I dropped bleach ages ago but why people hate this guy again?

I dropped bleach ages ago but why people hate this guy again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdQT1KZFItg
youtube.com/watch?v=gyWSiBms6N8
youtube.com/watch?v=KisqZ_RF080
youtube.com/watch?v=3Imngeom878
youtube.com/watch?v=H-XLkjqYhZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't hate him. I hate that he was shafted for most of the series.

Just like I don't hate Chad, Uryu, Orihime, or Rukia they all just got shafted as well.

HE FUCKED MY WAIFU

Because he wanted to be an MC, I guess? I just remember his rash personality was turned down a notch after 1st arc, but he still wasn't strong enough. Dunno if he was mellow at the end, but the guy plays by the rules at the expense of friends despite being the fiery type.

I dunno, I don't think anyone who has followed the series from beginning to end would have an objective opinion of any of the characters right now since they always wore the Kubo's the greatest goggles.

Till the end, kek.

This.

Because he's Bleach's lame Yamcha.

Even Byakuya would've been a better pick.
Hell, even Aizen, Grimmjow or Urahara x Rukia would've been more interesting.

Yamcha referencing is for people that can't even fight the most basic of grunts, Renji was low tier but not shit tier.

Even Hitsugaya would've been a better choice.

Bad character who got shoe horned into the story because fujous liked him.
Hes pretty much a retarded Ichigo and he contributed nothing of value to the series.

He literally vanished in that final fight. what was the point of Renji even being there?

He was supposed to be this guy that was second to the MC but only ended up fighting cannon fodder or getting jobbed by villains.

Plus he fucked my waifu

Uh, why are people comparing Renji to Yamcha when not only did he stay somewhat relevant in the entire series but is still legit strong? Like, I think he's actually stronger than some of the captains considering he had the second Bankai and took out a guy who was dropping the Captains left and right. Like I'm pretty sure he's a Piccolo or a Vegeta

Isn't Chad Yamcha?

Chad x Rukia
Ishida x Rukia
Isshin x Rukia

Were all better than what we got.

Because he's a balding monkey jobber that didn't even confess his feelings during like SIXTY YEARS, and then Rukia went her own way and fell in love with Kaien.

Kubo gave him Rukia out of pity, to most of her fans dismay.

>legit
He only really fought the fodder throughout the series after being changed into a protagonist. Renji became a jobber just like Yamcha

And on top of that he didn't even seem to care that much after the timeskip. In the final chapter he didn't say a word and was like "Yeah, me and Rukia got a kid who's somewhere right now".

Even Ichigo is a better father.

Pretty sure that's equivalent to Piccolo then. Chad is still Yamcha

That makes sense actually

Well, not really. Yamcha's last (and, not counting Chi-chi, only) legit victory against named character was comedy fight with that invisible guy before chapter 100. Renji, on the other hand, destroyed Jackie in his first fight post-timeskip and defeated Superstar who previously owned Rose, Kensei, Hisagi, Ikkaku, and Yumichika. He's also the only one of Ichigo's friends (including MC himself) who got a clear one-on-one victory in the entire last arc.
exactly

By the way, Ishida is Bleach's Krillin/Tienshinhan.

>Yfw

youtube.com/watch?v=tdQT1KZFItg
youtube.com/watch?v=gyWSiBms6N8
youtube.com/watch?v=KisqZ_RF080
youtube.com/watch?v=3Imngeom878

Stop, it fucking hurts.

I pity the japanese readers who didn't spoil themselves the final chapter and will find out this monday.

It's all Kubo's fault.

Do you think Ichigo sometimes regrets ending with Inoue?

Well I mean all 3 penetrated Rukia before Renji did so it would only be fitting

>was ok with letting his future wife die

Renji actualy wins fights though

he wins one fight in the entire manga

You're right, and her Nii-sama came first.

Because Renji is like a Chad in real life. He's 6'2, perfectly muscled, not smart, and has a shit personality. It's not like Ichigo was that much better, but at least he was much less of a douche.

>sayzels brother
>jackie
>motherfucking superstar
>always did well in filler arcs

>He literally vanished in that final fight. what was the point of Renji even being there?

Bad writing.
The final arc has shit writing all over it. The ending is just the cherry on top of the shitty cake.

