Stealing pirate

How do i explain to a retard that to pirate a game is stealing. He does not get this shit at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537
engadget.com/2017/09/22/eu-suppressed-study-piracy-no-sales-impact/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI&t=93s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR

Well it isn't and you are wrong and the true retard.

Watch me play free online games under the same principles used to play non free games.

youre a faggot, do you get this shit ?

autism
reply for a free iphone 8

Stealing implies something was taken. And that something is missing. To be recovered.
Internet piracy is not stealing.
There is no missing item.
Your friend likely would never have bought said game, therefore there's no earnings lost.
There's no damages to " victim " which negates any victimhood.
He copied existing data from the net for his private use. No harm done. No theft occurring.

Vidya steals childhoods, fuck em

Yes I would. Never understood this meme

I only buy cheap keys on g2a and similar sites. If you buy russian keys you can get a new game for 15-25€.

have him write you a short story on a piece of paper. take that paper from him, go to a copy machine, and make a copy of it and give him back the original. boom, you win.

But you do know that the EU conducted a study that proves that only movies get hurt by piracy, vidya actually profits from it

you already can, 3d printed car has happened. If i was a rich enough cunt to have the money to have a printer good enough id do it just for the lols

All information exists eternally in the ether (which is also known as 'the akashic records'). So-called 'copyright' is copyWRONG. Copyright is an EVIL CONCEPT. The base state of EVERYTHING in existence is ENERGETIC WAVE-FORM INFORMATION. You can call this 'the akashic records', if you want. This is how psychometry works - you pick up an object and can learn about that object's history by accessing the base state of that object (which is an energetic wave-form information field). Everything is made of energetic wave-form information fields. EVERYTHING. This is why when you realise any fundamental truth, it seems so familiar - it's because you have simply REMEMBERED the innate wisdom of your TRUE IDENTITY as an ETERNAL SOUL. In this sense, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be truly creative. 'Our' thoughts are NOT our own, we have simply tuned into thoughts that ETERNALLY EXIST in the ether. George Lucas did NOT create Star Wars, because the IDEA for Star Wars ETERNALLY EXISTS in the ether.

how so? sauce me

This!!!

You have to agree on the definition of stealing. Enriching yourself at the expense of someone else's labor is theft in most penal codes.

By your logic taking a picture of something is also piracy

gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537

engadget.com/2017/09/22/eu-suppressed-study-piracy-no-sales-impact/

Why is it any of your business what someone else does?

It’s all summoning. Same goes for music. This seems x related though.

Makes sense. Any vidya I pirated I got pissed about how much of a pain in the ass it was and ended up just buying them.

Bend him over and fuck him. When he complains

>flag
Sorry. Assuming he complains, point out he still has his arsehole, so what's his problem?

Unless it's BFME2

Welfare is stealing from working people

the real question is. If you did not pirate the game, would you have bought it?

if the answer is no. Then he's not stealing fuck all.

I pirate a fuck ton of games. I may play them for one night at most. Then i burn it and forget it.

Does this mean i have millions of dollars of stolen games. Hell no. I would never have bought 99% of them. Because for the most part. Buying a game is a crap shoot. As i get older. Most games suck more and more. Rarely does any video game hold my attention for more than 3 days.

Every so often (like fall out new vegas) a game not only did i pirate, but i bought as well.

Comes along. There has only been 5 games i actually bought and played till the end.

Fall out new vegas.
Morrowind
ultima online
Ultima 1
sims online

What if everyone pirated games? There'd be no games.
Do you want there to be no games? No? Then purchase games you like and vote with your dollar. To do otherwise is immoral and against your interests, objectively speaking.

not stealing, stealing leaves the person stolen from without the object that is stolen. kys swede-cuck

it's not, though
material property makes sense because actual things are limited in amount
intellectual property doesn't because ideas are unlimited in each and erry way by definition

>How do i explain to a retard that to pirate a game is stealing. He does not get this shit at all.
>How do i explain to a retard that to pirate a game is stealing. He does not get this shit at all.
I just stole your post twice :^)

>You cant have a combination of 0 and 1s in your pc just because ((they)) say so

Lol keep paying a preping the bull sven

either that, or there are good reasons to just pay, like good multiplayer or wanting to support a dev u like (if u plan on buying games from EA, Activision etc just do it on g2a, you would rather give money to a credit card thief than to them)

Jewish people do not want us to access the akashic records to imbibe the knowledge contained therein.

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR WOULD YOU?!

T H I S

played most games never paid for them
cant to expensive they lost nothing since i can not pay for it pretty shitty to afford to and still pirate
given the state of modern gaming industry the kikery i would say your friend has the right ideia tho

Someone else worked for it, you're taking it without paying. Is it theft? Yes.

Is it bad for the producers of video games? No. Gaming had never gotten as big as it is if it wasn't for piracy. A lot of good games would have gone undiscovered.

