KLK is a true Gainax successor and will save anime

>KLK is a true Gainax successor and will save anime

Pffffffffffffft.

What a failure of an anime it was. Nowhere near as good as TTGL.

lurk more newfag

They were both terrible so I guess I sort of agree with you

>TTGL
Manime crap for manchildren. Kill la Kill fixed everything that was wrong with TTGL.

TTGL? Not so good.

it's about 2/3 as good

TTGL is garbage
KLK is garbage, but it has cute girls
Therefore KLK > TTGL

KlK is a bit overrated here

If nothing else we can thank KLK for inventing fan service.

>that blush

god im so hot now

>They were both terrible

Wrong.

>Manime crap for manchildren

Wrong.

>TTGL? Not so good.

Wrong.

>TTGL is garbage

Wrong.

Kindly stop posting if you have such a shit taste.

KLK was fun. It's not a masterpiece nor was it trying to be

>being this much of a newfag
Please lurk more or simply just kill yourself.

TTGL is the SAO of the mecha genre

>Kindly stop posting if you have such a shit taste.
You first.

if kill la kill were made by gainax and turned out exactly the same as it is now Sup Forums would lap it up

I fapped to Ryuko enough times so I'm good with the show.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened to Gainax?

>Wrong.
>Wrong.
>Wrong.
>Wrong.

Wrong.

>not Satsuki
>not Nonon

you clearly don't know what's good or not

It was good for a pop culture thing, but nothing more. It wasn't all wayyyyy out there like other series were, not was it progressive. It wasn't stand out good like mushishi, Eva, Zetsubou, panty and stocking, bebop or space dandy. Even soul eater, new Lupin III and Michiko and Hatchin were better.They were good, but only because they had good direction and art aesthetic. I enjoyed re: cutie honey more, since cutie honey seems like it's predecessor, this was more shounen out. Nowhere was it very progressive much. It could have had better music and stuff really.

Trigger will succeed Gainax the day they tang most of the characters at the end of one of their shows.

They weren't even willing to kill off Mako in KlK. They still have a long way to go at not giving a fuck.

>It could have had better music
fucking idiot kill yourself

I've fapped to them too. Just not as much. I'm sucker for the tomboy look/personality.

>thinking KLK was better than TTGL

You can't make up such shit taste.

Trigger is more of a cheap knock off than a successor

TTGL wasn't anything special.

It was a suggestion for direction and progression. Music was good for what it was. Fucking spazz.

>ITT: we try to outbait each other
everyone posting in this thread should kill themselves

you first

>TTGL
>good

Satsuki a best

You're an idiot and a newfag. Fuck off.

>Satsuki a best

Looks like KLKfags are cancerous waifushitters

Why are you trying to make this a meme?

Luluco over both.

I'm just trying to educate tasteless Gainax fags.

>TTGL is the SAO of the mecha genre

Wrong and shit taste.

>You first.

My taste is perfect and so is TTGL.

Wrong.

>You're an idiot and a newfag. Fuck off.

Being buttmad child wont help you fit on Sup Forums. Seeing cancer KLKfag calling someone like me "newfag" is ironic already.

>if kill la kill were made by gainax and turned out exactly the same as it is now Sup Forums would lap it up

It was made by Gainax leftovers and it didn't help it a bit.

>Trigger will succeed Gainax the day they tang most of the characters at the end of one of their shows.
The only decent Trigger's anime is about witches.

KLK was garbage with poor characters, plot, OST, jokes and directing.

If you compare it with TTGL you wont find a single part that is better or at least equally good in KLK.

I enjoyed KLK more than TTGL. The latter didn't have Satsuki.

>TTGL wasn't anything special.

It was and still special. If you are emotionally retarded moeblob fag then yeah, you wouldn't find it "anything special".

>If you compare it with TTGL you wont find a single part that is better or at least equally good in KLK.
I don't know, man. At least Ryuuko had a personality, unlike Simon.

Nah wait; I'll go first because none of you can arse yourselves to do it.

>The latter didn't have Satsuki.