>in his worthless tier Bankai for 95% of his screentime
>hair straight out of Yugioh
>personality wavers between kind of likable and consummate jackass
I do like the way Kubo used him to assblast another corner of his fanbase with that ending though

>Ichigo ended with the dullest girl
>Rukia ended with a monkey
>Chad isn't banging Karin
>Ishida ended forever alone
Fuck you Kubo

He's still rubbing her ass with his foot.

Well shit, I hadn't even noticed he doesn't have a single line during the whole chapter. I guess that shows just how much I care about the character.

>Aizen let himself get captured again and had a heroic monologue to cap it
Someone shoop Gin with the Brendan Fraser hair
>Urahara is legit dead
Just

>Yoruichi is gone

He won the Rukia.

It's like Kubo was trying desperately to alienate all of his fans.

Except for Hitsugay fans, I guess. Better not piss those off.

>Ichigo's potential love interest
>Kubo kept her out of the gang because she was too similar to Rukia
>Rukia didn't even win the Ichibowl
>cucked by her sappy friend
>doomed to fuck Ichigo's loser classmate
HOW DO YOU WANT YOUR MANGA?

If only Tatsuki replaced Orihime Bleach would've been a so much better manga.

>No I'm serious guys, we aren't acting like NaruSaku at all

>bringing Naruto shit

>bringing Naruto shit

The most boring outcome won.
Even Riruka would've been a more engaging option than the Kurosaki-kun machine.

Top dad

That's wrong. Tatsuki is too similar to Rukia. Even the editors were able to see how much of a bad idea this was.

No one hates him. Fans of the series are upset there was no strong conclusion to Ichigo and Rukia's totally normal and regular friendship after 15 years. He's fine, if a jobber.

>People conviniently forget that Renji never lost against Ichigo and that Ichigo wasn't cut in half because of the Hollow Mask

>still posting the same panels over and over
You lost, get over it.

The nostalgia is really painful. What the hell happened?

Somebody post the renji-exggutor edit

I'm not holding a grudge about shipping wars. It's a 15-year-long battle manga made by a fashion poet. What I don't like is the
DROPPED
PLOT
>wanting character regression
Ichigo was able to develop to a point where they never needed to have that conversation.

How is that a dropped plot point?

Is this now a "Kubo forgot about his own bait" thread?

>not wanting a team with two tomboys
>prefering a demure titty monster that'll make a dull wife

This doesn't mean they're in love nigga

did i miss the shitstorm?

I am glad we all agree this is the best opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-XLkjqYhZU

That dynamic wouldn't have worked out, especially with the tone of the first two arcs. Maybe it could have worked in the FB arc, but definitely not sooner.

Yes he is very strong now but people forgot a bit because Gerard was such a beast.
I consider Mask to be about powerful enough to beat any espada, and Renji above that.

>Renji doesn't talk in the last chapter
That's actually a GOOD little bit of writing. Not because "oh lol I dun lik dis guy glad he didnt talk lololol" but because EVERYTHING we needed to get of his relationship with both Rukia and Ichika and Ichigo is fully expressed by his stances and his smug faces. It's pretty good, I like that a lot.

>That dynamic wouldn't have worked out, especially with the tone of the first two arcs
She could've taken Rukia's place during her rescue arc. Imagine then a Tatsuki rescue arc with Rukia taking her place along with Chad, Ishida or Renji. It could've been glorious.

I like how it feels like Ishida nope'd out of his own series.

>Yes he is very strong now but people forgot a bit because Gerard was such a beast.
Which is funny considering nobody ended up beating Gerard

>youtube.com/watch?v=gyWSiBms6N8
What a completely docile, unromantic and platonic relationship with zero feelings of affection between these two. I don't see how people could be confused!

Can't blame him. Inoue never gave him the time of day and Nemu became a loli.

Pierrot strikes again. You lost, get over it.

It's not like the sisters already thought of Rukia as a sister. Or that Isshin already thought of her as a daughter. That's just the kind of strong relationship Ichigo and Rukia shared deeply with each other!

Siblings!

>you will never be Aizen

I want to die.

That wouldn't work well. Tatsuki isn't good for that type of thing.

>6' 2"
>Perfectly muscled
>not smart
>shit personality
>Ichigo wasn't much better
Ichigo was about 6', just as muscled, WAY smarter both in life and education, and an extremely loyal and kind nature. He was a sourpuss, sure, but he had unlimited spirit powers he didn't want and a dead mother he loved...at 15-years-old. He wasn't so grouchy all the time.

