Good settings wasted because bad stories or characters

>inb4 THAT gif

Mouretsu """"""""""""Pirates"""""""""""""

That gif is probably the only reason most people on Sup Forums even know the show exists.

the manga is much better

sora no woto.

Former is my life

Whatever happened to this series, did it get canned from the man children angst.

A certain magical index

She was raped for character development, which later was ret conned.

like 90% of anime set outside of high school

Academy City.

Not what I asked, has this series been canceled.

SAO
GATE
Mawaru Penguindrum

Fate Apocrypha

It finished years ago

The LN ended. The manga Is not complete in japan yet, it seems to be in some sort of hiatus, its still on vol 9 (from 10 planned), but there are only scans until vol 8

I see

wew... this applies to a lot... I would say a considerable amount of anime have good settings and thus the bad ones among them are on the list

SAO SnK AgK kabaneri cross ange fate/sn muvluv aldnoa zero almost half the stuff on my dropped list

No.

So much this. Holy shit.

Eden of the East is the best example of wasted potential.
>Amazing OP&ED
>Fucking Oasis
>Production IG
>Interesting characters
>Great premise
Too bad the story was shit

For a very long time, Pumpkin Scissors was known on Sup Forums as "Wasted Potential: the Series"

This, was a so good setting, and the squad wasn't specially bad, but we were struck most part of the time with the plot gravitating to the annoying moralfag female protagonist, Alicia was her name?

Code Geass had a fucking amazing setting which was ruined by season 2. Outbreak company was pretty bad. The idea of a story of a diplomat to a foreign world is really cool but fuck that was awful. Shimoneta was another great setting with a bad story but I liked the characters.

I remember Cecily being pretty based, at least in the manga. I haven't read this in years, yet I still remember her name (she's the only one I remember), so she couldn't have been that bad.

Read the manga or LN.

Another Bleach thread.

It finished. She marries Luke during the course of the series and reforges the wind sword into a proper holy sword that seals the demon lord. Luke dies leaving her with two children. The second is born either shortly before, or shortly after Luke dies. He dies due to the crippling effect of using his demon flame magic.

She was pretty competent but prone to panic easly, she fights several times and fights well, but there were too many moments someone punches her or takes her by surprise and she enters in retarded mode.

What good story must've been under this setting?

If I remember correctly Lisa stays with them as a nurse for the kids.

what gif?
sauce?

She does. She stays with the family for several generations until they manage to form a replacement sword for Aria. How lonely it must be for her to be immortal and to be forced to watch her family die every time.

Macross 7

Japan has a serious problem with happy ends. Even when they do they manage to fuck it someway.

is this a Bleach thread?

Does she really get raped though?

Close but no.

>a fantastic world full of mystic, powerful, and unimaginable creatures
>all kind of interesting cultures and people
>an unique and exciting battle system with many possibilities and variables
>Teigus, advanced technology from an ancient kingdom
The whole setting was amazing but the author never worked with any of the elements in it. The premise and the characters were interesting but the author didn't properly develop them, it just felt like the series started right away on the last arc of the series.