What's a good vehicle to own, keeping the potential civil war in mind

>inb4 slide thread.
This isn't a slide thread I assure you this is merely a thread for opinions on a good vehicle in case of a societal collapse.
I'm thinking a 4x4 pickup or a 4 door wrangler to start. I'm in the market to buy a new vehicle and these are my first thoughts. I live in a state with a winter season so the 4x4 will be helpful here, but I'm also keeping an eye on a worst case scenario situation where my vehicle could potentially save me and my family's life.
Advice is appreciated.
Beyond this, feel free to use this thread as a place in which we can discuss all manner of "survival" ideas. I'd suggest we keep it limited to the "small stuff" people can do to prepare for a bad situation in the short term.
For me this includes keeping no less than 1,000 rounds of ammunition available for all of my firearms.
It also includes having several bottles of vodka in my house at all times.
>bullets and alcohol are good trade goods in a bad situation.
I have also kept my cupboards stocked to the max with canned foods and dry foods.
>my cupboards are 100% full with cans and dry food boxes and when I eat anything I replace it to 100% during my Sunday shopping.
Beyond this, other basic steps people can take should be shared. Feel free to discuss here, I'm not just sharing my ideas I'm looking for some good stuff to do for myself.

No

Take it to /o/ or /k/. You'll probably get meme'd on harder over on /o/ though.

actually I just read your post more thoroughly, definitely take it to /k/. They'll actually open up a conversation with you about getting innawoods.

Don't go with Ford, look up the (((Ford Foundation))). I don't think old man Ford was too bad, just kinda dumb. His grandchildren and great grandchildren are Soros tier.

Don't go with GM (government motors)

I guess Chrysler was bailed out a long time ago, but GM was still more recent so go with a Dodge Ram. I know, American truck are best, but honestly asian trucks are getting pretty good in the 1500 bracket so those are an option. American manufactures are just becoming so fucking communist it's not even funny.

Really, you'll be just fine if you're in a rural area and have a strong back to work for food, grow, or hunt. Then you wouldn't have to be on the run anyways, but rather defend.

>V6
>truck
Pick only one

found the antifa commie

That's not really what I'm looking to do atm. I'm saving to purchase land in a more rural area but I'm still saving. I won't use a jewmortgage if I can help it. That's why I made this thread, pol is pretty wise when we're not pissing on each other or the left so I'm seeing what good ideas I can mine.
Im serious about the vehicle suggestions too, I'm in the market and I'm curious what people think.

Trips of truth

the best ofc

I appreciate the advice, but I'll clarify something for you friend. Ford foundation has nothing to do with Ford motor company. They haven't been connected for over 40 years.
That said I appreciate the thoughts, I do.

Toyota Yaris

Buy an older reliable truck without all of the technology bs that modern trucks have. This will improve your independence from the ever increasing difficulty of repairing one of these vehicles.

You will have to put some work into it but it will be worth it if shtf.

>why can't I hold all these keks?!

Ok, maybe I just jumped the gun. Who runs it now though? I would like to study it more if you wouldn't mind sharing some info.

This, get an older 7.3 excursion or f250, you'll be set.

if you're driving around when society has collapsed you're a dead man, bug in and get years worth of food and water and a bug out INCH BAG with a 9mm pistol M4A1 and water survival 3d mesh ghillie suit

Pre 2008 Toyota 4runner. Basically most shit before Obamas presidency.

This is actually something I'm considering. I do my own auto work so it's not out of the question. It's good to see I'm not crazy and that other people think like me.
Hence why I made the thread.

I'm going with a Yamaha WR250R. It can go pretty much anywhere on or off-road and in the meantime it gets 70mph, needs very little maintenance and insurance is like $100 a year.

Probably Jews desu.
Ford mo co is still owned by the grandkids though. Can only dream that Henry Ford's wisdom about Jews and the banking system were passed on through the generations.

A minivan.
They have the highest safety ratings, and theres space between the seats and the inner walls of the vehicle, allowing for metal plates to be inserted down the length of the vehicle. This would also not stop th sliding doors from opening which would allow return fire from the side of the vehicle while being protected by the metal plates

This. Anything past 2000 is ladden with electronics and that will be impossible to replace in SHTF situation or EMP strike or a massive coronal discharge hitting the Earth and frying all the electronics.

Nice. I recommend decking it out with sliding doors on both sides.

This is the crazy kind of thinking I appreciate. Thanks.

Toyota truck.

As far as land, look for areas that aren't extremely prone to prolonged periods of drought, and have some kind of larger wildlife presence in the area. Hog or Deer ideally.
Get a rifle in either 30-06, .270, or .308, as these are the most common hunting rounds used in the U.S. These rounds are big enough to kill the bigger game mentioned above. Having a .22 on hand isn't bad because .22 is plentiful and rabbits/critters are still good meat.
Look into rainwater collection and natural (non chemical or overly complicated) methods of water purification.
Learn to preserve meat, try making your own jerky. Venison jerky is delicious.
Have a lot of survival guide-like material printed, never know when technology will fail you.
As for the vehicle, i don't know man. My old Chevy lasted me a long while, my Ford was good while I had it. Toyota is good as it's easy to work on and pretty reliable, but older models are very prone to rust. Not sure about the newer ones. That's all I've really got offhand on survival.

mine has it on both sides

honestly, the 22re toyotas are beasts and really do last for fucking ever

I live in the Great lakes region so plenty of fresh water and endless amounts of deer.
That said, I plan to first buy the land and start living there, roughing it, during the weekends and begin building a house with my own skills and knowledge in time.

