Watching Evangelion as your first anime

>Watching Evangelion as your first anime.

Is there a worse mistake?

>Watching anime
Is there a worse mistake?

Yeah, watching any anime at all. It's all trash.

No, it's a pretty entry level anime.

Yeah watching Naruto as your first.

b-but my deconstruction of the Transformer genre :^(

>He said while browsing the anime section on a peruvian pisco tasting forum.

d00d i heard its like real mental edge man so deeeeeepppp 2deep4u youll change how you view life man it changes you dude

I can see Evangelion pushing away watchers that don't know what to expect from anime, solely because I can only assume their confusion builds up through the series and their questions probably never get fully answered. Going back and re-watching after a few months might yield better results.

So what are good entry level shows to start with? I've watched NGE, K-On, Watamote, FMA, YYH, KlK, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and that show with Umaru. There are a few series here and there that have faded into irrelevance, ie Blue Exorcist. Where do I go from here? I can't stand that bullshit like HxH or Fairy Tale

just fucking watch something newfag

>he said while not getting the joke

HxH is actually good. Can't speak for Fairy Tale.

HxH 99+Yorkshin OVA is great. Finish that and then read the manga. Don't bother with 2011, despite its ratings on popular sites it's pretty bad compared to 99.

>watched FMA
>call HxH bullshit
both are one of the best shounen series, but Hunter is better.

>that one show with umaru

Elfen lied

I think watching evangelion as a teen is a mistake. You only can only appreciate when you're older and more experienced. All the hate for Shinji comes from dumb kids who wanted Naruto as the protag and simply can't understand deep and complex character like Shinji

Watching Lucky Star as your first KyoAni series.

It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up. Japan have a big problems with these people wand they try to get rid of the american democracy to start the extermination of the weaboos. You know the reason why Sup Forums hate Evangelion is because it told them how worthless pieces of shit they are. Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.

>try to watch for awesome big robot battles
>receive faggy 2deep4u bullshit
This is one of the reasons i never got into Anime. I just want to see some chaos and war, not angsty retards going through emotional problems.
Capeshit and certain movies are guilty of this too, the reluctant superhero trope is so annoying. If you got power, fucking use it.

What do you watch, user.

Evangelion and EoE are the only anime I have ever watched
I only saw one episode of Cowboy Bepoe and it was shit

I mean in general, I want to know you as a person.

It is a terrible thing to do. Just like reading Berserk for your first manga is a mistake. Everything afterwards will feel like shit in comparison.

right over your fuckin head

Kino