Yeah

It wasnt as good as TTGL. It was far better.

TTGL fans remind me so much of the the fanatics in DMC

Every about what makes TTGL "good" is a fucking accident. you people make Imashi out to be some revolutionary then get disappointed when Kill la Kill doesn't fan the same flame or beat the same dead horse of motivation.

TTGL fans are man children of the highest degree

Neither series is ment to be taken seriously Imashi has yet to make a work that garners any other interpretation other than "I'mma make anime about shit I liked back when i was kid"

All Imashi/Trigger shows are refreshing/attractive in that aspect

Now fuck off you little kids

Simon had personality as much as ryuko did. I don't even think you know what that word means. Take a personality theories psychology class or read it in he dictionary and come back after you realize how silly that statement was.

#facepalm get out

Describe Simon's personality.

Maybe it'd be less shit if they didn't fucking spam DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY every single fucking episode to artificially pump "hype" into every ending and making the times where it'd actually be good to use more significant

Define personality.

Simon basically had a scared childish nature and it changed over time. Ryuko was more of an angry and bitter nature. That's personality there.

I think you meant to say they didn't have a strong appealing nature to you as a viewer or the audience in general.

>Seeing cancer KLKfag calling someone like me "newfag" is ironic already.
Hilarious. You fail to notice the most obvious bait and "memes" that were running around here for years, way before KLK aired and you call others newfags. At least try harder.

One of them didn't have a budget of $10 and had to tween the shit out of everything

>Simon basically had a scared childish nature and it changed over time.
So are you saying Simon lost his only personality trait over time?
I agree, actually.
>Ryuko was more of an angry and bitter nature. That's personality there.
Exactly. No matter what she goes through, she will always be hot tempered and prone to anger. Even if she learned to control it, she will always be hot tempered and prone to anger. That's because its her personality. Without it she wouldn't be Ryuuko.

If you want to get technical you could argue that Simon himself is a reference to personality-less mecha MCs such as Guy (GGG) and Original Getter Robo anime Ryoma.

>I don't know, man. At least Ryuuko had a personality, unlike Simon.

If you say that Simon has no personality, then yeah, you clearly don't know shit. Simon is the most developed character in TTGL and his developing is great. It's really amazing to watch how well written his character is. The majority would say he just became manly and miss like 90% of his character development.
Kamina's death was one of deciding factors but his character development didn't stop after it and this is something amazing. Hell, nowadays characters' development is a haircut change. Simon's character is extremely complex and deep in comparison with new anime.

>bait
>memes

Neo-Sup Forums, everyone. I'm not going to try to talk with a lowlife like you at all, you are obviously new here and also retarded. And I'm not your school teacher or your father to educate you, kid.

Great thread OP

I'm not really into the whole waifu thing. Never have. I just really like Satsuki as a character.

Truly.

>145785827 ummm... Not exactly really... What I meant was Simon being timid is a personality there also. Sorry; my grammar was off.

But as for him losing it; basically if you want to look at a science/psych perspective; basically; you could say he became conditioned to project a different nature over time. He didn't lose his only natural trait; just adopted or picked up another one.

There really isn't such hing as abstract construct as "personality" is what I've been trying to say. It's just a social construct; it's not really there. It's just there to describe what's infront of you; that's it. It's not a big deal yo.

>Nowhere near as good as TTGL.
TTGL was an over rated little shit, literally second half was complete shit.
Specially after Kamina died, after that it stopped being fun.

It's fun and it has satsuki and her ass is divine

manime is not any better than moeblob. Both are equally cancerous.

Also everybodyy has already forgotten ttgl, guess it wasn't really that significant after all. Just dumbed down mecha show.

The first episode was great, confrontation with Satsuki in episode 3 reinforced my hopes, it all went downhill from there.

They kept quoting Orwell half the show, never built the world into a dystopia. Instead they went for the evil alien clothes twist.

>They kept quoting Orwell half the show, never built the world into a dystopia. Instead they went for the evil alien clothes twist.
Things you say may be too complex for the average Sup Forums poster who likes KLK now.

