Toriyama is a hack. Which sounds better?

Toriyama is a hack. Which sounds better?

>Frieza fears the uprising of the Saiyans as well as the prophecy of the Super Saiyan being true. He decides killing them to prevent them from stopping him.
or
>lol nah man Lord Beerus told him to

I know Akira toriyama comes up with shit as he goes along but HOLY SHIT, does he have to ruin his past work even more?

Both are true you idiot. Even fucking MINUS confirms that.

Dont you realize that "Beerus told him too" is fucking stupid and it cheapens why he did what he did.

Best: Frieza was a one-of-a-kind supermutant freak and never encountered anything remotely comparable to himself or felt threatened before

To you but the majority of people don't care what you believe

>Boy I sure do fucking hate those monkeys!
>I'll say. They threw me a really shitty feast and their King was a dick.
>Their legend is bullshit and monkey nonsense. I should kill them all before they get any ideas.
>Do it faggot.
>Do what?
>Kill the monkeys.

And so Frieza killed the fucking monkeys. You autist.

>What is King Cold?

Stupid. Frieza's dad and big brother and grandpa are stupid.

Most anime/manga people are pretty much hacks now that have sold out hard and get by on marketing, otaku/fujo baiting and to some extent the rapidly vanishing bed of good will groundwork that classic franchises like the ones some of them used to work on or were inspired by laid out. You know from back when people kind of tried to give a shit about what they were doing with this stuff or at least more than ought to have been necessary.

Honestly I give it no more than a couple years from now before any sort of remote lingering hint of originality or effort disappears from the medium completely (most "popular" shows can't even be bother not to have 75% the exact same casts and one of three or four popular composers because I guess that would just be too much risk or something) and is just entirely replaced with "oh here's these people that are the only ones that are able to sell anything and make us money for the 200th time" instead of the state things are in where it's 95% or so replaced with that. Once all the good veteran 2D key animators die off that's kind of it for inspired sakuga sequences too I imagine. Just too expensive and take too much time and resources to animate when you can just be showing a slideshow of some attractive slick character designs and characters talking at each other monotonously in ways that only degenerate otaku get anything out of and make just as much money.

Did I mention the writing for anime particularly as it pertains to characters is absolute dogshit and not even pretending to be consistent or planned out anymore? Like you think that's bad with Toriyama, some of the people that are supposed to be the absolute pinnacle of writing or at least that the industry and fanboys are trying to sell prospective viewers on are goddamn flat out incompetent and wouldn't even think to cover their retcons with something like that. They just wouldn't notice or care period.

Oh and this isn't a copy past, it's just an opinion. Get mad in somebody else's direction if that's your plan kids.

I think it's just shounen in particular, with some others like moe thrown in - there are fantastic, one-off, truly meaningful shows which they never do anything again with (GunBuster/DieBuster, Magica Madoka, Rozen Maiden, etc - sure these have gotten minor short sequels but nothing like DragonBall Z). And people like to lump them all in together because "animu"

Lord beerus telling him to makes more sense

Did Frieza ever say he destroyed the Saiyans because of that? The reason sounds like something butthurt Saiyans would just come up with on their own.

t. autist

Beerus is a shit and now amount of LOL PUDDING is gonna make him not an awful addition.

No anime in general pretty much suffers from these problems rather routinely among many others. It's no specific genre, it's just it's entire lazy ass music marketing based approach to things where almost everything about a show is decided based on character designs and music label affiliation and the show runners say one thing for publicity reasons but then do another in practice or just nothing at all really. Shonen Jump and Tokusatsu series are however the most likely to run for like 20 years or more though absolutely.

I just find it funny that Sup Forums does not seem to be even the slightest bit aware for example of the massive fujoshi baiting influx that's on the horizon for 2017 and what such a glut might mean for the chances of every day male viewers finding much of anything to watch. Probably just too busy arguing over stupid shit to be paying attention anymore to what's coming over the horizon and put two and two together. Like people think it's bad this summer, but it looks like that really is the industries key focus for 2017 at least in terms of what's lined up so far. That and just more of the exact same stuff we got in 2014, 2015 and now 2016.

Again not just shonen stuff, this is an industry with serious grave problems the least of which are things happening with Shonen Jump titles that aren't even hidden beneath the surface exterior anymore if you're even bothering to pay attention. Ever notice how suddenly a lot of young industry people are retiring early, going on long hiatuses or just flat out dropping dead and how at least one high profile shows production just seems to completely fall apart on a seasonal basis now in a way that should be completely unacceptable but is just casually tolerated by fans and the modern industry alike because who cares it's just anime. Not a good look.

