Who /never watching the pokemon anime ever again/ here?

who /never watching the pokemon anime ever again/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs
youtube.com/watch?v=3eAm7XADWAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't watched it since I was 10, so I guess that counts

Wait, what happened, did he lose? I'm gonna die laughing if he did.

what happened? don't tell he lost again

I'm surprised people were watching it up to this point.
Shit is awful.

>people actually expected character development from a monster of the week show

>People actually thought he was going to win

____yes____

I mean I wasn't watching, but from what I heard the show did a REALLY good impression of turning around.

I can't blame people for believing. But I'm still laughing.

I don't get what the writers have to lose if they let ash win a league

You have to be over 18 to post.

I stopped after season 1

I don't understand what's everybody's problem.
He became Vice-Champion, that's his best result.

Ash having something under his belt would make them have to tweak the formula a little, and they're too lazy for that.

Congratulations on developing basic pattern recognition skills. Maybe one day the rest of Sup Forums can get that down.

Ashfags, please step forward so we can summarily execute you for being such fucking losers

Like, for TWO FUCKING WEEKS you spammed ASH IS GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ASH IS GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE ASH IS GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE

Any skepticism was met with derision and shitposting

So now, after your boy blew it for the seventh time, I think it's only fair that you allow us to murder you.

Like with a baseball bat

You annoying fucking cucks

It is good until it turns into digital animation, so Ruby and Sapphire.

I stopped at Gen 3 or something

seventh? I thought there was only six leagues.

Why the fuck would people over the age 12 even watch it?

Since long, all characters has become robotic beings of perfectness comparable to the protags in those North Korean propaganda cartoons.

I'm guessing next time he'll win, they can't ignore how much everyone hated this ending. Of course they won't come out and say he'll win next time because that would spoil it, but they're already probably going to lose a ton of viewers this time and even more if the same shit happens again.

You are not their audience, they don't give a FUCK about what you think.

I dropped it a little after the 2nd league.
The whole great animation's and hype around that he might win the league brought me back for nostalgia reasons, but yea not picking it up again, fool me once.

I'm debating between starting Konosuba and Kono Biju to cheer myself up. Which do you guys recommend?

The people in Japan hated it too though if this is anything to go by.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkDBCBiFsMs

Konosuba. The other one is garbage

do you really think kids would rather see him lose than win

>pokecucks actually believing Ash would ever win a relevant League

What sad pathetic little fucks you are. After six generations you should know better.

>those dislikes

Did even BW have a reaction this bad?

We hoped. Ash was becoming more strategy oriented, not to mention he had a super special bond with his super special ninja frog. His team was fully evolved, he had the Gen 6 equivalent to Dragonite, he had everything. He legitimately had a chance.

Now that we know Sun/Moon has no gyms, this was the last league Ash could win.

The new kids that begin to watch the show every generation would indeed like to see him win rather than lose, but considering the fact that Ash losing the league to Alan has very little stakes in the narrative, it's not as crushing to children as it is to all of the older viewers that came out of the woodwork.

To older viewers, the stakes of the match were high for contexts outside of the actual work. This character that is ingrained in many of our childhoods has never won a canon Pokemon League, and if there was any time for him to win, it would have been now. All of his Pokemon except Pikachu are fully evolved and obedient. His opponent wasn't carrying around any legendaries to stand in his way either. Also, he has the world's strongest Greninja.

But you know, hype culture sucks. It made many people forget that the Pokemon anime is still the Pokemon anime. It just happens to be better than it has ever been this time around, and that's great for fans of the show all things considered.

>Sun/Moon has no gyms
?

It has "Island Challenges" now which are only 4 and composed of sub-tests that aren't limited to battles.

Wow, that sounds bad.
Glad I don't give a fuck about Pokemon games anymore.

That sounds really awful

Pokemon is just fucking retarded now with LOLSORANDUMB designs for fucking everything like the fucking palm tree Exeggutor.

They should just ax it. The real fans obviously don't care anymore if Nintendo's just putting all this dumb stupid-looking shit willy-nilly.

