25 episode anime

>25 episode anime
>50% of it is just filler

For what purpose? Why not use the other half of the budget to improve all the horrible still backgrounds in the other 12-13 episodes?

Filler how? It had no source material.

Episodes that literally didn't advance the story and ended in status quo, as if the episode never existed?

Idiot

The only blatant filler episode was Episode 4, which is still among the best episodes of the series because of how goddamn funny it was. What you're calling "filler" is actually the bad pacing it had in the middle.

That's not what filler means

Two seasons means two moneys.

Kill la Kill is one of the best examples of anime that literally killed themselves by having a terrible second half

Why do people keep saying this? It got even more extreme in the second half which is a good thing. Episode 18 is probably the best in the series, fast nonstop action with the entire cast, the only thing that rivals it in intensity is the first.

The entire plot fell apart by episode 12 and went from ok to bad, all the fun characters turned into generic shonen benchwarmers after this point, and that was left was ryuko being fucking retarded. It was overhyped and it never lived up to it.

Economist here, can confirm.

>all the fun characters turned into generic shonen benchwarmers
They were always generic characters being pushed over the top, user. Part of what makes them special is how extreme they are. But I do agree all of them turned into benchwarmers the moment Ryuuko found out she's a hybrid; worst part being the final battle in space (which is a huge joke on its own. When you think about it it's brilliant because KLK is a parody, but at that point I can understand fans saying it crossed the line).

I was going to take the bait but I cant be bothered.

Still good try OP

The problem is the show fell into the exact same tropes it parodied. And the Elite 4 all becoming benchwarmers was a sin because they were way more developed and interesting characters than ryuko or mako ever were. In the end the show just become a bunch of flashy Hollywood action spectacles that trigger always throws at us, but with Kill la Kill we expected more than just Inferno Cop goofiness packaged with more budget.

But the first like 7 episodes are actually the terrible part of KLK

What? Kill la Kill had one of the best first episodes in anime history, episode 4 was great comedy, episode 3 had the best Ryuuko vs Satsuki fight, and episode 7 had a great development for Mako's family. You're shitting me

Yes it literally is. Kiddo.

Eh, KLK is pretty shit.

>Episode 7 had great development for Mako's family

You mean the """""DEVELOPMENT""""" that is mentioned ONCE in episode 8, and doesn't change anything whatsoever? The family never mentions it again, they act just like they did before it. Where is that """""""DEVELOPMENT"""""" you're talking about, faggot?

The first 7 episodes were the best because the show actually had promise then. The later eps were all the same tired bullshit, dropped plot points and disappointment culminating in a really boring ending.

Who are these "we" you speak of? It seems like a lot of people expected the wrong things from KLK. Those who keep comparing it to TTGL are the worst of the bunch, because most of the time it's all they compare it to, unaware of older anime and creator's homage I hate typing this but all of Imaishi's works are pretty much the same, and they all have glaring flaws, but they're packed with so much character and style it makes up for it.

And again I agree with you that they crossed the line of parody somewhere in the later parts of the show, but I think it was still fun regardless

>Kiddo
Hi, Reddit!

I thought ep4 was a stylistic throwback to TTGL ep4

Kill yourself faggot

Considering they look nothing alike, I have no idea why you would think that.

Maybe it was a throwback, still doesn't make it good.