Get a vehicle you are able to repair, and for which you can obtain parts or make parts.

it also has a rear camera, which wouldn't be hard to replicate so you could have a front facing one or four, eliminating the need to see out the windshields in the front or back

Damn that truck is an abomination. Why are American vehicles looking more and more like hot wheels every year?

Ford F 250 4x2 with plow attachment and roll cage. Cheap, reliable. 4x4 is added maintenance.

Where the fuck do all of you bug out idiots plan on driving to? How about this....buy what you can afford, gets your ass to work, and does so in the most efficient way possible. Don't be some try hard in a jacked up hurdurr EEE EMMM PEE PROOFS DIESEL 7.6 LITER RUNS ON ANYTHING FROM COOKING OIL TO FROG PISS.

massive trucks are not good for a civil war. shit gas milage, huge hitbox for rpgs, stand out, loud....and wide (ill get to this)

Personally id take something like a crosstrek, its small low and gets great milage, it doesnt stand out as a threat when seen....it can handle light off road ability and is narrow enough to navigate roadblocks and offroad through deer trails if needed. wide trucks suck offroading unless your on a trimmed and maintained 4x4 path....a small and narrow 4x4 will be able to take trails that are choked with trees and avoid other traffic.

Now if you plan on participating in that war id just get a semi truck without the trailer and go hog wild.

ISIS recommends Toyota trucks in their SHTF activities.

The Beast once Trump tosses it out.

In case of a massive evacuation you will be stuck in traffic for hours with very frantic, pissed off people, and no law enforcement to protect you. Survival will depend on leaving civilization as quickly as possible though impassible roads, or makeshift roads. Nothing is better than a dirt bike in that case.

>Where the fuck do all of you bug out idiots plan on driving to? How about this....buy what you can afford, gets your ass to work, and does so in the most efficient way possible.
I can't agree with this advice...
>EEE EMMM PEE PROOFS DIESEL 7.6 LITER RUNS ON ANYTHING FROM COOKING OIL TO FROG PISS.
Now this I can agree with. Thanks user.

This, ie. an old Toyota truck. If you get a hot wheelz like OPs pic youre going to have it break down all the time.

My shitbox can climb mountains and get very good fuel economy.
It's easy to fix and it'a still used on italian mountain roads by a good number of shepherds.

H1 always

Full size truck useful for about a day until you run out of gas.

Truth. I'm not in a big city though, a decent 4x4 could make it out of my area and into the country by driving through backyards in a half hour or so.

A 4x4 tractor. If you have plow and other attachments, even better

so basically what car i'm gonna steal first. thnx user!

White Toyota Tacoma. Good enough for IsIs good enough for me.

I would reinforce the oxygen tank.

Always buy a bigger truck than you think you need.

You know

Polaris Ranger 4 seater

dodge arn't the cheapest trucks in all americans for no reason theyre shit and theyre elitrical system are fucking garbage.

toyota heliuxs aka tacoma in north america have been one of the most solid platform and pickup in over 40 years.

I do love my utvs

>>inb4 slide thread.
>This isn't a slide thread I assure you this is merely a thread for opinions on a good vehicle in case of a societal collapse.
>I'm thinking a 4x4 pickup or a 4 door wrangler to start. I'm in the market to buy a new vehicle and these are my first thoughts. I live in a state with a winter season so the 4x4 will be helpful here, but I'm also keeping an eye on a worst case scenario situation where my vehicle could potentially save me and my family's life.
>Advice is appreciated.
>Beyond this, feel free to use this thread as a place in which we can discuss all manner of "survival" ideas. I'd suggest we keep it limited to the "small stuff" people can do to prepare for a bad situation in the short term.
>For me this includes keeping no less than 1,000 rounds of ammunition available for all of my firearms.
>It also includes having several bottles of vodka in my house at all times.
>>bullets and alcohol are good trade goods in a bad situation.
>I have also kept my cupboards stocked to the max with canned foods and dry foods.
>>my cupboards are 100% full with cans and dry food boxes and when I eat anything I replace it to 100% during my Sunday shopping.
>Beyond this, other basic steps people can take should be shared. Feel free to discuss here, I'm not just sharing my ideas I'm looking for some good stuff to do for myself.
Houstonian here.
Must be 4x4.
Lift it if you have the money.
Ford is the only American truck I would get. A Lot of Fords were driving around in the flood waters.
Toyota or Nissan as far as imports.
Get a second set of dedicated mud tires. All terrains are for short cutting mown fields. Not going off road. I can go through far more difficult terrain on MTs than on ATs.