What a twist...said nobody

So he claims he has reached a position higher than that of Souma...

But states that defeating Souma will allow him to progress further than he is.

Makes sense

Edge, not even once. Also the complete 180 from "muh professor" to this doesn't make much sense.

Oh come on...

>This me play the villan because i have a play to help my friends undercover

Wow.... so deep.

He didn't actually turn on professor

It's all a ruse

He should be with other shitters, not Souma. Souma doesn't need no help from curryfag.

I wonder if Azami approached him first.

I'm glad the anime is going to end for good after the next half dozen episodes.

No shit he didn't forsake Jun but this scenario is just dumb. Does anyone even see Curry as Souma's equal? If they ain't competing in curry Curry is fucked. Just another shit plotline from this ark.
Though Curry as number 9 speaks to the decline of the E10. Bit I guess if Erina was only 10, ain't no way all these pointless tagalongs would have a shot against real E10 members. Not looking forward to the contrived bs that allows Megumi and Yuki to pass

He probably became a member for her, it's way too predictable. Central wants to shut down her lab, Curry joins to prevent that since E10 members are allowed to have their own facilities.

hair does not grow that fast. is curry using extensions?

He always had his hair in a pony tail.

I think the whole thing is a ruse too. Azami probably wants to make the rebel group the best in Tootsoki history so Erina finally can have someone to compete with. The whole thing is just a plan for Azami to further his daugthers growth. He probably changed his plans when he found out who Souma was.

You've got to remember that Erina is Azami's whole life. He'll do anything and everything for her.

So, he's just stupid eh? Souma will destroy him
His death flag is so obvious. I'm more interested for the match of best boy Takumi.

Azami wants to lock his daughter in a glorified box for the rest of her life, I doubt he has any interest in getting her a peer group.

>Assigning powerlevels to cooking skill.

It's as cringy as that super AAA class hacker in GiTS.

Relative power levels have always been kind of a thing, but the series is pretty good about it (Erina > Soma Pajeet Dog Alice > Everyone else is pretty concrete, but the skills within those groupings aren't better or worse, just different)

>You've got to remember that Erina is Azami's whole life. He'll do anything and everything for her.

You have some serious daddy issues. Some parents are evil, in case you didn't know.

How often do people want to expel this poor kid?

Takumi and/or Megumi will probably get whoever is the new 8th seat but I'm still wonder what Rindou is doing there if she is not going to face anyone.

Changing sides doesn't automatically mean you need to become the ultimate edgelord with a snap of the finger, Jesus Christ. That's not how you handle character development.

But Hayama beat Souma in a non-curry battle

Erina still hasn't fucking Shokugeki'd against anyone important

Glorified cheerleader

>Makes sense
>do a difficult task asked of you by Azami
>he takes notice
>sees you as more of an asset
>climbing the ladder becomes easier due to you being able to do what no one has done yet, expel Soma

You this retarded, son?

>Makes sense
It actually does, considering that this is Central we're talking about.

Getting rid of the rebels would give him plenty of merits.

When they asked about Jun, he didn't answer and changed topic, so its quite obvious that he's doing this for her and her research club.

Who was the biggest msitake, Hayama or Azami?

I'm a bit frustrated about this. I want to see Erina cooking so freaking much.

On the other hand, I have come to the conclusion that any Erina exploration like all good things is going to be done carefully and in slow motion. I meant we waited a good 100+ chapters to get an Erina development (and it was glorious despite Central bullshit).

>I think the whole thing is a ruse too. Azami probably wants to make the rebel group the best in Tootsoki history

This is the only thing that would justify him not immediately expelling them or giving them a task that is literally impossible. And even that would be stupid.

It's too obvious Souma will wreck muh Nose so badly; because he went full retard, and being part of Central literally make you a jobber.

There are still signs of her being the best at conventional cooking at this leg of the game.

>Rebels are surviving because of all the shit she taught them

>Cooked more meals than anyone during camp

>First first year to finish cooking her meals, even before Soma

She's too chickenshit to stand up directly to her father, though, which is where the comparative neutrality comes from.

The worst part of it is that it's a threat with no teeth. This isn't a multiple "main character" manga where you can write out main characters at various points throughout the story, so that the threat of consequence feels like it could manifest itself at any moment. The moment the only possible outcome of failure is de facto removal from the manga, losing becomes impossible.

If they wanted to really make it seem like expulsion was on the table at this leg of the game, they should have mentioned another amazing culinary school, or rebel alumni who would be willing to make a sort of "extended Stagiare" program for the rebels to go to if they failed.

