Is downtown L.A really a massive tent city today?

Is downtown L.A really a massive tent city today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=98Wh1K1pT9Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inyo_County,_California
youtube.com/watch?v=_JxlMxWicGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think that's a carnival

That's just skid row. A block makes a difference. It sucks because just down the street is Little Tokyo for all my weeaboo needs.

Yes. Straight out of the apocalypse. Not even exaggerating. No one ever talks about it.

You live in a shit hole.

Skid row is now 27 blocks, yes? Are the hipster condos out of range or is that their view?

Man I was in downtown LA this past spring for a debate tournament with my university and holy FUCK I hated it. There were crazy people everywhere, we walked out of our hotel and down the street around 10pm to find some food and encountered so many lunatics we called an uber and flew back to the hotel and ordered room service. And walking down the streets of downtown LA, around the courthouse and restaurants were HUGE cockroaches, like 3 inches long, just scuttling around on the sidewalks and streets. And everyone was Hispanic. And the Saturday morning there was a Trump protest going on.

NEVER EVER EVER GOING BACK TO COMMIEFORNIA!

Kind of that. But yeah just a short way away from Little Tokyo it's homeless land.

It's a crazy dystopian glimpse into the future you chose user.
>must see
don't expect police assistance downtown

LA is trashy

Yes. LA is trashy as fuck. I work at a studio in the middle of the industrial area and I park by tents.

gigantic megacities were a mistake in a non racially homogeneous country.

Yes. It's gotten bigger.

t.SoCalfag

Oh no, I don't live in the city. I live like 40 miles away from it. I visit at the very least for good entertainment once in a while though.

>good entertainment
>LA
So are the hookers worth it then?

I hope that Jerry Brown gets thrown out soon, and we're blessed with an actually competent governor. Even Arnold was better.

Don't forget Garcetti

I've never bought a hooker, but when I go out to eat I'll see all kinds of weirdos skulking around. Sometimes they're accidentally funny.

Imagine if a chunk of San Francisco's Tenderloin and SoMa decided to move away and settle down south. It's literally the same thing with the same type of people.

So people watching is entertaining in all cities it seems. On a side note I find the concept of urban decay to be fascinating and I always enjoy reading up on how different cities have tackled the problem. Is there any hope for LA to overcome the decay?

No. In California, hookers are expensive unless you want full-blown HIV or getting a 20-year sentence for the girl being an underaged raver girl you were "hooked up" with.

Honestly, people watching in CA is boring unless you like staring at asses. If you want some real funny shit, go to Pennsylvania or Jersey. Shit there is hilarious or fun and alcohol galore.

It was always there. Did you just notice it OP?

Capitalism YES

No just downtown LA but all over the city. The mayors attempt to remove them from downtown has pushed them into the poor surrounding neighborhoods in LA. You just dont hear about it because its hasnt spread into the suburbs.

Skid Row is a goddamned joke. No housing ANYWHERE in LA. But they let the homeless run this specific part of downtown. Mayor Garsweaty does nothing for this city to help them. Oh lets install more bike paths. Lets go to more yoga classes- dont look at them though we are making programs. Section 8 housing and all.

Its sad folks. Like I would not want to walk around there. Remember the viral video of the drone? Listen to this cop- so well informed- why not stop it guvment?

>youtube.com/watch?v=98Wh1K1pT9Y

I don't get all this Moonie hate. It sounds like some cheap meme-sentiment you got from reading cuckservative media. The real problem with the CA gov't is, as it has always been, the legislature. Jerry Brown is actually doing a lot to restrain the more insane impulses of CA Democrats. He vetoed half of the gun bills they passed. Why didn't he veto them all, you might ask? Because he has limited political capital. He literally can't unfuck the legislature without them turning on him and starting a recall astroturf movement.

When JB is gone and we have someone much worse, you will miss him

yes, and there are outcroppings in other parts of the city
the cops sort of contain it in the eastern portion of dtla

>HUGE cockroaches, like 3 inches long
"There wern't no cockroaches in Watts until the Mexicans showed up." - Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

you forgot the green energy graft programs
there's an 'incubator' for that shit in the arts district

Its kinda weird how LA is depicted
There are vibrant gentrified neighborhoods that look safe but then two blocks away there's a Detroit-tier ghetto

>SKIDROW

>"There wern't no cockroaches in Watts until the Mexicans showed up." - Fred Sanford
That's because when blacks lived there, there was no food

Is that Mexico or Los Angeles?

10 years ago, DownTown LA was a shithole. Cracks in the street, potholes, gum on the floor, homeless, ect, right near the Staples Center and Convention center.

Now Downtown LA has a construction boom with mulitstory condos being leased, a new Mercedes dealership, ect... Its slowly becomming upscale; the contrast is that a few minutes down any street by walking you will be in the ghetto with shitty schools, high crime, homeless, ect...

This doesn't look that bad. You people overreact to everything.

Why do the homeless deserve help? You guys have been calling us "COMMIEFORNIA" but apparently we're not commie enough for you.

>ect
the absolute state of commiefornia residents

The average Sup Forums user is probably more commie than the average California.

I don't think anyone gives a shit what LA is anymore. They are the USA's nappy headed bastard child.

I was homeless once in LA until my friend pull me out of the city.
Spend nearly all my 20's to school couldn't get a job at all, even MacDonald.
Other than local friends and little tokyo, I have little to miss this city...

Crazy ones appear on little Tokyo screaming and shit

Not compared to San Diego no

can't get a job at a shthole like mcsteroidmeats?
you must be some kind of mongoloid
there are plenty of shit tier min wage jobs in LA

beautiful

You should hand out free charcoal BBQs.

Believe or not, I didn't stand a chance anywhere.
Only place I was able to work are some asian restaurant desperate for bodies.
Well, I was able to get a job in other city with ease.
So, can't really tell what is wrong with me and all this.

Anyone from California? How does this county Continue to stay red despite being next to so much blue?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inyo_County,_California
????

It's Inland. Inland is almost all Republicans. The coastal regions are where the libshits are.

What's the difference?

"incubators" are the scam of the decade. they usually wind up producing nothing but a couple of administrative jobs for the assholes that run the place.

Top kek

I'm pretty sure I stopped by there before. It was fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=_JxlMxWicGw flush it all away

You should've visited little Tokyo at least.