Haifuri

Anyone else really miss this show.

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/wyqnec.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=euWfTiYwRB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_William,_Duke_of_Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

I do. There was a certain charm to it. And as awful as they were, I miss the threads.

I dropped it at ep1. Felt like a copy/paste show with a few minor tweaks and twists thrown in. Did it turn out any good?

Best girl.

Nope

I really enjoyed the series, but I can see why so many people would not like it.

Not really. I liked it, but it didn't need to stick around.

I want Akeno to step on my face.

Nope.

Shut up, Coco.

I want my season 2

Mind control hamsters

I figure something like that was going on from the various OP threads over the months. Can't be worst than Vividred Operation's plot. Were the girls any good? On a scale of 1-10, how much did you want to rape them

Haifuris are for cuddling.

oh

And raping.

No.

There was barely any plot, it more of a SoL. That said, there were quite a few hype moments.

This is the only worthwhile girl.
u.pomf.is/wyqnec.webm

The one thing outstanding in the series were the girls. All are cute, most are fappable, a few are for hugs and cuddles.
I wanted to be assigned to their ship as a "comfort male".

I watched the entirity of it and I forgot what it was even about.

Something about evil mice mind controlling people. No back story on why though.

It's basically just cute girls doing cute things on a boat and doing cute battles.

Alright, fine, I'm in.

Not true. Mashiro is the best girl.

It was very average. The designs were cute though. I only watched it for them. I just skipped through the last 4-5 episodes.

It felt like it's trying to cash in on the cute girls + military equipment niche, but without the soul. Like they just received a list of features that needed to be included, and they were trying to check all the checkboxes.

Coco ova when?

Isn't that the point of having an all female cast though? If the show is just nothing but cute girls then it's easily a cash cow. People produce tons of fan art, lonely males buy the products, etc.

Honestly, I tend to avoid anything with an all female cast because it's just a easy money/viewership cliche at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=euWfTiYwRB0

Pretty much this, cute girls but they are just not really memorable.

A moment of silence for the real heroes who never made it home.

;_;7

Yes, a lot better than gup and strike witches

Damn do I miss it.

>most likely the only anime ever that contains an anime character based on a guy born in my city
>it flops

God damnit Japan. I want my Braunschweig girls to succeed.

>it flops
Ehh no?

Who do you even think she's supposed to be based on?

If you're into weapons, but turned off by little girls wielding them, you should give a chance to Girls und Panzer. It could change your mind. It's a big reason why anime like this are so popular nowadays.

Yes, the girls are cute, but not in the waifu way. You don't have to be attracted to them. And the battles are legitimately badass. It goes for the contrast of tanks vs cutesy, that on the outside the situation is supposed to be serious and dangerous, but on the inside, it's little girls, and it's not.

Wow! I just noticed she holds her tea/coffee mug with two fingers just like I do.

This makes me happier than it should.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_William,_Duke_of_Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel

Guy was a duke born here who fought against and played a major part in ending the Napoleon oppression in Germany and became somewhat of a national hero.

Germany has lots of interesting history, sadly none of it is known because everything is overshadowed by anything related to WW2.

His coffin is kept in the basement of the cathedral here. I should print out a picture of his anime version and put it on his coffin and take a photo for Sup Forums one of these days.

Did you buy your official haifuri knee socks, Sup Forums?

I just want to smell Moka's stench.

Please, they just put some German names together. How is she supposed to be based on this guy anyway? He wasn't even in the naval forces. Do they share some quirks or something? No way.
The other names they threw in there for no good reason at least were taken from admirals or Wilhelm, who gave name to her home which is Wilhelmshaven.
(And she's still not based on them, just copying part of a name is not basing the character on anything.)

>yfw no busty blonde aryan to watch netflix and share a blanket with

>famous duke called "Friendrich Wilhelm of Braunschweig"
>girl is called "Wilhelmina Braunschweig"

What a coincidence.

>gets dumped
>immediately starts trying to steal someone else's woman

It's complicated.