How fucking retarded

I was expecting this 'twist' 100%
but i was also expecting him to be doing it too protect shiomi and her position at the school by following azami's orders, which would've given him good compelling reasons to play the role of a bad guy and give it 100% without randomly turning an otherwise decent character into an edgelord

and if they go HE WAS ONLY PRETENDING then that's even more retarded than him being a turncoat

holy shit this manga really went to shit after azami showed up

For the bullshit reason of having a 'personal style'
which is a load of shit

Damn he should be a genuine villain. It was in line with how much a douchebag he really was yet everyone turn a blind eyes on it.
Though I knew is probably true so I couldn't have the satisfaction of watching him humiliated and get BTFO.

"What have you achieved so far?" Question ticked me off way more than it should have. Like dude has no idea what Souma has been doing while acting he's the best.

Agreed. I thought Souma challenging Kuga would be boring but I was actually enjoying and waiting those chapters every week. It's too bad the author couldn't find another way to keep it interesting other than adding Azami. His introduction wasn't that bad but afterwards his plans just seem so retarded and then the other teachers are trying to sabotage rebels sounds just as dumb.

Did they not tell curry that he already beat a 9th seat and that the 1st seat found it worthwhile to battle with him?

Unlimited Curry Works

But Curry does have reason to think he's the best. He won the Autumn Election which would put him above all other first years that competed in it.

He has huge bark but no bite. Unlike that other jump manga a with a cutthroat principal. Asano played mind games with koro sensei and got his hands dirty.

God this shit is so predictable

Here's the spoilers for next chapter, I guarantee it.

>Hayama: Yukihira I'll let you choose the theme for the Shinigami
>Souma: Alright I choose curry
>shocked reaction faces from everyone

I don't think anyone aside from Hisako and Erina knows about the battle with the first seat.

Now that Curryfag has no one to cook for I can't wait to see Souma destroying him. Well he would get destroyed even Jun was still there.

Also it's pretty funny that Curry still thinks Souma is still the same after learning from Shinomiya, battling against Kuga, Eizan and Tsukasa.

I mean, Souma did beat Eizan but Eizan didn't even plan on cooking and only whipped up a quick dish because Souma baited him into it. If Eizan had been serious about beating him with cooking instead of his cheating bullshit Souma would have lost.

How many saw this coming? At this point just skip to fulfilling the Erina X Souma ship and satisfy me

Bets on Curry is truly lost but Jun's presence restores his sense of self? I'll say 5:1.
What say you?

I'm much more interested in what kind of bullshit they are going to come up with that lets all the other rebels pass than Curry to be honest. Half of them shouldn't even remotely stand a chance against the current E10

Nah, I think we've got some hints. China kid and naked apron guy was probably thrown out because China already lost to Soma once, and apron guy didn't want to expose his power level to Soma yet. Cap head probably thought Azami plan was retarded and wanted to make food, not be a evil underling.

If Azami isn't pulling some grand scheme Aizen style for training Erina, I'm going to be dissappointed.

LEFT OR RIGHT

Where is Erina?

Royal already asked. Azami is an edgelord sadist, hence, no unilaterally expelling them.

What happened to Giganigga?

I don't want to cuck any of them, so neither. I will take Hisako since she doesn't have a husbando yet.

While I agree about the overuse of expulsion with like personal shokugekis and whatnot, the thing you have to remember is that Tootsuki doesn't hold students back a year, and this is the promotion exam.

Anyone who doesn't pass the exam to become a second year is obviously expelled. Hayama isn't just throwing that out there.

This manga will be back again to cooking hijinks in no time.

In the end, it's no the matter of life or death. Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking manga.

>implying

Hishoko is for Soma, do not steal.

>but i was also expecting him to be doing it too protect shiomi and her position at the school by following azami's orders
But that seems to be the case. His reaction to Megumi and then changing the subject is telling.

Well he's right though. He's on the first floor balcony looking down on Souma.

DIAMONS

delete this

I hope something interesting. I mean central basically embodied his old philosophy.

What was the point of the cartoon villains of the week in the last 2(3?) chapters, before the Currynigger "reveal"? Tsukuda didn't think that Central had been established as so EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL enough already?

When will Erina finally polish Soumas stone?

I think it's actually just to show the resourcefulness of the cast by winning under bullshit conditions.

It does show some breakdown in Azami's control though, as this ch confirms what many here suspected, that those teachers were acting on their own to try to score points.

Further evidence Todoroki ruins everything she is away of

Kuga didn't lose to Souma in a match though. Souma just outsold him one day of the festival.

Who wants Megumi to curbstomp him?

She won't (for now), but oh well. One can dream.

Idk man. If Megumi were to beat Curry all the while crying how he abandoned whats-her-face I think I'd finally drop this shit fest

I missed it from that other thread, but I see Tsukuda pushing Tsukasa/Rindou as another OTP is that new betsubara.

The only worthwhile ship in this cartoon.

