Hiroyuki Sawano vs Yoko Kanno

Who is the better composer of anime OSTs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ws8X31TTB5E
youtube.com/watch?v=oRT3eOcNUQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=DnzrU3qFHw4
youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfx8-c63u0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WJXw0lL5-vA
soundcloud.com/jimmy30312/ao-no-exorcist-blue-exorcist-2
youtube.com/watch?v=xTzRyLKROeE
youtube.com/watch?v=10r819Zx80Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FG85HkhubDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_bJMbh3fI
youtube.com/watch?v=i78vNahjTYE
youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g
youtube.com/watch?v=kC8xkvb14rU
youtu.be/UkjMrKYIsLg?t=1057
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yoko kanno

youtube.com/watch?v=ws8X31TTB5E

Shiro Sagisu

This
youtube.com/watch?v=oRT3eOcNUQ4

whoever composed crawling in my skin

That was Christopher "I love Australians so goddamn much" Poole.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnzrU3qFHw4

Disgusting

I prefer Sawano.

Kanno is still excellent though

Kajiura

ZUN

Who is Hiroyuki Sawano?
No, seriously, who is he? I'm not making a Jeopardy joke.

Google it if you don't know.

>Hack A or Hack B
Tough choice.

Yoko.

Great taste, user.

>yoko kanno
>hack
We got an edgelord here folks.

You're misspelling Shiro Hamaguchi.

I'm a better composer than Sawano, and I've never made a piece of music in my life.

Great choice user.
yeah he is great but I dont know, Yoko kANO has more titles under her belt no?

Who's the bitch on the left

Oshima Michiru.

>Plagiarists aren't hacks
You get exactly one (You) because you're new, don't expect any more out of me.

The new most overrated composer in anime. Does like one really loud vocal based style that is really intrusive but people like him anyway cause everything he does is super loud and "get hype".

Oh and he also does a soundtrack literally every season now and they've all kind of started to sound identical and he's clearly been phoning it in for a while now but again people still think he's absolutely amazing and will probably never grow tired of his one note style. I just miss big budget action anime not always having the same composer and virtually the same score.

Satoru Kosaki's work sold Monogatari for me, Nise and Tsuki is high point in terms of OST IMO

You're so mad it's almost funny.

His vocal shit was so unfitting in Attack on Trains it made action scenes difficult to watch.

sorry, meant to be Koi since Kei Haneoka did Tsuki

You're so dumb it's almost pitiful.

>plagiarism
I see you are musically unlearned. Musicians take and rework songs all the time. Sometimes they rework it a lot, sometimes a little, and sometimes not enough, resulting in legal issues.

Kawai Kenji
youtube.com/watch?v=z64HCi2rQkE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfx8-c63u0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WJXw0lL5-vA

Reminder: only tasteless millennial fuccbois like Sawano

Sawano by far. Nothing comes close to Unicorn's OST.

Actually no I'm sharing an opinion that happens to be critical of something and probably differs from yours. There's a huge difference and the internet could stand to remember that but you know also makes a good point here.

Yoko Kanno is seen in Japan as some unknown anime composer

Hiroyuki Sawano got his start doing soundtracks for jdramas, movies, and then later became famous for his anime works, everyone in Japan (who cares about soundtracks which isn't many) knows of him

That guy is so bland. I dislike him for kind of the opposite reasons I do people like Sawano though if they have one similarity it's that they made their names by getting to compose for really popular shit more than anything.

You wouldn't be exaggerating so much if you were not that mad.

Make way for the master boys.

The only real answer

It's funny how both the people who praise and shit on Sawano haven't even listened to Unicorn. They judge him off Kill La Kill or Attack on Titan.

Man sorry but aside from a couple of people anime fans prove yet again that they have extremely bland one dimensional taste in scores with this thread.

No not at all. In fact none of this is true.

Going with Sawano just for the Ao no Exorcist soundtrack

soundcloud.com/jimmy30312/ao-no-exorcist-blue-exorcist-2

I'm not exaggerating, the guys gotten super lazy and people don't seem to care from what I can see because loud+piercing vocals=always master class scoring to them. Again see the bit about opinions and how the world doesn't revolve around yours. You aren't that important.

Sawano has better fashion

I judge him based on the Iryu soundtrack TBQH

youtube.com/watch?v=xTzRyLKROeE
youtube.com/watch?v=10r819Zx80Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_bJMbh3fI

Cowboy Bebop is objectively better than Unicorn's OST.

I'm pretty neutral to Sawano but I really like his work on GC

youtube.com/watch?v=i78vNahjTYE

He makes music for the shitty anime from that gif you're using. You ought to lurk more until you know that.

>Unicorn
That's shit too, like the entirety of Gundam.

I have, thought Unicorn was fantastic and at one point was ready for more of him. Have felt that everything from Kill la Kill on has been mediocre at absolute best and having him crammed down my throat with every single design by committee to be popular action anime has gotten incredibly old in just a few years. I've never seen a more overused composer in any industry really. Certainly not with that kind of turnaround. The fact that he almost exclusively composers for super shitty Aniplex trainwrecks now isn't exactly helping me build good memories with his increasingly generic and shrieking vocals based soundtracks either. It's funny cause I felt he elevated Unicorn with his efforts there and that the music worked with just about everything scene but just about everything else from Kill la Kill onward seems to clash and makes otherwise okay scenes in anime kind of unpleasant to sit through at times. It's particularly bad with Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress and Owari no Seraph.

