You defend a movie/series with your life 24/7 against even the smallest of criticism and love every aspect of it until...

>you defend a movie/series with your life 24/7 against even the smallest of criticism and love every aspect of it until the end of time
>a few years later your opinion changes to "meh"

What's that animu's name, Sup Forums?

Your favorite

Cowboy Bebop, which I discovered upon rewatching it. It's still one of my favorites, but now I see several shows are just far better.

Madoka

Code geass

Usually an infatuation like that would only last a month or two, but my current obsession has lasted almost a year now.

Evangelion, mostly because i got tired of how retarded large parts of the fan base is.

I should add pic related

Still love it to death, would spend days marathoning even Endless Eight, but I'm general more critical of shit I like and Mikuru groping got old and became unnecessary, pls don't send to tumblr

I haven't defended any anime fervently enough so I can't really say. A lot of shows are faulty.

Currently I'm riding the hyouka love train. It's been a while and it hasn't let up for me so I'll wait to see if my opinion changes to meh. Seriously though hyouka is a modern anime classic. Only has one flaw really.

As far as anime tv series go it's master class in visual storytelling with a beautifully layered plot/character progression.

Incredibly rare in modern anime.

Bleach, until today.

JUST FUCK MY WHOLE LIFE UP

One Piece manga.

Really now? I kinda dropped it after a couple of episodes because I've been wanting off of KyoAni's moe ride a few years ago.

I guess I have something to pick back up now

Happened with Madoka Magica Rebellion, but whenever I rewatch it I get reminded of why I love it.

Same to Madoka, especially anything regarding Homura and Rebellion, but these years I have been obsessively protecting of the Soul Eater anime, no small complaint is getting through near me.

Never experienced this despite watching anime since 1994. I only have two favorite anime tho (FLCL and Madoka) and their only drawback is the fanbase.

I dunno, FMA maybe?

I don't like their noses. I literally cannot watch it because of that.

Honestly if you actually watched two EPs and then dropped it then its not for you. I won't say something like its beyond you or something but more like what it offers is not for you.

The very first mystery is the locked (unlocked) room and it presents hyouka in its simplest form so if that didn't get you then I wouldn't worry about tracking back. Though I've heard of people going back and rediscovering it.

Nah, it's not that I disliked what I watched; I guess I had other priorities at the time (school, gaming, marathoning FMA and rewatching Sailor Moon), and it slipped from my mind as a generic Kyoani piece.

I definitely won't skip out if I'm convinced of a series' wholesomeness though.

Tokyo Ghoul

The goddamn end of Root A

I'm in the exact same place. I can rip on Rebellion all day but I can watch it and still love it.

I still stand by part 1, but New World has been meh after meh.

FMAB is just a shitty shounen now, too sad I liked the manga before all that friendship unions cliché.
Obviously Arslan is no better, another shit by that mangaka.

Arslan is not by the arakawa you ass hat

Naruto. Except for 'meh' it just became 'this is shit'

>Pic not related

PaniPoni.

I still like it a lot, but there are parts of it that just make me flinch.

Judging by how many people are ripping on madoka here it's a fair assessment that it's totally related

I was never that extreme, but I guess I was pretty sure that FMA is the best battle shounen of all time. Now I realize I didn't really care for the end and prefer HxH/Jojo. I still like it though.

Chuunibyou.
Especially after that horrid 2nd season.

xxxHolic. I fell out of love with noodle limps and lost interest in the characters, but then the drama adaptation happened and it had a fucking amazing OP song by Shikao Suga and I'm ready to defend Yuko again. I have a soft spot for CLAMP shit.

Muv-Luv alternative

The art is hers, which is a pile of shit, which makes the show automatically shit.
No matter, FMA is a shit on it's own anyways, get over that fact FMA fag.

>how many people are ripping on madoka
ONE faggot, the other two said they get reminded when they watch it why they love it.

I watched the first season and it was pretty okay, and the ending was satisfying enough that it felt like satisfactory closure. Not sure why it needed a second season and didn't watch, guess I made the right choice

KEK

This is one of my favorite yous of all time

Zeta Gundam

I bought into the old guard's hype about how it was so MATURE and DARK and DEEP and A THINKING MAN'S GUNDAMU.

