ANIME IS REAL!!!!!

SOUTH KOREA IS CREATING GIANT MECHS TO PATROL THE DMZ!!!! THE FUTURE OF WARFARE IS GIANT MECHS!!! THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=f4LYGil7kOo

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/vitalybulgarov/?hl=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine
youtube.com/watch?v=1k2uSSFs_Xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no they aren't, bipedal mechs will never be a thing because they are a mechanical nightmare, you are totally fucked if the legs stop working in the middle of a battlefield, you are totally fucked if you fall over, and you are a bigger, possibly SLOWER target than a vehicle with treads

>FUTURE OF WARFARE IS GIANT MECHS
then war has no purpose.

if you're only going to fight with machines then that means the country that con produce the most machines will win defacto everytime.

this is why we haven't just implemented terminators yet.

Just lead it down the stairs. Haven't you seen Robocop?

Bingo.

And even then, it wouldnt make sense to put a human in one when they can be operated remotely.

>ANIME IS REAL!!!!!
i dont give a shit about some stupid mech suits where are my loli waifus

also, while you may also be fucked in an immobile armored vehicle in combat, a mech is not an armored blob, people would be shooting at the legs, the arms, etc, and it could only be so armored without being too slow, then there's the power source question

Thats the entire point of war

>if you're only going to fight with machines then that means the country that con produce the most machines will win defacto everytime.

So if war is about being fair why dont the US throw away all their tech and fight with AK's and IEDs.

This is stage one, we have time to improve. All hardware can fail in some situations, Tanks lose tracks etc. The pilot can jump out anyway. They can build eject seats.

>They can build eject seats
that make you a floating target above the battlefield

>not building the walker from bf2142
What a waste

"They" are working on it, calm down.

They can destroy the stairs, It wont matter.

>and it could only be so armored without being too slow

Slow is fine if the armour is strong enough.

>then there's the power source question

Nuclear

>that make you a floating target above the battlefield

With smoke and evasive flairs, and the ejector seat is a drone and can fly for miles super fast.

>.t retard

You don't know anything, stop pretending like you do.

>Nuclear
who is going to make these parts? what implications does miniaturized nuclear power safe enough to fight with have for the oil market?

Yep. There is literally no advantage from bipedal mechs.
>gets stuck in dirt easier because high pressure per area because no treads
>will be heavy as fuck if they are going to be protected by bullets, huge surface area
>tall target
>only blowing one leg off probably enough to demobilize it
We will probably skip the mech stage and go straight to something more stealthy, that carries deadlier weapons. Being formless becomes more important as weapon technology advances.

There is nothing in mechas except the cool-factor.

>who is going to make these parts?

SpaceX

>what implications does miniaturized nuclear power safe enough to fight with have for the oil market?

It will be bad for the oil market but Its a finite resource anyway, we need to move away from it.

>*tips over*

WOW GREAT MECH

reminder gundams are more effective then mechwarrior shit

Nuclear has been about politics and preventing technology spread rather than what is possible. Nor is nuclear a pancea, you have tradeoffs to reduce system mass.

NERF
E
R
F

Call me when we have robotech

THEY'RE DOING IT
THEY'RE MAKING GUNDAM
REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLL

What about instead of for war we use them to patrol our streets as law enforcement? Just imagine A patrol of 16 Police mechs walking through Times square.

>You get to live in the timeline where memes come true and Trump makes Mecha anime real

We don't have a good enough power source to operated those without a tether yet.

The limbs are just vessels for the thrusters.

no shit retard. gundams are literally magic. mechwarrior mechs are realisic. all we need to make one is myomer and fusion reactors.

Like robocop, except those mechs sucked because they can't follow up a fucking flight of stairs.

This is the guy that came up with the concept:

Dude is talanted as fuark

instagram.com/vitalybulgarov/?hl=en

Watch them get hacked and start jerking off with their giant robo dicks in front of Kim, and Kim just sits there and smiles. "you have already lost"

>t. legit retard
look up the history of the bradley fighting vehicle and tell me it would be a good idea to have mechs on the battlefield, not to mention the cost (think f-35 but these things get shot the fuck up and have to be sent back to the factory when it stops working, all to do the job of vehicles we already have)
why not just have flying saucers then

>GOLIATH ONLINE

>when the americans watch too much pacific rim and gundam.

looks like it can tip over pretty easy desu

Yeah, if you have a demilitarized population, you could have mechs. But just like police forces do not need tanks, they don't need mechs

In terms of hominids, its a sahelanthropus

Cool as fuck.

