Scariest manga you've ever read?

I've tried about a dozen, scariest so far were fuan no tane and uzumaki

>scary
>manga

It's the reason why I made the thread, I'm just interested if there's anything truly scary out there, fuan no tane and uzumaki were'nt really scary they were just unsettling

Ito can be hit or miss.
I generally appreciate him more for the dark humor and absurdity than pure horror aspect of his works.
That being said, here's one of his that never fails to give me a chill at the end.

Relevant.

Had it never been cancelled Ito would've left his mark in Silent Hill.

You must be a faggot who thinks jumpscares = scary.

I don't like where this is going.

The one with the dumpster loli was pretty spooky

Nah it was a cheap shitty slasher

Only thing that comes to mind for me is Dragon Head. It had the potential to be pretty scary, If they didn't put the most unsettling artwork it had to offer onto the cover of every volume.

I got pretty unnerved by left hand of God right hand of the devil or whatever it's called

I don't really get scared easily, but I enjoyed the creepy atmosphere of 6000.

Those wacky Americans right?

Thanks for the dump user, I haven't read this story yet.

I avoided that series for years because the covers on the American version made it look like shit and now it's one of my favorite post-apocalypse series along with 7Seeds.

I'm on the edge of my seat

No problem user. I've read almost everything he's done at this point, so the best way for me to enjoy his works is to share.

Me too

Me too user.

Oh shit

I used to look for Junji Ito's works at one point, but some of his stories I read were dumb as fucking shit, so I gave up and haven't read much of his ever since. That being said, this one seems to be one of the more interesting ones.

lol japanese ghost stories are enjoyable, but so nonsensical.

G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G--G-G-G-G-G-Gosh that's spooky!

And that's the end.
Hope you enjoyed it everyone.

I'm fucking starving, gonna bail and make some breakfast. If the thread is still around when I get back I'll start dumping again.

fucking hell its 1240 am and im reading this waiting for olympic taekwondo

dogs are shouting like crazy outside

I don't get it. I'm not even spooked

Thanks, man.

I don't get the ending, but arigatou for the dump user-san

>1240 am
china?

Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

He was a spooky ghost all along.

Well I got that part, but I didn't get the very last page

My favourite thing about Fuan no Tane is that it preys on little what-if thoughts.
>Don't look into sewers or windows lest you find something looking back
>if you see something frightening out the corner of your eye never look twice

It's really effective

6000 would make an excellent anime or VN with the tone. Sounds and voices would really give it a lot more.

The setting was really interesting, but the actual spook is something I've heard too many times.
"He was actually dead the whole time!!" Ok. Seen this before.

I still haven't read Uzumaki but I remember one or two short stories that gave me chills.
There was one that legitimately scared me, but I can't find it anymore.

>There was one that legitimately scared me, but I can't find it anymore.
What was it about?

is it the one where the people find the holes perfect for them? that shit was weird.

Those last panels were pretty unsettling. Anyone else besides Junji Ito that does good horror?

I really enjoyed Ito's Lovesick Dead (also translated as 'Undying Love') and that oneshot about people being found sewn together. Also, Tales of the Unusual is pretty good, even though it's gookshit.

Not that guy, but The Enigma of Amigara Fault was the first Junji Ito story I read, and remains one of my favorites.

>I've tried about a dozen
Lurk for two years before posting.

Nice it was his own fault that his sister died and now the deserter is the scapegoat

Bump, quality thread

Thoughts on portus? I thought it started out pretty cool but got uninteresting towards the end

The visuals in fuan no tane are excellent but a lot of the story's themselves must be either lost on me or just too short for my liking. There a couple good ones in there though.

oyasumi punpun

A lot of short stories from Ito creep me out, but Tomie did leave its mark on me. I miss the story dumps for it

I fucking love Fuan no Tane, but the sequel is a little lacking. The author went for a more plot-like approach in it and it just doesn't work very well for the kind of spooky he was going for originally.

Agreed, the whole hair thing was eh

I guess it implyes that if he (the ghost) finds out they were lying, he'll want revenge or do them some harm.

>horror manga thread
>Ito is dumped within 5 posts

He's nice and all but predictable

Who's your favorite horror mangaka?

If you predicted the end for his 'She is a slow walker' I'll appoint you to Earth's Grand Seer.

Fuan no Tane is probably the only one I find legitimately scary. I think it's because there's not usually any story or context to the creepy shit happening. It's here "here a disturbing image/idea" and the moves right along. There's no chance to rationalize it.

I hope this thread doesnt die because I have a question

Can anyone explain town without streets to me?the ending is just too fucking weird,but i consider it to be one of the most interesting of Ito works

This is going to sound really wimpy but sometimes just thinking about Fuan no Tane gets me scared. There's a bunch of stories that really got to me because of my already paranoid nature, like that one with the giant creature peeking into the windows.

Tomie ranged from being entertaining to genuinely scary, moreso just gorey entertainment.
The only scary stories I can remember were the one where there's 2 tomies and they make neets try to kill, the one where an organ sample revives and eats its way out from the inside, and when there's some abomination in someone's basement.

Japanese horror is very entertaining because it's not about bad people being punished but completely normal getting fucked with at random or even punished from sowing the right thing. It's weird how different it is morally from the West.

>Can anyone explain town without streets to me?
What's there to explain? It's just some random story with supernatural elements here and there, with the concept of privacy (violation) being its main theme.

It usually doesn't have any western stereotypes overall

I feel like the author of it must have some paranoid tendacies in him and he's communicating those feelings to you the reader through his manga.

Fuck off I need to sleep tonight so don't just post spooky shit without a spoiler.

SO I JUST READ THIS SHIT AND FELT THE NEED TO SHARE

page 4 was just a picture from the translator