I honestly gave up hope and realized he would never win the PL after sinnoh league, he had a great team, great style, and looked to even win the fucking thing. But what do they do? Pull some gary stu with a team full of legendaries to stomp ash into oblivion then make Ash retarded in the next league so they wouldn't have to chime in too much effort.

They really showed they're willing to go above and beyond to make sure Ash doesn't win.

Alolan exeggutor is based, what are you smoking?

>fucking palm tree Exeggutor.
>edgy spiky recolours
>the palm tree is bad
Nah man. Long neck was actually pretty cool.

I dropped it when I was fucking 10 years old and he lost the league due to Charizard falling asleep or some shit. How have people actually been holding on for this long?

Guess if you count Orange Islands (the filler one he won) that's 7?

It's fucking stupid and you know it. Stupid-ass design that's taking dumb preschoolers into account only and not the true fans.

>no true scottsman

they never said there were only 4

bw had a tsumani that excused it a bit.

still sucked though.

What the hell is even the point of this gif?

It's fine. Especially relative to the other changes. I might be bias because I grew up in the tropics but I love the more accurate palm design. It's stupid and I thought it was meaningless at first but it's also pretty playful and fun.

>playful
Stupid buzzwords an argument do not make

Cute animu

>people watch this shit after he released his butterfree

Fuck that. Ash is a faggot.

I did this too because I got pissed off at him losing the league when I was a kid.

Watch both. This guy has garbage taste.

Has anyone made a pastaorthy butthurt rant on youtube already?

This honestly was the biggest kick in the balls the anime has ever pulled. DP at least had my respect for making Ash lose for a completely logical reason. Anyone would have lost to Tobias's crazy team full of legendarily,and Ash performed valiantly considering his situation.

But in XY everything was clearly set up for Ash to win, and his loss came out of nowhere for no reason. He got a super-special snowflake OG powerup which was foreshadowed for ages to be one of the strongest things in existence (even matching the fucking regional champion) yet when time came he lost the final confrontation. At this point it's clear that everything that was set up in XY is a red herring, including the romance with Serena (which will now clearly be dropped and never mentioned again). BW had the decency of clearly being shit from the beginning, but XY is shit in disguise, which is a far greater insult.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eAm7XADWAQ

>Stupid buzzwords an argument do not make

>It's fucking stupid and you know it
>Stupid-ass design
>dumb preschoolers
>not the true fans.

People who were still watching the anime hoping for anything to remain from season to season or for Ash to win a league were fucking delusional. Most people gave up on the series ages ago for the very glaring, obvious problems with it that apparently /vp/ is only discovering 20 years later.

Thank you grand dad

>He actually expected somebody Ash to win in an anime going on for at least 20 years without him doing shit

I've never watched pokemon.

Don't be daft. This season was doing something different from the very start, with new directors and writing staff. It fucking centered around hyping Ash as the league winner, something they never did before, plus it lined up with shit like the anniversery and recent normie boom and a new game without a league. It was perfectly reasonable to think he would finally win as that's how they were selling it.

They never did this kind of bait and switch before. As said the other league losses were far more respectable. This was just fraudulent and nonsensical.

Protip, Pokemon doesn't have a story, it's just a series of excuses to showcase Pokemon. Nothing is more sacred than the status quo. Progress is a banned word. It's as if Ash resetting his team (and experience as a trainer) every fucking season didn't teach you anything.

where the fuck are subtitles for 38? looked everywhere, raw has been up for hours, finding nothing.

There are no crunchy subs to just rip. The subs have to be done manually.

Literally what is the point? Is there some life lesson trying to be taught with this loser? Everyone who played even one pokemon game is already better than him.

>what's the point?
Showcase the franchise.

I literally remember anons hyping up Sinnoh and Best wishes as a radical change in the series direction that would end with Ash winning the league. With you delusional morons, it's always the last series that was the franchise's worst sin and the current series the messiah that will save it. It will never change.
is the only truth.

Ash will never win a single official league.

Winning means he finally achieves his goal of becoming a recognized Pokémon master, which means he won't have a real reason to travel to the next region, which means that they'll have to come up with a new protagonist, which is just too much wooooooork.

