Vintage Anime

Watch any interesting 90s OVA lately? Airbats was terrible, but amusing. Mitaka best brown girl.

You're Under Arrest's OVAs were pretty top.

Also, I wish there was a decent anime about dogfighting. I don't even care what era, be it WW1/WW2/Korea/etc I just want it to happen, but not in 3DCG. I crave that sharp, crisp handdrawn look.

I don't think we're ever going to get anything aviation related totally hand-drawn again

90s hotspring episodes

I know. I've already accepted it, but I can dream, right? Still, though, I still want some hardcore dogfighting.

occasionally there's a scene where they actually do something in the air

Watch pet shop of horrors.

How the fuck is an F-1 outjinking an F-16

It's a T-4, but yeah, anime.

tfw the best animated scenes are silly dream sequences

Will we ever get ASS like this again?

Difference in pilot skill so it would seem. Anime seems to love the underdog.

Area 88 you tool

Does early gundams count? just finished Zeta and ZZ

I've heard of it, also heard it wasn't really all that great. Your thoughts on it?

Just started watching The Cockpit today.

Personal favorite. It got well draw dogfighting with slick music in the background, what more do you need? Stikk to the OVA, tv series is bad

Gotcha, must've been the series I'd heard about. Thanks user.

We also got a great SNES game out of it.

Only if it was War in the Pocket or 08th MS Team since those are 90s OVAs

nice, i'm in the middle of war in the pocket right now
Great animation, shame the little kid is a brat

How Vintage we talking? Because I'm watching Belladonna of Sadness right now

Saw the Xanadu OVA. Just another random fantasy OVA with a name thrown in to cash in on popularity. At least it has a bit of tentacle rape.

The OVA ending is a bit of a gutpunch, but it is fitting. How does the manga end?

You watch war in the pocket for the story, character interaction and the HAMBUGUHA not because you care about the kid

Been watching the Sup Forums Urusei Yatsura live stream and the show's really impressive.

First movie in particular was pretty amazing.

Not OVA but i am watching Maison Ikkoku and i like it alot even with all these misunderstuments.

What was wrong with this?

Think its the same. The stans for it are awful

I watched the Starship Troopers OVA recently after reading the book. Aside from about 5 minutes of good Mobile Infantry action it's a horrible mashup of 80's media tropes and stereotypes and it completely mangles the story it's based on - and I don't just mean it's a poor adaptation, they went so far as to turn the story into a romance between Juan Rico and Carmencita.

Aika is super interesting.

Frame interpolation: not even once.

Demon Hunter Makaryuudo: Some of the best atmosphere, art and generally "cool shit" I've seen in quite awhile since I've been away from old OVAs for awhile. Do not watch for plot, characters or any other substantive reason.

Also really hard to find any info about whether it has a source or is just an original OVA.