You don't even know what that word actually means do you?

>Akira toriyama comes up
I never read Dragon Ball, but what you described is Herod/Jesus subplot from Bible. Are you sure Toriyama was the one who came up with it?

Why do DBZ fans argue over autist things like"goku vs superman" and other inane "what if's"

Sure, happens in other shounenshit fandoms, but not at such an autistic level as DBZ

I dont know what anime fans WANT Goku to be stronger than superman. Hes boring and OP, thats not what i want goku to be

AK added the shitty bit where God told the Pharoh to kill all the jews

>thinking Sup Forums cares

This is an anime board we talk about anime of all kinds, except the ones that bring casual fags that have the need to throw out their opinions daily. Except they come anyways because of how infamous this board is thinking for some reason we might give two shits about it.

Both are true. Beerus said to do it but Frieza didn't do it for Beerus' convenience.

>Hes boring and OP
Underage pls go

Super really fucked the entire storyline of DBZ. Frieza, Cell, and Buu were all stronger than gods and serious threats to the universe, except apparently there was one super duper god who basically nullified every threat possible and was conveniently sleeping for thirty-something years while all of this was happening. Like even if Goku had died fighting Vegeta, Beerus would have just woken up a few years later and undone everything Frieza did and taken care of Buu, assuming he would even still exist

pretty sure if vegeta killed goku then buu would have never been revived

You mean Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, which were written by the original author.

How did King Cold know about Majin Buu and Beerus? No idea

I don't think you understand the gender make up of the board user.
Of course the people here know and of course the people here do not care.

Secondly, you're right.
The fujo pandering has gotten out of hand, but it's mostly because bitches will throw down cheddar on that shit.

Naruto was good for the male viewers when how kinda gay it got was ignorable then we had naruto having a heart attack over sauske and saying he'll kill him in a lovers pact. That shit...
That got the fujos dripping wet.

As for the state of anime and how it's shitting the bed now? I know. But it's kind of their own fault. They spent so much time just making slaves of everyone and making it a completely unlovable profession that the men and women who had a passion for it and could bring new experiences to it simply decided that it was not for them.
Leaving only the degenerate otaku and people who knew nothing else except anime and had nothing of life or anything to bring to the table except for their love of anime.
It became trash.
A snake eating it's own tail.
Otaku making media for otaku with no one else being able to stomach it.

Anime is no longer a medium to tell stories. It's a manipulative commercial created to push product. Nothing wrong with a show created to push product but a lot of anime is shameless in how it goes about doing it.

Because they think their vision (IE the American dub and its dumbass add-ons) is the true definitive of Dragon Ball. Even now you have people buttmad about Goku not being some invincible god (The fucking irony) and having to train to defeat a stronger opponent. And having an opponent stronger than him at that point in the story triggers them.

Goku's still a mortal, in the literal sense. He can still feel pain and die. That's what that virus was for: To show Super Saiyans aren't invincible. You never let your guard down during a fight, regardless.

And most importantly, you don't try to make a lighthearted series for thirty years into something that it isn't, and the faggots I'm talking about have been doing that since 1996.

All authors are hack besides Tappei Nagatsuki

>>Frieza fears the uprising of the Saiyans as well as the prophecy of the Super Saiyan being true. He decides killing them to prevent them from stopping him.
>or
>>lol nah man Lord Beerus told him to

The sayan shit was an asspull by itself too you know. Toriyama has been a hack since the beginning.

More importantly, Beer is put in the freezer, so does that mean Beerus is a henchman of frieza?

Beerus was around while Freeza's empire existed and even knew him, and yet he did nothing about him. In fact, he got him to do his job for him. You're talking like Beerus is some kind of super hero.

Fucking this.

What does this say?

Trunks : The truth is ... Lord Kaioshin died.
Beerus : What ? Noooo ! How could this happen ?
Goku : So you liked the Kaioshin, Lord Beerus ? That's unexpected from you.
Whis : Hohoho .. No that's not it. The Kaioushins and Hakaishins are a set. If the Kaioushin dies, then the Hakaishin dies as well. This is this kind of relationship.
Goku : Whaaaa ?
Vegeta : What did you say ?
Whis : I'm afraid that Trunks' Future's Hakaishin ... doesn't exist anymore

This is also so god damn stupid, because during the Buu saga Beerus almost kicked the bucket, even before when Kid Buu killed 4 of the 5 Kaioshins. I know he was asleep, but fuck, Whis probably wasn't, at least not for a few million years!

Or maybe, here comes my headcanon, it was Beerus who sealed the old Kaioshin within the sword as a life insurance for himself, to prevent that all Kaioshins get killed for what if reasons.