youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM
youtube.com/watch?v=naUL66MyiBY
youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
youtube.com/watch?v=czkoRxbX6rw
youtube.com/watch?v=XziLNeFm1ok
youtube.com/watch?v=2TEzLbzf2CE
youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg
youtube.com/watch?v=zjXohtL7CP4
dailymotion.com/video/x2bml9_is-littlekuriboh-writing-for-yu-gi_fun?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0
youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28
youtube.com/watch?v=g-KM2vk-Qd4
youtube.com/watch?v=mToV0JNQ0bE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything from 4kids is a masterpiece and if you disagree you have shit taste.

Yugioh. Despite the retarded censorship like removing guns.

Yu-Gi-Oh,Shaman King and Ultimate Muscle.The truth is that most of their dubs were okay but they get a terrible reputation because of the one dub they messed up: One Piece

This.

Do you really have to ask OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

YO-YA-YO, YA-YO

These

Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon.

Pretty this

/thread

One Piece was a fucking tragedy and no one can ever deny that

On the other hand, I love how much effort they put into localizing Pokemon, from jokes to decent voice acting to making completely original songs (some better than the Japanese).

Sure, there were a few hiccups like pic related, but they did their hardest and best regardless, and you could really feel the VAs slowly becoming the characters themselves.

/blog

No, they get a terrible reputation for changing a bunch of shit and over-localizing to a massive degree.

its all good

youtube.com/watch?v=xfJuJrqFhXM

Remember they may have done some shitty things, but it's something you grew up with and those involved loved what they did.

>his face right before the fade to black in the end
youtube.com/watch?v=naUL66MyiBY

youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g

to be fair to 4kids they pretty much had one piece forced on them by Toei who desperately wanted to bring one piece into the US with the success the other Shōnen Jump anime adaptations were having at the time.

these dubs right here

They did some good music themes.

One pieces theme was catchy and yugiohs was a masterpiece.

Yugioh DM and Pokemon in terms of actual quality
Yugioh GX for entertainment value

Ghost Stories

This opening is so fucking good

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE

This thread needs more dubs

no dubs for you

Bobobo-bobo

Bo-bobo for sure youtube.com/watch?v=czkoRxbX6rw

youtube.com/watch?v=XziLNeFm1ok

Obviously.

I feel like I need to rewatch the Bobobo dub, I was not at all in the mood for that kind of humor when I was younger, but Wild Challenger was just too fucking hype

This is one of the time the dub is superior because the adlibs they do

DO NOT WANT

Pokemon
youtube.com/watch?v=2TEzLbzf2CE

Simply because of how much the VA's fucking hated 4kids

youtube.com/watch?v=8qLl145FqQg

It's not 4kids, but holy shit this is the best theme of the decade
youtube.com/watch?v=zjXohtL7CP4

dailymotion.com/video/x2bml9_is-littlekuriboh-writing-for-yu-gi_fun?GK_FACEBOOK_OG_HTML5=1
You could tell they didn't give a fuck.

This has to be a dub

This was the shit, dubs nowadays just sound wrong.

It was never 'the' shit. It was fucking awful and you need to take off the nostalgia goggles if you think it was at all good.

Yu-gi-oh sucked after Pegasus island

That's cheating
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

One piece

>Whats Sup Forums favorite dub
These ones

I really enjoyed the dub of Yugioh GX. It was a lot of fun.

They were all honestly the same to me as a kid. Probably YugiOh. One thing I hated about 4kids shows was the dramatic music they always used, especially before commercials.

there's actually a story behind that jamie's 4kids VA told that 4kids kinda screwed them out of a paycheck by using voice clips instead of using them for advertising thus not having to pay them for new work thus cutting them out of advertizing bucks.

TMNT

It's dumb as hell, but laser chainsaw is the greatest edit they've ever made.

I wonder what all those laser blasts and light sabers feel like. Obviously they don't kill things, is it more or less a blunt stick or a rubber bullet?

"I need a monstar to cobber that dar kirby"

In Star Wars there are such things as "training sabers". Basically their only setting is "ultra-low will only leave a 1st-degree burn at most, smarts like a bitch

That's what we do best at N.M.E.

Bo-BoBo was not 4kids though.

Very funny

But that was the best turtles series of all time.

Congratulations, you get it. No one gave a shit about them until they fucked with One Piece.

This, what I liked about 4kids is that they took Japanese anime and turned them into American cartoons that American children could enjoy in their way. One Piece was great with 4kids until Funimation got it and did their own dub. Now the only people who enjoy it are weebs who don't see the irony when they say that 4kids didn't convey enough accuracy to the source material from a dub of all things.

Not really true, the YGO community has been shitting on them since the dawn of time, and any old anime fans who grew up with proper localizations shat on them too.

The way I see it, a dub should get creative if the joke or something wouldn't work with the gaijin audience. While being unfaithful might been see as them shitting the original product interesting could come about because of the deviation.

One of the things I can't stand in dubs though is shoving pop culture reference or memes into shit. It's fucking dates the product horribly and I hate when nips do it too.

I love texan/southern accent dedede fuck you if you think otherwise.

The entire finale was lame for that series.

but muh invisible guns!

Ultimate Muscle was hilarious. Its humor perfectly lined up with 4Kids' zany vocal direction. I think they even had some dirty jokes in there.

