Amazon Is Cancer

For every 10,000 jobs Amazon creates, they kill 330,000 in the retail industry.

In a truly capitalist free market, a monopoly can't form with out government intervention. Amazon used government subsidies to bankrupt the US Postal Service. Amazon is a monopoly and it is decimating the US economy. With the automated systems they have in place and coming in the near future, our next generation won't even get a chance work a minimum wage job or experience any sort of economic freedom. They will be like hamsters living in a cage owned by their master, Jeff Bezos.

Why are we letting this monopoly silently destroy our local economies and kill what's left of the American dream? Why are we voluntarily domesticating ourselves into becoming pets for monopolistic corporations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2auI6Uz3D8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What're you gonna do about it? If it's anything short of pick up a gun and go kill him and his board of directors then you're not going to accomplish anything. You're complaining about deep-seated issues that cannot conceivably be fixed without violence.

It's happening.

You're saying they couldnt have fucked over USPS in some other way? I'm not extremely well versed in libertarian economics but I fail to see how truly free markets avoid monopolies.

Send it up to the God Emperor. Spread the word. Amazon is Cancer.

Trump on (((Bezos)))-
"He thinks I'll go after him for antitrust," Trump said at the time. "Because he's got a huge antitrust problem because he's controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing.

"He's using the Washington Post, which is peanuts, he's using that for political purposes to save Amazon in terms of taxes and in terms of antitrust."

Trump’s campaign later reiterated this narrative in a statement claiming that the Post was being used as political leverage so Amazon doesn’t “get sued for monopolistic tendencies that have led to the destruction of department stores and the retail industry.”

all the monopolies MUST BE SMASHED

Amazon got paid to rape USPS with their aids infected cock giving them an advantage over all the competition. We pay $10 to ship a package, they pay a fraction of that using our own tax dollars.

>In a truly capitalist free market, a monopoly can't form with out government intervention.
wrong

This. Also, Amazon isn't even profitable. It's about time all those tax loopholes and scams they enjoy get shut down and that USPS sweetheart deal. Lets see Scamazon stock then when it's an even playing field.

Obviously the solution here is to import millions of unskilled third-worlders.

If the amount of jobs available in our country is decreasing, we obviously can't lower our population growth!

Merkel's logic

I don't know where you live user but around here Walmart killed local retail a long time ago. That ship has sailed.

If anything, Amazon is a step up. Quality is higher thanks to their rating system. You can search for rare made in tbe US merchandise. Vendors aren't squeezed to death to cut costs.

Why would you want to keep horrible jobs that make people want to kill themselves?
I say automate everything if you can. Our days of being enslaved by money are nearing an end.

Ever try ordering from Amazon pantry? It's a lot cheaper to order that shit off Walmart, and yea, Walmart has a website too, you can find the same household junk you use everyday on both sites.
You watched star trek a little too much as a kid I take it? maybe if he had unlimited energy sources for cheap and replicators.

>wrong
He is right. There are no natural monopolies.

delet this

>amazon
>not profitable

At least know what you're talking about before you spout retarded shit. Just because it's less profitable than expected doesn't mean its not profitable

So our solution to Walmart was to enable an even bigger, more destructive version it?

And Amazon is know to squeeze vendors. Not only do they squeeze vendors, they kill them off by replicating the competition's product to produce their own in-house product lines.

Amazon delivers better prices and better service. Amazon uses its profits to invest in its own infrastructure and expansion, like a fleet of fucking 767s. It is textbook fucking capitalism like you'd see in Elmer Fudd cartoons.
youtube.com/watch?v=2auI6Uz3D8I

Specialization of labor is the primary principle which drives increases of wealth. The problem is that the economy is too burdened with inflationary monetary policy. Prices need to go down, but the government only allows them to go up. Amazon is not to blame for this mess, they are simply the most robust business in the prevailing mediocre environment.

I thought the Post Office typically ran at a profit on the money charged for their deliveries.

Bust the trusts.

He is correct in that their retail operations are not very profitable for the most part. They make up for it in their cloud services, data collection, and other acquired entities.

Waaaaa you fucking nigger, and Ford killed the horse drawn carriage.

We still use local grocery and Walmart for food.

But more and more of the rest is coming from Amazon. Walmart sells junk. Target sells junk marked up to repel Walmart shoppers. Amazon sells junk, but it also sells quality stuff you can't find at Walmart, Target, or Home Depit. It's just not there. The rating system is good for sifting through the junk anyhow.