You're only continuing my belief that the majority of IchiRuki fandom comes from how the anime staff were giant shippers

Renji always looked cool, but never really got much time to shine. No hate towards him though.

JUST KILL ME ALREADY

Oh yeah nah, it's not like he had like one of the only like three actually good fights in the last arc nope

>In the final chapter he didn't say a word
It's simply because he's Rukia's trophy husband. His only purpose in life now is to pleasure her at her every whim.

Irreplaceable Nakama.

Pierrot likes adding stuff to their ships. Ichiruki was one of them but it didn't happen in the end. I would say the anime did more harmed then good by doing that.

IKR. Who could be stupid enough to misunderstand their relationship and feelings for each other as foreshadowing for a future romantic development? It was obviously never the intention of the author to make it seem like it could ever become more than a friendship.

It's the last scene with Don Kanonji. And the fact Tatsuki got ignored.

How is that a dropped plot point?

Of course. That's why Orihime started to increase in popularity after the anime ended. People were forced to actually read the manga.

When an extremely attractive woman you've developed an extremely intimate relationship with tells you everything you want to hear as you are having a life-crisis concerning your guilt over a loved-one's life and ends it with, "I'll wait for you. As long as it takes"

...there's something there, man. Love is just the start of it.

Or do you need to see erections and talk about copulation to believe that was "love" is? Yup, totally based on whether they call each other "cute, I wanna bang that."

Shhh. Just look at her face: Rukia's feelings for Ichigo were obviously PURELY PLATONIC.

This is why shippers are the worst. Even after Kubo tells them in interviews and the manga itself that they have no feelings for each other, they still spam the same fan art and panels over and over. Delusional.

Yeah except you're kind of twisting the context there and more importantly, nothing explicitly there says they would be in love. Nothing in Bleach at all indicates they had feelings to each other beyond nakama at all if you take your shipper glasses off

Are you perhaps on the spectrum?

I really don't know why people continue to post this page

You would have so much more fuel to stand on if there was a line like "Ichigo, I..." and then she disappears or some shit like that but as it is, it just looks like a sad goodbye

Yet the author considers them as friends. It's better to move on from your ship and accept that you don't like that Kubo didn't go the route you want.

That's all it is. They were two irreplaceable Nakama who weren't able to meet each other again.

Well, Rukia could have easily visited Ichigo but was still too busy sucking her nii-san's dick.

Nope.

How could he regret something like this?

It was simply strong feelings of reality based bonding over similar interests with absolutely no hint of attraction, affection, compassion, protection, worry or loss. In that image of what we thought would be the end of the manga, written and drawn by Kubo Tite.
PLA
TONIC

You're acting like a child. I'm actually getting second hand embarrassment from you.

Go outside or something.

>no hint of attraction, affection, compassion, protection, worry or loss.
Except for attraction, which wasn't there, you can feel this toward nakamas you realize right?

At least Yuzu masturbates in Ichigo's old room and is raping her nephew.

You're right. NOTHING indicates any level of feeling beyond absolutely the closest level of understanding two people can have with each other. Nothing at all shows a level of connection, belief, closeness, integration and harmony between these two characters since the beginning of the manga to the end and everywhere in between. From cover art to tankobon spines, poetry to still images on final pages, color spreads to quick fanart of just Ichigo (and Rukia, too, doesn't feel right without her).

Kubo: It’s not friendship but it’s not an amorous feeling either. With these two’s relationship, I think there is no other relationship like theirs in other works where, despite both of them standing in a very close position with each other, is not romantic.

SJ: Do you have any plans to make Ichigo and Rukia a couple?
Kubo: I'm not going to confirm nor deny that. [laughs]

>that they have no feelings for each other
What they had at one point in time =! What they could have had in the future.

And Kubo was smart/cuntish enough to keep the fans believing their relationship could've evolved even further. It was a deliberate business decision, since Rukia is the most popular Bleach girl and even topped Hitsugaya last poll.

king of all jobbers

he stopped being interesting post SS arc. during soul society he was a good character

That's how I feel towards all my female nakama that I have! It would be, like, GROSS or something if we acted this way with each other with any level of romantic tension or attraction!

Yuck!!