ITT: Girls who started as best but over time became worst

Pic related.

She was better when she wasn't lusting after Subaru

This makes me feels so mad, she was so fucking great and now she is just there.

I think the writer doesn't know what to do with her because everything points to >Relationship Upgrade but he doesn't want to take the step uet.

We will NEVER see her fight like she did against Bakugou ever again.
She will now ALWAYS be the girl who randomly appears every other chapter to blush about wanting Deku's dick.

What the fuck? What did she do?

becoming irrelevant

This is why shipping is cancer.
Everything touched by shipping dies and becomes automatic shit in any context.
Shipping is an aggressive tool used for specified Flanderization.

She started as the upbeat, silly yet passionate girl who had an admirable goal in becoming a hero.
Over time she lost focus, just being 'there' rather than actually doing anything, and more recently she's literally just that character who has a crush on the MC and all of her dialogue now is about 'muh Deku' and her feelings or whatever.

Salty female self inserts mad she isn't the main character

That doesn't mean she became bad, she just needs some screentime. The current arc seems like a good place for it

Nope, her character is only about loving the MC from now on and you will have to deal with it.

I honestly hope this is what happens just to spite all you whiny faggots

>Character realizing her feelings recently
>this means she's shit
She's not even all about Deku, she had her own convictions during the last arc and didn't join him and the others on their crusade. Now that her feelings are out in the open now they can be addressed and we can move on.

But what if Subaru accepted her lust?

it's just faggots whining about her not being muh strung indipendant womon

she's still a fun character and will get her time to shine eventually

This
5 chapters ago everyone was gushing about how cute it was, now all of a sudden she's an irrelevant character who has no traits but liking deku
She already has more screentime altogether then 90-95% of the cast, she's constantly around.

Give me an arc were ashido, deep dope, tape man, (((kaminari))), ant whisperer, sugar wrestler guy, or anyone from class B getting to exist for a while

I fucking hate fake tsunderes.

Time for opinions eh?

Emi genuinely hates (hated? hates) Maou's guts though.

Unless you're talking VN after she warms up to him and then she's not really tsun there after that point.

>it's just faggots whining about her not being muh strung indipendant womon

Or they're complaining she fell into the same absolute bullshit almost every female fell in Shounen Jump titles

No wonder a good chunk of readers grew up and went into moe; their childhoods were fucked

Is she giving an air-handjob?

>she's still a fun character and will get her time to shine eventually

Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that. Maybe it will happen in your dreams.

>Now that her feelings are out in the open now they can be addressed and we can move on.
>implying female characters ever move on and don't turn into automatic shit when they fall in love

Are you new to how manga works?

>No wonder a good chunk of readers grew up and went into moe; their childhoods were fucked
>implying

As a male you are supposed to prefer male friendships/relationships to female ones unless you are looking for sex or a wife. Battle shounens didn't turn those guys into moefags. They were always defective.

>No wonder a good chunk of readers grew up and went into moe; their childhoods were fucked

This.
Every time a girl falls in love the entire focus of her character is changed to be about muh beloved. Seriously, what a waste.

why is her liking the mc absolute bullshit

you sound like a retarded tumblrina (pleonasm l know)

There is the problem: you. People like you are the reason this cancer is allowed in the first place. Drop dead, shipperfag.

that doesn't answer my question mongoloid-kun

Just another argument that turns into name calling, faggots.

it will all turn out fine, she will get her own scenes and development over this next arc.
r-right?

if she gets disqualified for her license its all over for her

>wanting females to have prominent roles in battle shounen shit

>girls who started as worst but became by far the best

>Dat Urarakadonk

Wew lad

>As a male you are supposed to prefer male friendships/relationships

Ohh, there you are again, /y/

She's been getting plenty of development considering how far along we're in the manga - there's literally been no other opportunity or space for her to naturally have any more moments.

>>wanting females to have prominent roles in battle shounen shit

WHAT A CONCEPT that's never been done in a more mainstream audience but most done aimed for otaku

I'll probably be the only one in this shounenshit thread to tell you why.

The reason why people hate it isn't about being some strong independent woman or whatever tumblr boogeyman you're deflecting to, it's about characterization and how the character becomes effectively reduced to nothing more than a useless love interest, how they serve no other purpose to the story other than being the girl that likes MC. It's literally up the author to prove otherwise or just tow the line of having useless bitches taking up time from more relevant characters with their feelings. With how the manga is going, this is likely what Uraraka is going to stay as.

It's common enough to (rightfully) piss people off and while I never gave a shit about Uraraka, seeing what they did with her is really disappointing since her power was actually interesting.

so uraraka is going to quit UA and abandon her desire to become a hero and provide for her parents to become deku's housewaifu? thanks for the headsup

>implying female characters ever move on and don't turn into automatic shit when they fall in love

Read more manga newfag.

Not him, but I don't even care if they don't have a prominent role, I just dislike it when they fall in love. They just turn in the same shitty character I already saw in other manga with a different name and skin: the person in love who cannot spare the reader their romance.
Every panel in manga with a person in love going on about their feelings is a wasted panel.

>started as best
Snake was always a shit

she was so cool for the first part of the show, then she felt the need for dick and everything went to shit

If that's how you interpret it then sure.

>cold blooded killer
>"oh lol no just kidding,she was innocent after all"

>suddenly kids
>oh lol she just fell in love with her oneitis after being all psycho in him

I can tell you had to search pretty hard to find one, therefore I congratulate you for your efforts. However, whatever few exceptions you may find wouldn't disprove the rule, quite the opposite.
Also, here is an advice: bring a more recent exception next time if you want to convince others. Bringing old shit on the table is hardly impressive.

The problem with most female love interests in shounen is that they have no personality and motive beyond loving the MC. There is nothing wrong with female characters falling for the MC they just have to have a character beyond that. While I like Hinata there's really nothing to her beyond falling for Naruto since her whole character is about how Naruto was such a huge inspiration in her and not much else Orihime is even worse since her whole character became about liking Ichigo then just a part of it when she was largely just a goofy bubbly girl with a hyperactive imagination.

Same problem as Yuzu

At the beginning a bit of a jobber but they make an effort to get better, but then the writer becomes lazy and makes them generic love interest

One of these days I just want a girl who jobs but then works to get stronger, and then fucking snaps when she realizes what her role as a female in a shounen would -usually- indicate

I told you

Girls in shounen will always be useless

Always

Always

ALWAYS

>Search pretty hard
>Shaman King is in anyway obscure

A female in anime will only be competent if they're the MC, and even then not always(See Shana)

Don't get me started on Yuzu

I don't get why the writers shat the bed on her she was a character that wrote herself

>Orihime

If I recall correctly, almost half her lines in Bleach are "KUROSAKI-KUN", right? I honestly don't know why include female characters if that's how they are going to be like. You could put a dog in their place and they would serve the same function while being cooler, at least.

>I can tell you had to search pretty hard to find one
Not really. Anna just popped into my head probably because I was thinking of female characters in general and not female love interest. And the thing about her is that she was all about loving Yoh from the get go but she had an actual personality and did everything she could to make him a better person rather than just putting up with him being a slacker, she also wanted to be Shaman Queen as well and didn't want to put up wit Yoh's bullshit despite being in love with him.

>Also, here is an advice: bring a more recent exception next time if you want to convince others.

Here you go you big baby since its obvious that you don't read much manga making silly generalizations like that.

I can't stand her anymore. I went from wanting her to recover to wanting her to die. Though most of that fault is with Miura, we are lucky if we get more than a few chapters a year.

pic unrelated
>Shana
kek

Her "own convictions" made her stay at home and eat bon-bons

Fucking Neville from Harry Potter at least tried to fight Harry, Ron, and Hermione when they went to the forbidden area. Uraravity just said "No guys don't:^("

Passive characters will NEVER be seen as cool, or likable. Better for someone to do a ton of shit and fuck up then to passively be good

Hey man Lina is fucking awesome

Fights smart, strong, and dirty

>Her "own convictions" made her stay at home and eat bon-bons
Well yeah because stupid weren't allowed out during that and she can't really use her quirk to stop them from going that'll be illegal. What they did was pretty fucking stupid regardless of the intention being just or not.
>Fucking Neville from Harry Potter at least tried to fight Harry, Ron, and Hermione
Which was fucking stupid and didn't really accomplish anything.

It at least showed backbone and conviction

Urara-love interest just said "No guys don'tttttttt"

>mfw im an Ochacofag
>10 years from now when BNHA is about to end i will join my fellow Hinata and Orehimefags as victor while slurping on salty shipper tears

Godamn that feels great
Stay buttblasted everyone

You know, I was about to give you shit and say it is obscure for you, but that wouldn't be fair.
It is the best anyone can do when they cannot find a more recent example. I don't blame you, it is not your fault there aren't recent examples to be found.

true dat brother

It wasn't just Ochako that said not to go, you're forgetting Tsuyu said they'd be villains if they went.

Literally the opposite is true for Nadeko.

So how recent are we talking because is newer than Shaman King

>Here you go you big baby since its obvious that you don't read much manga making silly generalizations like that.

You are correct, but thank you for bringing up interesting information.
The girl you posted is cute.

the key difference though is its EXTREMELY obvious already that ochako is endgame.

You know Ochako hasn't really done anything to warrant herself being dubbed useless at this point in the story she's also not being relegated as the "first-aid" girl either. If I will say one thing I like that fact that she fell for Deku as he is now rather than AS A KID GROWING UP BECAUSE SHE SAW HIM DOING SOMETHING COOL AND HAS KEPT THAT SAME MEMORY OF HIM THROUGH ADOLESCENCE but no they met when he was about to trip on himself like the dork he is and since the entrance exam they have been supporting one another throughout the manga.

well user, to understand the outrage with ichiruki,
early bleach really did seem like that too.

Kill yourself

So what? Better get it out now then play with it for 15 years leaving one side completely butt devastated in the end.

Tsurara was another character that was all about loving the MC but people still liked her because she was cool (heh), strong and cute along with having a personality. Maybe people just hate love interests that have nothing but dick on the mind.

>anybody besides delusional shippers thught that Rukia and Sakura would actually win
Rukias chance of winning ended right after SS in bleach 7 years ago

>Those Likes

I'm not sure if Shounen Jump has some secret clause telling their mangaka to include shipping, but I wouldn't put it past them. They are the Hollywood of manga.

>Rukia
Nah, it was when Kubo met his wife.
>Sakura
I never read narutu but just from reading threads, articles, wherever I knew she liked edgelord more.
Also typical trio MC setup, just like in Harry Potter and in Magi.

This.

They are both giant dorks, that's what makes it cute.
I personally love seeing her spill her spaghetti every time the girls wanna do girl talk about boys, it feels real to me.

If you want real hamfisted love bullshit go read Black Clover.
The MC in that serise has girls falling over his dick in spades, for doing nothing else then being talking to them for 5 minutes or less.
I think he has like 5 potential lovers at this point and it hasn't even reach 100 chapters.

Although they are pretty hot

>Silver hair tsundere
>Big tits rich idiot
>Redhead poor
>Flat chest yandere on the enemy side
Only a matter of time until someone from the all girls guild also falls for him because he has no mana but still fights.

>That feminist captain has a chrush on cap.Yami
I don't care how shit this serise is
Im gonna follow it to the end just to se that development

Holy fuck that was great

It's pretty obvious that the tsundere is going to win. There really isn't any solid completion at this point. There was that one girl with the younger brother, but she bowed out of the Asterbowl.

Man, Black Clover is just one shounen cliche after another. Hell.

To be fair, every other captain either looks like a fag or ugly as shit. I think that fire lion guy was the only other decent one before he got his arm ripped off.

Even earlier it ended in the original one-shot.

>2 chapters of her showing feelings to deku
>makes her bad

wew lads you mad your waifu is claimed by an alpha like deku?

It really is.
The only fun i have with it is finding out witch manga the author ripped off this chapter.
>there are kids out there that will have BC as their first shouen because they don't know any better

Genuinely makes me sad
Sorry this is turning into a BC thread now but i need to know since other people have actualy read it too.

Am i the only one that gets griffith esq vibs from him?

And by Griffith-esq vibs i mean form the #1 captain with the faggy mask

It's literally Magic Naruto. I really hope the author throws a curveball.

>No personality vs shit personality

Forget about it, they're pretty much tumblrinas similar to the ones in Magi, they tend to think that just because a female character isn't "le strong independent woman" then she's worthless, what's next is that the tumblrinas who claim to like Ochako will attempt to ship her with BAkugo and then because of the echo chamber, they'll delude themselves into believing that it's a likely pairing that will make her "independent" and that she's somehow less independent by being in love with MC, despite the fact that she is 1. making her own decisions and 2. isn't actually worthless.

The same thing happened with the Magi tumblrina contingent.

>Am i the only one that gets griffith esq vibs from him?
That William faggot is a 1:1 copy of Griffith.

>Magi

Why does Magi in particular attract so many landwhales? Especially considering it's a shonen. Is it because the author is a woman? I always see them complaining about how Morgiana isn't some "strong independent woman". Even more so after she won the Bababowl.

Lol you're all actually retarded man babies

It's funny when you think about it because compared to the character that they latched on as "le strong independent woman" she's actually shows a lot more indepence that the other character. However, because Morgiana is in love with Alibaba and chooses to be by his side she's been ruined, and because the other character was spurned by a man and is bitter she's more independent despite the fact that she all of her actions and decisions were those foisted upon her by other character, and she hasn't she done anything important on her own power either.

The Magi threads are better now, because they're now a continuous site of destruction of shipper and tumblrina delusion.

tumblr needs to fuck off with their delusions.

how the fuck did they miss that ochako was going to be the end game since the early chapters and the manga volumes.

I bet it's because their fucking ships are going to hit the shitter.

every fucking time except it looks like hori is doing it earlier than expected

Magi attracts Fujoshits with Alibaba, Al and that dark haired one that looks just like Al.

some people just do ships for fun not because they believe it will happen