>Says Amazon is anti-capitalist
>Amazon is literally a shining beacon of successful, expansive capitalism

Better prices while failing to be profitable in their retail operations...

Better services provided at the expense of the tax payer....

Every business uses profits to invest in its own infrastructure and expansion... thats how all businesses work...

Amazon just cheats. They are the best cheaters, that's for sure.

Worked for amazon for 6 years. What is going to kill them is that they don't inspect what comes into the warehouses. Fake products are running rampant, I wouldn't be surprised if drugs were shipping in and out of the wareshouses as well.

>Walmart sells junk
Wrong
>Target sells junk marked up to repel Walmart shoppers
stupid opinionated response
>Amazon sells junk
yes
>but it also sells quality stuff you can't find
wrong
>The rating system is good for sifting through the junk anyhow
stupid opinionated answer,and ignores that almost all other retail sites have rating systems

I actually have a small business of selling stuff on Amazon. Mostly books. Amazon takes around 15% of the total sales price in commissions. So I do support Amazon as a sales platform, and I do realize I am being a hypocrite in some ways by attacking Amazon.

A lot of the products on Amazon aren't sold directly by Amazon, they are sold by other companies- who then pay a commission.

The US government is supposed to smash and reorganize monopolies into competing companies for the good of the US economy and jobs. And Amazon is like those cartoons of the Octopus monopoly company taking over everything around them. Amazon does have business tactics that destroy local businesses- like pricing products under the cost of manufacture, automation, and depending on government subsidies. Amazon has never really been a profitable business- its highly dependent on the government and the investors.

When the next crash happens. I wouldn't mind if Amazon was split up. I don't want Jeff Bezos having his hands in the food or pharmaceuticals industry. Get him out of Whole Foods.

I've been paying taxes on Amazon all year. It's your fucking state that has to twist their arm.

You're a luddite. Fewer people doing the same or more work is ALWAYS better in the long run. The normal course of industrialization produces deflation, as the ratio of productive output per unit cost increases. However our monetary system arranges central banks as the font of new currency bought with cheap credit. The gains produced by higher productivity are devoured, and exceeded, by this scheme which drives inflation up while economic efficiency drives down demand for labor. The net result is higher cost of living in the face of wage stagnation. This eventually results in a deflationary spiral, which the government tries to contain by issuing banks free money (or bonds which are close to that) to cover the gaps in their ledgers. The government today is out of options to contain insolvency, and cannot afford to contain inflation by raising interest rates. The dollar itself is at risk in the next recession (but by the way, the 2008 recession never actually ended once you adjust GDP by common sense definitions of inflation).

You're a fucking retard.

KYS, then you'll be liberated

You realize if the sweetheart deal with the USPS dries up they're fucked? That's why they're pushing their own shipping company slowly. Their cloud services pulled a bit of a profit, but overall its lackluster. Lets see Amazon try to do a better job than other shippers who were in the game for decades, it's not going to happen.
I've gotten stupid products off Amazon with great verified purchases reviews, turns out the reviews were all bullshit. Order one superior version of a product, get another cheaper version, advertised by the seller as superior, just complain, they usually credit the money back.
You're an idiot, they get a nice break from the USPS, otherwise they'd be fucked. That's why the fed raised rates the last few meetings, oh ok. Even Yellen was making excuses.
>The Fed's preferred measure of inflation has retreated further from its 2 percent target rate for much of the year andcurrently stands at 1.3 percent. However, Fed Chair Janet Yellen has also said she still expects inflation to rebound and the central bank appears on course to raise interest rates again in December.

Dealing with unhelpful niggers working at shitty mall stores that are perpetually out of whatever you went there to buy is not the American dream.

You wrote an idiotic post, so it got eviscerated. Probably a losertarian, aren't ya

bump

Ford is a terrible comparison to Bezos. The automotive industry benefited the economy in so many incredible ways. It created millions of jobs, improved the circulation of money, spawned the creation and growth of countless related industries.

What has Amazon done? Kill entire industries, communities, jobs and sell cheap shit?

Yep - I heard from a logistics industry insider that Amazon is absolutely raping the public with it's 'deal' with USPS. He said that Apple and others rape private carriers since they provide so much of the freight %, but nowhere near what Amazon is getting. PS, that was in 2008. Then there's the tax sheltering bullshit that it got away with for years. Basically net companies getting away with breaking rules that everybody else has to play by

i hear ya, it sucks because they end up just taking money from the supplier so nothing really gets done about it

>retail industry jobs

not much of a loss desu

Go shop at Walmart and buy junk then fuck.

I'll spend a little more and buy quality tools from Amazon thank you very much.

