Konosuba

I need someone to break this down for me, because I really don't see why konosuba did so well on Sup Forums
I really thought it was mediocre at best, and the only interesting character was Megumin.
Everyone else was par for the course or quirky at best.
The world was generic, and the whole RPG element thing was stupid, but I expected that going into it because from the first episode on I understood that this was supposed to parody the concepts of the shitty isekai setting that's super popular right now, but I really felt the show often completely forgot it's own stance on isekai and tried to seriously push itself forward, as if it was a serious plot or character driven anime.

Above that though, I really do have to touch on the characters being absolute shit. Aqua i'll buy, because she's an idiot that's fun to watch. Seeing her make life harder and harder for everyone is funny, and makes for some interesting situations much like what the entire series premise is.
Megumin was fun because I actually felt like she was original. She wasn't stupid like Aqua, but was extremely stubborn about her only using Explosion.
But here's where the good ends;
Darkness was shallow and extremely predictable and her incorporation into the story was less then ceremonious, Kazuma was more self-insert then Kirito in SAO (Hey guys im a smart NEET who is completely inept in every way but when sent to another world i become a social butterfly who is surrounded by girls of varying archetype to fit your fettish) and never had to go through any real turmoil aside from Aqua's occasional idiocy.

Looking at it as if it's purely a comedy doesn't sit well either since the jokes are again, mediocre at best and rather dry at at that.

TL;DR Tell my how/why Konosuba is good because i'm autistic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrY94oLQ-CQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

konosuba is good because aqua is the best and she is hot and has good hair and a great personality

Best girl

Konosuba was a decent comedy with some up-and-coming voice actors doing better than anybody expected. Nothing amazing, but it was actually good. The reason Sup Forums likes it so much is because it aired during a season when everything else was shit, so it looked better by comparison.

Konosuba was airing during a bad anime season. It however did very well because the premise, while recycled, had enough differences to make an enjoyable series. My issues was around toward the final episodes of Season 1 as they did a time skip without warning and introduced a char no one knew about unless you read the LN.

seems legit. I should probably go ahead and re-watch it while i'm thinking about it.

>tried to seriously push itself forward, as if it was a serious plot or character driven anime.
How can you say that when Aqua's cage and both boss fights happened the way it happened?

Yea your a fucking moron,
This is now a YunYun thread.

>The reason Sup Forums likes it so much is because it aired during a season when everything else was shit, so it looked better by comparison.

The reason why Sup Forums liked it so much was because it was really good. The poor season had nothing to do with it. The main cast had very good chemistry (aside from Darkness, who cares about her) and the show was genuinely entertaining through the situations the cast threw themselves into with a unique take on the isekai genre.

OP, if you didn't like the show as much as everyone else, that's okay. Not everyone is going to enjoy everything under the sun. I for one didn't care for FMA: Brotherhood that much. But I loved Hyouka, a show half this board deems boring.

Well yea, that was why I made the OP.
On note of the cast; when your main squeeze is made up of 4 people, having even one weak link still amounts to 25% suck. And like I already said, i found Kazuma really boring and uninteresting so in the end I didn't like half of the people i saw every episode, and I suppose that was in the end what broke the deal for me.

That said Megumin a cute

It's good because autistic people don't like it.

They fucked up introducing best girl.

But Iris will only appear on season 3

It's fun.
Something that's pretty rare in the anime world.

>as if it was a serious plot or character driven anime.

??????

Silly user, that's Wiz, not Iris.

But you said best girl.

Exactly, Wiz.

Corpses aren't girls.

Because it was actually funny and people actually laughed at it.

Fun things are fun.

>Corpses aren't girls.

But Wiz is still best girl.

Humor is subjective and people with autism have notoriously bad senses of humor, news at 11.