Tsukuda is pairing everyone like madman. Nice

I know this is a coincidence, but why the fuck did they have to make Venom out of Curry?

On a sidenote, shit-tier twist. A character who "loses his way" in a shounen certainly gets his ass handed to him. Besides, Souma has a specialty now, Dog has learnt some new tricks and employs more subtle flavors and Curry... welp, stylish hair.

>A character who "loses his way" in a shounen certainly gets his ass handed to him.

It was "foreshadowed" (more like said directly) at the end of the autumn election arc. Gin said something like that he shouldn't lose his way or something. I guess the manga will have some showdown when the anime airs him winning the elections. It's a bit too predictable.

I thought all the Megumifags killed themselves.

Reposting from the other thread.

>Shokugeki no Soma Betsubara! #7
>[Tsukuda Yuuto, Saeki Shun, Morisaki Yuki]
>Side text: Outside the school, during hands-on cooking hours

>Tsukasa: Rindou? What are you doing?
>Rindou: Swallows!
>T: Eh?
>R: There are swallows up there.

>R: Aren't they amazing, flying that high?
>R: You should stay and watch 'em too!
>T: She's staring at them so intently. // Definitely a strange girl...

>R: Huh? Don't you have hands-on cooking, Tsukasa?
>T: Oh, I already got the course credits...
>R: Ueh!? Really! You're amazing, Tsukasa– // Aren't you totally the best in our year by now?
>T: No... I can't be satisfied just yet.

>T: I want to make dishes more polished than anyone else's // and claim the 1st Seat in the Elites.
>R: Hehhh... then if you're 1st Seat, I'll be the 2nd!
>R: If we're aiming for the top, it'd be more fun to do it together!

>T: Um... you don't want to be 1st Seat, Rindou?
>R: Hm? You just said you want to be 1st, Tsukasa. // We can't both have it.
>T: Oh, yes... that's right.

>R: You sure say weird things sometimes!
>T: Look who's talking...
>R: Alright, we're gonna conquer Tootsuki's 1 and 2!
>T: ...yeah! We will!
>T: ...wait a minute, you were taking that hands-on course too! Why are you skipping!? // Forget the Elites, you'll be kicked out!
>R: Ehhh, but the swallows...
>T: Come on, let's go!
>Side text: They were like this from the beginning.

>Betsubara #7 –END

She's so cute with shorter hair.

Are we getting a Betsubara every week with GIGA now? Maybe there he can tease all the otps he wants.

He's writing that ski jump manga in Giga isn't he? The one with the two leads who cameo'd in souma a couple of weeks back.

But Giga isn't weekly right? It's the renamed jump next, which came out once every 2 months I think?

This is clearly setup for Rindou actually being the best. She let Tsukuda be the 1st seat because he really wanted it.

Hayama is right, Souma forgot his original goal.

His original goal is beating his dad though. It's actually unrelated to the school.

I think a better argument would be that she's kind of lazy, while he's driven. But being lazy isn't really hiding your true powerlevel. It's failing to reach it. Sort of like how Rindou herself told us that Eizan could be much stronger, but he wastes too much time on business compared to cooking.

I remember that the latest Betsubara came out before the Obon break and since this one just came out too I supposed it could be weekly but yeah it's probably monthly.

Yeah, this is Giga issue 2. So monthly sounds right.

More betsubaras would be great though.

I get that to some extent, but that's what makes it a piss poor heel moment for Curry. It's not like we can really believe that he's going to win right now.

If he'd been battling another rebel, we could plausibly think that that person could get expelled, but not Soma.

>It's not like we can really believe that he's going to win right now.

Hayama is going to lose because he's become worse. Soma is going to tell him that this was worse than what he made in the autumn elections, and that Hayama have lost what made him good. Yada yada yada Hayama finds himself again.

Curry is gonna job. A shounen character can't be set up like that without ending with them jobbing

He said the research club was gone. I'm willing to bet she closed it herself.

No shit he's gonna lose, Soma isn't getting expelled. But losing or tying when it makes sense for you to do so isn't really jobbing.

>You claimed you would get to the top, but I got there before you!

Yeah, and to think all it took was a mass reshuffling of the leaders, a dramatic shift in the schools focus and goals, and Soma basically becoming a target and enemy of the new leadership preventing him from being acknowledged.

You sure showed him! Yeah he's probably an inside agent or something, but that bit is still silly.

I think the poor curry is going through some bad days. Jun likely closed her research society to avoid getting Hayama in trouble, Hayama is acting out.

He'll get over it or be made to do so soon.

Damn
>Edgy makeover
>Edgy acting
Central seems like a fun place.

He was always a pretentious faggot.

The irony is that Souma got as far as he did through hardwork.
If He acknowledged Souma as an equal then it would imply that he didn't work as hard and rather skated along with talent.