I feel really good with the fact that there are a lot of people who dislike both klk and ttgl :)
Thanks Sup Forums.

b8 plz git gud m80

Nobody wanted klk to be the same, people wanted it to be just as good.

This, Trigger needs the balls to kill characters off.

>Kill la Kill fixed everything that was wrong with TTGL.
Underrated comment.

Luluco was the only one I could rest easy with

There is nothing "cancerous" about TTGL and it was never about mecha. Your post just indicates your stupidity as well as your poor attempt to fit in. You can't forget something that you never discussed and probably never watched with Sup Forums. But don't worry, some people are still here to remember how it was before "cancer" like you flooded in.

Simon wasn't bad, but Ryuuko had much more going for her, like (albeit stereotypical) motivation, interaction with a wider variety of people, and she even became the bad guy for a bit there. And most of the TTGL characters fall flat compared to KLK characters.

>he doesn't understand jokes

>it was never about mecha
Said everyone about every mecha ever. TTGL was ABSOLUTELY about mecha. It's one of the most mecha mecha shows there is.

i hate that mako bitch . she made the whole anime shit . it would've been better without her

It was good, it just wasn't TTGL good.

So you are basically admitting to being anti-character development.
You are the cancer in anime.

It's better.

>she even became the bad guy
This would mean something if she changed her mind/lost her way. Nope, was just magical brainwashing.

There's a difference between characterization and character development.

Simon had character development (albeit very little), but he had no proper characterization. After episode 11, he had no character defining traits whatsoever.
Ryuuko had good characterization, and a lot of weird, awkward character development.

I will admit, however, that I much prefer characterization over character development, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

Yea, right, it was about never givin up, naruto

This desu

Mako single handedly dragged down the entire show

>Simon wasn't bad, but Ryuuko had much more going for her, like (albeit stereotypical) motivation, interaction with a wider variety of people, and she even became the bad guy for a bit there. And most of the TTGL characters fall flat compared to KLK characters.

She had absolutely no motivation other than "muh daddy". All KLK characters are flat as fucking paper.

What do all 3 have in common?

This theatrical shit.

Sure hope witch academia doesn't wind up like this.

I imagine Simon was designed to be quiet and meek to help the viewer self-insert with the character more.
Nothing wrong with telling a simple story as long as you can make it good.

How the fuck did we go from Evangelion to this?

I don't know but I sure am glad that we did.

Saying Ryuuko had good characterization is very subjective, and personally I strongly disagree. What she did have was very definitive characterization as you pointed out. Definitive characterization is not always (and very rarely) good characterization, because it means characters are not growing, changing, or learning based on the events of the show.

This is why I didn't think KLK was a very good show. However, as mindless entertainment, I enjoyed it and would give it a decent rating in that context.

To say Simon had no proper characterization shows that you might not know what characterization means, take a minute to look it up. He had proper characterization, however, in contrast to Ryuuko, it was less direct and less definitive. This doesn't make it worse. In fact, I'd argue it makes it much more interesting and well designed.

I enjoyed KLK significantly more than TTGL, probably because I watched the former while it aired.

"Wearing Senketsu" and all that entails becomes Ryuko's actual motivation from like the third episode on and slowly beats out avenging her dad, especially when the truth bombs actually hit.

I'm not. Evangelion wasn't perfect by any means but it's still leagues ahead of trash like TTGL and KLK

>TTGL
>trash

Retard.

Except for JoJo.

I like your taste

I wouldn't necessarily call TTGL and KLK trash, but I feel like Gainax's period from 1987-1997 was it's peak. Everything they've made since has paled in comparison.

Honneamise is boring

You are leaving flcl out. I hope that isn't on purpose.

>He had proper characterization, however, in contrast to Ryuuko, it was less direct and less definitive. This doesn't make it worse. In fact, I'd argue it makes it much more interesting and well designed.
Then explain his character

At what point in the series? Or would you like me to hand hold you through the entirety of his evolution throughout the series?