It's funny, and it doesn't take itself seriously. That's why I like it, and generally why it is "good". Most of the jokes hit home for me, but it seems like OP didn't really find it all that funny, which is okay. Kazuma is really a linchpin for this series, if you don't like him, then I can't imagine enjoying the series very much. Half the time I enjoyed the show because of his take on things, of course the other half being Megumin.

I have no idea why it blew up on Sup Forums though, plenty of shows just like this have gone under the radar. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Fuck off. She brought down the entire anime.

Graveyard wasn't that funny, I'd rather have the party swap.

why cant people just have fun

Aqua and Kazuma had the best dynamic in the show, I can't imagine how it would work without her

Studio DEEN finally made a good anime.

That's all Sup Forums needed to hear to give so much attention towards it.

I was mostly bummed that they just kinda threw her into the show like they really didn't care.

>Kazuma was more self-insert then Kirito in SAO
it was a decent bait until this
2/10 for trying

it was cute and had decent pacing and some variety

It was just fun. A lot of fun.

I think this was my favorite scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrY94oLQ-CQ

Whoever voiced the old guy in that scene had amazing delivery. Wouldn't have been nearly as funny without him.

Darkness was pretty bad and they shouldn't skip Wiz.

I just like how everyone is basically an asshole to each other, particularly kazuma and aqua. The guy died a shitty death and ended up in a shitty fantasy setting with 2 incompetent women and 1 girl.

When Vanir comes in S2 you will see the light of your erroneous ways OP

I know, she doesn't even join.

It has cute girls, and Sup Forums thinks with its dick.

She becomes a temporary party member though, multiple times.

>cheeky little cunt gets her pantsu stolen

That was a good episode.

Some of the characters are cliche as fuck, but I enjoyed it because MC is a jaded asshole and his interactions with the characters were funny.

>expect Kazuma to act like a stereotypical NEET that was on the path to wizard and go full retard around women constantly

I was pleasantly surprised

It's four horrible but likeable people having misadventures. It's great. And the humor felt a bit drier and more sarcastic than most anime (or Japanese things in general).

>I need someone to break this down for me, because I really don't see why konosuba did so well on Sup Forums
It did well everywhere. That's why they announced season 2 right away despite it obviously not being planned or in production until after S1 finished.

>I really felt the show often completely forgot it's own stance on isekai and tried to seriously push itself forward, as if it was a serious plot or character driven anime.
It does not even remotely try to do this. The main party doesn't even leave the vicinity of the starting town. Kazuma steals and sells the super weapon of the actual hero of the world and gives absolutely no fucks. There is never any serious tension in the series, the characters never attempt to improve themselves or properly help the world. In fact, at one point, Kazuma considers quitting the whole thing and going back to Japan, before he is revived by Aqua.

Well they do improve their situation which I liked.

There are other shows like this, like what? They sound good then.

Stop posting, Aqua, you suck!

They do make things easier for themselves, but they never actually try to better themselves as human beings or adventurers. As soon as they get that mansion they don't do shit anymore, since there's no point.

Well of course they aren't going to make themselves better people, they have no need.

But they'll still inadvertantly fix and/or make things worse, like defending the town because Kazuma doesn't want to give up the mansion he just got.

Posting best girl

konosuba is a brilliant deconstruction of the virgin reincarnated into another world genre.

prove me wrong

pro tip:you can't

Fucking hell yes.

It was a complete parody, fucking kek.

I can still remember when that dumbfuck aqua used spell break on cursed darkness. Fucking took my sides away.

E
X
P
L
O
S
I
O
N

>cute girls
>occasionally funny (more funny than most anime)
Whats not to like?

Kazuma is based, Aqua is a cute literal retard, and Megumin is the best girl and she wins the Kazuma. Wrap that up in a parody of isekai and you have a great series.

You didn't though, don't worry I got your back bro.

Posting actual best girl

is that spoiler true, I haven't read the manga

I love how morons try to say re:zero is a deconstruction of the genre, when all it is is another standard harem in another world with the edge cranked up

Konosuba is the actual one.

