Why haven't you watched Anno's greatest directorial work yet?

Why haven't you watched Anno's greatest directorial work yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it goes to shit when they have sex.

Why do you assume I haven't?

But I have.

I wish they'd finish animating it. I don't know if the plot goes to shit or not, but I have a soft spot for that era of Gainax animation.

His best directorial work doesn't even have an ending?

Jokes aside, I watched it. Pretty good. I watched it on a whim and ended up finishing it. It's funny that I heard the manga is a lot more serious while I think what made the anime felt really charming was the comedy.

Agreed so much. The show was a solid 8/10 till that moment, then it was a total trainwreck aside from the Imaishi ep which was interesting (I wouldn't call it good though)

Overall it's pretty good though, I'd recommend watching the first 4 (or 5? well I mean until they become bf and gf) eps and then stop if you want since I consider that being a better closure desu (those eps were 10/10)

Miyazawa is top tier waifu

It would be better than Eva if the entire thing was as good as the first four episodes but even then it's no EoE.

he quit halfway tho

I guess it's an easy complaint to say shows go to shit in the second half, especially when they have a timeskip like TTGL or KLK, and in this case the distinction is even more evident, but it goes so far here that in my opinion the episodes that Anno didn't direct are fucking amazing, and that's before the context is factored in.

But I did watch Love & Pop

Alright, I give up. I've gone up and down the list of his works 10 times now.

Nothing he's credited as "Director" looks anything like this. Reverse image searches give me nothing.

What is this?

You are impressively stupid.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=392

Shame the mangaka HATED that he made the anime so heavy on the comedy. Could have been a real gem.

Man, I think it was a gem because of that. There isn't a single other show like it in the world because of that. It's completely unique.

Yes there is.

It goes completely off the rails to spite the author (maybe?) and ends up with paper cutouts on screen and all the cels on fire?

It's not funny or interesting.

Because it's only out in Japan right now.

It was a shoujo manga that was adapted into a more comedic anime.

>cels on fire
One episode

How about I burn your fucking house down?

But that's wrong

Then he would not have a house and you would still not have a brain, and you would both need to go visit the Emerald city together.

>Because it's only out in Japan right now.
I really want to see godzilla.
Honestly, is it even getting a US release?

quads speak truth

Yes. Funimation. Later this year.

>Because it goes to shit when they have sex.
Funny because that was the last episode Anno directed.

I have seen this show, it's in my top ten.
Actually the studio lost all funding at that ep. The rest of the series is them doing as much as they could with the money they had left. That's why the last ep is still frames and two voices.

>Actually the studio lost all funding
But Anno also quit/was kicked off the project because of the author.

No one cares about hetero garbage.

The whole project fell apart after that, the studio lost interest, and stopped shelling out.

>No one cares about hetero garbage.
It's the way god intended.

>funding
>he actually believe in this

Look, sonny boy, the Mangakek Toshio Masuda hated Anno's direction. They had a fight and quit halfway because Anno cant bare with the Mangakek. They had the cels for the rest of the episodes but they burned it/ threw it on the trash can

But it has incest, actual sex, and reverse lolicon in the manga.

Well, that's shitty. I mean, I can understand the mangaka getting pissed at the art direction, especially since the original hits some mars they usually don't put in SoL stuff, but damn.

Fuck off faggot go back to /lgbt/

Are you sure those were unused cels and not just cels from previous episodes?

Plus, Anno quitting and the funding drying up are not mutually exclusive, guys.

congratulations, you were trolled epically!
welcome to Sup Forums

Literally proto-Taiga.

Best grill.