White Fox original 'Matoi The Secret Slayer'

>The studio's first original anime series (Comes out in the Fall)
>It's Mahou Shoujo

So can White Fox actually do anything with this, or is all the hype the studio is currently getting just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pop1YCKwng&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=YWy5wAwQuT4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hopefully this will redeem them for Re:zero.

Mahou Shoujo is already a pretty thoroughly explored genre, so I'm tempering expectations early.

Even more so if you look at how inundated next season is with fantastical girls.

>Mahou Shoujo is already a pretty thoroughly explored genre
It's not though. There is still so many niches that are way undersaturated and have barely anything in it. 99% of it is PreCure nowadays, there is basically no shows that aren't 5 minute long parody shorts that are aimed at a more mature audience.

Here's the synopsis:

It is 2016. Matoi Sumeragi, a second-year junior high school student, works part-time as a shrine maiden at Tenman Shrine in the city of Kamaya. Ever since being separated from her mother in early childhood, Matoi has been entrusted to her grandparents on her father's side, but three months ago, she finally began to live with her father Shingo. In those circumstances, she only wishes for a peaceful, normal life.
Her close friend and part-time workmate Yuma Kusanagi is part of the family of the shrine's chief priest, and is a candidate to be the successor shrine maiden. For generations, her family has performed exorcisms of evil spirits. She invites Matoi to one of these exorcism ceremonies, a so-called "Divine Possession" that she will attempt.

One day, Matoi and Yuma walk from the school to the shrine as usual, but when they arrive, they are greeted by the shrine's now damaged grounds, and Yuma's parents have both collapsed from their wounds. Matoi's father Shingo, a police detective, launches an investigation, and he comes upon a man who does not seem entirely sane: his only witness. When he holds down the man, Yuma begins the ritual of Divine Possession.

Something strange then happens, not with Yuma, but with Matoi. Matoi Sumeragi, who had only wanted a normal, peaceful life, takes the role of a god, and gains the power to banish evil spirits! To get her precious everyday life back, Matoi must conduct exorcisms!

Based on the character designs I can tell it won't be worth watching.

>who had only wanted a normal, peaceful life
I hate this shit.

White Fox is still mad that Madoka came and stole all the thunder from Steins;Gate in 2011, so they're gonna try and one up it.

Those character designs are terrible.

From the youtube-videos, it looks like they summon monsters to fight each another.

It looks generic, but who knows, perhaps the fight scenes will be awesome.

Tbf it looks better in the trailer. The box art doesn't really do it justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pop1YCKwng&feature=youtu.be

>guy who did Sora no Method
Dropped.

All visual mediums are short on character development on purpose to focus on visuals not characters. You focus on making the characters 'interesting' you get shit like grimgar and nobody likes you

Who would you guess is best girl just based on appearances?

saber
its always the blonde

Hard to say anything about it really at this point. PVs and synopsis doesn't really tell us much, and it's an original so it could go in any direction.

No reason not to check it out. Lot of mahou shoujo next season, hopefully it does something to stand out.

That monster looked pretty neat, but other than that, I didn't really see anything that seemed interesting.

Looking forward to it.
Its a pretty magically Fall Season so I am quite happy.

>moe shit

Wtf I hate white fox now

Hoping for a non dark by the books Mahou Shoujo with focus on character interaction and relationships instead of going with grimdurk style.

And now after reading the synopsis and staff list I've basically lost all hope for this. Yuri on Ice is going to be AOTS so easily.

GochiUsa is White Fox's best production

>She invites Matoi to one of these exorcism ceremonies, a so-called "Divine Possession" that she will attempt.
So they're actual miko? This could be all right.

>(Comes out in the Fall)
There is a better Mahou Shouko anime this fall: youtube.com/watch?v=YWy5wAwQuT4

No reason why it can't be both character driven and a little dark.

Though I do agree with the fact that if this anime wants to stand out in a season full of Magical girls, the primary focus has to be on giving the girls some interesting characterization.

>who had only wanted a normal, peaceful life

>To get her precious everyday life back
Fuck this shit

Yeah, of all the things that are known about this series this far, that's the biggest red flag for me. It just screams generic garbage.

Smells like ad copy, like someone had a deadline and had to write something fast.

Even the logo looks like a copy of Madoka logo, shit fox is not even trying.

I hope so. The rest of the breakdown is "ok" besides that.

>everything's set up for it to be a grimdark magical girl show
>in the third episode someone's about to die but doesn't
>tone gets progressively lighter
>becomes this irrepressibly positive show

>White Fox
Fuck them and their edgefest too.

Silver Link a best. Who else is with me?

Ufotable > Silver link

This. Silver Link is ufotable for fedora tippers

>yuri/pedobait studio
>anywhere near the upper echelons of decent studios

No.

>implying GodAni isn't best studio

>>hurrdurr yuri/pedobait studio
>implying edgefest studio is any better

Are we seriously doing this now? Throwing out whatever studio name for the sake of it?

Might as well join in. Fucking Madhouse and Sunrise still haven't lost their touch.

Silver Link has never produced a bad anime.