If you bothered to listen to the OSTs you wouldn't keep saying that. I won't blame you though, as the main problems come from the sound directors and the production committee wanting to prioritize the insert songs and the loud tracks despite all the excellent tracks that are forgotten behind.

Thats not how you spell Susumu Hirasawa OP...

youtube.com/watch?v=w1o4O2SfQ5g

Kanno, by far.

Not even close imo

>You aren't that important

Whoa user, you gave him that blow just over a music discussion?

For a second there I thought I'd somehow missed an anime adaptation of this.

Anime Title Year Role(s)
Soul Link 2006 Composer
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love 2006 Composer, Opening theme song composer and arranger
Project Blue Earth SOS 2006 Promotional video music creator
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula 2007 Composer
Zombie-Loan 2007 Composer
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings 2009 Composer
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 2010 Composer, 6th theme song composer, arranger and lyricist
Sengoku Basara II 2010 Composer
Blue Exorcist 2011 Composer
Sengoku Basara: The Last Party 2011 Composer
Guilty Crown 2011 Composer[8]
Blue Exorcist Movie 2012 Composer
Attack on Titan 2013 Composer[9][10]
Kill la Kill 2013 Composer[11][12]
Aldnoah.Zero 2014 Composer, Ending theme song composer, arranger and lyricist[13][14]
The Seven Deadly Sins 2014 Composer (other tracks by Takafumi Wada) [15]
Attack on Titan Movie Part 1: Crimson Bow and Arrow 2014 Composer, Ending theme song composer and arranger[16]
Aldnoah.Zero Part 2 2015 Composer, Opening theme song composer, arranger and lyricist[17]
Seraph of the End 2015 Composer, Music Producer, Opening and Ending theme song composer and arranger
(other tracks by Takafumi Wada, Asami Tachibana & Megumi Shiraishi)[18][19]
Attack on Titan Movie Part 2: Wings of Freedom 2015 Composer, Ending theme song composer and arranger[20]
Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya 2015 Composer, Music Producer
(other tracks by Takafumi Wada, Asami Tachibana & Megumi Shiraishi)[21]
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 2016 Composer, Ending theme song composer and arranger[22]
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 2016 Composer, Opening and Ending theme song composer
The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War 2016 Composer
(other tracks by Takafumi Wada)
Attack on Titan S2 2017 Composer
Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc 2017 Composer
(other tracks by Kohta Yamamoto)

It really is absurd.

He had to find out someday. Better here than in the real world.

Hum us a song on vocaroo bitch and let's see what you got.

SAC, Bebop, and Wolf's Rain are all better.

>Does typical video game music in anime
>GENIUS!

That's not helping matters for sure and the pressure to use him on things and push the insert songs he does is really obvious and annoying. It's obviously purely decided from a commercial standpoint cause obviously vocal stuff sells better than just straight showtunes.

Nope, 4 jdrama series

2013: AoT, KlK
2014: AZ, NnT
2015: Seraph, Mare
2016: Kabaneri, Thunderbolt Fantasy
2017: AoEx S2, AoT S2

Literally two shows per year and a bunch of OP/ED/Remixes

More like every "get hype" movie trailer ever made with all the chanting and what not. Again another composer where her best work is when she cuts the vocal crap and just focuses on creating atmospheric music. I don't worship her like so many do but then I'm not borderline brainwashed to praise the composers affiliated with Sony Music Entertainment like the rest of the community seems to be with how they are forever going on about Sawano[NzK] and Kajiura (Kalafina).

He does great job on acoustic and strings-heavy tracks though
youtube.com/watch?v=kC8xkvb14rU
youtu.be/UkjMrKYIsLg?t=1057

Notice every single one of them barring Seraph and Titan is some mass marketed Aniplex trainwreck thing now too just in case you needed any hints on who is pushing the shit out of him lately, no doubt for commercial reasons. They also seem to love pushing him along with hack edgy writers like Urobuchi and Okouchi too. He's like the Sora Amamiya of soundtrack composers at this point.

Susumu hirasawa

I'm almost certain the first one is actually just licensed music (The Thieving Magpie by Rossini if I'm not mistaken) like what happened with Disappearance and Gymnopédie. The second one is some decent mood music, it's just too bad I find this franchise entirely unpalatable.

Nujabes

Makoto Yoshimori.

Sawano is overrated and Kanno steals

good taste

Sawano is more prolific; Kanno is better quality.

Is this a baby's first ost composer thread? The full starter 4 right off the bat.
Not to say that any of them are bad, but there are tons of great composers out there.

>aside from a couple of people anime fans prove yet again that they have extremely bland one dimensional taste
Tell me about it.

>Yoko Kanno is seen in Japan as some unknown anime composer
False Kanno is well known and her work extends far beyond just anime. Japan also knows her for composing music for commercials, this is the only composer whose work is so well known that they literally released albums for the commercial music that she's composed. She's also composes music for live action movies, in addition to videogames, and also gets hired by bands to compse and write music gir them.

I put great Yoko Anno songs into my average Sawano songs folder because he is that good

Sawano has his own style, Kanno has (copies) the style of others.

This.

>this stale meme

Fuck off.

The girl that sings DOA

Nanase Hikaru did some amazing work on Canaan and Requiem for the Phantom's OSTs.

But this whole thread boils down to opinions. People will like what they will.

Ichiko Hashimoto and old Yuki Kajiura albums are excellent. Out of male composers, I'd pick Toshihiko Sahashi and Kenji Kawai.

Kanno, but she's not my favorite.

Sawano is pretty samey, and most of his singers are shit.

Came here to post this.

This.