>>There's no damages to the victim
LOL millennials and my generation are so fucking stupid. They create nothing and question why people want compensation when they do. This is real life and we haven't reached your "Marxist utopia" yet faggots. Rent, utilities, and food all cost money despite what your entitled NEET asses think. The reason games cost money is because the developers are spending their TIME and utilizing their SKILLS, just like a job, in order to produce something you consume once you're done working the job you hate or attending your psychology course at community college. When people stop buying games developers lose income and the amount of time they are able to dedicate to programming and development is cut resulting in a severe drop in quality or the collapse of the studio. The music industry was able to adapt thanks to touring and merchandise so the big names that pack arenas were alright, but the little guy who only saw a fraction of the income from the album is the one who truly suffered. I'm actually speculating that in the coming generations we are going to see a drop in the creative arts due to less people supporting and less children being propped up by their parents. As much as we hate on the boomers they had disposable income and bought their kids instruments or supported them through schooling, but your average millennial doesn't even have enough to buy a fucking meal at a sit down restaurant. I guess I could be completely wrong and we could have Dems for leaders for the following years and health insurance will be single payer and we will have social programs out the ass.

TLDR poorfag GEN Xers and millenials justify it under abstract philosophical arguments such as no physical product or durr hurr adapt your business model to the fact I'm a thief.

>tfw piracy for private use is completely legal in your country

It's only theft for small businesses and I don't pirate shit from small businesses since it's legit theft with them, but I pirate shit from (((mega-corporations))).

But you agree that theft is occurring. You have justified it, not disproven it.

It takes a lot of money and time to produce a game. Developers obviously expect to make a profit by selling it (how would they keep making games otherwise?). By pirating it, you're illegally profiting from their hard work.

Pretty obvious stuff, really.

that is a nice wall of text but
piracy is shown to not affect the gaming industry
and second you deliver a broken product
half of it or a different one than the commercial and expect full price for it and then bitch at people

You have to explain intellectual property first, tard. Copying is not theft until monopoly rights have been granted.

It's like how telling secrets is not unlawful until an NDA is voluntarily agreed to or a government classifies the information under penalty.

Unfortunately in this age of degeneracy, pirating (the fucking base word is PIRATE!) is not viewed as theft because:

A) stealing involves something physical
B) evil corporations
C) "everyone" does it.

Hey PIRATE fags, no not everyone does it.

I've spent $10k - 15k on movies/games in the last 10 years because I'm honest

Pirating = theft

Good goy

No jew will ever get a fucking cent from me as long as I live.

I will teach my son to pirate and he will never give a single penny to jews in his entire life.

Get fucked.

Also, would your friend consider it theft to steal an actual copy of the game from a store? It's literally the same scenario.

it legal here as well police wont pick up people for games they have better things to do

All these fucking slide threads today. So gay.

THIS IS NOT Sup Forums MATERIAL.

Try a real thread for real men.

>I wouldn't pay money for something, so stealing it for free is ok

I wouldn't buy a new car, so if I steal someone else's new car that means it's not theft?

As long as you wouldn't pay for it, it's ok to steal and not pay for it?

FUCKING retard

You don't, because piracy isn't theft Swedekek.

It might not be stealing, but it's still just as immoral.

It might make it a little more ethical, but the principle doesn't change.

Intelectual property is not property
If I steal your pencil, you lose your pencil
i I download your game, you dont lose it
>B-but it could have been sold so he lost the sale
In that case competition is stealing
Someone comes to my shop instead of yours, I'm making you lose profit

Piracy is not stealing. It's piracy. Still a crime, but it's not the same thing.

Stealing is taking something someone else owns thereby depriving him of possession. My having a copy of data doesn't deprive anyone of possession of that data. "Internet piracy" is the opposite of stealing.
Also, Neil Gaiman supports "internet piracy" because, wow, who knew that getting your shit out there will get you known and get sales?
youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI&t=93s

its silly you did not steal the original only made a copy of it
so in your analogy you would copy an existing model of car

Stealing things is legal in Gypsyland. Surprise surprise.

Let them be, the critics of piracy are always the authors that can't make bank on the quality of their product.

Nobody list anything.
So it aint stealing.

is it stealing tho?
if so what have i stole?
and our police have better things to do than chase gamers or attend gay parades like yours

So many poorfags in here.
>"P-p-piracy isn't the same as s-stealing because I'm confusing the word stealing with theft"

IP is a Jewish scam

The amount of self-righteous manchildren in here is incredible. Fuck off to /r9k/ you goddamn moochers.

((()))

so if i buy a game can i make infinite amount of copies or share them with my friends is that better

>Paying for things is a scam
>t. Totally not a jew

>muh knowledge should be protected by the ((government)))

>I wouldn't buy a new car, so if I steal someone else's new car that means it's not theft?
That is stealing because you are depriving the owner of possession, which is what stealing is. Copying data does not deprive anyone of possession, it can not be stealing.
This idea that you can "own" information needs to end. You can't own data, you can''t prevent information being copied and spread.
How much does the MPAA pay to shill for them?

