What is it with WSJ long series shonen always ending in the most shitty way possible ?

What is it with WSJ long series shonen always ending in the most shitty way possible ?

Because the endings are almost always rushed, end too early or go on for too long. It's the fate of being released in WSJ

Houshin Engi ended pretty well IMO. Though it's an exception.

I guess the cutthroat nature of Jump lends itself to making artists either go past the point where they still have ideas for the story or axing them when the numbers aren't good anymore, regardless of whether it suits the story or not at that point.

Would be nice if those series who have run for a while, but went past their prime, would move to a magazine with lower circulation to finish up the plot in a dignified way. Say, a retirement mag, where the author has exactly one year to wrap things up.

Bleach was clearly cancelled.

They gave Kubo years for the final arc. Wonder why they suddenly had enough of his shit.

There was probably a condition or something happening behind the scenes that he didn't like and decided to end it early. Bleach is big enough that even if it was last spot, they'd keep it running until the end.

People are kind of explaining it, but let's be clear. You can be canceled any time in most rags like Shounen Jump, right? So most writers tend to expand their stories slowly and don't make long term stories- it's why so many manga like Naruto feel like the early shit doesn't fit with the later shit, it's because the writer probably never thought he'd reach this far. And no matter how long you've run your manga, you can be canceled - so at any time you have but a few moments to wrap up everything. Which is impossible. Which leads to shit like Mahou Sensei Negimas shit ending and this particular shit ending. It feels rushed and shit? Too bad, he was likely told "you have X number, finish it."

>Komamura was pointless
>Yamamoto was pointless
>Espadas were pointless
>Aizen did fucking nothing and he still exists
>Aizen's plan was pointless because ended up saving SS
>Soul King was pointless, under explained and disappointing
>Ichigo being a Quincy/Hollow/Shinigami aberration did nothing, was pointless and changed nothing
>Explaining the Zanpakutos are artificial was pointless
>Ichigo coming in terms with his three powers was pointless becuuse lol Ychwach
>Ychwach powers are pointless because lel weakness
>The whole Uryuu bullshit at the war was pointless
>Uryuus vs Ychwach could have been an interesting final fight because of opposing powers, but lol no, lets deus ex machina this shit
>Developing two fantastic double agent villains to have one of them killed and the other doing fucking nothing
>The Vizards and their powers were pointless
>The Fullbringers were pointless
>3/4 of the shinigami where pointless

The whole manga is full of stuff like this, shit that lead to nothing and was only cool on theory.

Fucking why?

Because Bleach has too many characters for it's slow pacing.

I knew the final arc was going to be a trainwreck when Kubo introduced 26 fucking quincies.

Dragon Ball had a nice ending, Goku finds Buu's reincarnation and decides to train him so he can utilize his full power. It wasn't perfect, but it made people less upset compared to other series.

Maybe it's because everyone already got married.

Then again DBZ had a simple plot and nothing complex. With a simple and tight crew of characters that he had already begun to phase out for years and given them early ends, DBZs ending was always gonna be a walk.

The master of well developed endings was FMA . Good job, writer. That was a tight ending and everything was concluded in a good, formidable way.

I blame Bleach's bloated cast.

your penance for following bleach past soul society

To me, Bleach ended with Aizen dead and Ichigo losing his powers.

I wonder how One Piece is going to end.

and so, the treasure has...

Introducing Quincies for each fucking letter of the alphabet was such a shit idea. His editor should have stepped in, if he had any idea about Kubo running out of time. And to top it off, he just had to add those irritating upper tier Quincies on top of the 26. I'm kinda mad that Kubo had us sit through the talking hand, the sniper chicken and most of all the second miracle man, when he should have been focusing on wrapping things up. Would it have killed him to have, say, letters C though G be the top tier bunch that have to be decimated by all those guys whose Bankai we still haven't seen? And those fucking fights. Miracle Viking and Haschwald piss me off especially. Miracle chump kept harping on about his invincibility when he got his shit pushed in again and again, only to have him recalled to get him out of the picture. Really Kubo? No clever scheme to have the shinigami win in their own terms, so we could have the satisfaction of Miraculix finally shutting up? Same for Haschwald. All that mystery and baiting about whether he'll do something special, only to have him die from a recall as well and Ishido being pretty much inconsequential. Don't get me started on Chad.

RUKIA LOST NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ever play Borderlands?

You are half a day late

>decide to read from beginning again
>tfw only now at the end of the master do I understand
Truly kubo was the ultimate little memester

summary: 10/10

Aww, fuck me that would be terrible. Tentacles and disappointment.

Sometimes when they're cancelled, they get a few bonus chapters in Square. It happened for Magico, Nurarihyon, and Beelzebub in recent memory.