I personally think there were very few problems with the 5D's dub, and many of the Zexal voices (though done by 4Kids' remnants, 4K Media after a few episodes) were above average in quality. Although they seem to have regressed into goofiness with Arc-V.

Sonic X may have been even worse than One Piece. Mainly because of Tails, Chris, and the music.

Ok guys how about this banger?

youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

If I remember right they didn't fully dub Yugioh GX.

The difference is that original Sonic X had Chris and Tails while original One Piece was actually good.

>That Nostalgia
Fuck. I remember those two openings being the only things that could awaken me completely on those Saturday mornings so long ago.

Casey and Friends
youtube.com/watch?v=K5UfIRmkv28

>choppers doctoring
>yo ho ho ho he took a bite of gum gum
>ZOLO

Winx Club.

Not Sup Forums technically.

Can we agree that 4KIDS were mediocre at dubbing but undisputed Gods of Western OPs?

>Kirby
>Sonic X
>One Piece
>Ultimate Muscle
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>Fucking Yugioh that shit still gives me chills

False, most of their dubs were shit and that includes Yugioh. Shitty dubbing practice like random edit, the inability to take any scene remotely seriously, pointless jokes, and changes to the dialogue for no real reason even affected their best dub, Pokemon. I remember watching the Yugioh sub and dub side to side and it amazes me just how much pointless changes they made. Their would be a legitmately funny joke in the original, so I decided to see how the dub handled it, and they completely changed it. Its the little things.

I hope no one took your post seriously.

Any opinions on the Tokyo Mew Mew dub? I actually liked it as a kid.

>This, what I liked about 4kids is that they took Japanese anime and turned them into American cartoons that American children could enjoy in their way.

That's nice but no one asked for a company to change a anime that was already pretty appealing to western audiences into something its not. I just want them to do what a dubbing company should do, translate it.

>One Piece was great with 4kids

No it wasn't. Go fuck yourself. That thing is only enjoyable to watch 10 years after the fact when you remember that 4kids actually dubbed One Piece.

>Now the only people who enjoy it are weebs

One Piece has a bigger fanbase now in the west then it ever did under 4kids. Fucking kill yourself.

Pretty much this. That shit is classic.

Check' em

Tell me something sweetheart, why mexico got most of the big shows like dragonball (all 3 series), sailormoon, saint seiya, mazinger from the japanese versions and didnt bother to mexicanize them and others, and even some that were not likely to be dubbed other than the US edits but mexico went the extra mile and got the originals instead like Cardcaptor Sakura and Digimon?

the only mexicanized dub was Koni Chan, and EVEN THEN, they still kept the japanese music, and the only censorship was done by the broadcasting channels that aired the show on south america minus the chilean channel ETC.

Please learn proper syntax on your second language.

Why does some Mexican nigga always have to come out to talk about uncensored Mexican dubs when we're discussing American dubs? Jesus man.

Cubix wasn't half bad for the day even if it was Korean shit.

western op are the best like dbz rock the dragon

maybe because we haven't learn shit after the shit dubs of Doraemon and Yokai Watch?

Only good thing from 4kids

God forbid people want to discuss things related to anime on this board.

Don't be so retarded.

MAXIMUM PINK

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

NINJUTSU AACTION

It's mostly cringe, but the funny moments are enough to keep me watching.
The biggest problem is how uncomfortable the transformation sequences make me.

This. It really was fucking great.

Because it's a valid comparison

As a kid I would rather my animes keep the gore in, that shit's sick.

One Piece

>Sanji with the Brooklyn accent.
>Robin with southwestern.
>Luffy as cringey retard.
>Zoro actually sounds like cool action shounen character.

>Yugioh GX
>That one episode.
>JP: Professor's body on the floor "The Professor is dead!"
>4kids: No body in room "Ah the Professor has been kidnapped!"

The original 4Kids Yugioh had a good soundtrack, especially that theme song, probably better than whatever jrock shit was the original theme

Came here to post this.

Yes and no bro. Many of the dubs had had certain small adult references that 4kids would censor the hell out of and then there's the whole trying to Americanize the dubs, which i could understand, Anime was still new to many young Americans where. I think 4kids's problem was that they began dubbing shows that were not totally meant for little children who just expected to get stupid Saturday morning entertainment. Pokemon was perfect for 4kids. Action packed but not violent or full emotionally gripping scenes or long story arcsand that wasn't what One Piece and Dragonball Z were.

ON THE LAST PIECE OF ONE PIECE;

>I left everything I own in ONE PIECE.
Unironically love this line.

Pokemon, Sonic X, Yugioh

R O B O T S F O R E V E R Y O NE

youtube.com/watch?v=g-KM2vk-Qd4

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a pretty solid dub

Trips confirm. A lot of Japanese opening themes are overrated and samey as fuck. It's only cool to us because it's exotic foreign language music even when it's really just generic pop crap.

>trips

Well shit. I'm tired. I read the wrong numbers whatever. Fuck.

No. It's fucking horrible they should have never touched magical girl anime they are the reason magical girl popularity died in the west fuck them.

FUCK
Its been like 6-8 years since i watched the localization, and i only just started reading the manga. It feels so weird watching this, some kind of oddly facetious nostalgia. I kind of want to download the BDs and over-ride that thing from my memory.

This should be TREASON

How the fuck is this even a question?

youtube.com/watch?v=mToV0JNQ0bE

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST