Haikyuu!! chapter 218

Dumping.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/haikyuu!! chapter/
pistachioshiba.tumblr.com/post/134996453075/shiratorizawa-novel-chapter-translation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"What are you think about"

Eh, nice catch.

Ok I'm done and I don't know why this page is so tiny. I'm gonna guess they were in a rush this week.

When will this be over.

I'm still hoping it won't have less chapters than Kuroko (276).

I don't think it will end anytime soon, especially regarding its popularity. I'd give it at least two or three more years.

Called it, season 3 will only be 10 episodes. I hope it's not going to flop too hard.

i took a break from this series till s3 came out, but all the manga chapters after shiratorizawa have been taken down. I checked baka updates and everything. Can you guys lead me in the right direction?

Did you stop reading right after the Shiratorizawa match?

No. After snake v neko I think

Then I can help you, give me a few minutes.

Nevermind, I thought of uploading the files but there's an easier way
desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/haikyuu!! chapter/

i didn't realise anons were still making threads cus not a neet anymore
god bless senpai

You're welcome dude.

Haikyuu is pretty popular so it will do decent but not as well as the first two seasons, there is no way. Probably why they are rushing it out as soon as possible.

There's that, but also nobody cares about Shiratori

I do, though it looks like I'm in the minority. I guess they wanted to strike while the iron was hot but it's probably not gonna be good for sales because they have other shows to compete with that are popular with women.

Thank you!

True. Fukurodani was pretty well liked even before getting animated yet Shiratorizawa doesn't seem to have very many fans despite having the most exposure of any rival team so far. The most hype I see is from anime only viewers.

The up side is less episodes probably means great animation all the way through.

The real question is if Haikyuu will go onto the second year

I imagine that'll depend on whether or not Karasuno wins the championship

I get the feeling Karasuno will lose to that new small giants school or Itachiyama.

Bokuto and Akaashi made Fukurodani popular. Tendou's all Shiratorizawa has going for it and he's just a freak. It's not really fair to compare the two. Maybe if there was a Nekoma connection like what Fukurodani had, Shiratorizawa would be more popular for its personalities, since fucking Kuroo knows everybody in Japan that plays volleyball on a personal level, but they never established that so Shiratorizawa's a fringe school compared to the others. Even Aoba Johsai at least had relevance through Kageyama's past; Shiratorizawa was just a boogeyman school that no one had personal stake in because none of the cast or even the supporting schools except Aoba Johsai had faced them directly.

I predict they'll made it through the first round at Nationals, face Nekoma in the second and lose. That'll set the next year as the "we'll get revenge on our rivals at Nationals", with the third years being able to retire out having officially reignited the Battle at the Garbage Dump tradition for both schools to follow.

>10 eps

That's actually better than the 12 eps everyone else was predicting. The 3 sets against Seijou took up 6 episodes last season; 5 sets against Shiratorizawa in 10 episodes is actually a mercy.

Maybe they should have given that Ushijima rivalry to a 3rd year on Karasuno instead of Oikawa so it makes shiratori vs karasuno rivalry relevant.

As for Fukurodani's popularity, it helped we got introduced to them at a training camp so we got to see them in a more casual way which made them more likable.

I agree. There was no personal attachment between anyone on Karasuno with Shiratorizawa like there was with Aoba Johsai, which I think made Shiratorizawa feel too distant for anyone to really put a lot of empathy towards even with their coverage. Tendou grabbed a few hearts just because he's so outlandish a personality, but it being his last year it's not like he's going to stick around and be a lingering menace to Karasuno like Aone, Kenma, Akaashi, etc will be after this year.

>Tendou's all Shiratorizawa has going for it and he's just a freak.
I use Pixiv daily and I can assure you that all Shiratorizawas are pretty popular, especially Ushiwaka, Semi and Shirabu for some reason. Tendou too, of course, but hey he doesn't have that appealing bishonen look so he doesn't get as much love.
A whole year of chapters fitting in 10 episodes is indeed a mercy, I'm glad.

Sure they've got some fanart but they are nowhere near as loved as other rival schools with less exposure than them. The only people who care about Ushijima are probably Oikawa fujoshits.

This. Even the Snakes are getting love because they have connection, not because they've gotten a lot of exposure. Shiratorizawa only gets art because of exposure, their lack of connection is why they're not a dominant popular school.

Yeah you're right about that, I just meant that they seem to be far more popular with nips than with western people from what I can see. Westerns seem to be all over Aoba and I also feel like IwaOi has gotten dangerously popular.

They're doomed anyway. Their time is over and done with and they'll be relegated to the dust of the past if Haikyuu extends into next year after the thirds have graduated. They might get cameo drop-in appearances like what happened with Dateko's retired third-years, but apart from that their impact on the series is at an end.

Honestly my only problem with Shiratorizawa is that furudate loves them so much he pushes them into the story however he wants to, just look at the last few pages of this chapter and also pic related. All his fans care about is Karasuno, Kuroo, Iwaizumi, Oikawa, Bokuto and Akaashi; he was so upset he had to draw his own dream team just so he could include both Tendou and Ushijima, that's actually pretty sad when you think about it. Though sometimes I almost feel like he's doing it on purpose.

I can forgive him for playing favorites with Ushijima and Tendou because he picked based Yaku as libero over that scamp from Seijou.

Who even likes that scam from Seijou? I can't even remember his name right

Boku no Hero had only 13 episodes (which adapted only 20 chapters). With more 10, Haikyuu now have about 60 episodes. You should be happy.

This is his last chance to push them since most of the relevant players 3rd years except Goshiki. Funny he tries so hard with them yet Ushijima remains this character that is just kinda there taking up space. Tendou kinda grew on me over time.

>scam
Oops. I meant scamp.
Nobody complained about it, Satan.

It's not so much that it's 10 episodes, more that it's 10 episode of the worst team.

Watari was pretty good, and he taught Noya the jump serve indirectly, but Yaku's always been a more fascinating libero, plus his menacing Lev is amusing.

>Funny he tries so hard with them yet Ushijima remains this character that is just kinda there taking up space.
I find his autism rather endearing. That's how he grew on me, at least.

I think if Aone hadn't already covered the looming Frankenstein stoic trope, I might have appreciated Ushijima more, but all I really appreciate about him is him getting BTFO and shown how his ingrained philosophy fails to take into account chaos theory.

Really? I thought it was an arc that everyone liked.

The manga made it stretch forever because of the pacing. It's called 'Namek' for a reason.

Almost everyone was complaining about it though

I've seen more negativity towards that arc than any other. There is a reason people called it namek or hell. The only arc that everyone seemed to love was the first training camp. This fandom is ridiculously obsessed with fukurodani, nekoma, and seijou.

The end was arguably worth it.

It was a great arc for Tsukki, but that's about the only thing worthwhile. It did feel weird that the 1st years shined the most against a mostly 3rd year elite school.

>This fandom is ridiculously obsessed with fukurodani, nekoma, and seijou.
You say that like it's a bad thing, don't forget about Karasuno too.

Great arc for Tsukki, pretty good arc for Nishinoya, went a lot into showing how much work the 1st years put into their skills to get where they got to. I liked how everyone got to display the stuff they learned at the training camp from the Kanto schools against both Seijou and Shiratorizawa.

I suspect it'll be Nationals where the third years will shine a lot brighter, though. Just have a hunch.

The readers definitely have their favorites.

I actually think people prefer those three over karasuno, especially with the amount of seijou wank I've seen or all the nekoma and fukurodani fanart in haikyuu threads. Karasuno is just the most relevant because they are the main team.

I think overall Karasuno is still the fan favorite team, but there are specific individuals from the other schools that are fan favorite characters. It's a respectable accomplishment in a sports manga that Furudate's managed to generate supporting characters people give just as much of a damn about as the mains. Cats vs Owls and Cats vs Snakes were some vocal threads here even with the anime on hiatus.

>I've seen more negativity towards that arc than any other.
I haven't read that part, but I remember seeing a lot of people praising the development. Weird.

Volume 8 BD/DVD cover.

Really? Tsukishima got a lot of character development, I don't remember much for anyone else. Even Ushijima's background was pretty mediocre.

>last cover Seijou will be on as this iteration

Suck it, plantfags.

It's good until people start bitching about how shafted their favs got. It almost felt like people thought seijou were the main characters when karasuno defeated them.

You're probably thinking of something else then. People were complaining about everything from the pacing to the drawings. The only thing that was praised was Tsukki's development through that arc.
Nice, but look at those ridiculously thin arms.

I guess I'm the only one in this thread who's favorite team is Shiratorizawa. I especially love Goshiki after reading the novel.

Seijou'd beaten them once already, if anyone was actually surprised by them losing to Karasuno then they have only themselves to blame for being retards.

Tbf, the only team that's gotten consistently screwed over has been Dateko.

Not enough space on the cover to properly represent Iwaizumi's gains.

Fuck, can't they make the MC grow at least to 170 cm. He has no future at any level at his size. Your average pro is nearly 2meters tall.

Hinata will probably just become a coach in the future. He seems good at teaching people if Hyakuzaya is any indication.

>The only thing that was praised was Tsukki's development through that arc.
Maybe that's it.

They could have made him tall... But then the parallels to Sakuragi would have been too numerous.

what novel?

>He has no future at any level at his size. Your average pro is nearly 2meters tall.
Do you even read Haikyuu dude? It's all about doing your best and proving to everyone that when there's a will, there's a way.

The funny thing is if Hinata was in any other sport that doesn't depend on height he'd be a superstar already. His height is the one thing he can't fix through willpower alone.

I didn't mind the Shiratorizawa arc but maybe that's because I read it all in one day instead of having to wait week by week. That must have been torturous.

Can confirm, it was. There's a reason it's called Namek. You've made the right choice user.

pistachioshiba.tumblr.com/post/134996453075/shiratorizawa-novel-chapter-translation

I will how long the final match at nationals will be. 60 chapters, maybe?

I just remember thinking Furudate was forcing it to seem like the most important final boss match of all time yet the rivalry just wasn't there. It was just karasuno being completely outclassed and then getting lucky sometimes. I felt nothing when it was finally over.

Since Namek was about 45 chapters long, you can safely assume that the final match will be around 60-70, I guess. It's time for a Namekest Namek.

>45 chapters long
Wow! That is almost... a year!

>5 sets
>70 chapters
kill me now

Will the 3rd years actually be relevant for their final matches this time?

Wow! Did you know... grass is green!

I want to see a character get seriously injured. so injured that they can never play volleyball again.

We need that focus on Karasuno and Nekoma anyway

That match will probably be short like nekoma vs fukurodani and then the majority of chapters will be spent on karasuno getting crushed by whatever elite school.

How about no.

Not always.

>Karasuno losing in the final match

Jesus the butthurt would last years

Yeah it's probably not green in Chernobyl, my bad.
Not going to happen