I liked it when it was hip kids being /fa/ as fuck and protecting their podunk town from ghosts

Doesn't matter how it does, Whatever One Piece is won't match up to the expectations.

Also for me

Hmm, good theory, but what might that be? An IchiRuki ending? Arbitrary changes to Yhwach's or the Soul King's backstory? Maybe resurrecting certain characters? Possibly a whole arc of shit Kubo discarded?

The fullbring arc tried to bring back the spirit of that, the problem was having dozens of training chapters instead of adventure and battles throughout. It could have been adored by the fandom with some radical changes.

>It could have been adored by the fandom with some radical changes.
well gee no duh

you could say that about anything.

Kubo did a better job at killing off the Quincy army than he did with the Arrancars. But when he decided that the four elites each deserved 11 chapters, Kubo showed his arrogance.

Where did the flashbacks of Bazz-something happen?

What is the origin of Wandereich? Why was Ywach riding a horse in the past?

How are those ends shitty?

I know it hurts that the girl you like doesn't win but eh, still as long as someone wins is fine, at least it gives closure. Don't confuse you being butthurt with it being shitty

Negima or Reborn! now those were a bad endings since couldn't even qualify as endings.

Anyone got that list of all the lost plot points?

>I know it hurts that the girl you like doesn't win
it goes beyond that. there plot holes fucking everywhere in this end.

The Japanese can not do endings.
Ever.
It's like their kryptonite.

Penultimate chapter: Lol, we are getting another arc
Final chapter: Just kidding, bye

Probably has something to do with money, I really doubt WSJ would give a shit about what Kubo is doing in Bleach as long as he just follows the standard rules

>How are those ends shitty?
Because they literally skipped over the second half a entire arc, Remember when Kubo said Bleach would go on for at least 10 more years back in 2010?

>Dragon Ball had a nice ending, Goku finds Buu's reincarnation and decides to train him so he can utilize his full power
The context of that ending has never made any sense especially since they've gone about hiding Uub in every post series material outside Majin Neko and GT. Really the meta reason is just a half ass attempt of symbolism because Gohan turned out to be a disappointment and Toriyama also wanted a "pass the torch" ending (Geez they were a thing even back then)

Medaka Box ending was good

Not that long chapter-wise, but still

So how powerful is this kid right now? I bet he he beat the shit out of his dad in Chapter 1.

Months of epilogue.

>miracle man
Wait, the Miracle Man has been sighted?

>Say, a retirement mag, where the author has exactly one year to wrap things up.
What makes you think that's not how they do it in JUMP? When Naruto and Bleach were ending, Kishi and Kubo both made comments alluding to how it's the last arc. We also sense it in how Sorachi is finally addressing the Shouyou-sensei plotline in Gintama. Authors who run long enough seem to be given ample time to wrap up before ending. Is it WSJ's fault Kubo squandered on his?

Generally Jump tries to end multiple series at a time. Nisekoi ended two weeks ago, Bleach ends now.

Kekkaishi had a nice ending. Really made it feel as if the characters lives would go on beyond the last page and we just wouldn't be there to see it.

Luffy getting executed the same way Roger did.

The only good ending was Yu Yu Hakusho's. Fullmetal was ok, I guess, for the overhyped "meh" manga it was. The rest of well made endings are all sad, japs can't into happy endings without going full cliché.

I'm guessing that the Editors and Mangaka sit down and outline how the story is going to progress for the next X years if the Manga is hot, right?
So I can imagine Kubo sitting down with his editors 4 years ago and agreeing 'this is the plan of action, this arc or manga will end sometime in 20XX".

So, my question is, did Kubo just burn what time he had on stuff that didn't follow the original flight plan, or did his editors decide to give him X months to Shut it down rather then finish with the original plan?

If you read Bakuman, writers usually get given 4 weeks to end their shit.

It's hilariously sad to think that one of the big 3 got axed.

Should have ended that shit after Aizen arc.

>tfw the asspull was that there was no asspull

Genius!

Nah, it's obvious he bailed on them. He has made public statements about keeping the manga running longer and WSJ wouldn't have let him make those statements to begin with if he wasn't allowed to stay that long

only one left

not really

Christ, I would be afraid to write a long, intricate manga with that kind of "hey, you got 4 weeks to shut this shit down" gun at your head

I would just rage quit to be honest.

nuruto and bleh are abominiations that got out of control due to popularity and the authors not knowing what to do with it

Oda is a great mangaka on par with Toriyama
sure, One Piece isn't perfect, but it's on a completely different level than nururu and bloch, which were just fads and will be forgotten

>japanese can't do endings
sometimes, user.

That's exactly what Kubs did.

Did Naruto also get the "shut this shit down in 4 weeks" firing?

One Piece has no shipping at all, which is what more or less fueled Naruto and Bleach's popularity for years. That is what makes it better than the latter two. It doesn't rely on petty garbage like that for his paycheck.