Government sources of inflation are flat out lying. The definition of inflation used by bodies like the Department of Labor and The Fed have been steadily mangled over the course of decades to no longer reflect reality. This gave two advantages. 1: The actual rate of inflation is masked giving the impression that the government does an okay job managing it. 2: The nominally lower rate of inflation saves trillions of dollars over the years by slowing the growth of entitlement programs. In reality, inflation today stands at 5-10% year over year, not at 1.3-2%. There has been ZERO real GDP growth since 2008.

Well what's fucking new?

Walmart decimated local retail in the 90s.

>You realize if the sweetheart deal with the USPS dries up they're fucked? That's why they're pushing their own shipping company slowly.

Nail on head.

Every time in history technology has replaced jobs we have responded by inventing entirely new industries. Art, music, athletics, games, entertainment all are a result of jobs being replaced by technology giving individuals more leisure time and more time to participate in the service economy.

Something else will come along and eat Amazon eventually.

So paying for their welfare after the only job they can get is killed is the American dream?

post yfw Amazon Militia and Amazon drone strikes

I'll agree government sources are flat out lying and can't measure inflation correctly, for fucks sake they can't even properly gauge money supply and this has been for a very long time now. The fed is guesstimating everything and comes up with half ass excuses that don't even make sense when it comes to their rate policy. I'll tell you one thing though, ever since Trump stepped into office, REAL UNEMPLOYMENT has dipped quite a bit and will continue to do so. I'm not talking about the published U3 unemployment rate either, but the U6 metric. When is the last time the US saw 8.2% U6 unemployment, it was on average 10% last year.

yea but we didnt used to have a national effort to give all of our excess to niggers and third worlders

this is how you kill zog

No unlimited welfare is the leftist dream and part an parcel of living in the modern world it seems. Do you seriously think that if amazon disappeared tomorrow things would go back to the good old days of shitty malls and Walmart retail? No. Even if amazon was broken up other companies would rush in to replace it because its far more convenient to order shit online than it is to hunt things down all over half the state. Fuck malls the niggers that infest them.

Not very profitable is not "not profitable". The majority of income is currently invested in real estate so that they own the buildings the company works in.

Claiming they are not profitable is false.

You guys literally have no idea what you're talking about. The USPS covets the Amazon contract. Secondly, tax payer dollars do not fund the USPS. The problem the USPS has had over the last decade is entirely the fault of the Republican congress forcing them to fund a healthcare retirement package 75 years in fucking advance-- a literal direct attempt to sabotage the USPS. Google PAEA USPS.

Amazon receives government subsidies... no one mentioned USPS in relation to tax payer funding.

Also, nearly every package that Amazon sends through the USPS is brought directly to the city of its destination and PO of it's delivery point directly by Amazon paid contractors. The packages are then brokedown and sent with mail carriers who were going to cover the same route regardless. Stop with the misinformation. I'm a contractor for the government widespread throughout the south with insider information. I've seen this all firsthand.

It is true that all the big computer monopolies are modern trusts, benefitting from unfree market government arrangements, and are vulnerable to anti-trust actions.

This post implies.

Put a sock in it already, the USPS had to invest billions for the Scamazon deal to go through too, money they'll never see from it.
>“The U.S. Postal Service delivers the company’s boxes well below its own costs,” Sandbulte mentioned. “Like an accelerant to the fire, this subsidy is speeding up the collapse of traditional retailers in the U.S. and providing an unfair advantage for Amazon.” He further labeled that $1.46 subsidy as “a gift card from Uncle Sam.”

The point is that the contract is actually good for the post office you moron. That's all I am disputing.

tfw I work operations at an Amazon fulfilment center.

Does anyone really know how Amazon works?

Is Bezos really jewish?

What monopoly?

They had to invest billions into equipment, they lose money on each shipment, how is it good? You're a fuckin moron. They won't even make the cash back for the equipment upgrades off it.

Go to the website; make an order and give them your payment information; your payment is made and the order comes from the closest warehouse to your mailbox.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're parroting false information.

liberated to do what? rummage in the garbage of those with jobs? Not everyone's a creative genius just needing some free time.

yea amazon is le big bad jew becuz efficient firms that out-compete outdated, expensive, inefficient firms in a capitalistic market are evul

They will spend $1B on a robot to replace you in no time.

doesnt amazon treat its workers like shit

nah its actually the ones that jewishly exploit tax loopholes and government subsidies that are evul
(aka amazon)

>2nd Amazon thread on Sup Forums
>mfw people are finally starting to wake up
>mfw people will realize that antifa and the alt-right are both just bullshit identity politics, and that corporatism is the real problem keeping people from forming close tribal ties
>mfw societal collapse is coming
>mfw I'll be able to show my true colors

>shitty retail stores that survive on markup and geographical isolation deserve to exist just because they create jobs
Sure, user. Sure they do. We're so lost without them.

thats fine we dont need jobs we need UBI

Almost all corporations are monopolizing in some way. It's about impossible to open up your own business these days.

