BLAME

I just wanna say I've just finished the 8th volume, and I am pretty disappointed...
Exept for the 1st volume, it's not that cryptic.
Action prevails on meditation, and the phylosophy is pretty poor.
Also don't like the "immortal" kind of protagonist.
It's clear the silicon creatures represent the humans, who destroyed the world in their search for immortality...
Apart from that, everything is bland

>It's clear the silicon creatures represent the humans, who destroyed the world in their search for immortality...

I think you need to reread it again.

Or read the related manga, Biomega and a few others. The lore goes deep.

>blame
>metaphorical
ahahahaha you fucking child
it is 100% literal

What? You were looking for some strange stuff in the manga. Man, I just liked the really big environment he had to walk through, and the timescale it took. It fascinates me.

too deep

The Silicon Creatures were firewalls within the divine machine of the City.

Or were they the computer virus which infected the netwrosk and began eradicating the original human masters? I sort of forgot.

explain?

Neither. What?

They were transhumanist anarchic hackers who stole Safeguard technology from the Netsphere.

Maybe I am gonna read Abara...

I read Biomega and Sidonia are moe

Well,,,people say this is a very deep manga....
then it is just BLAM BLAM BLAM

Oh yeah, during battles (particulary those ones with the big robots) it's all too messy

Safeguards were firewalls within the divine machine of the City.

Silicon creatures are just ex-human who fuck around

It is deep. Lore-wise. The world of Blame is extremely complex. Nobody ever claims that Blame has some obfuscated meaning. I doubt you'll be able to find a post where someone argued that.

>Lore-wise
the deepest part was the love story between the Toha's AI and Seu...and Dhomockevsky's dead

>I didn't read the manga lol

I AM READING THE MANGA RIGHT NOW...
Still 2 volumes left

Why are ESLs always so fuckin slow
like, I get that they might not look at shit in the same way as the rest of us, but why can they not add 2 + 2

Why people think there was a love story between him and Pcell?

Also why they think he was a human?

Nobody who read the manga thinks he's human. Stop posting in these threads if you haven't read the manga.

Davinel was a boy

if you;re into traps you can say so

There is little to no metaphorical subtext in Blame!, and no one that I have seen has ever argued as such.

It is literally a story about a guy going up.

That's it.

that's bad

I was looking for something similar to Texhnolyze/Lain

Blame reminds me of Johnny Mnemonic

What the fuck are you even talking about? Only reason Blame! gets praise is because of the world and atmosphere, not because it is a super deep metaphorical story like you want it to be. You're a fucking try hard contrarian who should be lurking for at least another year if you just now read Blame!

>who destroyed the world in their search for immortality.

why the can't people just enjoy art?
do you even understand what 'the world' is?
or how far into the future the timepoint is? immortality has come and gone friend, it is the systems that maintain immortality ( of human beings ) that are now in ruins

jesus why bother fucking kys

Did you read the same thing we did?

Who sells Blame! legitimately?

I hoped to see something special...

it's not cryptic at all

Im still looking for a youtube review of BLAME!
I wanna be spoonfeeded

Nihei is all about the crazy architecture, not the story or the subtext. You looked in the wrong direction.

Not only is the world special, but so is the scale at which it is presented. I have no idea why you would go into this manga expecting it to be some cryptic, metaphorical, and deep story. Is that something you came up with in your head on baseless observations before reading it? Did someone troll you into reading this manga like it was some deep introspection of the human condition? Mango is drawn art first, and the worlds that Nihei presents to the reader on that medium are special.

Nihei is acclaimed for making these detailed and unique worlds on a grand scale, but there has always been known criticism for his characters and plot. The reason why Blame! probably gets so much more praise than Sidonia is because Blame! is really meant to be a purely visual experience of the world so it is fine that the plot itself isn't told the best or if the characters don't have the best interactions (and have a little bit of same face).

It is literally 10 volumes of great art of a cool scifi world shown through Killy's journey.