Why the fuck does text keep appearing for like half a second? Am I seriously supposed to rewind...

Why the fuck does text keep appearing for like half a second? Am I seriously supposed to rewind, pause at the right moment, and read it?

There was an entire short story at the beginning of episode 2 that I had to pause and go frame by frame to read it.

Is this art?

> Is this art?
Yes

You're supposed to read it, user.

>Why the fuck does text keep appearing for like half a second?
because shaft is a very pretentious studio
Am I seriously supposed to rewind, pause at the right moment, and read it?
no
>There was an entire short story at the beginning of episode 2 that I had to pause and go frame by frame to read it.
that's very autistic of you user
>is this art?
no

They're excerpts from the light novel that didn't make the cut, I thought it was an artsy way of giving a nod to the original work. You don't have to read it, it's more fanservice for readers of the LN.

git gud

They're thoughts that pop in arararagis head.
Every shaft fan loves em.

Only newfags with

Stylistic decision by SHAFT, you should have realized this by now OP. Ignore , while there's some interesting tidbits that pop up in the flashes, it's generally better to rewatch it and pause for the text then.

what if it's not made by shaft

Then monogatari as a whole would be incredibly different, for better or worse.

Just read what you can as it flashes by. If you want to pause for them, then do a rewatch.

It's just there to make plebs think it's deep.

2deep4u

>Monogatari made by KyoAni
>Monogatari made by A1
>Monogatari made by Toei

This, practice reading faster OP

>>Monogatari made by Toei

Why are people so autistic about the text in monogatari? I didn't even question it when I first saw it, although I knew nothing of the series. It's obvious you don't need to read it when it's that fast, it's just a stylistic choice.

reading is for faggots, therefore it's optional

I used to think you were expected to read it but there's this one slide in SS that's literally like 2 paragraphs long and on screen for a second so I just gave up after that.

They're mostly just short excerpts from the novels, it's not like you have to read all of it.
It's a stylistic thing, a different way to handle transitions.
Stopping the video all the time like that sounds extremely monotonous.

You really thought a show was supposed to be paused every transition?

>His video player can't go frame by frame

SHAFT doesn't know how to adapt things.

No idiot, no one is expecting you to remind and read it. Do you seriously need to be told this?

Obvious things aren't obvious to those who lack common sense, apparently.

Is it just a language barrier issue?

I imagine it's easier to comprehend a quick message with kanji then English.

Oh neat, another monogatari bait thread

The sperg in me decided to let it pass without pausing to read it because that's how it was have intended to be when it was airing. Maybe our subconscious catches it and affects the experience.

Such is art.

>was have
T-time to go to bed.

>Why the fuck does text keep appearing for like half a second? Am I seriously supposed to rewind, pause at the right moment, and read it?
>he has to pause to read a single word
ESLs are hilarious.

No, not really.

>Implying OP isn't a streamfag considering how retarded he already seems

>slow reader

Children aren't supposed to visit this site.

> It's obvious you don't need to read

The dialogues are delivered with the sound of human actors in a language that is meant to be heard and understood by a Japanese audience , even if it's that fast.

That fact that you are clueless about what they're saying has nothing to do with any stylistic choice from the auteur-wannabe director.
The only one autistic about this is you.

>Monogatari made by KyoAni
To think, it could actually be good.

Fuck off, KyoAnus fag. It would be absolutely terrible with the given writing style.

>wanting monogatari to be another moeblob shit

like it or not, at least it had a semblance of personality.

Shinpoo is the most overrated tryhard faggot, but at least his style is somewhat recognizable. KyoAnus would just turn it into something with over-animated hairs, grown up characters having autistic child-like dialogues and insipid direction.

meant for this

It's just for stylistic reasons. It's SHAFT, the only way they can make people pay attention to them is to flash colours and/or text in their face.

>Monogatari isn't already moeblob shit

That's the style it was presented. You can just ignore it or speed read it.

>Is this art?
This is my favorite part of your post

You know you can fit more kanji than English on screen, right

How long have I waited, I can almost die happy

if you cannot read kanji,get the fuck out

I did pause it.

>Is this art?

Yes, yes it is

>Am I seriously supposed to rewind, pause at the right moment, and read it?
Yes, read all of it just like I did, always have your finger on the spacebar ready to pause.

>Kyoani
Monogatari is basically Shaft's version of Haruhi.

It's their way of disguising how shitty their budget is.

Monogatari's more popular than Garuhi though

>Am I seriously supposed to rewind, pause at the right moment, and read it?
If you wish to, yes. The reason it goes so fast is so that it's there for people who want to read it, but doesn't bother people who don't.