No, because more people gave a shit about it and was a hell of a lot more consistent than Laundry Detergent.

I ship Luffy with.... Laboon.

>No Shipping
>Hancock
>Nami
>Vivi

a-am i the only one here who is satisfied with this ending ?

Nothing needs to have a point. I've known for a while everything but Ichigo's journey isn't relevant to the story.

Want to really bkow your mind?

>Hell's gate

So the spoilers were real, but the spoiler pic was fake. Why? Did someone who have the raws go through the effort of drawing Ichika and pretending it was real when they could have just posted part of the raw itself to back up the spoilers?

I have not been in threads yet today.

Has Kubo made a public statement about this shit? I demand explanations. What the fuck.
This ending was the biggest trainwreck Ive ever seen.

what was Aizen's bankai?

^this
supposedly there was going to be an announcement

keikakus

There was an announcement: New Bleach Live-Action spinoff starring Ichikai and Ichigo's kid.

>because Gohan turned out to be a disappointment
What about Goten?

Consider how many plot lines were killed by the rush end.

Rukia and Ichigo don't team up at the end, even though Urahara said it was up to them.

Zaraki's story goes nowhere.

Ganju and the Shiba shit is never dealt with. His plan never comes to fruition.

The fullbringers never do anything.

Shunsui's master plan is never explained.

Both fathers never do anything in spite of having a plan with Urahara and instead just give Ishida the Jojo arrow.

Ishida never uses his power in spite of it being described as the one power that could overturn the effects of Almighty.

Ichigo never makes good on his promise to save Hallibell.

All I want to hear is "this is all just a ruse. The real ending will come in a fully fleshed out 200 page special"

>We'll never know how Ishida kept escaping from the gaze of Ywh
I mean, if the guy can see everything, he can see a future where this punk shoots him with an arrow.

Plotholes are from WSJ rushing Kubo.

How sure are you that OP won't suffer a similar fate when it comes close to the final chapters?

I know it's Oda, but business is business

Did Oda dedicate entire arcs to Nami being a useless liability that screams "LUFFY! LUFFY!" every other panel? Of course he didn't because he actually knows how to develop his characters.

There will probably be 1 more data book

Well, OP actually sells extremely well, unlike Bleach did.

tfw old bleach never return

Why would WSJ rush Kubo?

It's in their best interest to milk Bleach as long as they can since it still sells decently regardless of rankings.

More likely than not it was Kubo that wanted to wrap things up but didn't allot himself enough chapters to do it.

Anyone know what sort of Black Magic it took to get AssClass its ending?

>read Naruto all the way through for the threads and shitposting
>read Bleach all the way through for the threads
>dropped One Piece at Punk Hazard because it was insanely slow and the threads sucked because One Piece wasn't a trainwreck that people loved to watch

>Chad is a super powered freak that can destroy entire city blocks with his punches
>he becomes a boxer
How is this fair to all the poor normalfags he's going up against? Even if he doesn't activate his powers his baseline strength is already ridiculous.

Who won in the Nisekoi?
I dropped it after oneshot

Gorilla AKA a shit

>mfw Kuuga, Agito, W's (next to laste episode), OOO's, Gaim's, & Ryuki's ending

Remember about half a year ago when Bleach threads contained people who seriously thought that Kubo had a plan, and used phrases like "low level reader" unironically to describe people who doubted him?

That's the problem, Bleach was no longer selling.

Reminds me of Sup Forums's OP fanbase and their Spee D. Reader boogeyman.

No. I don't need to see the resolution of side characters, nor do I need them to be particularly effective after they serve their purpose to the plot.

Odysseus didn't sail back to all the places in his journey to say what's up. The idea that a story needs to end a certain way to satisfy "fans" is ridiculous, and only serves to show how spoiled we are by hollywood.

Bleach did not rank well in WSJ but it still sold Volumes. They could have moved Bleach from WSJ another of their Magazines. I feel there's more than meets the eye here.

>tfw loved fullbring arc
>all those fans bitching about it made kubo's editors rush him and axe that shit
>0 conclusion for all that chad build up
fucking kill me

This is an even worse ending than Naruto and Naruto's ending fucking sucked.

At least most of the plot and side characters didn't disappear into the ether in Naruto's ending- even if they did the boring "everyone paired off nicely and fucked and had kids" thing.

Like do we know for sure that Bleach got canned, or was this literally Kubo's intended ending? I really don't want to believe the latter.

>At least most of the plot and side characters didn't disappear into the ether
They just disappeared into a God-Like Momma Ninja

>we find out next month Kubo was diagnosed with the japanese cold
>he himself rushed to just slap a wrapper on bleach so he could go to soul society without regrets, unlike so many other writers who end up leaving unfinished business behind