I work at the biggest warehouse on the east coast, yes there are knockoffs (such as a PAP I saw the other day, it's a PSP look alike that game play GBA roms and shit) but on the same token there are products that just sell like hot cakes, Anker for example. Samsung, Logitech, Microsoft, fucking we get pallets, PALLETS of Rolex's every day in stock. $75,000 egyptian fucking sheets, it goes on and on.

>>Walmart sells junk
>wrong

He calls it out. Love Trump, still waiting on the storm, pic related

Or if you decide the least expensive third party vendor willing to sell you the product below retail including freight costs.

Amazon would like people to believe they are the worlds largest warehouse store, but they aren't. They have hundreds of thousand of independant vendors selling their dead shit at a discount.
The last two work station PCs I bought came in an amazon box with Best Buy SCU numbers.

Amazon stocks very little.

Fuck you are an idiot

Yeah that's not going to happen, not to my job at least. Not even for the bottom level associates. A robot isn't going to analyze a product for damages, resolve an item that fell of the conveyor (while yes if an item never arrives, it just gets sent again from inventory to complete the order) - find the correct barcode on a 6 sided box which have sometimes 10-12 barcodes on it, so it would need an articulating arm to analyze the whole box, slowing down the process. You can't replace a human to do that faster.

The state is a natural monopoly

not faster, but works around the clock

Amazon gives a lot of no education people jobs, niggers, spics, etc. It actually is making niggers work for their paycheck. It's not hard work, people who say they are "treated bad" don't like to work and are inherently lazy. You won't find an entry job in NJ for $14.35 that Amazon provides to what would otherwise be welfare niggers.

Thanks for your input Jamal

How did government intervention create Standard Oil?

Amazon fulfilment centers run 24/7 mate, I don't know what you're talking about.

Even with all the tech in the warehouse, shit always goes wrong - there is absolutely no way that the current process in the warehouse will be replaced anytime soon.

I think parts of Amazon are being used as money laundering schemes too. There are children's books being sold for considerably large sums for standard editions from specific sellers.
Working on gathering more evidence, then going to publish my findings on Sup Forums for further autists' help.

I love the apocalypse LARP as much as the next guy...but lets get real. A full societal collapse would most likely mean death for you and your family. You'd probably watch your wife and kids gets raped while you're being raped before you all get murdered. That's true even for the moderate prepper way out in the boondocks...the surviving city folk are going to be on the move once the supermarkets are all looted and the water doesn't work.

Even if you have very serious preps, like a serious community, a fortified compound somewhere extremely rural (Wyoming, Montana, Alaska), tens of thousands of rounds of ammo and a platoon sized element minimum at your location with serious training, food stores for years, real hunting/gathering skills....you still might die from a small cut getting infected due to no medical infrastructure existing.

Dont get me wrong. I'm still ready for the apocalypse/Ebola/massive civil unrest/whatever, but that's just because I'm quasi suicidal.

Shhhh easy mode hallucinogens if you know where to look

You should light a fire.

>The fire rises!

You're a big guy. Nah but seriously burn that place to the ground.

People still are fooled by the democracy meme though, so it's in a half-half situation which cripples the system beyond what it would otherwise be.

No it’s actually a great part time job from what I hear. Pretty much make your own hours and the operations isn’t too overbearing. As you go higher up, you hit the wall full of PHD’s and mensas. Great to learn from as long as you know when to move on.

The government broke up standard oil.

The only real monopolies that exist in the United States are those created by the state. When the state eliminates competition in the guise of public interest for what ever reason people fall head over heels for it.

I have seen people get to Area Managers after being there for around 2 years without a degree. Worked their ass off for sure, but it's not that hard.

You basically do it like anywhere else, learn the shit other people don't want to learn (many are just content on packing boxes for the rest of their life for example) be proactive, show initiative and once in a while fill out applications for more pay and better positions.

Physiognomy don't lie.

>The government broke up a monopoly that formed naturally
>Monopolies only form because of the state

That's some next level double think you've got going on.

I work at a Amazon Prime Now warehouse.