what do you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92LirlCf8
youtube.com/watch?v=ugYYknO5HAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck is this

I too am confused.

aussie retardation

That's only because you Aussies are too retarded to keep a distance while turning right at the same time on both lines. I bet there was problems with 10-Wheelers too

I'm going to need an explanation for how this works.

This is a Melbourne thing. Another reason why Melbourne getting nuked would fix most of our problems.

Is this for tractor-trailers? Might be a narrow street with lots of large vehicle traffic. Otherwise it looks completely retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92LirlCf8

For bikes because merging into traffic is a great way to get creamed and cars when there's some shit in the middle like trams or a designated bus way.

theres also one in hawthorn i think

they are great cause you do not need to swerve to avoid cunts waiting to turn right

hly fucking shit that's retarded.

Melbournian appears to defend his shitty ways. Sad!

I've never seen this

Please translate into american

wtf they somehow made a basic cross traffic turn more convoluted and dangerous.

In America (if we drove on the other side of the road) we would get in the center lane and wait until cross traffic has a break, then turn right into the center lane of the road we're turning on.

OR we would have a special signal light that would only allow right turn drivers to go.

This is how it works everywhere in Australia, except the Melbourne CBD.

So, basically

I'm in brisbane and I've never seen this sign, you're fulla garbitch

mate its so you can like do a turn and sit there and let trams through rather than rush b through 2 tram tracks and expldoe

I saw this a long time ago and concluded no tactical advantage. And I think roundabouts are better than four way stops and four way stops are superior to lights.

Make a left hand turn by stopping in the right hand lane until the cross traffic light turns green then turn left.
Rather than turning left from the left lane when it's safe.

>from Brisbane
>has no reading comprehension
Checks out.

If I remember right Perth is like Seattle and Melbourne is like San Francisco right?

Seems like busy body civil engineers needed to prove their paychecks are worth it.

We have streetcars in Dallas and they have lights at the intersection that control the traffic lights so as not to interfere in the trains progress and we don't hook turn left on these roads.

This is the funniest shit I've seen in weeks. Amazing.

roundabouts are fucking gold and should just be the standard for all intersections

mate street cars are nothing we have 40 rhinos on a skateboard in melbourne

Shit. Even then hook turns are retarded.

yea I misread you, fuck up nigger I'm drinkin'

its pretty funny how trams only have a little bell as a horn so if they get pissed off they just smash the shit out of the bell
>dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding

Digits confirm

lol it seems safer all i am gonna say i already seen two dead bodies live (pun intended) from bike accidents and a third seriously injured. there really is a shitload of blood in a human body, shit will cover the whole road

I imagine a conductor is yelling: "ya bloody fuck cunt!"

"Seems" and check digits.

All good cunt, I was just here to shitpost anyway.

It's some retarded thing they do in Melbourne, which is city is full of liberal faggots so I suppose some retardation is to be expected.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in my entire life

hoooly shit dude

no mate youl be too busy paying your on the spot 75 dollar fine so you dont have to pay 200 bucks later after the myki swat team brings you to the ground for not touching on when you leave thefree tram zone

Putting rail transit on grade in cites is retarded. Bury it or elevate it.

Sounds like some rugby terminology.

Melbourne. Would not recommend. Also their tallest building is plated in gold. Also, the weather: youtube.com/watch?v=ugYYknO5HAA

aren't we all

yep today it went from fukin raining freezing to humid 24C oshit im gonna fukin melt

wew lad, didn't realise melbourne was that chinked

>000
oshit better call the cops

>a fucking cuck turn
you idiots have been letting women invent driving maneuvers, havent you?

It keeps the way clear for trams on cramped inner urban roads famtachi

The fact that someone created a computer simulation demonstrating how to execute a "hook turn" is proof enough it's retarded.

>driving in the CBD
>ever

unless you living in brisbane its a fucking waste of time. Sydney CBD is utterly fucked for driving in.

Taxpayer money payed for that animation, I'll have you know.

Hook turns exist so that traffic does not get in the way of trams.

Ameripollutes all drive their own cars so they don't understand the concept of public transport or why this is needed

It's a shame Melbourne never discovered they have these trams now that can drive on roads like a car

It happens, that is why you have bumpers and insurance. It sucks dont get me wrong, but in dense urban areas, drivers seldom get seriously injured or killed.

We have a similar set up in Dallas with no hook turns.

Not only would that be prohibitively expensive, it would remove the convenience which is one of the trams' greatest advantages.

It works at traffic light controlled intersections when you are a cyclist.
If you aren't a cyclist, performing a hook turn is retarded.
Hell, on busier roads I just hop off the road and use the pedestrian crossing.
I know my place on the road, it's on a small aluminium frame with only a small helmet to protect me from the >1000kg other road users.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

>catching the loser cruiser

Catching a tram is perfectly respectable thing to do. Catching a bus is the lowest of the low

oh, that's not as retarded as it seems.
Looks like it's mainly for areas with tram tracks so people aren't being retarded and getting T-boned by a tram.

>I saw this a long time ago and concluded no tactical advantage.
The tactical advantage is there's less chance of it blocking through traffic where there isn't space for a pocket lane.

>And I think roundabouts are better than four way stops and four way stops are superior to lights.
Four way stops are an abomination. Drivers at stop signs should always stop and give way to all other traffic. If you have four way stop signs, it means you want drivers to violate this important safety principle.

As for lights, it really depends on the amount of traffic. Including the amount of pedestrian traffic.

That's just fucking insane, Jesus Christ.

It’s like riding a motorcycle. If you think you “own” a spot on the asphalt you will quickly BE a spot on the asphalt.

God you guys would die on UK roads (assuming you could figure out how to get the car into gear and move it in the first place)

LOL! I was there when that happened. Shit was fucking amazing, my dumb ex got her hand bruised when she tried getting a hailstone when it was still fucking hailing.

lmao wtf is this?

Why can't you just wait in the intersection in the right lane. ( like burger land) and go when clear or green?

god and i thought our drivers were retarded

I think they call it a "bus".

I surrender.

your road rules are fucking mentally retarded

For what purpose

hahahaha
yeah, i went to melbourne once too

There's only like 8 intersections in the whole city where you have to do this. The point of it is to not block the trams that move down the centre of the road while you are waiting to turn.

People complain and get anxious about it. It's super easy to do. They've also added special lights that tell you when to do the turn, and they've added a special road marking telling you where to wait.

All they used to have was the traffic sign from OP. They should revert to that, it's become too easy.