Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNtqywa7ASM
youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A Silent Voice (2016 dir. Yamada Naoko)

Pic not related.

Why didn't you like it?

Too bad the "sequel" looks like drippy cat shit

Oh I've been meaning to watch this forever.

Overused word as fuck, but it was pretentious as all hell, there is a difference between artistic pacing and bad pacing, characters were non-existent and the whole movie is utterly pointless and aimless.

Do it now. Drop what you're doing and put it on, it's fucking fantastic.

I gotta work but tonight user, for you.

As the other guy said, it's pretentious. I don't give a fuck about the actual definition of pretentious but you know damn well what I mean.

Anime kino

If you have a "favourite" anime, you should consider killing yourself. Having a "favourite" piece of any certain medium of art is a fallacy in itself. A true connoisseur of art knows that your mind shouldn't be clouded with bias, and that bias being a favourite that every other piece of art has to live up to to be considered enjoyable. And of course, you're gonna deny this by saying "but I can still objectively tell if a show is good, even if I don't think it's as good as my favourite", but that's wrong. Subconsciously you're comparing the piece of art at hand to that very favourite, thus getting a completely different and wrong angle to rate that piece of art.

In short: get out of Sup Forums.

You know this is right

Shut the fuck up.

Anime kino is closer to art shit like Mirai Mizue if we're going by the actual Dziga Vertov definition.

You're the first one to say favorite in the whole thread you flacid retard

Who has talked about favourite anime? Thread is Best Anime FilmS.

Art criticism is fallacious and you should just follow your heart.

Is this a new pasta? I know I've been gone for a week or two.

Also Sword of the Stranger is a great film.

I thought it was super boring and I think it's only popular because of nice fights.

We're going by the meme definition from Sup Forums

>wings of hom..yawn

>DYRL
>flick

>Metropolis
it was shit

>whole section for Hara with no Shin-chan
Shit list.

>Gainax
>No End of Eva

bleachfag overshadow good anime and manga threads i'll bump your thread op with power of Tomoko.

I don't know what this word means but I'll use it anyway so I can fit in

Cencoroll 2 never

What is this?

>Only Yesterday
>not Kinography

Princess Kaguya > Akira > Nausicaa > Your Name

Everything else is shit.

>le funny brexit meme men
kys

Did you start watching anime yesterday?

>le

off to pleddit you go

Kaguya-hime

>paprika
>jin-roh
>good
Back to your containment site, pretentious hipster scum.

Everytime I see "mamoru" I am reminded by how much I miss 80-90's anime movies.

>Honneamise better than Only Yesterday
Go fuck yourself

Not him but by most standards it's a pretty boring movie. I recognize its good qualities, sure, but there's a ton I consider better.

>cinema

anyone that uses this term should be taken out back and shot

What's your favourite anime kino user?

>Wicked City
Shit list, That was a fucking horrible film, I'd rather watch hentai at that point.

I bought paprika on blu-ray recently, having good memories of it as a teenager.

Watching it now, it's shit

>no EoE
Shit list

Piss off shinji. Gon could smack your pussy-ass up.

End of Eva has prerequisites.

Still a movie

Bump

my favorite

Someone make a new thread please

Boku no Pico

Really good but I think Yuasa's gotten a lot better since then. I'm extremely excited for the three new movies in production at his new studio.

Ay, all of my faves are in there.

Oh shit I didn't know that. Now I have something to look forward to

The film's message is obfuscated in an attempt to make it's sanctimonious self aggrandizing more palatable. In the end it just makes it even more annoying.
>oshii is the pure little girl that dindu nuffin wrong and Jesus is a dick that unilaterally let him down

>the film's message
Stopped reading there.

>I don't give a fuck about the actual definition of pretentious but you know damn well what I mean.

Kill

Your

Self

>it's an user watches a message movie then gets upset when people talk about its message episode
You should have saved yourself the time and not only not read my post but not watched the film in the first place.

I don't see the problem.

You mean the movie that replaced a unique tv ending with a generic Go Nagai manga ending? Only thing about EoE that was unique was it was the second animated thing to have such an Ending, the first being Ideon

>going off the opinion of a pre-WWII Soviet propagandist documentary-maker as a basis for film theory

Better Oshii movie coming through.

10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=GNtqywa7ASM

K I N O
I
N
O

seriously it's great

He coined the term though

yeah and Jean Rouch coined the term cinema verite, doesn't make the concept any less retarded

voices of a distant star isnt even on this shit list.

He's cool, if not a bit one note. That kinda thing has limited appeal.

It's not really that retarded. Basic idea is to make movies emphasizing the elements unique to cinema. I've seen people here go on about vague shit like "taking advantage of the medium" which is the same shit as far as I understand.

>emphasizing the elements unique to cinema
so editing and camera movement? The latter isn't really present in anime and the only example of really intellectual associative or tonally provocative editing I've seen is Serial Experiments Lain, otherwise editing is rarely used in anime in a manner other than serviceable. i know it's a meme but honestly anime is a shitty medium for experimental techniques like those that Vertov described, it's a moot point

Interstella 5555. Favourite film of all time.

Post cinegrids lads

This is so fuckin good

millenium actress was pretty boring

Is madoka kino?

Vertov was all about removing aspects of theatre or literature. No sets, no actors, no script. Pure cinema, absolute kinography. Animation's different from live action film. Something like fits the bill whereas Lain wouldn't. Is it better or more valuable than commercial, narrative driven anime? Of course not, but it operates on the same principles as an experimental film like Man with a Movie Camera. Pure, absolute animation.

>movie is boring
Helo pleb

Not nipon but holy shit I was crying in the end

What did Sup Forums think of Night on the Galactic Railroad?

I have my reservations but it really is very cool. Saw it in theatres. Have you seen the Sensualist? I hear it's similar.

I prefer quicker movies and I'm not fond of the character designs but I can easily recognize how great it is. Easy to recommend.

I adored this movie.

And Sword of the Stranger.

Oshii hates that movie.

Well thank god editing and camera are not the elements unique to animation

Angel's Egg is not about the message, the allegory or what it all means. Like Tarkovsky, it's all about how it makes you feel. The film is like your worst possible nightmare brought to life that's meant to trigger your subconscious fears and desires to create your very own personal experience. Oshii's analysis of it is just his perspective.

Good shit lad

youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24

Looks bland. Hosoda is shit tier

>Is it better or more valuable than commercial, narrative driven anime?
I'd say so. I mean I love stuff like Ping Pong and Hyouka but fuck man Wonder is something I can come back to anytime.

Oretty sure I'm the only one who thinks so but it's the perfect action movie.

7/10
Hitman movie
Also is Golgo 13 form 2008 good?

Well compared to the rest of industry he is pretty good

To each their own I guess. That kinda thing doesn't really interest me as a work of art. Ditto for its parallels in other art forms.

Had some nice fights but the rest kinda sucked.

>93 replies
>No Disappearance

Because it's simply not up there among the best.

Vertov is clearly closer to "Cinema pur" than "Absolute film". He cares more about cinema as an independent art-form than crafting a medium as a completely formless means of expression, if you catch my drift. More of a Rene Clair than a Walter Ruttmann. This much is evident in the fact that he worked in documentaries rather than animation.

Get out.

>implying

>GitS: Arise

Shit list