And they pick the dumbest sedentary activities ever; like vidya instead of reading.

When I first started living in a detached house I dreaded all the yard work and repairs and what-not. But it actually feels good. Kaczynski was right. The work it takes to maintain a detached dwelling contributes to your "power process". (i.e. exerting effort in order to acquire the means of survival). It just feels good. It's hard work sometimes but it feels good. Rather than slothing around in an apartment chain smoking and drinking wine cooler out of a plastic bottle on my days off playing vidya.

Posting one of the coolest buildings in NA. Combines art deco and gothic architecture in a single skyscraper. Very interesting and I've never seen anything else like it.

Sadly most of my images are over 4MB size limit

this counts as research for my EPQ on architecture (will probably not mention jews)

Love this building. Its like Minimalism and classicism had a baby

nah it looks like shit. completely ruins the old building furthermore the new addition on it's own would look like shit. but i guess thats a matter of taste which is subjective.

what you cant deny however is that modern architecture makes everywhere look the same. individuality is eradicated.

might actually look nice if whites lived there

It actually looks like a cancerous growth in an otherwise normal looking region.

Looks like shit

That's gorgeous.

All we have in NJ is The Beacon which is okay but nothing like that.

post physique before critique

I'll post whatever the fuck I want, reddit.

I need to move out of this place, leafs are such annoying little cunts

thats not canary wharf. anyway you can create a financial sector without destroying a historical city's skyline in the process. london tried to copy new york's art deco/skyscraper city scape (which i think looks good) but failed miserably and ruined an architecturally unique city in the process

Yes, like a tumor on the soul of Europa.

How do you want your view senpai?

>Architecture thread
>unironically defends ROM
>avatarfagging
>accuses other leafs of being the problem
We're all the problem desu.

another "skyscraper" using gothic elements. Fellas I wish we never made those glass rectangles

>beat me to it
Ever since art became postmodern relativism, it was open season to create weird shit.

The kicker? CIA funded a lot of postmodern artists and artificially kicked off the trend in an attempt to undermine Soviet Russia. Think Pollock and Warhol. It somehow worked to a degree. It was propaganda.

This art movement has long since outlived and outstayed its cold, spooky welcome and needs to die.

to demoralize and depress the fuck out of people

>calls it a faggot crystal
>"defending"
maybe learn how to read before getting so upset
>avatarfagging
you're just retarded tbqh

Haha look at this stupid Nigger, he doesn’t even like gothic revival style or groined rob vaults .

Niagara-Mohawk station. I think art deco was the last decent looking aesthetic for tall buildings

I unironically like this.

Awesome place to fly a drone around

I mean, it's not a glass rectangle.

reminds me of the empirium! blood for the blood god skulls for the skull thrown!

posting a comfy before I leave for work

As the general population becomes more and more degenerate it will produce less and less and when it does do something it quill be disgusting like the shit in OPs pic.
There is no cure for this decent into decadence other than a massive disaster that annililates all of the major citys and thrtefore removes these sick cucks from our world. Make no mistake (((They))) are at work here.

Current

Planned

this, subconsciously you know its ugly/confusing/pretentious and it takes away from the beauty and awe of western architecture

>German architecture of the time was pretty bland
It was designed to mimic/call back to Ancient Rome.

I'm stuck between thinking that's a copy of the Pantheon in Rome, or a mosque masquerading as civilised.

Damn that woman in the yellow dress is totally going to get raped by that nog who is checking her out.

^ Underrated

Ted was right!

> ...Silverstein purchased the property in 1980, and has owned it ever since. The building was declared a NYC landmark in 1996. Work on the renovation is expected to begin early next year, and will cost about $50 million.

thats not terrible. but i actually like those tall buildings in new york they look good because theyre not all made out of jutting glass and cold steel. it suits the character of new york, it's part of what it's known and loved for. they should leave it a build that new building somewhere else

How did we go from THIS...

(((Architecture)))

...to THIS?

(((They))) killed beauty and art

what the fuck

nazi/fascist architecture and brutalism are ugly and bland and im glad that shit doesnt get built anymore but at least it was original and actually had form and shape as opposed to this modern shit that looks like nothing in particular and inspires no feelings at all

downright criminal. it should be a offence by law to do such things

Why tho

This looks awesome.

Bombs landing on it.

How did we go from this

to THIS?!

Because we're losing culture and they're just tryhards.

this looks good. all tall buildings should be done in this way but perhaps it little less dark and incorporating different visual elements relative to a country's historical architectural style. love the detail at the top

They want to keep you uninspired and low energy user. These buildings are a separation from man in a way that those men are a separation from God. They are ugly and unnatural for a reason

glass and metal together is so bland and gross looking. everything gets grey and ugly after 20 years whereas stone brick and wood acquire character with age. now they have started using horrible, cheap, plastic looking panels to new builds all around london.

the city is starting to look like its made out of grey lego. no form or detail just square shapes of varying sizes

Nazi art and architecture were a poor imitation of Classicism, but it they were still a lot better than its Italian fascist counterparts or its modernist successors. Also, the sheer scale of their buildings was kinda cool.

It's a cool idea but most of the "exotic"-looking rooms are tacky as hell.

PERFIDIOUS ALBION

christ almighty

F

A couple of hundred years from now people will be saying "why is modern architecture so ugly" "why can't we build like we used to in the 21st century".
I think Modernist and post Modernist art and architecture are ugly too. But that's just my opinion. And that's just the cycle of schools of thought. Did you excpect architecture to stay the same forever?

Gay Progressist Transgender Globalist Nigger Jews

Western Civilization won't be around in a couple hundred years for people to say this.

Destorying culture and the past.

It hurts to see all that late 19th century German imperial architecture being lost. It reminds me of the industrial character of the 19th century. Someone could build a building like this today again and nobody would notice it would have been lost for decades. Germany has money for it, but now they should take action.

shutup faggot

That is beautiful.

no you're right we should just abandon city planning completely.
Man do I miss the days of Dickensian rat alleys :(

Marxist Gay Progressive Transgender Globalist Nigger Jews

Fuck Zurich.

Wouldn't look nearly as bad if the new architecture was built like it was eating the old

Looks like that building has some kind of sci fi tumor

That's a bird you fucking idiot

Scientist said that if the bigger Reichstag would've been done, it would've had its own weather.

Looks cool as fuck you freakin' faggot.

archive.is/2017.07.07-100242/http://www.thedailybeast.com/jewish-immigrants-fathered-modernism
Almonds = activated

>1 post by these IDs
Really jogs the noggin.