Baccano!

Just finished Baccano for the first time. How about a thread?

So I know the light novels are still ongoing. How are they? How different are they from the anime? Is Durarara worth watching?

I feel pretty satisfied with how the anime wraps up (Episode 13 and 16), so I don't feel like I need to continue the story, but the characters are great and I wouldn't mind getting more of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9X1_umbDuvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never bothered continuing, the anime wrapped up everything perfectly imho.

>Is Durarara worth watching?

Honestly no. Too many ongoing storylines and majority of them are not interesting.

I know Isaac and Miria show up, which is tempting, but it looks like just a cameo.

>magnificent op
>magnificent ed
>healing as fuck
>Isaac and Miria
>did I mention Isaac and Miria
Baccano is as close as you can get to a perfect anime

I liked the first few bits of it
seeing all the un-associated characters come together for different events was cool
I lost interest when they started bloating an already very large cast, especially considering the majority of the new characters were very uninteresting, at least compared to the initial cast

The ED disappointed me. The song's fine, but the visuals were an extreme letdown compared to the god-tier OP.

My only glaring problem with Baccano is that the whole thing on the Flying Pussyfoot never gets a proper pay off. A huge part of the anime builds up what went down massively, but nothing really ever comes from it. Ladd Russo just ends up getting forced off the train and that's it. Nothing really monumental goes down with respect to all the shit hat led up to it and it kind of feels like the story blue balled me.

The first 12 or so episodes are absolutely fantastic and make the fact that the rest doesn't hold up even worse.

Can you stop watching at Ep 12 and be reasonably satisfied?

Yeah, I keep coming back for a few episodes of the new season, because I remember the potential that was there, but then get bored and abandon it again.

Yeah the train was kind of disappointing. I was more interested in the immortals in New York anyways though and that had a great end.

>on rails mob drama
>goes into high fantasy
Perfect my ass

Not really, the show is all about twists, reveals and mysteries that you'll have to wait until the end to see (mostly) resolved.

The second half isn't terrible or anything, it's just very disappointing compared to the first half which I thought was utterly fantastic. I'd recommend watching it anyway though because the first half is just that great. Try not to get spoiled and keep an eye out for the Baccano references.

I've been reading the LN since all the ones that are put are finally translated. It's even better than the anime since some stuff got dropped or changed in it. currently there's 21 volumes out and they're a blast to read, especially whrn Felix, Graham or Elmer are involved.

Both this and Durarara aren't very good.

Give us a summary of some of the shit that happens when the anime ends.

The first cour of season 1 is pretty good, the rest is shit.

>The song's fine
S A C R I L E D G E

The ED is sublime

youtube.com/watch?v=9X1_umbDuvI

>tfw no immortality elixir and chill demon buddy

Why live?

>more immortals
>Elmer is absolutely insane and it's great
>Huey, Ladd, Firo, and Issac in alcatraz, shenanigans ensue
>More Felix wrecking everyone's ass
>in 2002 we meet the great-grandchildren of Felix and Chane and they're what you would expect from their descendants. Also Felix is in his 90s and salvaging shipwrecks for treasure
>it took Firo 50 years to propose to Ennis. They still haven't fucked.
>Crazy cults
>International criminal organization with routes in the immortals' past
>Immortals' backstory
>Surprise main antagonist
>More Narita-brand characters
>Nebula is making incomplete immortals
Any more and I'd be going into details

Story jumped back and forth so much, I felt like watching Pulp Fiction on fast forward.

>all the ones that are put are finally translated
Link to Vol.10?

>liking Felix
Fuck no. I hate broken characters like that.

>>it took Firo 50 years to propose to Ennis. They still haven't fucked.
sasuga Firo

Has there ever been a couple more pure than them?

Just Google it. You'll find it quickly. The guy who's been translating it finished it a couple of weeks ago

>Thinking Felix is broken when Ronnie exists.
Heck, Vamp! is set in the same universe and it has a telepathic vampire black hole.

In the same show even

I wouldn't mind a spin off of their shenanigans in modern day, or at least Forest Gumping in a later time period, still not realizing they're immortal.

I could not stand that guy. He could only get away with half of that bullshit because of his status and always having a bunch of guys with him.