The Pokémon anime thrives on status quo and stagnation, since the production is both lazy and unwilling to mess with the formula too much, and they have the excuse of it just being a massive advertisement for the games and merch to care or try harder.

Bbbut user I wanted to believe...
It made so much sense to have him win. I'll never forget this betrayal.

>Best wishes
are you retarded

But you'll keep watching, vainly hoping that THIS SERIES, it'll be different.

Maybe you'll see the truth in another 20 years.

Nope, granted it was only for the first few episodes before people soured on it, but it was going to be hot shit.

>loses
>had a water pokemon going up against a fire pokemon

You literally don't watch the show if you think it's even comparable. The difference is the show itself hyping Ash as the league winner, harder than ever.

In Sinnoh he had a series long conflict with his rival, which was resolved in a satisfying way. BW was a mess from the start and the league matched. XY centered entirely around building up a league victory, and even skipped straight to the semifinals, further than Ash had ever gone before.

This was a straight up bait-and-switch.

But he didn't blow that one.

How worth is a 3DS? Currently emulating pokemon black and I'm kind of trying to catch up to the games again

No one expected Ash to win at all after the shit show it was.
This... This was different. I actually believed it would happen and I'm very skeptical.

/r/equesting webms of the lose.

you can get a used 2ds for cheap and install cfw

>watching pokemon
I'm not 7 anymore tbhonest

i stopped watching in 2002
why are you doing this to yourself

>Watching the anime
>Not reading the superior manga

Nostalgiafags stay cucked

Fire/Dragon so Water is down to normal damage

>still watching pokemon

Whoever does this deserves to be cucked in this fashion. I'm glad pokemon fags got what was coming to them.

I don't remember the last time I watched it.
I don't like animes with fuckton of episodes.

Also I hate the "Pokemon are aways stronger than humans" atmosphere on pokemon fandom.
YEAH I KNOW JESSY BEATEN DOWN AN SNAKE POKEMON AND CATCHED IT WITH HER OWN HANDS.

OF COURSE I DON'T WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW
It's pure garbage that was never going to go anywhere and has been for at least 15 years now. It's obvious shit and today everyone who stopped watching because of this has been vindicated. Anyone who doesn't buy into the delusion stopped watching years ago, my not watching the show is not a valid rebuttal as it has been shown the show has not substantially changed, Ash still will never win a league and there's still nothing of value in it if you're not delusional.

Wow what a shitty climax. Didn't even end on the fist fight the two 'mons had right before.

>Not watching sumo for chicken chan, lana, and team skull

Your fault for hyping yourself up and failing at basic pattern recognition.

>But what do they do? Pull some gary stu with a team full of legendaries to stomp ash into oblivion then make Ash retarded in the next league so they wouldn't have to chime in too much effort.
This makes it sound like Ash lost the league so hard he was literally mindbroken. Fuck winning the league, I wanna see THAT anime.

How did Japan react? I know Ash trended in Japan, though, but were they as mad as the West?

It's possible that Mallow might be the companion next season though, not Chicken-chan.

Mallow is going to be Brock.

Chicken chan is gonna be """main""" girl

Could be wrong though

Except for the fact that water still had the type advantage in being resistant to fire

>"Pokemon are aways stronger than humans" atmosphere
What the fuck are you talking about?

No, it was still shit.
The anime just has a legion of blind followers that will do whatever they can to make their trash look good.

>OF COURSE I DON'T WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW

Then you don't have the werewithal to argue.

Nobody is denying that it was a waste in retrospect, but no one could have known that for sure until today. Maybe they inadvertently predicted it by being extremely skeptical, but again, the changes in production and writing made it perfectly reasonable to expect a change, especially when they outright advertised this change. It's the classic definition of bait-and-switch, in relation to advertising.

I reminder this guy right here won the Pokemon league over 15 years before Ash did.

>current year
>still watching pokemon

I never really inquired, but do Red and Ash exist in the same universe? I mean, what it feels like is that the anime, the manga, and the games, are all kind of separate, even though they sometimes take place in the same locations.

>chaizard is a dragon I swear daddy!