ASIMO could do stairs years ago. Not a problem.

Name all the advantages a mech can have over a MBT.

Scale him up and see how that goes.

they really are worst japan.

> no railgun
> no icbm's attached to the frame
> no plasma laser

What a shockingly disgraceful attempt at metal gear. Looks more like a securatron.

It seems you have not grasped the point of war yet and which role technology plays in it...

>mechs
lol no. too much effort for something that could only work in a riot control situation. Any capable military would be able to take out mechs. Mechs would be easier to take down then a foot soldier almost, because they have a verticle size larger than a tank but the fragility of a fucking man on stilts.

A-10s
Missiles
Even a fucking steel cable.

Any of these aiming for the mech will take it down.

What we should focus on instead, if it's going to be a sci-fi aspect, is human augmentation and stealth options, or possibly both. Make the foot soldier stronger and they still maintaing a relatively similar size while also being able to take down multiple soldiers at once. In the end production, the sci-fi augmentation would be able to have skin that can stop bullets, or soldiers who can lift massive amounts of weight, or being able to run at incredible speeds (Which is already in prototype stages with exo skeletons)

Another thing we could focus on is robotic soldiers (Which are already far in development) or exoskeletons (As long as they aren't as large as mech suits)

Mechs are cool as fuck but impracticle in anything other than riot control/street warfare.

For battlefield application its shit but what about population control? Arm this thing with some microwave weapons/tazers and stuff and let it break up demonstrations. People would piss themselves surounded by a few robots this tall.

*Scanning for melanin enriched individuals*

Great so how long until everyone goes full retard and starts going to war so teenagers can make everyone look bad

I'd sell my fucking kidney for a Zaku

I now want to live in a timeline we’re Patlabor is a thing

Check'd and soon, lad.

>Gundams are magic
You're thinking of super-robo, only G gundam is that.

Stairs, and a single RPG. Fall down, go boom.

Delete this before second posts about Vietnam

This is true, however I do have a question I've wondered for quite a while:

what would be the best movement system for a machine not using wheels/treads? If not bipedal legs, should we try quadruped? Octopod? Something other than legs entirely?

Quad legs with wheels like the tachikomas in GitS SAC

Skin that could stop bullets would lead to use of higher-calibre guns. Skin that would also stop high-calibre bullets (''skin'' probably made of something inorganic) would be so heavy and probably costly, it would be worthwhile to have special guns deployed against them. Exoskeletons could probably be useful in anti-guerilla war that the US is right now doing in Middle-East, but I don't see the use in conventional warfare. Too costly for bretty marginal benefits.

Invisibility, speed, precision, is what future warfare will be like if you ask me. Those are things that are hardest to counter. It's impossible to destroy something you can not detect or can not hit.

>you will all be killed by hikikomori otakus operating giant robots

>Bipedal warmechs are becoming a thing
>There's still no tankette / tank drone
Why?

How does Finland of all places make such good memes

It boggles the mind.

Wings.

Vice is cuckshit.

Please never post anything from vice ever again.

They had their own chan that was mildly well known back in the day.

Then it’s only a matter of time until we finally get this

Nice try

South Korea has a industry?
I thought they just exported kpop

It can barely walk. Look at the legwork from Boston Dynamics if you want to see real walking robots.

It depends completely what the movement system will carry and what the system is designed to do. Is it heavy? Will sink in dirt without high surface area (treads). Is it light? If you can't make it fly, wheels are simply easiest to do the moving around thing.

Legs of any sort are so disadvantageous to all other forms. Usually things have at least a few upsides which makes them worth considering for special situations, but I can't think a single scenario where legs (any amount) would be better than something else.

>purest
>white
>genes

>go looking for land-based military robots
>find this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_tracked_mine
what the fuck, how did I never hear about this? just how fucking advanced were the Germans in ww2? they're building V2 rockets and remote-controlled tanks in 1940, holy shit

If you can hit it.
I can see airpower wiping out these things really easily, but tanks and other armored vehicules would be mincemeat. A humanoid manned robot could easily outmaneuver them.