It wasn't until a second watch-through with some more years on me and some semblance of taste that I realized it's actually a grimderp piece of shit full of irritating shrews who spend all of their time screaming at each other because they are such awful human beings. How can I be sad about anyone dying when they're all such selfish, spiteful pieces of human garbage?

It's usually recent stuff. Rakugo, Shirobako, Non Non Biyori. That kinda thing. I often cool down on shows I liked while airing.

Bleach.

I still haven't read an adventure that I'd like to go more on than Skypier but everything after Impel Down is bad.
Fishman Island is downright shit.

FMA doesn't need defense.
It stands on its own.

Naruto Shippuden

Honestly it's premise was great and it wasn't completely wasted. It also ended which is a huge boon. That's a show they could have easily dragged on.

One of the good qualities of FMA is the fact that unlike all the other popular shonen at the time of its release it ended and wasn't dragged into the dirt

I didnt even have to wait a few years the show decided to help me accelerate the process

Pretty much every comedy.

What I find funny seems to change every few years.

Sound like FMA:B, FMA (2003) didnt do that.

I want to go back when episode 7 aired. Why did everything have to go so horribly wrong?

I have either never loved something that much, or I'm just really good at convincing myself that disparaging opinions are just people with shit taste.

None because I'm not autistic and can like things even if other people don't like them.

>I didnt even have to wait a few years the show decided to help me accelerate the process
Painful truth.

This
I used to be a le goda xd guy and now I just find reading it a chore.

Eureka7

Saw it when it came out, loved it but couldnt really explain why and could point out many flaws.

Rewatched it recently. Still love it for some reason, still cant say why and have even more complaints

Eureka 7 was really hard to finish. Somewhere in the middle(?) it started becoming a chore to watch. Everyone was getting their gloom on and although necessary for the narrative, it was hard to get through. I thought it picked back up towards the end though. It's one of those shows you can be fond of. Good stuff.

>FMAB
Still has tight as a 15 year old writing but is a little bit too melodramatic
>Cowboy Bebop
Still like my 3rd favourite anime, was my first since I saw it back in 2001 and it was for the longest but I just learned it's not sacred, it's just a flipping Chinese cartoon
>Welcome to the NHK
The pyramid scheme arch, why does it exist? The animation at times is obscenely cheap and fucking atrocious, also it suffers from "the book is so much better" syndrome
>Trigun
Honestly, I only liked this so much because I was 14 when I first saw it over a decade ago. It's cool and the 4 mains are great but everyone else is shit and the show itself is barely anything more than a satisfactory show to watch once and then never think of again.It just had the benefit of being one of the first few "Big boy cool anime" aired on a major cable network in the West

mirai nikki , i was literally living the MC's life
Sup Forums made me meh it

I'll still defend meguca and Rebellion pretty hard, though the shitty fanbase and awful, awful threads get tiring pretty fast.

Madoka's fanbase is pure tumblr now and there can be no discussion on it. The original series has dulled for me over time but Rebellion is still a masterpiece, I just don't care at all to discuss it with the retarded fans. It was fun when it released but you can only argue something among delusional shippers and anti-shippers so much.

Same, I still like it but the fanbase really soured things for me

Bleach. It was my gateway series. It's to be expected, really.

I'll admit it, Akame ga Kill.

Hajime no Ippo manga.

Anime as a whole

All of the relevant discussion has already taken place, so all that's left is fantasizing by rabid fans who refuse to detach themselves from transient entertainment. The ones who remain and still actively post about the show & characters claiming to be fans have stuck to their positions and entrenched themselves with no hope of escape.

The sheer amount of attention the series drew while it was airing was a great thing, because the discussion generated was quite conclusive.

The wait for the last 2 eps was maddening.

I cannot understand how anyone can love every aspect of any anime, nor having the drive to constantly defend something so subjective.

Grave of the Fireflies.

>I cannot understand how anyone can love every aspect of any anime, nor having the drive to constantly defend something so subjective.
love is blind

Claymore
I'm not sure what happened. I loved it the first time around, but now it just isn't compelling anymore. The setting, which had a lot of potential to be interesting, just feels more and more disappointingly vague the more I think about it.

Seriously? i think is very underrated. At least the manga, don't know about the anime.