That's still just stealing names, not basing characters on historical persons.

Also, her name is Wilhelmina Braunschweig Ingenohl Friedeburg

It's honestly depressing that Haifuri didn't flop. It sends the industry the message that you don't have to put in GuP-tier effort and talent to make a financially successful military-themed cute girls show and all you need is sheer Aniplex marketing and cute character designs.

I miss TORIKAJI IPPAI

To me it is. Of course the author just went through google and looked for famous German military commanders, but that is as close as it gets with anime. If you want a historical accurate representation of a real life character in anime, then no anime character was based on any real character, ever. This is just innate to the fantasy nature of anime.

>GuP-tier effort
>effort
What the heck
GuP was dumb too and the story cliche as FUCK.

I still want a BLAHAJ.

I miss Captain Mike

How could you miss all those anime where historical persons are turned into little girls and still are supposed to be the historical persons or incarnations of them?

This just isn't the case in Haifuri.

I got really good at reading that as "mii-keh" after a few episodes, but now I'm back to good ol' Captain Mike.

Yest the story was cliche but that doesnt make it bad. Underdog stries have been around since forever. However Haifuri had incredibly shitty plot (mindcontroling mice and shit). Also the characters in GuP were much more memorable than Haifuri cast.

That said i still really liked Haifuri. If you watch it as naval SoL with some action bits its actually pretty entertaining.

Sasuga elevens.

We 3P now.

I don't think so, Tim.

this and amanchu have greatly pleased my petticoat fetish

Why... why would they even make that? Why would adult men buy little girl socks? Or are cross dressers a significant market now?

I recently heard of a human race that is not male.
Just a rumor though.

They will make more. It sold good.

AY YO CAPTAIN MIKE (AY YO CAPTAIN MIKE)
SHIP CAPTAIN OF THE NAVAL DYKES

They're normal girls!

not enough lesbianism.

DELETE THIS

We can prevent lesbianism in the fleet.
Two words:

Comfort males

Any volunteers?

I refuse.

We can but we don't want to.

Do I get to onboard a sub?

Did Trash deserve the treatment she got?

She asked for it.

Kuro is a good girl, beautiful, loving and loyal.

Please assign me to the Engineering Department.

Occasionally I ask myself: What would Captain Mike do?

Miss what? Terrible mishmash of comedy/serious, the most one dimensional cast in a long while, no OST, quality everywhere. It was shit in every regard.

>tfw no cute haifuri to watch poop

>there will never be doujin of the haifuris shitting from the side of the ship
This is the worst.

>it can be reasonably conjectured that Trash has anal fissures
10/10 worldbuilding

Does this show have any good foot scenes? I need to know whether I should bother to torrent.

>bras are fine
>pantsu would be too lewd

Life is shit

And I mean pantsu on the girls, not just teasingly waved about

It's the usual "Entire cast of Japanese girls and it's the German exchange student that has the best design and scenes".

Other wise, just this.

I'm not a footfag so I don't remember, but have some armpit just because.

lolno

Don't let the op picture lure you in

Too much drama. They should've made it more like GuP, where it's a competitive sport.

>Girls, it's been a long war, it's been a tough war. You've fought bravely, proudly for your country. You're a special group. You've found in one another a bond that exists only in combat, among sisters. You've shared cabins, held each other in dire moments. You've seen death and suffered together. I'm proud to have served with each and every one of you. You all deserve long and happy lives in peace.

This show would have been better without ___

you, user.

>I avoid something I havent ever watched because its maybe watched by losers
Retards

>trying to have a serious dramatic narrative when your villains are hypnomice

those fucking ferrets were basically the root of everything wrong with lesboats

Mind control gerbils are fine if you think of the show as Star Trek with cute girls instead of WW2 Recreationist Training Coast Guard with cute girls.

All will be redeemed if they strap some rocket engines to the recovered Harekaze in season 2.

The first couple of episods were very exciting. The rest wasn't so bad either. Would watch again.