If mechs are stupid and impractical on land you bet they’ll be just as stupid in space we’re tgeres a shit Ton of other factors to worry about

Wouldn't tanks work better?

>gets stuck in dirt easier because high pressure per area because no treads

A tread tank is screwed in sufficiently deep mud or over uneven rubble. This is literally why South Korea is making this a thing. The DMZ is a crater-wrecked mess, and tread and wheel vehicles get stuck.

Literally anything is wrecked after a hit anywhere by an anti-armor RPG.

> ANIME IS REAL!!!!!
LMAO LOOK AT DIS ESCAPIST LITTLE WHITE BOI
TWOTS (That White Boi Over There) BEGONE

fpbp

Hover technology like the new hover bikes in dubai

Mechs are a complete downgrade compared to tanks, why would autistic koreans want to build that shite?

le mao. curb your autism kiddo

that's as much 'hover technology' as a helicopter is

>desperate shitskin photoshops color onto statues

Also imagine not just two legs but being able to crawl on all fours or using the robot arms to pull itself out of things

Of course a nigger can't even create an acronym properly

The goal of a mech isn't to be a tank, the goal of a mech is to increase a humans strength and size.

Once we get artificial muscle down, metal-gear type shit will be possible.

This. Too goddamn bulky.
Until we get some shit like what is on the surge then this is a giant waste of money.

Uneven terrain, such as steep slopes or exceptionally rocky areas.

The key to actually being able to deploy a large mech in a military setting will be the same as a tank. It needs to be supported by infantry to be effective, and allow for battlefield symbiosis.

One large human sized mech/exoskeleton supported by soldiers will be very effective if deployed properly.

The problem with mechs on the battlefield will not be unlike tanks. Both are worthless on their own. However, if they can be used in fire support roles and coordinated with other elements, then they may prove effective.

For one, they should be able to fire with much better downward trajectory compares to tanks. This is hugely advantageous in hilly/mountainous terrain. And they should be able to pivot their weaponry upwards as well to fulfill anti aircraft obligations as well.

As a whole, the concept of a bipedal battle mech with proper stabilization ought to provide superior flexibility in certain scenarios versus a tank.

This is all hypothetical though, obviously.

If a treaded tank can't go somewhere, a mecha won't go either. The whole DMZ can't be a place where tanks wouldn't be able to cross, I'm sure about that. If there is certain strategic places (swamps etc.) where tanks can't go, infantry and hovercraft can cover that.

I'd prefer the suits from Blue Gender, but eh.

AND FRANCE WILL ANSWER!

>If a treaded tank can't go somewhere, a mecha won't go either.

What do you mean? A leg-bot can step over or in and out of trenches or mud pools that a tread vehicle would objectively get stuck in nose-first or topple into.

He's thinking in context of this thing, where it's so heavy and imbalanced it would be limited to flat terrain. We need to step away from the idea of mechs are so large the pilot can sit comfortably in the head.

ANIME
IS
REAL

youtube.com/watch?v=1k2uSSFs_Xc
would smash hundreds of nork tanks with the 40mm autocannon and tracking rockets

I can't see large mechs ever being used for military applications. Human sized exoskeletons, sure, that makes sense, but larger walking hulks, no. As others have stated, it just presents an easier target.

They MAY however serve a purpose in disaster relief efforts. A lifting machine that can step over rubble, packed with sensors to detect heat/heartbeats etc... THAT could serve a purpose, at least until the smaller human sized exoskeletons become powerful enough to render the larger counterpart redundant.

evas aren't robots you fucking idiot

>Scale him up and see how that goes.
No No. just arm the Asimos and rempte control them

The point of armor is to be a target. They draw fire, soak it, and retaliate. It's supposed to be big and brutal.

If we need sneaky fuckers to creep in and slit throats, that's what spec ops are for.

I see spider-tanks definitely becoming a thing for full-scale urban combat, like moving through artillery-blasted ruins and rubble-filled streets.

Speaking of artillery, a legged platform could stabilize itself to brace extremely high-recoil guns or missile pads basically anywhere, not just flat terrain.

Tell me how do I know you are 14

don't worrie that guy is on the case

hahaha holy shit are you cringy fucking kill your self you underaged faggot