Megumin confesses in vol 9 of the LN and Kazuma confesses back. Both have determined that they're in some kind of relationship now.

I don't actually mind spoilers like that in an anime like that
I'm satisfied with this

Would Subaru enjoy the world of konosuba?

pretty sure he'd spaghetti all over the place

I thought the series was decent, but not anything 10/10. I watched it while it aired, had some good laughs, and did not regret it.

Later on (now), I was curious and looked for some translations of the LNs. Can someone just confirm/deny for me if the popular 'fanfic' is just actually a translation of the original?

Da

it's really not as clear cut as that
they're both still spilling spaghetti all over the place

>they're both still spilling spaghetti all over the place
that's fine
it's a comedy after all

re:zero and konosuba are both complete opposites both authors are friends

Yes, it is.

Thanks, I've heard good things about it so I'll give it a read eventually.

I just want Ixion Saga S2

This is a decent substitute

Even with the spaghetti it's still clear there's something going on between them, they're just too hesitant to do anything further than the hugging and hair petting they did in the bed yet.

Still, the LNs aren't about the romance (usually), so it won't really get touched upon until the next Megumin volume.

Agreedkonosuba is great, re:zero is overrated shit.

Konosuba was funny, like a laugh out loud funny. I think I laughed out loud more consistently watching Konosuba than any other anime I've seen. Anime is usually bad at comedy, but Konosuba was funny as fuck. That's all there is to it.

try Saiki Kusuo

It's anime fantasy seinfeld.

The main cast are all awful people who get into situations that are entirely their own fault and it's fun seeing them trying to bullshit their way out of it.

It's a breath of fresh air compared to so many goddamn Special snowflake OC Do not steals out there.

Love the whole paraody aspect of konosuba. The concept, the story, the characters and their interaction hell even the "romance; aspect is done better then a lot non paradie which is the greatest irony

Kazuma has maxed out luck while Subaru has negative luck. Subaru will never be truly happy even if he goes to Fantasy Straya and Kazuma would still be a king in Re:Zero.

I suddenly want a Re:Zero with Kazuma

What'cha doing there, Aqua?

Have you considered joining Eris sect yet?

Aqua is pretty cute.

Well, it helps that Kazuma and Megumin have had good chemistry and development from the start, so the eventual "thing" they have going on as of vol 9 isn't too unsurprising.

It also helps that Megumin is the eternal best girl so her winning is extra nice.

Perfect screencap ruined, should've edited with (You)s

Sup Forums is filled with teen boys.
It had many lewd service of well endowed girls and no "revolting" loli service.
There you have it.

It's genuinely funny. And not just japanese-humor funny, it borrows from a lot of western MMORPG tropes and mocks them.
If it made a jaded, bitter cunt like me laugh, then it must be.

It's a Pen and Paper RPG gone horribly horribly right.

Art was DEEN quality, which scares the faggots away. Original LN was great.

Swap... what?

it's genuinely funny

Can't fucking wait for season 2. I wanna see Vanir animated. Hope we reach the crimson village too.

>surrounded by girls of varying archetype to fit your fettish
This is literally why it's popular. It might be somewhat funny, but anons would never fucking pay attention to humour alone (see: constantly dead threads for Saiki this season, even though it's 10x funnier than Konosuba).

Some fag and Kazuma swapped parties. It didn't turn out well for the fag.

You mean in the manga/LN or is it yet to happen in the anime?

It should have happened in the anime, but DEEN went with the succubi instead.

>he sold the sword
>the madman actually sold the sword

The anime skipped it. The production never thought this anime would explode and still followed the 10 episode plan.

Hopefully we get a fuckton next season

What happened to the fag?

I loved that episode, especially the "ok" scene

He begged kazuma to swap back. Kazuma really did well with a decent party

>Kazuma really did well with a decent party
Seems strange considering he usually gets carried with Aqua's/Megumin's OP powers, after he tells them to not be retarded that is.