Well technically speaking it is not, in fact, theft. It's copyright infringement, and failure to purchase a license.

Not that I think it's morally justifiable, mind you, but they are in fact different things.

They have something for sale and instead of paying for it you took it ("copied" it illegally without compensation).

You have no morals if you can sit there and say it's not theft.

If you ever created something for a living, and people took it for free, you would certainly be calling it theft...because it is.

But because you're the one stealing, it's not really stealing

>My mommy won't pay for all the childrens games I like so I'm just going to steal them and rationalize it in a profoundly stupid way which makes me a folk hero

Haha. You faggots. Just get a job.

It's not theft, it's copyright infringement. You're changing the terms to make it sound worse.

(((You)))

I stopped using piracy when I was 16 and got a job
All i'm saying is it's not a crime

Yeah because back in my day we would just lend each other games

Sure. I'm just a loser that likes to play a game for a little while. Few weeks or whatever then I don't touch the console or pc for a year.

Aww did leafy Weafy miss the Getty wetty.

Only faggots care what others download, there is no such thing as stealing copied information,

Shut the fuck up. Half of you LARPing 12 year olds don't even understand what usury is. It doesn't mean that shekelsteins don't expect to be paid back. Have you ever owed a jew money? They will remember a 5$ debt till the day they die. It means you're not supposed to charge unnecessary interest or loan to a person you know is unable to pay and then extort them(loan sharking). Even in a Marxist society work needs to be fairly compensated through fair distribution of rations or a fair share in ownership of the means of production. Nothing in life is free, unless you're a thief.

Also, everyone who is saying piracy doesn't hurt games? Why do you think everyone was bitching in the late 2000's about major developers focusing on consoles and the suffering PC games? It's a hell of a lot harder to pirate a console game and most normies can't be bothered with learning how to burn images onto a disc and circumvent the console digital rights management. You who pirated contributed to the "PC master race" being left unrepresented for a while.

Ok, MPAA shill, how can data be owned? How can information be stolen? How is one individual's having a copy of data depriving anyone of anything?
>If you ever created something for a living, and people took it for free, you would certainly be calling it theft
Like a small-time musician I'd just be glad it was out there and someone enjoyed it. And, y'know, maybe exposure leads to sales and no one will buy your shit if no one knows about it.

>they can't make money because the quality sucks, not because people are stealing it

I liked the Kick-Ass movies, and Kick-Ass 3 was the first movie to not be made because the product was too popular with pirates.

Something could be the best ever, but if thieves are going to steal it and too many people are thieves, then a project can fail despite being top-notch

i did not take anything you still have it
also what if i get it from some one who already did buy the game?
again if i make infinite copies of it after i buy it and give them for free or get one for free is it still stealing?

Pretty much this.
If I do buy a game its second hand and then I'd trade it back so its basically renting.

I'm not a shill, I'm a rare breed: an honest person.

Sure, guys. I'm the jew because I pay for things and don't steal the honest labour of other people.
You guys TOTALLY aren't niggers who don't value work.

>Pirate game
>Complete it
>Buy it later to support game because you enjoyed it
or
>Pirate game
>Don't enjoy it
>Don't buy said game in order to not support said dev
I still buy music, but I'd be an idiot not to listen to the artist on Youtube or something first. Winrar runs on a similar format in which it reminds you that it isn't "free", but knows that good publicity comes from offering it with no upfront cost.

>I liked the Kick-Ass movies
Well, that's your own problem. Maybe you should stop having shit taste.

Yes but we're not talking about rent, utilities. We are talking about data.
And millennials buy more games than anyone. But they also pirate more than anyone.
They pirate the shit they'd never buy themselves just to try it. They might play it for a day. If they like it? They often buy it. Because updates to the game and extra content is very hard to keep up with and acquire regularly through piracy.
I pirate games like hell. I also buy tons of them. I buy the good ones. I want to support the developers of the games I like too.
But I sample and discard and never pay for the stuff I don't like.
As a consumer? I don't get ripped off anymore.
It's a damn fine thing.
If that makes me a thief? I give no fucks.

Just looked at this wall of text and laughed. Didn't even read it but I know your are assmad

Bullshit. Piracy did NOT hurt games, every 2017 multiplayer game has a shitty Russian server cracked. The industry from 2000-2010 was operated by military Intel, Microsoft operates Xbox at a loss to do military and consumer research, retard... That doesn't mean anyone wants to go play Battlefield at 1/2 connection rate

Only gypsies and niggers don't consider piracy as stealing.

Your argument sucks, I can't steal shit from you if you still have it the whole time..

No one has a responsibility to make other peoples businesses work.

All the money in music is in live performances now anyway.

Only an elf considers a glacier their homeland

Why the fuck should i buy a game that some cunt is charging for 80 dollars 10 years after release when i can download it online?

This poorfag can't get $80 together lol

>profit stops dictating art
>bad