>it's a Nanami episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vFAel2C7KMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not liking Nanami episode
Shit taste senpai.

Yeah that cow episode was really up to par with everything surrounding it

In fact, it's essential to the series as a whole

The egg episode was literally the second best episode.

best girl

Nanami episodes were all that really happened, everything else was a dream.

>its a "nanami's group of side girls" episode

>complain about Nanami episodes
>not the recaps with thirty seconds of vital content at the end

Those are well done for what they are

But what they are is completely unnecessary, it's just tedious

I'm sure it made recaps less of a letdown back when it originally aired, though

But episode 33 is the best recap episode in all of anime.

Watching Nanami episode while drunk is the shit.

Okay yeah I'll give you that, I don't see any other way to enjoy the cow episode

I used to dislike Nanami episodes until I finished Utena and realized how important she was. She truly was best girl all along

Nah. The SDF Macross episode where Hikaru has fever dreams is.

>It's another recap episode
>It's another filler episode
Could've been 2 cour desu

Am I a pleb if I watch this show for the sole purpose of the yuri pairing half the pictures of it seem to imply

There is only one lesbian, and she gets NTR'd by a man.

I kinda gathered that from the threads I've read but are you telling me there's not even one full on yuri scene before that?
Dropped.

There's plenty of yuribait for delusional retards, but you'll probably kill yourself when Utena takes a dick later on.

For some reason this show is known as some great yuri classic, but there's far more gay than lez, and more het than both combined.
Kind of like real life, I guess.

>There's plenty of yuribait
Picked back up.
>but you'll probably kill yourself when Utena takes a dick later on.

I doubt I'll care, shipping and getting caught up in it to the point of being irate when your pairing doesn't happen is pretty autistic. As long as she's not raped or something it'll probably (I'm hoping) add something entertaining to the story.

Tumblr would see it as rape.

Also the brown girl is basically some guy's onahole on the weekend.

Well now I know who I'm self inserting as

If you want to avoid graphic or violent rape then it's fine, but the sex isn't exactly mutually enthusiastic.

It's the sort of series you're supposed to take seriously anyway, reducing them to just 'bait' in any way is nonsensical.

Nanami is the purest, therefore the best.

Worst girl is a tie between Shiori and the blue guy's slutty sister.

>touga_hates_the_gay.jpg

In the light novel adaptation, Touga has sex with Miki... or rapes him, it's not quite clear.

>worst

Some of them are funny

And the novel is written by the edgy guy, who gets the partisan girl in the novelisation of 08th MS Team raped and killed. And then he got in charge of Code Geass.

Hey, all the worst girls in one pic. Plus a corpse.

I bet you hated surfing elephants, and Touga boxing a kangaroo too, faggot

>best girl

>blue guy's slutty sister.
Actually, she's pretty sexy. She's a whore, but I would like to be with her for a moment.

Nanami episodes are better than the boring scientist ones.

She had the best duels.

Damn right! Black Rose arc sucks.

Best duel theme. Prove me wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=vFAel2C7KMY
You can't.

Nuh-uh she didn't!

I liked the duels, the music, the elevator thing, and some of the episodic character bits.
I just cannot give a shit about the scientist fucker and his lame story

Would you fight for her? I think I would.

What was their endgame?
CURRY~
CURRY~
CURRY~

To get laid.

>It's an Anthy bullies Nanami but the show tries to present it as being the other way round until you pick up on what's going on episode

Creepy bitch

Is he our guy?

She might be creepy sometimes. But you can't deny that she's one of the sexiest indian girls in anime.

>I had fun once and it was horrible

Black Rose arc sucked because everything vanished in the end

That has no bearing on the quality of the arc.

>08th MS Team raped and killed
Really? Were there any other major differences?

>its the cow episode

Funny as fuck

>it's a wakaba episode

Would anyone here fight for the rose bride?

Nanami did nothing wrong

dropped

Does this show have the best OST of all time?

No, but it's pretty good.

Develop your hypothesis.

>MO-KU-SHI KU-SHI-MO SHI-MO-KU KU-MO-SHI MO-SHI-KU SHI-KU-MO
Did I say it right??

I don't know what to say. It's got a nice thing going on with the duel songs and Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku, but the rest of the soundtrack is not overwhelmingly good, just good.

It's nice but nothing will ever top Initial D

This series was pretty great. Only thing that I'd give it shit for is how it was needlessly long. There's no reason to stretch 3 cours with the amount of recap and filler episodes the series had. And by filler I don't specially refer to cow 2deep5u symbolism episodes, but to inclusion of entire character that had very little to give for the series than just extend the length.

It was the best episode, in fact the whole series was unbearable except for nanami moments desu.

Utena didn't have fillers.

You're an idiot if you think character episodes were fillers. Those are the meat of the show.

Why do you hate Nanami?

Depends entirely which character we are talking about though. There's a difference between relevant character and a character that could be removed from the series without anything being lost.

>character that could be removed from the series without anything being lost
If you're trying to talk about somebody specific just say it. The main characters all get their proper arcs and every single episode that's not part of an arc opening/closure or a recap is dedicated to at least one of them. The best you can say is that you don't like a character but saying you could remove them and it wouldn't change the show makes no sense, their development is half of the show.

>their development is half of the show
And that's exactly my beef with the series. I know Utena is very episodic series and there's no way to get over it, but the episodic nature seems often just a hindrance before the overarching plot. I also understand you liked "the unnecessary monster of the week number 7 for the second time" structure as that is in fact the beef of the show as you stated, but you could present the series in much more compact fashion. I don't see a very strong reason why for example multiple people outside the student council needed their own arcs. You could also stretch the series as long as you wanted following this formula by just adding more and more characters, why would the series need this sort of length in the first place? 30+ episodes for a story with this structure is just unnecessarily long. Sure this boils down to opinions but what else we are supposed to discuss here?

>multiple people outside the student council needed their own arcs
Every character episode is related to Utena, Anthy or somebody in the student council in some way, those extras are just used as vehicles to develop the main characters, there aren't really duel episodes which aren't dedicated to an important character.

I don't know user, if you're watching Utena hoping they'll get over with the Juri shit or the Miki shit so that the plot starts moving I'm forced to say that you're watching it wrong. Each of the main character arcs have a long and intense development, all in tandem with the main themes of the show, and the show is always making progress with one of these characters in one way or another. This format is precisely what makes Utena so great to me. Taking that away and making it into a slimmer story just about the "essential" parts of the plot would turn it into something much less memorable.